Why do some people not like the idea of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You apparently have failed to learn that... God created man in His Image which means we have free will like He does!

Hang in their bud... one of these days you'll get it. View attachment 37218
Yeah we do have free will. We use it every day.

but that does not negate the promises of God

Again. Why do you keep trying to save yourself. Trust God to save you?

The Parson

May 13, 2020
East Tennessee, USA
amos8.org
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm, John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: (KJV)
That is written, right???

Well then, isn't (Jesus) the savior the one who will be the judge in the Great White Throne Judgement?
That's written too, isn't it??? Okay, so call me dumb, but wouldn't Jesus be a liar when He says the following at the Great White Throne?
Matthew 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (KJV)

Do you see that? Everyone who is the Lords sheep (saved and born again), if they lost God's salvation, The Lord Jesus couldn't say I never knew you. He'd have to say "I knew you once, but not anymore"...

Not trying to be a muckraker, but why over complicate the word to fit our own personal doctrine??? That idea that we can be separated from God's love came right out of the Roman Catholic harlot. Hey, come therefore, let us reason together saith the Lord. Though your sins be as scarlet......................... I think I read that somewhere. If the Lord wants to reason with us, shouldn't we also reason with each other???

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

How could they possibly understand...if.

Berean Standard Bible
The natural man does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God. For they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Berean Literal Bible
But the natural man does not accept the things of the Spirit of God; for they are foolishness to him, and he is not able to understand them, because spiritually they are discerned.

King James Bible
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm reminded of the words of Jesus regarding people that would be jealous of God saving sinners:

Luke 18:9 Also He spoke this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others: 10 “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. 11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, ‘God, I thank You that I am not like other men—extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector. 12 I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I possess.’ 13 And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to heaven, but beat his breast, saying, ‘God, be merciful to me a sinner!’ 14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”
It sounds like these verses tell us that Jesus doesn't like people who are arrogant because we all fall short of the glory of God and make mistakes or go through temptation and sin until God finishes refining us and helping us with sin so the Pharisee was arrogant while the tax collector was humble, acknowledging this. I believe the tax collector still had to try to be righteous all the time but still failed at times so it's not that sinners will be saved, it's just the people who did right but failed at times. I currently believe in "once born again, always saved", which means that God puts His Spirit, the Holy Spirit, on the inside of you and you always want to walk in a new nature, Christ-like", which is written in the Word of God, the Holy Bible. We shouldn't fight but just sharing and stating what you believe in and speaking what you believe is the truth and letting others find out themselves afterwards is ok.

Reactions: dev553344

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mailmandan just curious how would you say one gets the indwelling spirit?
Ephesians 1:13 - In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise, 14 who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works is not hard to understand. Its just hard for works-salvationists to ACCEPT. Its a shame that human pride will not allow works-salvatiinists to trust in Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation. Their hands are full of their works and they will not let go in order to receive Christ through faith.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus Christ says... if one does not abide IN CHRIST, baring fruit, they will be cut of and cast in to the fire (see John 15)

According to Jesus... the One Who decides who gets in to Heaven and who does not.... the only way to be secure is to abide IN CHRIST.

The OSAS peoples teach this is works based
Scripture teaches Salvation IS received while a person IS alive in his flesh AFTER the person accomplishes:
“A” work and
“A” service.

Certainly, there ARE men who Believe, who Believed…because of Miracles’ attributed to the Lord God.

Certainly, there ARE men who Believe, who Believed….they can EARN a place IN the Lord Gods Kingdom, BY their LABOR of Works.

Certainly, there ARE men who Believe, who Believed….because of Provisions they possess and enjoy/enjoyed.

John 6:
[26] Jesus answered them and said, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Ye seek me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because ye did eat of the loaves, and were filled.
[27] Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

John 6:
[28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?

John 6:
[29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

So YES, there IS “A” Required “Work”.
And “that work”, is “A” Required “Belief”.

