Why do some people not like the idea of OSAS?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You apparently have failed to learn that... God created man in His Image which means we have free will like He does!

Hang in their bud... one of these days you'll get it. View attachment 37218
FREE WILL LIKE HE DOES???? HMMMM.

So you think the "image of God" was the 'just created' dirt bag, flesh bucket dead BODY Or did He put 'A' spirit from Him into that body in order to give that body LIFE?

GEN 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

"living soul" = Heb. chay nephesh the same two Heb words interpreted 4 times as "living creature" in Gen chap 1.

So do you believe that all the animals created are also the "image of God"? I do not.

JOH 4:24* God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth."

the IMAGE or SUBSTANCE of God is only SPIRIT.

FREE WILL?
So lucky you was born with the FREE WILL to not sin?

GAL 3:22 But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith OF Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe.
But you were born WITH the "faith OF Jesus" right out of the womb?

And it was YOUR FREE WILL that got you born again, which is the context of the next verse?

JOH 1:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Your FREE WILL is a doctrine of man, not of scripture. QUOTE ME ONE. And I believe this is the second thread I've asked you for BIBLE proof. Please answer.

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It it were not possible for the truly saved to lose their salvation, then the Lord would not have put all those warnings in His Word.

Scripture is ALL TRUE.
However ALL Scripture DOES NOT APPLY TO ALL men.

If there ARE mountains with steep drop offs, and WARNING signs to be cautious Because there ARE steep drop offs…
Does THAT WARNING APPLY TO YOU, if you are NOT on those mountains?

Those Warnings ARE true, but do NOT apply to all men.

Same in Scripture. There ARE MANY WARNINGS, TO particular men, about those men COULD LOSE their Salvation.

Salvation IS A GIFT already PAID FOR…
FOR WHO? EVERY man of ENTIRE WORLD!

So WHOSE GIFT IS IT?
Every man of the ENTIRE WORLD!

If I PAID for a GIFT FOR YOU…sent it to your home, and the delivery person knock at your door, and says this is FOR YOU, and YOU REJECT that Gift…
Was that GIFT YOURS?
Yep, bought and paid for FOR YOU.
Yep, offered TO YOU.
Did YOU Receive your Gift?
No, your Rejected it.
Did your POSESS the gift, THEN Reject it?
No.
Did you POSESS the gift, then I show up to CLAIM it back?
No.

Maybe not a great analogy, because that is a “tangible” example, and Gifts from God are Spiritual gifts, Concerning the Saving of a spiritual soul and birth from Gods Seed of a spiritual spirit.

Sure, you could accept my tangible gift, and never use it, give it away, burn it…and I would be none the wiser.

Gods Gift of Forgiveness AGAINST Him (for the SIN of disbelief IN Him) is ONLY given ONCE.
Gods Gift of Soul salvation is ONLY given ONCE.
Gods gift of a mans spirit quickening, (the mans spirit being born of Gods Seed, is ONLY given ONCE.
and ONCE received by a man…
IT IS FOREVER.

So WHY the warning ?
Simple… Because men who DO NOT Agree to Accept Gods Offering of SALVATION ACCORDING TO HIS WAY….ARE IN DANGER of Losing their salvation, WHICH the Lord PAID FOR, FOR them.

How so?
* By multiply means…
Such as, THEY NEVER DID their reasonable Service.
Such as Their BELIEF, (without their reasonable Service), IS Subject to being Convinced, BY Evil spirits, BY Wicked men, By powers greater than their own Will-power, to Abandon Belief IN the Lord God, and Believe IN and follow after Evil spirits, Wicked men, even pledge allegiance to them…
AND…IF men DO such things…
WHAT?
They LOSE Gods offering of Salvation!
They LOSE what they COULD HAVE ACCEPTED AND POSSESSED.

So, there are multiple warnings IN Scripture.
Does those Warning Apply to a man WHO HAS done their ONE Godly required WORK and their ONE Godly required SERVICE?
No.

By, Through, Of Christ (the Power of God) Jesus (the Word of God), is a mans Salvation is Given ONCE and Secure FOREVER.
They are called ARE Saved, ARE Sanctified.

OSAS…yes.

The men who CHOOSE to Believe, who (complete that WORK), but never DO the SERVICE of a Living body sacrifice….(ARE the SAME who ARE WARNED)….DO “they” ever become SAVED?

THEY CAN become MADE SAVED…
Which also HAS conditions.
* While they remain bodily alive, their own will-power must be stronger than the influences of Evil spirits and Wicked men, who are continuously trying to convince them to stand Against belief IN GOD and Jesus whom God Sent.
* IF such a mans own will-power prevails, to the DAY of their bodily death…
* They will have bodily DIED IN BELIEF, and the Lord God…THEN shall save their soul and quicken their spirit, and ACCOUNT THEM as His People. Along with any other saved man, their body shall be raised, in glory, holy, sinless. And THEY forever be with the Lord God Almighty.
They are called, Shall be Saved.

