Why I'm Not a Theist Anymore

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I go where the evidence leads. If the Bible miracles stories could be demonstrated to be factual, I'd believe they occurred.

With the right evidence, I don't see why not. Second hand narratives and the Bible itself doesn't give such evidence, However, so if you have other sources, please share.
Self-authenticating experiences can be suspect and the fact of the matter is that I've had them and was convinced they were what I FELT they were and as it turns out, I was wrong.
https://biblicalhistoricalcontext.c...raelite-origins-putting-away-childish-things/

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Now I want to cuss at you again. But I won't, because its just a way to avoid saying what I really feel. But saying what I really feel about your reply would be like this.

I feel like you care for nothing about my own struggles, and it actually makes me feel disturbed when believer's grant me blessing or prayers, and a whole heap of other stuff has been stirred up.
prayers of supplication are pagan, yeh

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And until it can be demonstrated that what was written was true, then the faith is in men, PERIOD
ida given you a like there but for this last part, which i even understand your meaning here, but i suggest that mythology was never meant to be read as “true” or “literal” or even “historically accurate”

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are a NPC in totality.

How do you come to that conclusion?

proxy-image

proxy-image

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You BELIEVE your belief is in the Christ when in actuality it is in what someone SAID about the Christ. EVERYTHING you believe about the Christ was declared by man and personally adopted by you, EVERYTHING.

Christ, damnation, salvation, and other characters and plot items are the writings of men and evidence to support the idea that THOSE WRITINGS are anything more than fiction or legend is severely LACKING. And until it can be demonstrated that what was written was true, then the faith is in men, PERIOD.
Maybe you’re talking about yourself, loose the chip on your shoulder already.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You should be mad at me. I am mad at me. Why doesn't anyone want to mad at me?
Nope . I aint mad at you . You are no more lost than i once was . I might shut down your opposing views and hate your doctrine of lies ,
BUT NOT YOU my friend . I was as lost as you , maybe even more , cause i could still say JESUS name , yet was lost as heck .
I have no hate towards you . SORROW YES . SORROW YES . cause you could have the same free gift i was given .
ONLY YE WOULD NOT . You heeded some major false ones . No wonder you fell away . Truth is , i truly beleive you never KNEW JESUS .
You were like me , you maybe had some head knowledge , but you as i once was , were lost .
You keep asking all these questions and looking for proof . I can no more prove to you as they could to thomas , THE PROOF .
YOU need to simply PRAY TO GOD for truth and get in the bible for YOURSELF . LEARN that JESUS FOR YOURSELF .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The evidence is all around you. You did not even read the thread Evidence to Be Seen. You are like a fish, denying water exists.
Whereunto shall we liken this generation .
It is as a fish that does swim through the ocean . It has become very wise to the knowledge of the fish of its ocean .
And when the simple childlike fish does approach and tells it , what you swim in is water . You need not to look for proof of water any longer ,
IT says , YOU SILLY dumb childlike fish , you should have heeded the wise fish of this world and of our ocean .
This is not water, iT SAYS , its just H2O . ITS hydorgen and oxygene . OOPS , THATS WATER . BUT they cannot see
due to all the carnal wisdom that has clouded their eyes .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to be fair Thomas had just been instructed not to be believing any reports about Jesus, in the If they say “here He is,” dont follow them passage
I understand what you are trying to say . But that aint what JESUS said to thomas .
HE said STOP BEING FAITHLESS and BELIEVE .
Ps , i dont think you are the devil just cause you said that . I am just trying to get all of our focus Back on learning our bibles only more so .
Thomas had no excuse .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Case by case specifics please?
well, the link would do that better than i could, but as a for instance we are often reading what is called Conquest Genre, particularly OT and i think the Rev, which contemporaries knew to not read literally, and which even survives today, in our sports reporting, “The Yankees Slaughter the Mets” for instance; how many Mets died? But also stuff like “the walls of Jericho” which did not exist in that era…also Nazareth was known to be uninhabited in Jesus’ time, lots of other stuff

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Thomas had no excuse .

What tradition was slow to pick up on is that Thomas was under standing orders by Christ to not believe when people reported a Messiah sighting (MATTHEW 24:23-26).
But that aint what JESUS said to thomas .
HE said STOP BEING FAITHLESS and BELIEVE
When Jesus shows himself to Thomas too, he doesn't in any way rebuke him but calls him blessed for having seen him (JOHN 20:29)...” which i dont entirely agree with myself, but meh
The amazing name Thomas: meaning and etymology

Truth OT

Oct 24, 2019
Cypress
Faith
Agnostic
Country
United States
Conquest Genre, particularly OT and i think the Rev
Apocalyptic Literature is what I've always heard it referred to as, and it has to be understood is non-literal ways based on things like the intended audience, the culture of the writer's day, etc. I get all of that. (BTW, I practiced Christian apologetics for a bit as a layperson trying to win souls in the past as I was a Christian for over a quarter of a century). What I don't get is how understanding this does ANYTHING to support the notion that what the writers said, ALL of what they said, was true and actually happened.