Why does God allow pain & suffering in our lives?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alison_P

May 12, 2018
Melbourne
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Why does God allow pain & suffering in the world? I'm not just talking about in general like war, terrorism, racism etc but in each of our lives as an individual. I was a victim of child molestation as a baby, I have suffered from neglect, childhood bullying, in fact I have been bullied all my life, both in real life & online. I am going through financial issues and currently putting up with verbal & emotional abuse from my Mum which has been happening for about 15-16 years now who is actually my Great Aunty which she got custody of me when I was 10 months old because of the neglect by my biological parents and was diagnosed by my pediatrition with an intellectual learning disability since being a child. I am on a disability support pension which is why I am struggling with financial problems and my Mum is on the Seniors pension. Because of the verbal & emotional abuse I am dealing with from my Mum, I feel I really need to move out and get my own place but because I am on a disability support pension I don't think I could even afford to pay rent. What I want to know is why did God allow all this to happen? Is he punishing me for something I did or maybe because of what my biological parents have done? Is God trying to tell me something through my pain & suffering? Is their a purpose for my pain and suffering? If so then why?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, God is not vindictive...He is not punishing you.
People always seem to blame God for everything...but quickly forget that there is an Enemy of every mans soul...the Devil....He is the one who thrives on pain, misery sickness and disease ...it is like candy and a banquet to him.

God allows unrest, pain, suffering ( think of Job)
It is but for a while.....in the end God has a glorious plan.
This world as it is , is not the end plan.

He allows these things.....Because He is testing our hearts....even Satan knew that.
Satan even said to God..." Does Job love God for nothing?"

The test is upon us. Why do we want God? Just to fix things?

Do we only love God because we believe He is like a big Santa Clause ..where we ask Him for stuff and He performs , makes us happy, gives us our wants and dreams. Or do we trust Him as a Father. One who knows how to make His people strong through the tests and trials of life.

He promises to be 'with us' in the fire, and walk with us through the flood..
...His presence is always with us...but He doesn't do it for us...He strengthens us for the task at hand.

Truth

May 31, 2017
AZ, Quartzsite
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why does God allow pain & suffering in the world? I'm not just talking about in general like war, terrorism, racism etc but in each of our lives as an individual. I was a victim of child molestation as a baby, I have suffered from neglect, childhood bullying, in fact I have been bullied all my life, both in real life & online. I am going through financial issues and currently putting up with verbal & emotional abuse from my Mum which has been happening for about 15-16 years now who is actually my Great Aunty which she got custody of me when I was 10 months old because of the neglect by my biological parents and was diagnosed by my pediatrition with an intellectual learning disability since being a child. I am on a disability support pension which is why I am struggling with financial problems and my Mum is on the Seniors pension. Because of the verbal & emotional abuse I am dealing with from my Mum, I feel I really need to move out and get my own place but because I am on a disability support pension I don't think I could even afford to pay rent. What I want to know is why did God allow all this to happen? Is he punishing me for something I did or maybe because of what my biological parents have done? Is God trying to tell me something through my pain & suffering? Is their a purpose for my pain and suffering? If so then why?

God doesn't allow pain and suffering, At the fall in the garden, Adam forfeited His Authority in this world, Satan received the Authority, this is why when Jesus was offered the wealth and riches of this world, By Satan, Satan said I will give all that you see, If you will worship Me. Satan creates the suffering in this world by leading people into wickedness, and God will not interfere until all His enemy's are made His footstool!

God is the Author of true Justice, So He is Legally bound to the order which we at this time live, In the book of the Revelation, John sees the Lamb striping away the seal's to the Deed to this world, and that is when Our Savior will take back the Authority that He obtained at the Cross. Unfortunately there is this time period of 2000 + years before He reestablishes His Kingdom. It is still plan A

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Allison, I don’t know if you are still here. I’m sorry for the delayed response to your suffering. Why does God allow such pain? It is a good question and one of my all-time top two questions to ask God one day. The best answer I can give from our limited view at the moment is this: why does God allow suffering... for Mercy’s sake.

God is reaping a planted(sown)people that are unique to the world and in the image of God: the fruit of mercy and Of Him that reigns from the mercy seat. The world is consumed and controlled by selfish desire (pride, greed and lust). It is God’s mercy that conceived us in grace and brought forth love for God and for neighbor. This is done (loss of self) through much suffering and pain. When we are at the bottom: crushed, trampled and broken...there is NO respecter of persons.

Hebrews 2:10
[10] For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

Acts 14:22
[22] Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.

The power of God. The power of Miracles. I’m not sure we fully understand this power. Often we relate power to being ‘A god’ over all. That is not what I see.

2 Corinthians 12:9
[9] And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

‘for my strength is made perfect in weakness’. His strength is mercy. His mercy is made perfect in weakness. God is perfecting a people FULL of mercy. All the miracles the world lust after, those miracles were born out of Mercy. Not out of what this world defines as ‘power.’ The world doesn’t know it yet but this ‘Mercy’ is what they seek and truly desire. It is real. A love like we can not possibly fully understand yet. Right now, in the face of anything that is good; the world can’t stand the threat Mercy brings with it. So you are rejected. I can tell you that you are not alone. I can tell you that you are loved and never forgotten of by Him. He is not punishing you but instead freeing you. The only advice I can give you is to go to Him in prayer and submit and ask for Him to show you His mercy(so you can strengthen others by showing them the same Mercy).

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We experience life from beginning to end, which leads us to believe that things are happening to us in that order. But it is not true. That is simply the perception we get as God reveals all things to us (from beginning to end). But God is timeless, meaning that the "shadow of turning" that would appear to be one day following the next, is not reality. The scriptures only elude to the reality of God with such passages as "in the twinkling of an eye" or "a thousand years" or "day" or "a time, times, and half a time." But in His reality, just as He is "I am", all this detail that would appear to be chronological...just "is."

So...having said all that, the answer to your question, is that God is not dishing out pain and suffering, but simply revealing all that happened in our own moment of decision...in the twinkling of an eye, which is to say, instantaneously in God. Know therefore, that all that we experience "is finished." If we are headed in the right direction, we shall arrive at our rightful destination. Meanwhile, this is us doing what we do, because of who we are, whether in God, or in Satan.

So....the better question is: Whose are you, God's or Satan's. If God's, then relax, try to enjoy what you can, it will all be over soon enough. The only ones who need to concern themselves with the details of each day, are those who are Satan's...for them, this is all a second chance.

God is good!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why does God allow pain & suffering in the world?
Why does gold ore have to pass through a furnace at a very high temperature in order to produce pure gold?

That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ (1 Pet 1:7).