Why do you believe Satan is still around today? (Please read Op)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does it mean to you? Would love to know what your old body thinks about it.
What my old body thinks? My, oh my.
A little respect for your elders would be appropriate. - LOL
I've been a Christian all my life. 1963 officially.

My comment probably focused on what you wrote about: "questioning what is really true?"
That obviously something different to you than to myself.

I did not ask you if you were Christian. It's good to see you have an old body like you do my friend. If you find it offensive to ask a question that way, I do apologize.

It's not that I am impressed. It's just a valid statement. There some churches dead out there not teaching the bible.
That's not how I would measure how alive a church is.
There are plenty of Bible preaching churches that are dead.

I look for the range of ages. Is it all old folks? (dying church)
And diversity. Does the church draw in people of all walks of life and ethnicities?
My church is bursting with these qualities. And a preaching of the Bible.

I don't care about church, but I am glad you find it pretty cool. Have been in and out of them, in my life. Never was really impressed nor was there a whole lot of information presented during the trips. There was some cool people that I met, they did hand me some information for me to go check out, I appericated that, but I haven't been in church in perhaps 2 years maybe...

Are there any other questions that you may have?

All the best,
Matthew

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's not excuse for you rejecting the Christian Bible. You won't get by with it on Judgment Day!
Good, let God judge me.

You just a troll my guy -.-'

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From my perspective;

The bible explictly is clear that the devil Satan is and was defeated.
Agreed, Satan, is indeed defeated. But, he is still able to possess Sinners.

Jesus was already Died/Buried/Resurrected and at the Right Hand of Power when Paul was encountered with the demon possessed girl.
So clearly, even though Satan is defeated, he and his demons can still be the powerful Enemy to the unsaved.
And, we know he will be able to control the world for the last 7 years, we call the Great Tribulation.

Satan, is defeated, he's still roaming the Earth, and he can still possess the Lost and use them against the Followers of the Most High God.

Reactions: RLT63 and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed, Satan, is indeed defeated. But, he is still able to possess Sinners.

Jesus was already Died/Buried/Resurrected when Paul was encountered with the demon possessed girl.
So clearly, even though Satan is defeated, he and his demons can still be the powerful Enemy to the unsaved.
And, we know he will be able to control the world for the last 7 years, we call the Great Tribulation.

Satan, is defeated, he's still roaming the Earth, and he can still possess the Lost.

Why is this a common thread

Satan is defeated but...

But WHAT?

It's either yes or no...

Right?

His head was crushed...

He was tossed in the lake of fire.

What you waiting on ?

Move forward in just teaching about God and his son and his victory...

Saying satan is still around is just fear...

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WATCH FOR SATAN

the man came up on the pulipt, it was his 3rd preaching this year on the topic, and it's only been 5 months in, of the year.

He is defeated but....

he still around.

Nonsense.

Satan is not defeated if he is still roaming on the earth... that is nonsense.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is this a common thread

Satan is defeated but...

But WHAT?

It's either yes or no...

Right?

His head was crushed...

He was tossed in the lake of fire.

What you waiting on ?

Move forward in just teaching about God and his son and his victory...

Saying satan is still around is just fear...
I don't fear him and neither should anyone who Follows God.

But, you have to call the Bible a Liar to say that Paul did not get confronted by a Demon Possessed girl, when the Bible states that.

so, even though Satan is defeated to us in God, he IS NOT defeated to those without God.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't fear him and neither should anyone who Follows God.

But, you have to call the Bible a Liar to say that Paul did not get confronted by a Demon Possessed girl, when the Bible states that.

so, even though Satan is defeated to us in God, he IS NOT defeated to those without God.

How do you figure, when I believe completely in the victory of Christ?

What do you think of me because I believe in his victory?

A lost lunatic? A heresey monster? A son of the Devil?

------

Brother, I was lost to my own self and my own will... Not Satan. Just like the people in Jerusalem - but they did have the affect of Satan and demons in their day.

Jesus came around healing casting them out, and so did the apostles.

That doesn't happen today.

What does happen today @GodisSpirit?

Heart Change and God looks at the heart - the Spirits of the world they exist no doubt

Spirit of Greed
Spirit of hatred
Spirit of malice
Spirit of whatever,

And God cures those things, when people subject themselves to following Christ and learning from them. Though they struggle with the darkness with-in themselves and their flesh.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do you figure, when I believe completely in the victory of Christ?

What do you think of me because I believe in his victory?

A lost lunatic? A heresey monster? A son of the Devil?

------

Brother, I was lost to my own self and my own will... Not Satan. Just like the people in Jerusalem - but they did have the affect of Satan and demons in there day.
Everyone alive today, 8 billion people, are they ALL Saved?
NO!
So, how is everyone safe from Satan, if they do not have God?
It requires having God to defeat Satan.
As a Sinner without God, Satan, has more power.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Everyone alive today, 8 billion people, are they ALL Saved?
NO!
So, how is everyone safe from Satan, if they do not have God?
It requires having God to defeat Satan.
As a Sinner without God, Satan, has more power.

Yes, they are saved from sin, death, satan, his angels, the false prophet, the beast.

Problem is people don't have faith that God has reconciled the world unto himself through Christ.

They aren't saved from themselves or the - lust of the eyes lust of the flesh pride of life that comes from the world - nor saved to the kingdom of God - until they make that choice...

Hey maybe that Jesus guy can heal me I will go and look for him they say its the bible I need to read, sure ill do that and see what it has to say.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, they are saved from sin, death, satan, his angels, the false prophet, the beast.

Problem is people don't have faith that God has reconciled the world unto himself through Christ.

They aren't saved from themselves - nor saved to the kingdom of God - until they make that choice...

Hey maybe that Jesus guy can heal me I will go and look for him they say its the bible I need to read, sure ill do that and see what it has to say.
Jesus said, you must "Believe" He is Who He claimed to be and that we cannot get to the Father without going through Jesus.

The "majority of the 8 billion people alive today," don't even think Jesus is real.

So, how are they Saved from Satan, if they "don't" believe that Jesus is real?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said, you must "Believe" He is Who He claimed to be and that we cannot get to the Father without going through Jesus.

The "majority of the 8 billion people alive today," don't even think Jesus is real.

So, how are they Saved from Satan, if they "don't" believe that Jesus is real?

@GodisSpirit

You aren't gonna understand me.

Jesus Christ and his victory - saves all people from sin, death, satan, his angels, false prophet, beast.

WOW - that is great news.

God loves every 8 billion person, unjust and just.

God calls by the spirit - and that is through Nature because the heavens delcare the glory of God and the skies show his handiwork. And people can who get a bible can read and learn.

What do they Learn? More about themselves, and how they are in need of him to have change of life. They also learn more about God and the Son, who saved them before they were even born in this world.

They aren't saved from themselves - and their thoughts in the soul that revolve around the world (lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, pride of life).

They aren't saved to the Kingdom until they come to realize in the Heavens God created all of these things and they let him work on their heart.

So how can they be saved from Satan ? He is in the lake of fire he was cast out of this world.

If you don't read the bible, or study it or seek for these things, you'll always have the mindset you do, and I can't help you

and you should never believe me.

All the best,
Matthew

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GodisSpirit

Jesus Christ and his victory - saves all people from sin, death, satan, his angels, false prophet, beast.

God calls by the spirit - and that is through Nature because the heavens delcare the glory of God and the skies show his handiwork. And people can who get a bible can read and learn.

What do they Learn? More about themselves, and how they are in need of him to have change of life.

They aren't saved from themselves - and their thoughts in the soul that revolve around the world (lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, pride of life).

They aren't saved to the Kingdom until they come to realize in the Heavens God created all of these things and they let him work on their heart.

So how can they be saved from Satan ? He is in the lake of fire he was cast out of this world.

If you don't read the bible, or study it or seek for these things, you'll always have the mindset you do, and I can't help you

All the best,
Matthew
Why do you avoid Scripture like PLAGUE? What is your religion?

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@GodisSpirit

What do they Learn? More about themselves, and how they are in need of him to have change of life.

All the best,
Matthew
It's not that I believe or do not believe You.

It's knowing that Satan is cast into the Lake of Fire [AFTER] the Tribulation, like John wrote in Revelation.

We haven't had the 7 Year Tribulation yet because the Jews have not Accepted Jesus as their Messiah.

So, we know, because the Jews have not come to Jesus, yet, that Satan has not been Cast into the Lake of Fire, yet.

Until Satan is Cast into the Lake of Fire, he and his Demons are possessing the unsaved.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's not that I believe or do not believe You.

It's knowing that Satan is cast into the Lake of Fire [AFTER] the Tribulation, like John wrote in Revelation.

We haven't had the 7 Year Tribulation yet because the Jews have not Accepted Jesus as their Messiah.

So, we know, because the Jews have not come to Jesus, yet, that Satan has not been Cast into the Lake of Fire, yet.

Until Satan is Cast into the Lake of Fire, he and his Demons are possessing the unsaved.

That is your point of view,

We are very different we grew up learning differently than each other.

Therefore you have now come up against some information that you should be encouraged to study out for yourself.

I dont believe Revelation is a prophecy of future events - but of the past and they happened already.

So I see the victory of Christ viable today - and there is a lot of profit for people to read the revelation and study it, also not only that, but to continue to move forward in confidence of his victory despite the people who say

you can't believe that! No that is wrong! No dont think for yourself! No dont go and study!
Only listen to me and only me and if you think different I will yell and condemn you and that is abuse.

I dont believe like the majority of Christians.

GodisSpirit

Aug 3, 2023
mountain time zone
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is your point of view,

We are very different we grew up learning differently than each other.

Therefore you have now come up against some information that you should be encouraged to study out for yourself.

I dont believe Revelation is a prophecy of future events - but of the past and they happened already.

So I see the victory of Christ viable today - and there is a lot of profit for people to read the revelation and study it, also not only that, but to continue to move forward in confidence of his victory despite the people who say

you can't believe that! No that is wrong! No dont think for yourself! No dont go and study!
Only listen to me and only me and if you think different I will yell and condemn you and that is abuse.

I dont believe like the majority of Christians.
Ahhh, I wished I had known this before posting what I have.

So, You, are a Preterist, Full Preterist, as in the entire Bible has already been fulfilled?

Can you then show me what year the Jews and Nation of Israel accepted and announced that Jesus Christ is their Messiah?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahhh, I wished I had known this before posting what I have.

So, You, are a Preterist, Full Preterist, as in the entire Bible has already been fulfilled?

Can you then show me what year the Jews accepted and announced that Jesus Christ is their Messiah?
Uh while their own brothers were murdering them?

The ministry of Paul and the Gospel?

Not everyone that is Israel is Israel?