Why I'm Not a Theist Anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Paul CLAIMED his source was 1st hand accounts. Are the 12 apostles even historical people?

In othe rwords, you consider it reasonable to suppose that Paul was lying about his trips to Jerusalem! Your comment is at the same abysmal level of flat earthers who claim that the Apollo moon landing was faked in a New Mexico hanger. During my career as a professor regularly attending the most academically prestigious Bible conferences the world, I have never encountered even one Bible scholar (atheist, agnostic, or Jewish) who challenged the existence of the 12! I just wanted tp expose for readers how irrationally dishonest and closed-minded your reasoning truly is.

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
In other words, you consider it reasonable to suppose that Paul was lying about his trips to Jerusalem!
Not exactly. When I ask if the 12 were real people I am referring to them being the people who actually witnessed and did the things claimed by the NT writers.

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not exactly. When I ask if the 12 were real people I am referring to them being the people who actually witnessed and did the things claimed by the NT writers.

Ah, so you're actually claiming that the apostles who provided Paul with their series of resurrection appearances were probably lying to him!?

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Ah, so you're actually claiming that the apostles who provided Paul with their series of resurrection appearances were probably lying to him!?
I doubt the writer's claim that men who saw the resurrected Jesus existed.

The allegations are that the writers of the NT were either misled or flat out fabricating what actually happened in the decades prior to them pinning the gospel accounts. The 1st century believers are not the ones being accused of making things up. They were said to simply be victims that were deceived by false teaching and fake facts into believing in something that was a fabrication of the truth.
The issue is not whether the majority of believers of which some even became martyrs were mad liers willing to die to promote a non truth, the issue instead is that they believed to be true based in fact or were they mistaken as it relates to what the truth was.

Last edited: