Why I read/study God's Word: The Authorized Version

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
never have

Then you are not qualified to say which version is best, or which is bad.

Pick up your Bible, then read it.

Then read the Holy Bible, the Authorized Version (KJV) and taste and see that the Lord is good (Psalm 34:8).

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then you’re not a disciple!!

it is against the commandments to lie! I never said Mary is God

a) I am a disciple.
b) I'm not lying.
c) I never said that you said that "Mary is God". Therefore, you are lying.

You did, however, exalt Mary to an unbiblical status. She was Jesus' mother and is now dead, waiting to be resurrected, as we all are. It is unscriptural to claim otherwise.

The subject of the thread is the Authorized version, not about your obsession with Mary. I am not going to debate this with you any further. I believe what the Bible says, not your fantasy. Sola scriptura.

Last edited:
Reactions: atpollard

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look back at what you DID say.

Did you exalt her?
Did you ascribe to Mary things that belong to God?

Scripture says give honor where honor is due

Mary is what God made her, not according to nature but according to grace

the dignity of Mary as mother of God is highly exalted

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jerome mistranslated the Latin and his mistake is the reason for 2 things that happened.

1. Catholics are doing penance, because Jerome mistranslated REPENTANCE, as "penance", and so this mistake has Catholics worldwide jumping through whatever hoop their Priest has them jump through next.

2. Martin Luther.......who was a "textual" scholar, equal or greater than Jerome, recognized that Jerome rewrote verses based on his own theology, and that was the "first cause" that end resulted in Martin Luther rejecting the "cult of the virgin" and that is why "protestantism" exists today.

Its interesting to see How God used one man's "adding to" to cause a real servant of God to change the Church back into real Faith in Christ which took it away from the "dark ages" when Catholicism (cult of the virgin) had most of the Europe and many others enslaved inside their man made religion.

“real servant”? Since when are condemned excommunicated heretics real or faith servants?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must do penance

Matt 19:38
Matt 16:24
Rom 5:3-4
2 Tim 2:12
Phil 1:29

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says give honor where honor is due

Mary is what God made her, not according to nature but according to grace

the dignity of Mary as mother of God is highly exalted

We agree! The dignity of Mary as mother of God is highly exalted (by you), way, way beyond whom the Bible says she is.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is not possible to exalt or praise Mary more than her exalted dignity
She is the divine mother
Mother of God Lk 1:43
Mother of our salvation found our salvation Lk 1:30 consented to salvation lk 1:38
Her existence glorifying God lk 1:46

Mother of God Lk 1:43

Immaculate conception (sinless) gen 3:15 enmity or total war none of satans works are found in Mary!
Also Lk 1:28 full of grace lk 1:49 great things plural (immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus) Rev12:1 woman clothed with the sun. Immaculate purity

Lk 1:30 found favor with God (the salvation lost by Adam) mother of our salvation Lk 2:30 and cos she consented to our salvation! Lk 1:38

Perpetual Virgin Isa 7:14 matt 1:21
Lk 1:31-34

Spiritual Mother Jn 19:26-27 rev 12:17

A good tree!

Matthew 7:18
A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.

The fruit of the tree of Mary is our salvation! Matt 1:21 Lk 2:30 Jesus is our salvation! This reflects the immaculate conception of Mary and the miraculous conception of Jesus!
Lk 1:30 Mary found our salvation!
Lk 1:38 consented to our salvation!

A good tree (immaculate conception) Lk 1:49 God has done this and it is marvelous in our eyes!

Isa 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

Matt 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

A sinner would be an evil tree with evil fruit, but the fruit of Mary is salvation!

Mary brings in the good fruits of our redemption and salvation!

the scripture never says anyone is a biological child of Mary except Jesus

(was a virgin only until she becamepregnant.)
This is denying the Christian doctrine of the virgin birth!
Isa 7:14 virgin shall conceive and BEAR a son

And one son singular
And her son is God

Mary is all powerful!
Not cos she is God but because her son is God!
Parents possess all that belongs to thier children
Mary is the queen of the heavenly kingdom
Christ the word on becoming man was subject to the keeping of his own commandments

Jn 2 the first miracle
His time has not yet come
God established a set time for the public ministry of Christ
Anyone else asked for this miracle and it would not have been done, but a higher law prevailed “honor Thy father and mother” and he worked the miracle and thru her intercession the disciples believed in Him!

Mary’s prayers are always answerd

mary is our spiritual mother, thank God she prays and interceded for us

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is our spiritual mother

Mary is the Mother of the living in Christ and the new creation!

Genesis 3:20
And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

John 19:26-27
When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, Woman, behold thy son! Then saith has he to the disciple, Behold thy mother! And from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home.

Jesus is not just asking John to care for His mother, if so He would have said so.

Jesus is in the very least making Mary John’s spiritual mother! And if the apostle John needs a spiritual mother so do we!
What is the family of God without a mother? The mother is the heart of the family! Jesus said I will not leave you orphans! Jn 14:18 He proved Mary the mother of one disciple then He does so for all disciples!

As eve was the mother of all the living in the first creation, gen 3:20 so Mary is the mother of all those who live in Christ and the new creation!

Rev 12:17 our spiritual mother!

Rachel is spiritual mother of Israel!
A type of Mary as spiritual mother of Christians!

The 12 sons of Jacob have 4 biological mothers, but Rachel is the spiritual mother of all Israel!

Matt 2:18 In Rama was there a voice heard, lamentation, and weeping, and great mourning, Rachel weeping for her children, and would not be comforted, because they are no more.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salve Regina

HAIL, holy Queen, Mother of mercy.
Hail, our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
To thee do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this vale of tears.
Turn then, most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us.
And after this our exile show unto us
the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray.