And if you notice, by default, one would BELIEVE IN God, IF they Believed WHOM He sent.

There is ONE required WORK, accomplished ONCE.
(For a man to DO the WORK ONCE, then REPEAT the WORK “again”…would mean the man LIED to the Holy Spirit, the First time…
AND….? Lying to the Holy Spirit is an unforgivable offense, and the Gift of salvation was never, will never be given that man. God is ALL-knowing. He is not fooled by men.)

The Service Scripture, of the approved Word of God, is described as a “reasonable Service”….nothing ongoing and laboring for a man to freely choose to accomplish.

The Service IS:
* Calling on the Lords Name (Jesus) and Making a Heartful (not mindful), Confession of his true heartful Belief.
* Freely choosing to Give his bodily LIFE unto the Lord God.

Rom 10
[9] That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

See the “IF” ? That is the conditional requirement, that an individual man CAN CHOOSE, or not.

Rom 12:
[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

“Your service”, is not repetitive. It is ONCE.
Just as, is “your heartful confession” is not repetitive. It is ONCE.

doctrine cause they like to leave to door open to be able to do a little sin, you know... get all freaky deaky on the weekends and still believe they are saved!.
ONCE an individual HAS accomplished his ONE required WORK and his ONE required SERVICE (according to Gods Requirements, which is called Gods “WAY”….then WHAT?

That man CAN freely SIN? (As you flat out SAY)?
NO!
SIN is AGAINST God.
SIN AGAINST God IS…Disbelief.
ONLY the Lord God Forgives SIN AGAINST Him.
A man WHO HAS, freely Believed, (IN his Heart) and freely, Confessed to the Lord God, (his Heartful Belief)….
AND “IF” that mans Belief and Confession thereof IS TRUE…(which ONLY God and THAT man KNOW)…then that man IS …
Forgiven BY God, for having HAD disbelief.
His soul IS restored, (called Sav-ED),
His spirit IS reborn of Gods Seed, (called Born Again)
His Heart, becomes INDWELT, with the Holy SPIRIT of God…(which IS the Supreme POWER, above ALL other powers, that which, KEEPS that individual SEAL-ED unto The Lord God Almighty….FOREVER.

The man CAN NEVER AGAIN SIN.

Now you may have some CONFUSION about what SIN IS.
Perhaps you think SIN is man AGAINST man, and that men FORGIVE men of SIN AGAINST them.

Think again.
Is there ONE Scripture whereby MEN are Required carte’ blanch to BELIEVE IN MEN?

Men AGAINST men…ARE TRESPASSES.
Men Cheating, Lying, Stealing, Beating, Murdering, etc. other men…are trespasses.

Scripturally, men are taught TO FORGIVE men of Trespasses Against them.

Civilly AND Scripturally men committing TRESPASSES AGAINST other men have Negative Consequences.
Does it have ANYTHING to DO with a man’s SALVATION? No.

A mans Salvation is a Gift from God.
A mans Salvation is per Gods WAY.
A mans Salvation is a Precise Agreement between ONE man And the ONE Lord God Almighty.
What does THAT ^^ have to do with ANY other man? Nothing!
(No more than YOU securing a loan, defaulting on YOUR loan, and pretending it has any affect or effect whatsoever, on me.)

Individuals are Responsible and Accountable for their own Choices.
If I CHOOSE to Accept the Lord Gods Offering, AND DO SO Accept His Offering According to “HIS WAY”…
What does it matter, to me, “IF” you believe the Lord Gods Offering is Bogus;
is Conditional on my relationships with other persons;
is a Gift of God to me, that He Lies and will take back?
ZIP.

The Lord gave His Bodily LIFE ONCE.
I Believed. I gave my heartful Confession, I gave my Bodily life ONCE, and
accepted His Offering:
of His Truth, of His Forgiveness, of His soul Salvation, of His Seed, of His Quickening Spirit to birth my New Spirit, of His Spirit (Power/Christ) in me, His SEALING of me Forever with Him, His Promise to FOREVER be with me, and Me FOREVER with Him.

