Why do you believe Satan is still around today? (Please read Op)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
James says differently, and God never says that Satan is crouching at your door, but sin was.
To Cain.

You can believe whatever you want to... I mean you wont convience me that we dont think for ourselves and have thoughts freely - except maybe influence of the world, by the lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh and the pride of life and by those spirits of the world -

but not Satan nor Demons.

Love to you man, and all the best in your recovery on your side of the internet,
Matthew
The people that don’t believe in free will are the ones that are really going to take issue with you. Yes sin is crouching at your door but if there was no Satan there never would have been sin in the first place. He put the idea in Eve’s head and he still operates the same way.
I would agree that we blame Satan for a lot of our own behavior. But I have no doubt he is still working behind the scenes in our world today

Reactions: MatthewG and Nancy

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a curiosity.
Satan entered Judas, but then Jesus gave Judas a command to betray him quickly.

John 13:27 NIV
As soon as Judas took the bread, Satan entered into him.
So Jesus told him, “What you are about to do, do quickly.”
Judas was already stealing the money so he opened himself up. I have always believed that heredity and environment help shape who we are. But if environment makes a difference how do you explain Judas? I guess the exception proves the rule

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The people that don’t believe in free will are the ones that are really going to take issue with you. Yes sin is crouching at your door but if there was no Satan there never would have been sin in the first place. He put the idea in Eve’s head and he still operates the same way.
I would agree that we blame Satan for a lot of our own behavior. But I have no doubt he is still working behind the scenes in our world today
Rlt63,

Ah, people who are interested in Satan are probably the ones that are gonna knock me around, saying you can't say that it's not true. It's okay. Classical conspiracy guessing, and people interested in Nephilim.

Adam and Eve, that is a good conversation they both had responsibility, but because of Eve being beguiled, and Adam partaking of the the fruit, Adam caused sin to become into the human race, when they left the garden and spiritually died.

Do you remember the promise of God? Promising to have Satan's head crushed in Genesis 3:15, A thousand and some odd years later, Paul asserts to the people at Rome, that Satan's head would be crushed shortly, then you have John's letter expressing that Satan was done away with.

So what do I believe? What someone tells me - oh man the demons are really getting to me, and Satan as well? I don't believe they are around anymore so why would I entertain those thoughts?

All the best,
Matthew

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy

I understand your heart. Keep strong in faith, all the best. I just dont fall into the whole political world, and try to pay attention to what it is doing as it doesn't really effect my life.

All I know is to go to work, pay bills, eat food, enjoy drink, and praise God - and as day by day goes along - and I do find a job, perhaps Ill be able to find better oppertunity - such a new car to be able to have confidence to go and see more of the land, and also go and visit and ask people to come by and visit and eat and enjoy time with seeing nature that God created, and also other human beings.

Been a drug addict for 16 years and never cared about the future, and my hope is that the future gets better - in the 'world' that is lived in with my body - because I don't really live in the "WHOLE WORLD", only just what my eyes see as the four corners of it.

Reactions: Nancy

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rlt63,

Ah, people who are interested in Satan are probably the ones that are gonna knock me around, saying you can't say that it's not true. It's okay. Classical conspiracy guessing, and people interested in Nephilim.

Adam and Eve, that is a good conversation they both had responsibility, but because of Eve being beguiled, and Adam partaking of the the fruit, Adam caused sin to become into the human race, when they left the garden and spiritually died.

Do you remember the promise of God? Promising to have Satan's head crushed in Genesis 3:15, A thousand and some odd years later, Paul asserts to the people at Rome, that Satan's head would be crushed shortly, then you have John's letter expressing that Satan was done away with.

So what do I believe? What someone tells me - oh man the demons are really getting to me, and Satan as well? I don't believe they are around anymore so why would I entertain those thoughts?

All the best,
Matthew
What happened to them? It’s been over a thousand years since then so according to Revelation 20 Satan would have had to be released again, deceived many then the earth had to be destroyed and now there would be a new Heaven and earth. I don’t see where any of that has happened.

Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happened to them? It’s been over a thousand years since then so according to Revelation 20 Satan would have had to be released again, deceived many then the earth had to be destroyed and now there would be a new Heaven and earth. I don’t see where any of that has happened.

What happened to who?

Yes, it has been 1000 years since then.

What does that mean? Is the bible even true? I would say Yes it is true, however the event must have been around the surrounding areas of the time - with those who were being addressed in the very beginning. Heaven and earth in the Jewish mindset, was 'they were Gods chosen people - they had a temple where Heaven - God came down and met with the people. That was destroyed and now, people are the temple. They have access to God through Christ - not the temple, there is no need to have a priest go into the temple to pay for the sins of the people because Jesus was the sacrifice. Therefore, - their 'heaven and earth' was destroyed, and the surrounding nations, were the only nations at the time surrounding them.

