WHY IS THE CHURCH GOING OUT BACKWARD?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Chris1964

Jun 13, 2020
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

LOL
It doesn't say only 1 does it? You need to read the entire n.t. and not focus on one verse. 2 Tim 2:15

Reactions: bbyrd009

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Pe 5:1, The elders which are among you I exhort, who am also an elder, and a witness of the sufferings of Christ, and also a partaker of the glory that shall be revealed:
1Pe 5:2, Feed the flock of God which is among you, taking the oversight thereof, not by constraint, but willingly; not for filthy lucre, but of a ready mind;
1Pe 5:3, Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.
1Pe 5:4, And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away.

Jesus is here called the chief Shepherd; which would indicate that there are sub-shepherds or under-shepherds.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't say only 1 does it? You need to read the entire n.t. and not focus on one verse. 2 Tim 2:15
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one
fold, and one shepherd.

YES, IT DOES.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Keep the comments coming as it is good to see people seriously thinking about the subject matter and there is no doubt we are hitting some nails on the head. Better than hitting your head against a brick wall.

It's a Condunrum...
We know certain things SHALL come to pass...
But we are Unknowing of the MANNER...
Until it is Revealed...
Once Revealed...
Some recognize it...Many do Not.

From the beginning Children have been man-kinds Blessing...to Teach them the WAY of the Lord...(establishing a Foundation for them)...
BEFORE ...
they are unleashed out into The World and Faced with Corrupt influences that mightily prey on the young.

Men providing, home leading his family, women running the household caring for their children...Natural WAY established.

Upset that WAY...quickly and efficiently??
WAR...WAR...WAR
US attacked nearly 100 yrs ago...
Men Not in the household.
Women Working.
Children during their awake hours...
Someone else Influencing the Children.

Pseudo "conflicts/WARS" have continued since.

Divorce skyrocketing.
Children raised by governments and society.
The New Norm.
Generations accepting (and defending) of the New Norm.

The New Norm is NOT "NEW" to several generations of children...who are frustrated and rebellious, but can't put their own finger on WHY.
Sad.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one
fold, and one shepherd.

YES, IT DOES.

Jesus is our EXAMPLE.
The Shepherd "Tends the Flock."
It is BY THE EXAMPLE, men "teach" there IS a Flock, and INVITE other men to come and Hear the Good News, so others may Choose to JOIN the Flock.

Not All are called to Teach.
Those who Are called,
Are called BY the Holy Spirit.
Teaching on Behalf of the Lord, IS Service unto the Lord, that Glorifies God.

Teaching, encouraging, aiding, a congregate is a pastors type of works tending, the Lords Flock, on behalf of the Lord, in Service to the Lord.

The Apostles did the Same thing...Because Jesus Sent them to Do (face to face with men)...as Jesus had done Face to face with men.

1 Cor 12:
[4] Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
(4: through 11)

Luke 10:
[3] Go your ways: behold, (look) I (Jesus) send you (Servants) forth as (like) lambs (Jesus) among wolves (Corrupt world).

Glory to God,
Taken

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
It's a Condunrum...
We know certain things SHALL come to pass...
But we are Unknowing of the MANNER...
Until it is Revealed...
Once Revealed...
Some recognize it...Many do Not.

From the beginning Children have been man-kinds Blessing...to Teach them the WAY of the Lord...(establishing a Foundation for them)...
BEFORE ...
they are unleashed out into The World and Faced with Corrupt influences that mightily prey on the young.

Men providing, home leading his family, women running the household caring for their children...Natural WAY established.

Upset that WAY...quickly and efficiently??
WAR...WAR...WAR
US attacked nearly 100 yrs ago...
Men Not in the household.
Women Working.
Children during their awake hours...
Someone else Influencing the Children.

Pseudo "conflicts/WARS" have continued since.

Divorce skyrocketing.
Children raised by governments and society.
The New Norm.
Generations accepting (and defending) of the New Norm.

The New Norm is NOT "NEW" to several generations of children...who are frustrated and rebellious, but can't put their own finger on WHY.
Sad.

Glory to God,
Taken
Strange isn't it. Too many, even people who identify as Christian, leave their children to be educated and hypnotised by strangers. Yet the enemy fully understand the advantage in reaching children. Hence queer cross dressing transvestite whores reading to kindergarten aged babies. A mum complained of this in Brisbane recently and now the LGBT crew want to litigate against her for being intolerant. Grrrr.

Chris1964

Jun 13, 2020
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
fold, and one shepherd.

YES, IT DOES.
Show me the word 'only'. Then show me a lexical citation of pastor that rejects a definition of shepherd. When you have those you might have something.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me the word 'only'. Then show me a lexical citation of pastor that rejects a definition of shepherd. When you have those you might have something.

We see what it says, but what's your point? -- That Jesus will have MORE than one "flock"; or that Jesus has other brothers who "Shepherd"?

It appears you have a different agenda.
Bobby Jo

Chris1964

Jun 13, 2020
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We see what it says, but what's your point? -- That Jesus will have MORE than one "flock"; or that Jesus has other brothers who "Shepherd"?

Bobby Jo
Read all of my replies. I've already answered this.

Candidus

Jan 27, 2020
Kuna
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Bobby Jo

The Bible speaks of the Church at____, and the Church at _______. So, are you saying that there is not One Church? Or can we have many Churches that are part of a greater singular Church Body?

How does that factor into your 'agenda'?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Strange isn't it. Too many, even people who identify as Christian, leave their children to be educated and hypnotised by strangers. Yet the enemy fully understand the advantage in reaching children. Hence queer cross dressing transvestite whores reading to kindergarten aged babies. A mum complained of this in Brisbane recently and now the LGBT crew want to litigate against her for being intolerant. Grrrr.