ALMIGHTY, everlasting God, Who, by the co-operation of the Holy Ghost,
didst so make ready the body and soul of the glorious virgin Mother Mary
that she deserved to become a meet dwelling for Thy Son:
grant that we, who rejoice in her memory, may by her loving intercession
be delivered from the evils that hang over us, and from everlasting death.

Through the same Christ our Lord
R. Amen.
V. May the Divine assistance remain always with us.
R. Amen.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
[Matthew 16:18-19 NASB20]
"And I also say to you that you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build My church; and the gates of Hades will not overpower it. I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven."

I have searched more than a score of different translations and have yet to find "and your successors" in any of them.
Isn't it supposed to be bad luck to add things to Scripture?

Of course, reading the broader context reveals a clever lay on words by Jesus. HIS CHURCH (Jesus' Church and not the Pope's Church or any man's church) WAS built on two "rocks" ... the person of the Apostle Peter and the amazing TRUTH that Peter had just spoken.

they apostles govern the church until Christ returns matt 28:19-20

Successors of Moses!

Matt 23 why does Jesus say to obey the successors of Moses?

The successors of Moses sit in the chair of Moses having the authority of the keys and the power to bind and loose Matt 23 and Jesus commanded them to be obeyed! Then the kingdom was taken from them matt 21:43 and given to Peter, Matt 16:18 the apostles, Matt 18:18 and their successors with the authority of the keys and the power to bind and lose!

Jesus said to obey the authority of the successors of Moses mt 23 authority of the keys and power to bind and loose and this power and authority was taken from them matt and given by Christ to Peter, the apostles and their successors, mt 16:18 18:18 this same authority and power must be obeyed!

mt 28:18-20 all authority is given to Peter, the apostles, and their successors requiring obedience, rom 1:5 obedience to the faith!
And Jesus say to Peter, the apostles, and their successors: behold I am with you even until the end of the world!!!
So the apostles have to remain until the end! Revelation 5:10
And hast made us unto our God kings and Priests: and we shall reign on the earth. Reign with kingdom authority (keys) power (bind loose) matt 16:18
The successors of Peter and the apostles have a valid jurisdictional authority (keys) and power (bind and loose) by Jesus Christ!

Lk 10:16
He who hears you hears me...

John 13:20
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that receiveth whomsoever I send receiveth me; and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

apostolic succession!

explicit and implicit in scripture

Judas was an apostle
Acts 1:17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

acts 1:20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Matthias succeeded him as apostle

acts 1: 26 And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

now if it applies to judas how much more to Peter and the other apostles

Matt 28:19-20
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Jesus is with His church and His apostles until the end! So the apostles must remain until the end governing the church administering the kingdom

Mt 16:18 Peter received the keys of the kingdom: (jurisdictional authority of the universal church) and the power to bind and loose:

Lk 22:32
Jesus prays for Peter:

Jn 21:17
Peter commanded to Feed my sheep:

Isa 22 21-22 prime minister called father!
Holding the keys of the kingdom under the king Lk 1:32-33 in the line of david!
Matt 16:18

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just a guess based on my limited interaction with the Catholic Church, but they probably cut into raffle sales. The Priests that I spoke with held the Church Raffle as their HIGHEST PRIORITY (and had little interest in theological questions).

There are associated groups that raise money for good causes

no the reason is the teach so many errors and heresy

pass out Bibles so you can discover truth for yourself as though that was possible

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then you are not qualified to say which version is best, or which is bad.

Pick up your Bible, then read it.

Then read the Holy Bible, the Authorized Version (KJV) and taste and see that the Lord is good (Psalm 34:8).

what version was it that came to John in the wilderness? Lk 3:2

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salve Regina

HAIL, holy Queen, Mother of mercy.
Hail, our life, our sweetness, and our hope!
To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
To thee do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this vale of tears.
Turn then, most gracious advocate,
thine eyes of mercy toward us.
And after this our exile show unto us
the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.
V. Pray for us, O holy Mother of God.
R. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.

Let us pray.

ALMIGHTY, everlasting God, Who, by the co-operation of the Holy Ghost,
didst so make ready the body and soul of the glorious virgin Mother Mary
that she deserved to become a meet dwelling for Thy Son:
grant that we, who rejoice in her memory, may by her loving intercession
be delivered from the evils that hang over us, and from everlasting death.

Through the same Christ our Lord
R. Amen.
V. May the Divine assistance remain always with us.
R. Amen.

WHAT is this? It is way off-topic and not Biblical. Sola Scriptura.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a) I am a disciple.
b) I'm not lying.

You did, however, exalt Mary to an unbiblical status. She was Jesus' mother and is now dead, waiting to be resurrected, as we all are. It is unscriptural to claim otherwise.

The subject of the thread is the Authorized version, not about your obsession with Mary. I am not going to debate this with you any further. I believe what the Bible says, not your fantasy. Sola scriptura.

Mary is crowned queen in heaven!

why does something need to be in scripture?

The Rule of Faith!

What is the rule of faith for Christians, or the source of truth?

What is the pillar and ground of truth?

How do we know truth?

Where does it say the “Bible alone”?
Or that we are permitted to read it for ourselves and make our own doctrine?

Where does it say all revealed truths are found in scripture?

Where does it say discover truth for yourself in scripture

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a) I am a disciple.
b) I'm not lying.

Jn 19 refers to all disciples
Behold Thy mother!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We agree! The dignity of Mary as mother of God is highly exalted (by you), way, way beyond whom the Bible says she is.

the Bible says she is full of Grace!
Jesus the Lord is with Her!
Blessed! Lk 1:28