Not america, Not austrilia, not New Zealand.

Do you see how that makes more sense than, saying well 1000 years has been; however - still waiting for Jesus to return doesn't make sense today?

He did return to the bride of Christ whom was Chosen to be the bride of Christ which the gates of hell would not come against - they were taken and they seen Jesus come through the clouds in which they witnessed him go away after his resurrection.

These are some of the reasons I believe the way I do - and considering Satan can't accuse anymore due to the - LAW - he is ineffective today, he can't do anything. He was done away with.

Today people make their choices... just like Adam and Eve. They either partake in the knowledge of Good and Evil or the Tree of Life.

IF you read all this do you understand now why I do believe like I do? (I am not saying beliving like me is a must or must be adhered to but through a lot of research and considering of the bible it would change a persons mind when they do that type of work).

All the best,
Matthew

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
It's unwise to underestimate Satan. Even though he is a defeated foe, Satan is not taking his defeat lying down.

Unregenerate humanity remains in bondage to Satan, who is enraged with regenerate humanity:

Rev 12:17
And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Obviously Paul believed Satan was still active:

2Co 12:7
And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.

Christians are exhorted to stand against Satan and his cohort:

Eph 6:11-12
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. (12) For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

To refute that Satan is still around is to refute the Word of God:

2Th 2:7-12
For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. (8) And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. (9) The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, (10) and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (11) And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, (12) that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's unwise to underestimate Satan. Even though he is a defeated foe, Satan is not taking his defeat lying down.

Unregenerate humanity remains in bondage to Satan, who is enraged with regenerate humanity:

Rev 12:17
And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring, who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Obviously Paul believed Satan was still active:

2Co 12:7
And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.

Christians are exhorted to stand against Satan and his cohort:

Eph 6:11-12
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. (12) For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places.

To refute that Satan is still around is to refute the Word of God:

2Th 2:7-12
For the mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. (8) And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. (9) The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, (10) and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. (11) And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, (12) that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
That is just your opinion.

No one has authority here.

Thank you for commenting.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A failed economy is when everyone is selling, but no one is buying.

A religion forum is like the Dead Sea.
Hey Steven,

Just seen your comment, you know you could have a dart throw into a triple 20 point.

However there are people who we dont interact with and they dont comment and they see the information presented.

My best hope is those who can vibe with the understanding may start questioning what is really true?

In faith may they turn to the one whom rewards, spiritually.

Cause the bible is full of “literal, figurative and some spiritual understands” surrounded all in its contents and context.

Guess its one of the reasons to not focus on “the world and what it does” and put that focus on the heavenly ways - cause looking at the world as you suggested aint gonna do much but rile up that flesh, angst, hatred, bitterness cause most people are misrable, and they take the frustrstion out on the world, even going as far as murder like Cain.

All the best,
Matthew

Reactions: St. SteVen

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Nancy

I understand your heart. Keep strong in faith, all the best. I just dont fall into the whole political world, and try to pay attention to what it is doing as it doesn't really effect my life.

All I know is to go to work, pay bills, eat food, enjoy drink, and praise God - and as day by day goes along - and I do find a job, perhaps Ill be able to find better oppertunity - such a new car to be able to have confidence to go and see more of the land, and also go and visit and ask people to come by and visit and eat and enjoy time with seeing nature that God created, and also other human beings.

Been a drug addict for 16 years and never cared about the future, and my hope is that the future gets better - in the 'world' that is lived in with my body - because I don't really live in the "WHOLE WORLD", only just what my eyes see as the four corners of it.
And those are normal things that you want/need.
BTW- I have zero affiliation anymore with ANYTHING political...just so ya know. :)

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What happened to who?

Yes, it has been 1000 years since then.

What does that mean? Is the bible even true? I would say Yes it is true, however the event must have been around the surrounding areas of the time - with those who were being addressed in the very beginning. Heaven and earth in the Jewish mindset, was 'they were Gods chosen people - they had a temple where Heaven - God came down and met with the people. That was destroyed and now, people are the temple. They have access to God through Christ - not the temple, there is no need to have a priest go into the temple to pay for the sins of the people because Jesus was the sacrifice. Therefore, - their 'heaven and earth' was destroyed, and the surrounding nations, were the only nations at the time surrounding them.

Not america, Not austrilia, not New Zealand.

Do you see how that makes more sense than, saying well 1000 years has been; however - still waiting for Jesus to return doesn't make sense today?

He did return to the bride of Christ whom was Chosen to be the bride of Christ which the gates of hell would not come against - they were taken and they seen Jesus come through the clouds in which they witnessed him go away after his resurrection.

