Why do you believe Satan is still around today? (Please read Op)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello to you and welcome,

Please take a few minutes to read this over and consider the information before posting, thank you so much.

Why do you believe Satan still had a hold on this earth when Jesus kicked him out?

Satan was an accuser; there is no more Law for you to be accused. Jesus took care of that by fulfilling and those ordinates were nailed to the cross. Satan can not accuse you anymore.

Youre totally responsible for yourself.

You and me both have darkness within us, to hate, to steal, to be greedy, to lust, to lie, and so on so forth. The only solution is the Light ; the light of all mankind.

You have the spirits of the world to deal with, the culture of the world. The spirit of malice, spirit of greed, all of these reside also in the heart of man; and the world feeds lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh, and for one to be prideful rather than humble.

Satans head was crushed in by the foot of Jesus and done away with thrown in the lake of fire. How is he stealing souls or even active today?

What is active today? Our own lust and temptations that brings forth sin, and beings forth death to the soul (mind/will/emotions), even quenching the spirit for Christian believers. God is faithful though to show you a way out when you are indeed tempted.

However why even believe Satan is around? What benefit is that over complete victory of Christ who ushers a person into adoption by the Father and brings forth new life?

I really dont understand (my beliefs are not a reflection of other peoples beliefs on this forum as everyone is free to believe what they want; but its so much more freeing to accept the victory of Christ as total and not partial).

Anyone who would like to share please feel free.

In the Lord Yeshua Christ,
Matthew
During the war in heaven=Rev 6:1, Rev 12- satan and his angels lost that war and were booted out of heaven forever, down to the earth.( 1914 that occurred) He is here. Upon Jesus return here-Rev 19:11( Armageddon) satan gets captured and abyssed for 1000 years, then let loose for a little while to test the faith of the resurrected ones who were given an opportunity to learn Gods will and live by it. Then he is destroyed in the lake of fire.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During the war in heaven=Rev 6:1, Rev 12- satan and his angels lost that war and were booted out of heaven forever, down to the earth.( 1914 that occurred) He is here. Upon Jesus return here-Rev 19:11( Armageddon) satan gets captured and abyssed for 1000 years, then let loose for a little while to test the faith of the resurrected ones who were given an opportunity to learn Gods will and live by it. Then he is destroyed in the lake of fire.
JW propaganda! Why do JW's constantly attack the Christian Bible just like Satan?

Truth:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Last edited:

teamventure

Sep 6, 2011
It's all between you and Yahava friend. Jesus spoke about the lake of fire, being for Satan and his angels. I believe that is where they all are, but everything else like I mentioned prior in my belief are still viable. I do also believe in Angels of God too but I do not think about them all that much. Just mainly desire to live a life, putting Yahava in my life, abiding in Christ, and going on about life as it comes one day at a time my friend. I love you, and all these people here, and have no qualms, just differences if anything and I am not here to say you can not believe what you do. Thank you for your kind words, Teamventure.

I appreciate you brother for the mutual love of Christ something that there is not enough of in these boards sadly. I love you as well.
I am only making an argument for the sake of debate,
The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.” He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”
Luke 10:17‭-‬18‭, ‬20 NIV

So my I ask at what point after that did satan get put in the lake of fire?

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are correct. I don’t know if the Apostles said it but when Adam sinned this world fell.
2 Corinthians 4:4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

Jesus said) "I will not speak much more with you, for the ruler of the world is coming, and he has nothing in Me;" John 14:30

Reactions: RLT63

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I appreciate you brother for the mutual love of Christ something that there is not enough of in these boards sadly. I love you as well.
I am only making an argument for the sake of debate,
The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.” He replied, “I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.”
Luke 10:17‭-‬18‭, ‬20 NIV

So my I ask at what point after that did satan get put in the lake of fire?
When the fullness of time canevwhich the prior age ( the end of material religion ) came to an end. There is a whole history and narrative. However this will be the only answer that can be given and one has to do their own research. I believe it’s been done; but others they may not. I can’t force anyone to believe me; but the scriptures are there to look at.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
People normally can sit through an entire movie. There is a load of information here.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I dont personally believe 1914 has anything to do with that time or generation. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: RLT63

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
JW propaganda! Why do JW's constantly attack the Christian Bible just like Satan?

