Why do you feel it is so hard to be good?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
What I mean to ask is what you exactly mean by “receiving God’s righteousness”.
"...righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. " Romans 3:22

"...they were ignorant of God’s righteousness and sought to establish their own, they did not submit to God’s righteousness." Romans 10:3
Thanks for the clarification.

So it follows, the true Christians have the righteousness that comes from God.

Tong
R4513

Reactions: Ferris Bueller

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tolerance of differing beliefs. I am a walking example of that because I am multi-denominational.
People have the right to believe anything they want....hitch a ride to Heaven in a flying saucer....I do not care.
Where I draw the line is when someone's beliefs can lead people down the path to Hell.
Calvinists, Predestinationists, OSAS, and these new social religions, they draw people into a belief that blasphemes God, ruins lives, and leads people to Hell.
So I object.

Jesus promoted OSAS with this....nobody can ever refute it... go ahead —- give it a shot...Here is the quote....”All Those That Believe In Me *ALREADY HAVE* Eternal Life and shall *NEVER* come under Condemnation” ..... I must ask—- what does the Word “ Never” mean to you?

Well meaning , but poorly taught and Confused “ Christians” think that guys like me support OSAS so that they * CAN* sin.....nope.....guys like me support OSAS because I am wise enough and have the self- insight and honesty to realize and admit that I * WILL* Sin ......I need the Grace Of God to cover my “Stumblings” from start to finish....and I got it....Christ shed His Precious Blood at the Cross to atone for ALL of my Sins.....its the only thing that will work.....You were Born a Sinner and you will die a Sinner.....If Jesus died for ALL of my Sins,what Sins could be left to be damned for?The Behavior Of The Believer will improve over time if and when he gets off of the Milk Bottle by studying the Word Of God and advancing to The “ Meat” Of The Word....but, despite Those improvements in character, you are STILL gonna need a TON of Grace to get you into Heaven.....One can get that adequate supply of Grace by RESTING in the Gospel Of Grace ( “ Resting means don’t ADD to the Gospel with “ Lucky Repentance”, etc ) Given to Paul by Jesus personally to reveal to the world— 1Cor15:1-4......

Last edited by a moderator:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus promoted OSAS with this....nobody can ever refute it... go ahead —- give it a shot...Here is the quote....”All Those That Believe In Me *ALREADY HAVE* Eternal Life and shall *NEVER* come under Condemnation” ..... I must ask—- what does the Word “ Never” mean to you?

No one in the Bible or even Christian history promoted OSAS.....it is strictly a modern concept of we want to be rewarded for evil.
Those in the Bible warned of sinning throughout the Bible and listed the sins that would prevent people from going to Heaven.
You are the only one that is fooled.....could not happen to a better person.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brakelite

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are afraid free choice is a works gospel, right?

God decides if and when you can have the free choice to either accept or reject the gospel of salvation. It is entirely by God's grace that a person is given the opportunity to exercise free choice in the matter of salvation.

35 years and counting. No problem, yet. (I say that humbly.)
The criticism used to be that I was unfairly impressing the belief that you can stop believing onto others while I myself stayed in strong belief, defying my own beliefs about the matter. But I know how it is...it's that Matthew 11:17-19 thing, lol.

A man is an Unbeliever on Monday .He becomes a Believer on Tuesday .On That Same day he automatically qualifies for the following Promise—- “ NO FUTURE EVENT can take you from My Hand” .....so if this guy falls back into Unbelief Wednesday , THAT would be “ in the Future”, right? Of course—— the man is still Saved” ...He was “ locked in” to a Promise from God and God can’t lie .....I think there is a REAL good chance that God will bring him back into Belief before the guy does..... it happened to me...

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one in the Bible or even Christian history promoted OSAS.....it is strictly a modern concept of we want to be rewarded for evil.
Those in the Bible warned of sinning throughout the Bible and listed the sins that would prevent people from going to Heaven.
You are the only one that is fooled.....could not happen to a better person.

Thanks, you kind, “ good” man.....lol.....( can you say, “ hypocrite ? ) I notice you did not address my verse.....there is a very good reason for that—— you can’t....l

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If at all, that choice isn’t made every day.
Only if it needs to be made every day. It depends on if you're presented with the struggle to keep believing that day or not.

One doesn’t get to choose to repent unto God and believe in Jesus Christ, and in the gospel that the apostles preached, every waking day, or do you think otherwise?
All believers walk continually in the God given freedom to either believe or stop believing. They received that freedom when God first called them to repentance and faith in Christ. Only the unbeliever, whom God is not calling, or has stopped calling, is unable to choose to repent and believe.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That you have to choose to do that everyday necessitates that you have in everyday repented from God and from believing Christ. That’s madness, I would say. Foolish, right?
You only have to choose to do that if that's what you're struggling with. I personally have not had a serious struggle with that in my life's trials. Other believers have. The important point is that you keep believing when confronted with circumstances that cause you to consider turning back from the promises in unbelief. Like the believers in the Hebrews church faced, and which prompted the author of the book of Hebrews to encourage them to keep believing and not turn back from the hope they possessed in Christ.