If you notice and acknowledge the MAJORITY of people who have “offsprings”, such children are for the majority of their waking day, Taught, Influenced, Openly, In Secret, Threatened, Rewarded for participation…IN Rejecting the Lord God…and following THEM.

And the PARENTS? Shocked, Complaining they did not raise their child “like that”….
Likely so, since the majority of the day, they were not raising their child. However, the child trusting the Parent, certainly is most likely to Trust, WHOM the Parent Trusted and decided would be IN CHARGE of their child.

Those WARNINGS are not only for ADULTS, to Beware. It is also for PARENTS to be VERY SURE whom they TRUST to put their child in the CARE of an other.

Of course the buzz among parents is about child predators going after children sexually.
What about their Salvation?

Thus the Warnings in Scripture.
For the ALREADY SAV-ED?
No. The Sav-ED do not require Sav-ING.

ONCE Sav-ED Always and Forever Sav-ED.

Glory to God,
Taken

Hillsage

Feb 20, 2023
Western Kansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture is ALL TRUE.
A scriptureless post..........which is also too long...IMO.
And....the first sentence is ANTI scriptural.

JER 8:8 "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.

JER 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely OUR FATHERS HAVE INHERITED LIES, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

1CO 7:40 But in my judgment she is happier if she remains as she is. And I think that I have the Spirit of God.

So, the. author of a 1/3 of the NT "THINKS" he has the Spirit of God in what he just wrote???? But you're sure?

Do you know the definition of "Original Autograph" concerning 'scripture'?
I won't spend time on your 'opinion'? :watching and waiting:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So in your life you did one good thing for the Lord and never did any other good things except just the one?

Did I say ANY SUCH THING? No.
I gave the TWO Scriptural requirements to receive Gods Gift of Salvation NOW…

ARE ANY OTHER WORKS OF A MAN REQUIRED? No.

Does a man HAVE to BE REQUIRED to do OTHER Works for God?
Nope!
Every individual mans Choice.

Did I speak to you about “OTHER” Works, I do or I do not do? No.

Try to stay ON POINT and ask rather than assume what others Do.

BTW…Other works ARE ANY Works a man DOES to Glorify God.
Works a man DOES to Glorify God, God becomes indebted, and repays His Debt with A REWARD.

Have you never HEARD…about a man Storting up Treasures IN Heaven?
Have you never HEARD….the Son of man SHALL Return to Earth bringing HIS REWARDS WITH Him?

Matt. 16:
[27] For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Salvation IS a GIFT, for a specific WORK and specific SERVICE.
Rewards ARE for doing non-required work(S).

Do you have trouble comprehending the difference?

Big boy Johnson quote:
“And out of all the sins you comitted after having become a Christian”

TAKEN said;
WHO said ANYTHING about becoming A CHRISTIAN?
Plenty of men WHO ARE NOT SAVED, have become Christians, and STILL ARE NOT SAVED.
Not ONCE does Scripture SAY…Become a Christian and you ARE Sav-ed!

Big boy Johnson;
“.. you just confessed one of them and played like you didn't commit any of of the others?”

LOL…don’t be ridiculous.
You are NOT the Judge of a persons SIN, Nor are you the forgiver of SIN.

SIN WAS between the Lord God and Myself…
(Nothing whatsoever to do with You).
SIN between the Lord God and Myself…
According to Gods OWN WORD, and MY own Freewill, is Resolved and Forgiven, and CAN NOT ever again Be a recurring issue.

Big Boy Johnson;
Cherry Pickers Syndrome[/I][/B] simply ignore all the warnings to Christian telling them to NOT sin... those warnings would not be there if you were literally perfect and it were not possible for you to ever sin again.

Taken;
LOL, Not one Warning was “spoken” to Christians.
Not one Comment was “for Christians” to Ignore Warnings.

Your comprehension is a Fail.
The SAV-ED are not CALLED CHRISTIANS (BY GOD)…
The Sav-ED are called, (BY the Lord God); Born Again, Whole, Converted IN Christ, IN Christ, Healed!!

Big Boy Johnson:
“This is another example of the foolishness of not accepting the whole counsel of God... which is epic fail! View attachment 37239

1 John 2:1
I write these things unto you, that ye sin not

OSAS is nothing but gnoticism... nothing but satanic scripture twisting run amuck! View attachment 37240

You changing the WORDS to fit your dialogue and pretend they are MY WORDS is an old worn out act of deceit.

It certainly appears your mindset is forever you must do works for the Lord to prove your worthiness that hopefully He will someday Save your soul and Quicken your spirit.

You have missed the WHOLE POINT of a NEW BETTER TESTAMENT and it’s EXPRESS OFFERING of Absolute Assurance by, through, of Christ the Lord Jesus.

Pretty sad. Further you stand AGAINST people who DO know and Trust God IS Faithful to GIVE what He Offered according to His Word, His Way…not yours.

Heb 7:
[22] By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

JER 8:8 "How can you say, 'We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us'? But, behold, the false pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.

JER 16:19 O LORD, my strength, and my fortress, and my refuge in the day of affliction, the Gentiles shall come unto thee from the ends of the earth, and shall say, Surely OUR FATHERS HAVE INHERITED LIES, vanity, and things wherein there is no profit.

