Why Is Raising The Dead So Rare These Days ?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
If Wigglesworth could raise folks from the dead (i.e. he had power over death), why is he dead?

Oh, I guess you hadn't heard... Paul died a martyr.

:huh:

The doctrine that the power of God and his life is no longer available to the church comes from people both not having the power and yet being sure that they have arrived and form the church as God desires it.

A dangerous combination!

biggandyy

I am here to help...
Oct 11, 2011
SWPA
Paul didn't run around willy nilly claiming he could raise the dead, he did it. Wiggler never produced one person he claimed to have raised.

As far as your second part, perhaps a course in English is in order because I have said no such thing as the words you are putting in my mouth. You are reading what you want to read and then responding to the made up dialogue you've had in your own head.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Paul didn't run around willy nilly claiming he could raise the dead, he did it. Wiggler never produced one person he claimed to have raised.

As far as your second part, perhaps a course in English is in order because I have said no such thing as the words you are putting in my mouth. You are reading what you want to read and then responding to the made up dialogue you've had in your own head.

<_< Doesn't change the fact Paul is dead, ie someone can raise the dead, but that doesn't mean they don't die. Makes me think of someone, who came to save others, and thus could not save himself. These men reflect this.

I agree with tommy... The gift of raising the dead (if it ever was a true gift) is no longer extant as a Christian Spiritual Gift.

'It's for another dispensation'.

In other words, the church today is not meant to walk in the power it did before, that is the power of God. That's what I'm talking about, when I say this! ;)