No, God is not tricked or fooled TO GIVE His GIFTS and then say, whoops, the man was just fooling, and NOW God has to undo all He gave….? Ridiculous. Not according to the Word of God.

OSAS…absolutely!

Glory to God,
Taken

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"Believe what you will, but know this, his TRUTH will outlast your beliefs !"​

I really like your signature. :vgood:
Thank you.
After years of studying the word of God, then seeing the many diverse beliefs of which ppl claim, I was pondering on this before God.

Just bc a person claims a thing to be what God is saying does not make it the truth of the word.

Biblical truths are irrevocable !

Verifying what one is to believe against the scriptures, which harmonize the standards that God requires, is not difficult, it takes the Spirit & the word. I am not in perfection nor yet arrived unto glorification myself, I too err.

It is sad to see however, the many that will take on what man says vs what God says. Sad indeed that once life ceases we don't get a " do over". Hence, this thought popped into my mind as a form of an answer.

John 8:31/32
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, THEN ARE YE MY DISCIPLES
INDEED
; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

• Haha
Reactions: Ritajanice

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
what does the Lord mean when he says: "come out of her my people that ye not be partakers of her plagues."

Sames thing He means in this passage...
Ephesians 5:3-7
But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints;
Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks.
For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.
Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience.
Be not ye therefore partakers with them.

*This is a warning to Christians that would not even be there is OSAS was true
“Your service”, is not repetitive. It is ONCE.
Just as, is “your heartful confession” is not repetitive. It is ONCE.

So in your life you did one good thing for the Lord and never did any other good things except just the one?

And out of all the sins you comitted after having become a Christian... you just confessed one of them and played like you didn't commit any of of the others?

The man CAN NEVER AGAIN SIN.

Those that are infected with Cherry Pickers Syndrome simply ignore all the warnings to Christian telling them to NOT sin... those warnings would not be there if you were literally perfect and it were not possible for you to ever sin again.

This is another example of the foolishness of not accepting the whole counsel of God... which is epic fail! clueless-doh.gif

1 John 2:1
I write these things unto you, that ye sin not

OSAS is nothing but gnoticism... nothing but satanic scripture twisting run amuck! no-no-no.gif

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Biblical truths are irrevocable !
Sounds like a pseudo-biblical misquote.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Shouldn't it be, "God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable"? See Romans 11:29 NIV

Anyway, who determines "Biblical truths"?
There is no consensus. It's all presumptions, interpretation, and personal belief.

/

Reactions: Hillsage

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8:31/32
Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, THEN ARE YE MY DISCIPLES
INDEED
; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Did everyone notice Jesus said IF YOU CONTINUE IN HIS WORD...???

Being His disciple is conditional on folks continuing In His Word.... as in keep obeying His Word

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you washed your hands after handling that rather suspicious looking object in your hand..it’s not dung by any chance is it?..... @St. SteVen
Funny you should mention that.
@Nancy asked me what it was on my old avatar which was a full body image.
(which you might remember) Not this close-up cropping.
She wondered if it was a baby sea monster.

But I said it was eagle poop initially. - LOL
It was a stone from the lake shore, and I did wash my hands.

The picture was taken on the beach of the Split Rock Lighthouse on Lake Superior.

/

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sounds like a pseudo-biblical misquote.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Shouldn't it be, "God’s gifts and his call are irrevocable"? See Romans 11:29 NIV

Anyway, who determines "Biblical truths"?
There is no consensus. It's all presumptions, interpretation, and personal belief.

/
Not quite, "all", as one truly led by the Spirit and always following the Spirit and never quenching the Spirit is not speaking with the presumptions, interpretations or personal beliefs of the flesh. Have any of us known anyone always like that? How about sometimes?

Give God the glory!