1CO 7:40 But in my judgment she is happier if she remains as she is. And I think that I have the Spirit of God.

So, the. author of a 1/3 of the NT "THINKS" he has the Spirit of God in what he just wrote???? But you're sure?

Do you know the definition of "Original Autograph" concerning 'scripture'?
I won't spend time on your 'opinion'? :watching and waiting:

No problem for me.
You could be NOBLE as were some described in Scripture, to see for yourself if what you hear IS True or Not.

Acts 17:
[11] These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

I would suppose it is more convenient to pretend one Knows the WHY of an others Belief and Undermine their belief with false accusations, rather than spend 5 minutes reading a persons OWN belief and WHY.

Your complaint that I will not LABOR FOR YOU, is your problem, not mine.

Glory to God,
Taken

• Love
Reactions: Ritajanice

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My first sentence;
Scripture is ALL TRUE. Post #362

2 Tim 3:
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

John 14:
6a: [6] Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:

You may believe Scripture is Lies, that God inspired Lies, that is your Freewill to choose to believe.
Zero effect on me.
Please Try to keep from attempting to dump your beliefs and false accusations on me. I am content with Jesus being my teacher and am capable of speaking for myself.

Glory to God,
Taken

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Taken ..love reading a lot of your posts, Sis...full of spiritual food...keep up the good work and Praise God.

All in my opinion of course.

• Love
Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken ..love reading a lot of your posts, Sis...full of spiritual food...keep up the good work and Praise God.

All in my opinion of course.

It’s a curious thing to me that I rarely hear or see…which is men BLESSING the Lord God.

Sure routinely, praying, petitioning God FOR this and that. Thanking God FOR this or that.

But Blessing God, in His Honor, His Grace, His Wisdom, His Holiness, His Counsel, etc. ?

Does not seem to be a high priority of acknowledging that is Scriptural or Teaching or Doing.
Curious to me.

Glory to God,
Taken

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Romans 12:1-2​

New International Version​

A Living Sacrifice​

12 Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. 2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

Online commentary.

The essence of this idea of sacrifice is that we are to be willing to offer ourselves to God. The truest sacrifice we can make is to try and live according to His purposes for our lives. Paul says that true freedom comes when we unquestioningly turn to service of God. It's ceasing to live only for ourselves

Reactions: Taken

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OSAS…yes.

OK, so in your view people can continue living in sin and still be saved because you don't believe warnings clearly written to believers actually apply to believers.

This is why OSAS is satanic doctrine because it teaches people to believe they can live in disobedience to God and not die spiritually.

This is the exact same message satan taught to Adam and Eve in the garden and today the OSAS peoples are teaching the same message their leader the devil taught back then.

This means... the OSAS peoples are in opposition to the Lord but in agreement wiht the devil! Just like Adam and Eve!

Then you people go around causing others to stumble by telling them one cannot lose their salvation which causes many to think "huh, well no need to quit smoking crack and molesting children!" or whatever sin they happen to be involved with.

Smooth move exlax! stupid.gif

You changing the WORDS

No, you said all that is needed is one good work... so I thought I'd inquire.

OSAS is satanic so it's not like I'd ever take your position seriously laughing3.gif

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
As opposed to what?

/
I know people who claim to be Saved but they are not at all in fact, for they are only just religious dupes.
Such had claimed that they could make me Saved ?
I said i am Saved as it was Christ Jesus himself who Saved me ! and i remember the instant very well.
No one had to do such as they claimed to be Saved .
For they claimed that they could make one Saved by their actions for me to follow ? but that is not Saved at all as only Christ Jesus can Save ones Soul in fact.
Mans works do not cut it. I could see through them easy ! but they can not see me ? just as they can not see that Jesus is the Christ in fact ? for they do not have Christ Jesus within them at all, but are looking for another Jesus in fact, one who works for them ? :rolleyes: they look to the world for answers and look claiming some thing is Gods work, but such is in fact clearly a work of man.

• Love
Reactions: St. SteVen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, so in your view people can continue living in sin and still be saved…
This is why OSAS is satanic doctrine…

Then you people go around causing others to stumble by telling them one cannot lose their salvation
No, you said all that is needed is one good work... so I thought I'd inquire.

How ridiculous.

I never said a man can continue BEING AGAINST God and Be Saved.

Salvation GIVEN a man from God, is NOT Satanic!

A sav-ed man can not Lose his salvation.

The Lord Himself defined the works of God.
Did you not go verify? John 6:29

Did you still not understand…??
Works of God, is only the first step.
Did you miss the second step…??
Confession of ones Belief.
Are you unknowing many men do not accomplish the second step…?
And they are WARNED, they may be persuaded to stop believing, and IF they STOP Believing, they SHALL not receive their salvation. Duh, they lose their salvation.

Spiritual things have you stumped.
Application has you stumped.
Your lack of understanding and accusations have zero effect on me.
You preaching Gods gift of salvation is Satanic, has very negative consequences you should worry about those Warnings!