"... let us throw off every encumbrance and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with endurance the race set out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the authora and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider Him who endured such hostility from sinners, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart." Hebrews 12:1-3

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No question, it is God’s grace. And that choice is given to a person. How do you suppose that comes to a person, the fallen natural man?
Through the testimony of the Holy Spirit:

6...it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.
9We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son.
10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son.
1 John 5:6-10
Some people believe the testimony of the Holy Spirit and are saved. And some don't believe it and are lost.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s good. And I would assume, considering what you believe and teach, that you’ve been given the opportunity to be saved and remain saved, and make the choice each and everyday for 35 years now, right?
Like I say, I don't have to make the choice everyday. I haven't been confronted with the need to make the choice every day. I walk in the choice I've already made. If and when that choice gets challenged, that is when I have to make a conscious decision to stay in Christ.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,….you’d better not stop and keep choosing, while you can.

I sincerely pray that there would not be a day that you would not be able to.
There will never be a day when I lose my freedom to choose unless I go back to unbelief. That is where one loses the freedom to choose to believe:

"...they refused the love of the truth that would have saved them. For this reason God will send them a powerful delusion so that they believe the lie" 2 Thessalonians 2:10-11

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well,….you’d better not stop and keep choosing, while you can.
I know you are mocking me, but you should humble yourself because you do not know what tomorrow will bring any more than I do.

"...the one who thinks he is standing firm should be careful not to fall." 1 Corinthians 10:12

"See to it, brothers, that none of you has a wicked heart of unbelief that turns away from the living God. But exhort one another daily, as long as it is called today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness. We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly to the end the assurance we had at first." Hebrews 3:12-14
The choice to believe or not to believe that you are so sure you do not have to face anymore could be yours tomorrow. And you are unprepared to face it because you are sure you will never have to. You think the warnings and exhortations of scripture are for someone else.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is obvious, it is not James who is actually saying a man MUST be justified by works . It’s you and is only your conclusion.
Works-less people are not born again. John and James said that, not me. You're rejecting God's opinion of the matter, not mine. If you reject the words of John and James that I posted you certainly aren't going to listen to mine.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<<The man with no works to validate the presence of saving faith is not born again.>>>

That would be bad news for the thief on the cross.
He did not sin against the Lord in his suffering like the other thief did. Even in the constraints of their circumstances it's easy to see from how the two thieves acted on their crosses which one was saved and which one was not.

It's funny how so many Christians think the short life of the saved thief on the cross who had only hours to live after believing in Christ and no opportunity to live out his faith in a life of works makes it so Christians don't have to live a life of faithful works either. The lapse of logic and reason there is astounding.

"...as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone..." Galatians 6:10

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
<<<That's why the truly saved, born again person must also be justified by works (as James means that) or else he is showing himself to not be born again.>>>

And so you conclude he must.
Which part, specifically, do you not agree with John about here...

"...let no one deceive you: The one who practices righteousness is righteous, just as Christ is righteous.e The one who practices sin is of the devil, because the devil has been sinning from the very start. This is why the Son of God was revealed, to destroy the works of the devil.

Anyone born of God refuses to practice sin, because God’s seed abides in him; he cannot go on sinning, because he has been born of God. By this the children of God are distinguished from the children of the devil: Anyone who does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is anyone who does not love his brother." 1 John 3:7-10

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A man is an Unbeliever on Monday .He becomes a Believer on Tuesday .On That Same day he automatically qualifies for the following Promise—- “ NO FUTURE EVENT can take you from My Hand” .....so if this guy falls back into Unbelief Wednesday , THAT would be “ in the Future”, right? Of course—— the man is still Saved” ...He was “ locked in” to a Promise from God and God can’t lie .
The promise is for those who are believing, not for those who aren't believing.

....I think there is a REAL good chance that God will bring him back into Belief before the guy does (dies)..... it happened to me...
'Chance' is a good word choice. Because it isn't guaranteed.
Paul said to turn the unrepentant sinner at Corinth over to satan "so that his spirit may be saved on the Day of the Lord." 1 Corinthians 5:5.
He didn't say so he 'will be' saved, but that he 'may be', or 'might be', be saved. It was yet to be seen if he would repent or not. We know in that case he did, though.

The interesting point being, why did the man need to be turned over to satan so he might be saved when Jesus comes back if it is as the church says that he was forever and irretrievably saved already? If that were true, there would be no need to turn him over to satan so he would be saved when Jesus comes back.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, you kind, “ good” man.....lol.....( can you say, “ hypocrite ? ) I notice you did not address my verse.....there is a very good reason for that—— you can’t....l

Verse!! LOL At this point how many verses....by how many people have you been given that proves you wrong? What are we up to now...15,000 posts discussing your desire to promote sin and sin some more? Verses!! You have to be kidding.

Christianity and the Bible are not about Christ rewarding evil. It is not about Christ tolerating evil. God's Word stands against you. I am not that patient with evil. And so many have been patient with a person that has attacked the very character of Christianity.

If you are not going to address the topic of the tread, get off of it. Start your own thread.

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The promise is for the believing person, not the unbelieving person who used to believe, or never believed at all. People who are believing in God, they are the ones that have eternal life and do not come into judgment:

"Truly, truly, I say to you that the one hearing My word and believing the One having sent Me, he has eternal life and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life." John 5:24
But you should know this already since Paul, whom you follow, said the same thing right in your favorite summary of the gospel:

"Now, brothers, I want to remind you of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, and in which you stand firm. By this gospel you are saved, if you hold firmly to the word I preached to you." 1 Corinthians 15:1-2
You have to keep believing in order to have eternal life and never come under condemnation. It is under those circumstances that you have eternal life, and never come under the condemnation of God.