There are all kinds of "outside" nose pokers whose whole mission in life is to Direct and Force others to Tolerate...and Accept...and then be compelled (forced) to participate in "their" choices.

I recall a case, whereby a woman was schooling her children at home and teaching them Scripture as part of their studies, having a case brought Against her.

Other cases are pending against homeschoolers who are schooling at home for all kinds of reasons.

Know the Law in your state!
Homeschool is a Legal Term.
Homeschool Requires "permission" and "proof" (by inspection), their "curriculum" is followed and "reported to "them".

A parent/guardian MUST "withdrawal" the Student from school...or they Will be charged with contributing to "Truency".

When "withdrawing" a child, "they" will demand to know the parents "intent" of "where" the child "will be schooled".
The school will not release school records of their child TO the parents, but Will send records to Another "school".

If a parent mentions "Homeschool"....
Ding, ding, ding....legal Term!
Gives "nose pokers" option to dictate Parent MUST Follow "their" supervised curriculum.

I have "schooled kids at home"...not a legal term.

I have withdrawn kids from school.
(Leaving Truancy charge off the table)
I was demanded to know "what school" the child "would be" attending.
Gave no answer.
They pressed, issue of "reason to need that information"...school records.
Irrelevant...IF "next school NEEDS your school records, there IS a procedure for me to Authorize "Next school", to request "your records" about the child.
I had zero need, of their "records".
I had every opportunity to VIEW the child's records While they "were enrolled."
I did Not use "their" (limited and poorly designed structured curriculum or Libral infused books).
They were taught Math (without "marrying" numbers", UGH) English, Vocabulary, proper and slang, Writing (without plagiarizing), Reading, (Beginning at their level and How to advance quickly), Science (how things work and Why), how to use and clean, a weapon, grow food, harvest, prepare and cook, how Government operates and WHY, how to fix household items (running toilet for example), music, how to conduct an experiment, how to study, MAKE a report, swim, play games, spend a day with a blind fold, or ears muffled in silence, an arm tied to their side (experiencing the difficulties of everyday life others different from them experience) and principles and disciple by and Through Scripture.

Know your States law, and be armed with it, should authorities attempt to threaten with legalities.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: marksman

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
in the so called free world churches are a financial enterprise for which in a capitalist system if there's no money in it then it withers away. in today's society church as in church buildings and such just may be obsolete. to communicate the Gospel one must be where people communicate. and that really doesn't matter where that is does it?

in this panic over viruses everyone's children stayed home and used computers and maybe smart phones to sustain their education requirements. which shows you really don't need school buildings anymore and all the expenses that come with it.

actually sites like this believe it or not is where the non-believe can contest and find out otherwise. and the truth is when you go where the non-believes are through out the history of the Gospel preaching and teaching its always been contested. but its the ones who want to know and understand just who and what Jesus the Christ really is. and places like this are the way to make one's self available to the honest question.

one can go to philosophy website or any religion website and any other acceptable site for public communication. which is the way things are today in this computer society. think about it just how much success has something like Facebook enjoyed. and because there's money in it, because its a way people want to communicate.

you must understand, evangelizing is nothing more then a aggressive add champagne in the world for the Kingdom of God.

Billy Gram used the ways of the day to communicate and it worked pretty good.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"One", is "only".

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is our EXAMPLE.
The Shepherd "Tends the Flock."
It is BY THE EXAMPLE, men "teach" there IS a Flock, and INVITE other men to come and Hear the Good News, so others may Choose to JOIN the Flock.

Not All are called to Teach.
Those who Are called,
Are called BY the Holy Spirit.
Teaching on Behalf of the Lord, IS Service unto the Lord, that Glorifies God.

Teaching, encouraging, aiding, a congregate is a pastors type of works tending, the Lords Flock, on behalf of the Lord, in Service to the Lord.

The Apostles did the Same thing...Because Jesus Sent them to Do (face to face with men)...as Jesus had done Face to face with men.

1 Cor 12:
[4] Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.
(4: through 11)

Luke 10:
[3] Go your ways: behold, (look) I (Jesus) send you (Servants) forth as (like) lambs (Jesus) among wolves (Corrupt world).

Glory to God,
Taken
Yes, the ONE Shepherd tends the flock.

His helpers(feeders) are trying to tend to the flock for themselves.

Chris1964

Jun 13, 2020
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"One", is "only".
Not necessarily. One; eis in the greek is used a number of ways in the n.t. "One" way is as a primary, another is the first in a sequence, another is one to the exclusion of all others. So pick one and back it up with something other than opinion.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not necessarily. One; eis in the greek is used a number of ways in the n.t. "One" way is as a primary, another is the first in a sequence, another is one to the exclusion of all others. So pick one and back it up with something other than opinion.
So, you disagree with what Jesus said about himself as being the one Shepherd?...

fold, and one shepherd.

How about the one fold?

Does Jesus have many folds too?

Are there now many shepherds and many folds in Jesus?

Chris1964

Jun 13, 2020
Illinois
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you disagree with what Jesus said about himself as being the one Shepherd?...

fold, and one shepherd.

How about the one fold?

Does Jesus have many folds too?

Are there now many shepherds and many folds in Jesus?
I answered this elsewhere in this thread. I gave options for 'one', exegete the verse and lay it out for us.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I answered this elsewhere in this thread. I gave options for 'one', exegete the verse and lay it out for us.
Do you think Jesus was saying "one Shepherd" as in many shepherds?

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the ONE Shepherd tends the flock.

His helpers(feeders) are trying to tend to the flock for themselves.

In some cases yes...but that is not what Jesus taught.

Glory to God,
Taken