These are some of the reasons I believe the way I do - and considering Satan can't accuse anymore due to the - LAW - he is ineffective today, he can't do anything. He was done away with.

Today people make their choices... just like Adam and Eve. They either partake in the knowledge of Good and Evil or the Tree of Life.

IF you read all this do you understand now why I do believe like I do? (I am not saying beliving like me is a must or must be adhered to but through a lot of research and considering of the bible it would change a persons mind when they do that type of work).

All the best,
Matthew
You are free to believe whatever you want. I disagree

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Steven,

Just seen your comment, you know you could have a dart throw into a triple 20 point.
Thanks. I don't play darts, but that sounds like a genuine compliment. =o)
However there are people who we dont interact with and they dont comment and they see the information presented.
So... what should we do?
My best hope is those who can vibe with the understanding may start questioning what is really true?

Cause the bible is full of “literal, figurative and some spiritual understands” surrounded all in its contents and context.
Yes, of course.
Although that mean something different to me than it does to you.
But, no worries.
Guess its one of the reasons to not focus on “the world and what it does” and put that focus on the heavenly ways - cause looking at the world as you suggested aint gonna do much but rile up that flesh, angst, hatred, bitterness cause most people are misrable, and they take the frustrstion out on the world, even going as far as murder like Cain.
Well, let's look at what I said.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
St. SteVen said:

That's what won me the "dart throw into a triple 20 point", Right?
Probably in reference to...
"A failed economy is when everyone is selling, but no one is buying."

So, because you think this is human reasoning,
we should overlook the lack of sharing, and the tribalism,
and the sectarianism on the forum? Why?
Because there is some higher good? Like what?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey Steven,

Thanks. I don't play darts, but that sounds like a genuine compliment. =o)

It was.
So... what should we do?

Share when lead, it's not about being right, it's about presenting information to be considered.

Yes, of course.
Although that mean something different to me than it does to you.
But, no worries.

What does it mean to you? Would love to know what your old body thinks about it.
Well, let's look at what I said.
St. SteVen said:

It's not that I am impressed. It's just a valid statement. There some churches dead out there not teaching the bible.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If a church actually sits and teaches the bible for an hour, looking at scripture compared with scripture, checking out some commentaries, presenting information to be considered, and not just a show.

Churches gonna die out, no more people. No more money to support their life style.

However those who are truly wanting to know more, and willingly to listen - even if you say hey listen I may be wrong on some of these things but you go and check it out for yourself - people will notice your humbleness which comes from being in the Spirit by walking in faith and by the Spirit of Christ that comes forward.

That is what is impressive to me, and probably would impress that small group that is willingly to come by and learn from you.

I dont care for church so... people go and do that it's fine they can and Im sure some people are happy where they are but there is also those churches where it may not be so welcoming.

You a drunk in here at church GET OUT.
You high on COKE? Get out.
You gay? Get OUT.

Allowing people to come to a school and learn is better than a brick and morter church atleast in my opinion. But that is subjective to me and what how I would desire things to be ran... benefit for others and not so much myself.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell doing that people is as evil comparing it to Satan...

Gossiping and backbiting, bitterness of a broken ran church, doesn't amount to much.

Judgement and condemnations - I guess people take on the role of satan - THE OPPRESSER.

DO THIS DO THAT OBEY ME. JUST KNEEL AND ILL GIVE YOU THE WORLD.
while in return fake smiles, and handshakes, and pats on the back.
Even cults, who abuse their congergation. EVEN FROM CHILDhood.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hell doing that people is as evil comparing it to Satan...

Gossiping and backbiting, bitterness of a broken ran church, doesn't amount to much.

Judgement and condemnations - I guess people take on the role of satan - THE OPPRESSER.

Even cults, who abuse their congergation. EVEN FROM CHILDhood.
Why do you constantly ignore the Bible? What is your religion? Christians do not ignore the Bible. They LOVE it and defend it!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Share when lead, it's not about being right, it's about presenting information to be considered.
Not about being right? Oh my.
What does it mean to you? Would love to know what your old body thinks about it.
What my old body thinks? My, oh my.
A little respect for your elders would be appropriate. - LOL
I've been a Christian all my life. 1963 officially.

My comment probably focused on what you wrote about: "questioning what is really true?"
That obviously something different to you than to myself.

It's not that I am impressed. It's just a valid statement. There some churches dead out there not teaching the bible.
That's not how I would measure how alive a church is.
There are plenty of Bible preaching churches that are dead.

I look for the range of ages. Is it all old folks? (dying church)
And diversity. Does the church draw in people of all walks of life and ethnicities?
My church is bursting with these qualities. And a preaching of the Bible.

Last edited:

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you constantly ignore the Bible? What is your religion? Christians do not ignore the Bible. They LOVE it and defend it!
Human beings can use the bible as power over gullible people.