Why do we hear a different message from neighbor?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Soooo, you can't tell me how many people you've raised from the dead?
You can't tell me how many demons you've cast out??

That's what I thought . . .
I could tell you. You never asked silly.

Did you forget about healing? You are telling me to rasie the dead and you never saw one person healed in your life :) You have a high sytanderd for everyone else. But a low one for you. God will judge you in the manner you judge. Its up to you. But you are digging a very deep hole for your self.
Just go do the works you are called to and stop preaching nonsense that God never asked you to do ever.

I was with a self harmer one time. who was in a desperate situation, as he was abused as a child by a catholic uncle incidently. He was the only catholic in my family. Who was then hit by a car and is dead now. But any way the boy is my first cousin. He never took communion in his life, I asked if he wanted to. So he went down stairs and got a bottle of lemonade. I said a can of beer would do anything, I also said get a biscuit or a bar of chocolate anything would do. No religous nonsense here. So he came back with a bottle of lemonade and a choclate biscuit. We took comunion and gave all glory to God and thanks Jesus for the finnished work. And alleluya. The boy told me two demons left him. He said even the dog knows it.
But I am sure you in your cynical heart will rubbish this. If I never went neither would the demons. This is what happens when you show compassion whist doing the works of CHrist. And these signs will follow you. So that verse is to believers. You will know them by there fruits doesnt only apply to sin. These are called good works. I did the them like we are supposed to. God cant move unless you go. Like you were told. So may be now you will go to. Now that you have been sharpend to whats available.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
but not knowing teh bible never stopped anyone from going to heaven
not knowing the law never stopped anyone from being with God, hmm; gotta think about that one
not sure that can fly after the law is given, we say "ignorance is no excuse" there, mjr
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
"ye that break the law" i mean c'mon

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Seems to me as I read along.... @bbyrd009 and @mjrhealth that in posts #186 and #187 you are both saying the same thing! Or am I wrong?
hmm, i guess Pisteuo thinks so too, huh. I just asked mjr some lawyer questions, we'll see. Is ignorance of the law a valid excuse? Is "but i really thought i was doing that from love" going to be sufficient? truth is established by time-honored means, and imo i am (ha pretty cool, imo i am) one of mjr's better shots at a witness. Can you guys witness that we are saying the same, based on #203?

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is what I seen. Of course if I was being contentious I could probably see the disagreement rather than points of agreement. Perspective I reckon.:D

Making It "Holy" is totally on the reader though, i agree with you there bro. Been kicked out of many forums for saying this, most recently ChristianChat.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
This is what I seen. Of course if I was being contentious I could probably see the disagreement rather than points of agreement. Perspective I reckon.:D
doesn't seem that we are very far apart, ya. If anything, i might just want to witness to mjr...what he has heard before, that referring to the Book while dismissing It just comes across funny, to me anyway

Reactions: Pisteuo and Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
doesn't seem that we are very far apart, ya. If anything, i might just want to witness to mjr...what he has heard before, that referring to the Book while dismissing It just comes across funny, to me anyway

Nah you two are not too far apart.
Just like me...neither of you see the Book as a forth part of "the trinity" ( yes I know that makes no sense) It is 'a Book' a amazing but, but a book....yet not a perfect book...yet within it's 'none perfection' is the mind and heart of God expressed.
Expressed well enough for us to get and understand God's message.

I believe we all agree that it has become a snake on a pole and is worshipped by many. We greatly value it, and we love and believe it's message. But it is not God. We choose to have a relationship with the living God, not an inert book.
@mjrhealth @bbyrd009 Am I close or not?

Pisteuo

Jul 31, 2017
Ozarks
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah. But I get his point, too, that we sometimes put more emphasis on the book than God. In essence making an idol out of scripture. Which I guess works fine if you see it as His Word (I know you don't). I see it as "dead letter" too, until applied IRL in a seeker at which time I believe it becomes Life and Word.....and this may be a point of disagreement, but is my current perspective.

I think ByGrace just said it better anyway. :)

Reactions: bbyrd009 and Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I feel your pain. I have been where you are. You dont even like your self so how can you love others . You cant. As can be seen here.
What a fabulous example of how to walk and talk as we represnt Jesus and His way of life you are.
So funny looking at your spelling as you lecture me on spelling. Theres an i in, if
Pettiness begets pettiness.
Let me know when you're ready to have an adult conversation.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could tell you. You never asked silly.