Truth:
Revelation 20
10 The devil, who deceived them, was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone where the beast and the false prophet are. And they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
Symbolism you showed. Death and Hades cannot suffer yet they are thrown into the lake of fire. Why? To be destroyed eternally as all things are that go in there.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont personally believe 1914 has anything to do with that time or generation. Thank you for sharing.
The prophecy in Daniel points to 1914--Dan 4) 2520 days no king sits on the throne in Jerusalem--No king sat on the throne for 2520 years--a day for a year, is applied. 607 bce the last king was removed--607 + 2520=1914--Rev 6:2-He receives his crown, Jesus sits on his throne--Rev 6:4-peace will be taken from the earth=ww1=1914-Why? Because satan and his angels were cast down to the earth, angry, knowing his time is short. He filled mens hearts with hatred, they murdered each other. The reason was to stop the preaching of the good news of Gods kingdom which had begun. it did stop until 1919 it started again. Rev 6:1 was the war in heaven- the other 3 riders rode as well. After ww1 millions upon millions died all over the earth from things mentioned of the other 3 riders. The spanish flu alone killed between 50-100 million.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The prophecy in Daniel points to 1914--Dan 4) 2520 days no king sits on the throne in Jerusalem--No king sat on the throne for 2520 years--a day for a year, is applied. 607 bce the last king was removed--607 + 2520=1914--Rev 6:2-He receives his crown, Jesus sits on his throne--Rev 6:4-peace will be taken from the earth=ww1=1914-Why? Because satan and his angels were cast down to the earth, angry, knowing his time is short. He filled mens hearts with hatred, they murdered each other. The reason was to stop the preaching of the good news of Gods kingdom which had begun. it did stop until 1919 it started again. Rev 6:1 was the war in heaven- the other 3 riders rode as well. After ww1 millions upon millions died all over the earth from things mentioned of the other 3 riders. The spanish flu alone killed between 50-100 million.
I dont get into all that. Sorry.

RLT63

Apr 24, 2022
Montgomery
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bad things happened before 1914. Wars, plaques, famines

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Symbolism you showed. Death and Hades cannot suffer yet they are thrown into the lake of fire. Why? To be destroyed eternally as all things are that go in there.
"Symbolism" a fav of JW's when they don't like what God said!

Revelation 20

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Symbolism" a fav of JW's when they don't like what God said!

Revelation 20
Does not get any more plain than this.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who deny Satan exists are messengers of Satan leading people to Hell.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack, I believe that Satan existed at one point in time, and then was done away with.
Anyone who is getting people to do evil, hate their mother, hate God, hate Yeshua, to live for oneself, is leading people into darkness.
You still constantly do your same shtick, sharing that the devil has been done away with, yet continue to say he is existing.
Very counter intuitive, but you are a smart human being and know exactly what you are doing, and I am okay with that.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jack, I believe that Satan existed at one point in time, and then was done away with.
Anyone who is getting people to do evil, hate their mother, hate God, hate Yeshua, to live for oneself, is leading people into darkness.
You still constantly do your same shtick, sharing that the devil has been done away with, yet continue to say he is existing.
Very counter intuitive, but you are a smart human being and know exactly what you are doing, and I am okay with that.
Are you ready to take the fall on Judgment Day?

"Those who deny Satan exists are messengers of Satan leading people to Hell."

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you ready to take the fall on Judgment Day?

"Those who deny Satan exists are messengers of Satan leading people to Hell."
Are you calling me a messenger of Satan? I believe that while Satan is done away with, the influence of his spirit still lingers which people by the choice in their selves to do evil is all their own responsibility. I can’t put the blame on the devil; everyone had to take responsibility for them selves. Everyone has a choice,

Do evil.
Do good.

Yes I’m ready for whatever Yahava decides to do with me personally.

What do you like to do, Jack? Evil or good.

I know i love to do things my way but in the end doing things Gods way by the spirit is far superior than the earthly ways, or my own.

Praise be to the Lord God Almighty.

Last edited:

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you calling me a messenger of Satan? I believe that while Satan is done away with, the influence of his spirit still lingers which people by the choice in their selves to do evil is all their own responsibility. I can’t put the blame on the devil; everyone had to take responsibility for them selves. Everyone has a choice,

Do evil.
Do good.

Yes I’m ready for whatever Yahava decides to do with me personally.

What do you like to do, Jack? Evil or good.

I know i love to do things my way but in the end doing things Gods way by the spirit is far superior than the earthly ways, or my own.

Praise be to the Lord God Almighty.
Yahava? Satan LOVES it when his messengers convince people he doesn't exist!