Why John 6:37 is grossly misunderstood and misapplied

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Denominations are unscriptural and show carnal mindedness.
Well denominations arose from the Reformation and Reformed Theology as related to Calvinism is a distortion of Scripture. So where does that leave you?

D

Dave L

Well denominations arose from the Reformation and Reformed Theology as related to Calvinism is a distortion of Scripture. So where does that leave you?
I never belonged to any denomination. Paul says they are a sign of carnal mindedness.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Denominations are unscriptural and show carnal mindedness.

Again WRONG.

Says you! For you have no understanding of Scripture.

Jesus began His church on Pentecost and still adding to His church daily.

By your own admission, you do not belong to the body / church of Jesus

Last edited:

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice that the Father was drawing me at that moment; and yet I had the option of going in the opposite direction. And I probably would have if I hadn't previously heard the verse in question.
Like Jonah? How he had the option to go the other way? And yet.... he really didn't did he?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If my teachings on this matter are false, correct me. Don't slander people without proof.

You need to take your own advice.

Like Jonah? How he had the option to go the other way? And yet.... he really didn't did he?

He did go the other way.

And even after the Lord's disciplining of him, he also had the option of going in the opposite direction a second time...

Of course he took the wiser course of action, recognizing that the previous thing that had happened was the chastening of the Lord...but of course Jonah might have been the fool and continued to run from the Lord.

I believe that God chose Jonah specifically because it was in his heart that once chastened, he would fulfill the commission given to him.

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that God chose Jonah specifically because it was in his heart that once chastened, he would fulfill the commission given to him.

So would you say this is also why God calls some? Because he sees that they have it in them to respond?

D

Dave L

You need to take your own advice.

He did go the other way.

And even after the Lord's disciplining of him, he also had the option of going in the opposite direction a second time...

Of course he took the wiser course of action, recognizing that the previous thing that had happened was the chastening of the Lord...but of course Jonah might have been the fool and continued to run from the Lord.

Telling the verifiable truth is not slander.

D

Dave L

Again WRONG.

Says you! For you have no understanding of Scripture.

Jesus began His church on Pentecost and still adding to His church daily.

By your own admission, you do not belong to the body / church of Jesus
“For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?” (1 Corinthians 3:4) (KJV 1900)

“Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ. Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?” (1 Corinthians 1:12–13) (KJV 1900)

Reactions: Waiting on him

Mjh29

May 28, 2017
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, because predestination is according to foreknowledge.
So God foresaw that you would make the correct decision.... which means that your correct choice is the true reason for your salvation, not God's grace. This is also known as works righteousness.

So you believe in works righteousness?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God foresaw that you would make the correct decision.... which means that your correct choice is the true reason for your salvation, not God's grace. This is also known as works righteousness.

It's by faith, which is a choice that we make.

D

Dave L

@Dave L, you also have not succeeded at proving that your slander of me is the verifiable truth.
I do not lie when I say you are a heretic by historic Christian standards. And are more like Islam and Judaism than Christianity in your Sabellianism. Condemned as heresy by several church councils. The same is true of @101G.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not lie when I say you are a heretic by historic Christian standards. And are more like Islam and Judaism than Christianity in your Sabellianism. Condemned as heresy by several church councils. The same is true of @101G.

Nevertheless, my belief is not heretical by God's estimation...because it is based on biblical truth.

And this correct choice is what you believe saves us.

Nope.