Did you forget about healing? You are telling me to rasie the dead and you never saw one person healed in your life :) You have a high sytanderd for everyone else. But a low one for you. God will judge you in the manner you judge. Its up to you. But you are digging a very deep hole for your self.
Just go do the works you are called to and stop preaching nonsense that God never asked you to do ever.

I was with a self harmer one time. who was in a desperate situation, as he was abused as a child by a catholic uncle incidently. He was the only catholic in my family. Who was then hit by a car and is dead now. But any way the boy is my first cousin. He never took communion in his life, I asked if he wanted to. So he went down stairs and got a bottle of lemonade. I said a can of beer would do anything, I also said get a biscuit or a bar of chocolate anything would do. No religous nonsense here. So he came back with a bottle of lemonade and a choclate biscuit. We took comunion and gave all glory to God and thanks Jesus for the finnished work. And alleluya. The boy told me two demons left him. He said even the dog knows it.
But I am sure you in your cynical heart will rubbish this. If I never went neither would the demons. This is what happens when you show compassion whist doing the works of CHrist. And these signs will follow you. So that verse is to believers. You will know them by there fruits doesnt only apply to sin. These are called good works. I did the them like we are supposed to. God cant move unless you go. Like you were told. So may be now you will go to. Now that you have been sharpend to whats available.
So, you guys ate a chocolate cookie and some lemonade.
That's great - but it's not Communion.

Communion isn't simply eating something baked and drinking any liquid.
It is eating and drinking the Flesh and Blood of Christ. It is parttaking in the ONE faith that Paul speaks of in Eph. 4:5-6.

Anyway - NONE of this tells me how many people you have raised from the dead . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"ByGrace" you like his post when he is mocking me for my spelling? Why would you join mockers and scoffers?
I think she joined in laughing at the preposterous pettiness of this exchange.

Like I said before - let me know when you're ready to have a grown-up conversation . . .

Ally.s.j

Nov 12, 2017
Manchester
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, you guys ate a chocolate cookie and some lemonade.
That's great - but it's not Communion.

Communion isn't simply eating something baked and drinking any liquid.
It is eating and drinking the Flesh and Blood of Christ. It is parttaking in the ONE faith that Paul speaks of in Eph. 4:5-6.

Anyway - NONE of this tells me how many people you have raised from the dead . . .
Oops here we go you dont know Christ in a personal way. You missed the whole thing. You cant teach me on communion.
But I got a feeling your gonna try. Please do.
To eat and drink you must eat something and drink something lager or beer would have done. You see. Jesus will meet you were ever you are at/ If you knew Him you would know this basic stuff. You are about demons I told you. Two more than you shifted. Healing hundreds more that you, Raising the dead tried more than you. I am at least out swinging the bat. You are in here ridiculing and preaching garnage to everyone daily. every single thing you said in here has zero value in the spiritual. My works will go through the firs and come out unscathed. You tripe in here is worthless. No one asked you to defend a religeon in the forum or any other.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
not knowing the law never stopped anyone from being with God, hmm; gotta think about that one
not sure that can fly after the law is given, we say "ignorance is no excuse" there, mjr
Why do i need teh law, never needed it before I became a christian, so why do i need it now, The law cannot save anyone.

Reactions: Ally.s.j

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Nah you two are not too far apart.
Just like me...neither of you see the Book as a forth part of "the trinity" ( yes I know that makes no sense) It is 'a Book' a amazing but, but a book....yet not a perfect book...yet within it's 'none perfection' is the mind and heart of God expressed.
Expressed well enough for us to get and understand God's message.

I believe we all agree that it has become a snake on a pole and is worshipped by many. We greatly value it, and we love and believe it's message. But it is not God. We choose to have a relationship with the living God, not an inert book.
@mjrhealth @bbyrd009 Am I close or not?
Amen, There are no 10 question about the bible, but do you know the Son, that is the big one.

Reactions: Helen and Ally.s.j

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Why do i need teh law, never needed it before I became a christian, so why do i need it now, The law cannot save anyone.
yes, ty, this is where we diverge. imo it would be better if someone else reiterated to you why you need law, this time; i note several others have already done so too. it is even embedded in your post here. the purpose of the law is not to save you, granted