Why do Christians grieve when someone dies?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TonyChanYT

Sep 13, 2023
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Same reason why non-Christians do. It is part of the mourning process. It is psychologically healthy, a cathartic release. Even Jesus wept when Lazarus died.

On the other hand, Christians know that physical death is not the end. We have hope in eternal life. Spiritually speaking, I can even rejoice in my death and my Christian friends' deaths.

In practice, both reactions can be exhibited.

• Love
Reactions: Cassandra

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Same reason why non-Christians do. It is part of the mourning process. It is psychologically healthy, a cathartic release. Even Jesus wept when Lazarus died.

On the other hand, Christians know that physical death is not the end. We have hope in eternal life. Spiritually speaking, I can even rejoice in my death and my Christian friends' deaths.

In practice, both reactions can be exhibited.
Maybe they grieve, first of all, because they will miss the person that died.

• Love
Reactions: JohnDB and Lambano

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe they grieve, first of all, because they will miss the person that died.
Christians actually value relationships over and above everything else. And losing a person from their circle is loss....we greive loss. Jesus did with Lazarus whom he considered a friend. So Jesus raised him from the dead.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians actually value relationships over and above everything else. And losing a person from their circle is loss....we greive loss. Jesus did with Lazarus whom he considered a friend. So Jesus raised him from the dead.
I try to raise people in my circle in life. :oops: