Why water into wine?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I have stated repeatedly - I am only here to expose lies about the Catholic Church so that others who come here seeking the truth about what the Church teaches don't get seduced by the lies. There is so much manure being spread around here and it's really pathetic how little research is done before some of these anti-Catholics post.

I will stop posting here when I stop seeing this rubbish about what the Church teaches being spread.
This was never a thread about the Catholic Church - until the anti-Catholics came out of the woodwork . . .

Thank you for clarifying what you see as your purpose here. It may well be that God have given you just such an assignment that in order to help everyone learn how have charity toward one another, even if we disagree with some of their beliefs. Jesus always showed charity to everyone, even to Judas while recognizing what Judas would betray Him. In the I Corinthians chapter 13 as I understand it is shown that very little, or nothing, that a person may know or do is worth the effort in the eyes of God if a person has no charity.

Give God always the glory for He alone is always worthy.

Reactions: Woman On A Mission

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is not eternal torment the JUST reward of those who reject God (Satan, his demons and sinners)?
Is it really?

Those who have never known God when the dirt is thrown over their faces are already dead... and as the scripture says, "the dead know nothing". Their condemnation was the death they inherited from their first parent, Adam and Even.

Of course, when we are speaking about a person who had received the more abundant Life that Jesus brought and then cast it away, we do have another situation, do we not? However, I have only said what I believe. God is the One who always knows the answers. So long as He is pleased with our hearts, does our ignorance of the final fate of the ones who will not be with Him forever ultimately make a difference?

perrero

Aug 6, 2010
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Is it really ?

Those who have never known God when the dirt is thrown over their faces are already dead... and as the scripture says, "the dead know nothing". Their condemnation was the death they inherited from their first parent, Adam and Even.

There is no such thing as never knowing God. His word states that "The heavens declare His Glory" PS. 19:1, He has set eternity in the heart of man, Ecc. 3:11 and the Spirit convicts of Righteousness, Sin and Judgement" John 16:8

BTW, we did not inherit death. "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men,
for that all have sinned" Rom. 5:12

Of course, when we are speaking about a person who had received the more abundant Life that Jesus brought and then cast it away, we do have another situation, do we not? However, I have only said what I believe. God is the One who always knows the answers. So long as He is pleased with our hearts, does our ignorance of the final fate of the ones who will not be with Him forever ultimately make a difference?

No it does not ultimately make a difference, however why remain in ignorance when God's Word tells us the truth of the matter. A matter, btw, which is of utmost importance. Let's not forget that God is not willing that any should perish. (Call this the prime directive) Nevertheless, free will beings will reject Him even though He would resurrect a dead person before him. It is no different than when Satan took his stand against God. Eternal torment is not a matter of opinion in God's Word, it is a matter of fact.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no such thing as never knowing God. His word states that "The heavens declare His Glory" PS. 19:1, He has set eternity in the heart of man, Ecc. 3:11 and the Spirit convicts of Righteousness, Sin and Judgement" John 16:8

There is knowing and there is believing that one knows when he really doesn't. Perhaps Jesus was thinking of this when he said,
"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity." Matt 7:21-23

BTW, we did not inherit death. "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned" Rom. 5:12

I agree that communication is a problem for me as well as others. Indeed we did not really inherit death. Rather, we were simply born without Life, which means to me that in the eyes of God we were dead.

No it does not ultimately make a difference, however why remain in ignorance when God's Word tells us the truth of the matter. A matter, btw, which is of utmost importance. Let's not forget that God is not willing that any should perish. (Call this the prime directive) Nevertheless, free will beings will reject Him even though He would resurrect a dead person before him. It is no different than when Satan took his stand against God. Eternal torment is not a matter of opinion in God's Word, it is a matter of fact.
Eternal torment is a matter of fact for anyone for whom it is true. But my question would be to whom is it true? I don't really know the answer, but God certainly does.

perrero

Aug 6, 2010
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Personally, I would have to say no.

Of course, it is not up to me and my opinion is not relevant; but it is hard for me to consider punishing my own creation for not being ethical or playing by the rules.

This is not a game with rules and dice. "Not being ethical"?? Sin is a direct affront to the Sovereignty, Majesty and Greatness of God. It is spitting on His Mercy, Forgiveness and Faithfulness. It is the grave failure to recognize the immeasurable cost of His Son's death on the cross. The fact that He has brought us into existence, with every breath sustaining us, should drive us to live in Holiness as He commands.

When you play down the seriousness of sin, you begin to view God as unfair, unjust and lacking Mercy.
Heaven Forbid!

perrero

Aug 6, 2010
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There is knowing and there is believing that one knows when he really doesn't.
Somehow I don't think these people will be surprised. God is not a respecter of persons but He is a respecter of character. Deeds do not shape the character of an individual. And this is what the Spirit convicts within us, the sinful character, the deceitfulness, the lack of righteousness.

Rather, we were simply born without Life, which means to me that in the eyes of God we were dead.
Yes, that's why the Spirit regenerates our spirit at salvation. The main purpose of the Cross was about conquering death, for forgiveness of sin was dealt with "before the foundation of the world." "And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:" John 3:14 This speaks of life over death. John 3:16 " For God so loved...have everlasting life.(not forgiveness). Forgiveness was already taken care of before the foundation of the world.

Eternal torment is a matter of fact for anyone for whom it is true. But my question would be to whom is it true? I don't really know the answer, but God certainly does.
It should be a matter of fact for all because God's Word says so. If we don't stand on that, then anything the Word says is fair game.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Amadeus: Eternal torment is a matter of fact for anyone for whom it is true. But my question would be to whom is it true? I don't really know the answer, but God certainly does.

perrero: It should be a matter of fact for all because God's Word says so. If we don't stand on that, then anything the Word says is fair game.

What a person reads in the Bible is already fair game to anyone whose heart is not open to the Holy Spirit. For this reason we have the thousands of denominations based on the Bible which on some points completely contradict one another. You call the Bible the Word, and in a sense you are correct, but it is dead without being quickened by the Holy Spirit in a person. The unopened Book on a shelf is not alive, but the potential is there as it is for any person.

Reactions: perrero
Aug 15, 2017
Queensland/Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If you enjoyed that, you may want to check out my other Teachings.
Definitely will. Thanks for the links. Yes I have been here either two or three weeks, came upon this site by accident. It is great. Good way to share the Truth of the Gospel. God Bless, keep up the good work.
A Workman Worthy of His Meat

workman.jpg
And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give. Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, Nor scrip for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves: for the workman is worthy of his meat.
Matthew 10:7-10 (KJV)

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Doctrine and gospel is synonymous.

Hey there :)

I do not see or believe that. "Doctrine" can kill the anointing dead.
Doctrine can be taken and made legalism.
The Gospel is THE GOOD NEWS...The Gospel is liberating and freeing!!

I have seen more people saved by hearing that Jesus died and set them free...than what some people call the gospel...which usually comes with
condemnation about their sins. I believe it is God's Holy Spirit who convicts of sin...THE GOOD NEWS is "YOU ARE FREE," but you are still sitting in a prison with the Door wide open!!

Just saying.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2017
Queensland/Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
excellent Post 14 "jun2u"
However the Bible also says [Jesus speaking:] The reason I speak to them in parables is that ‘seeing they do not perceive, and hearing they do not listen, nor do they understand.’ With them indeed is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah that says: ‘You will indeed listen, but never understand, and you will indeed look, but never perceive. For this people’s heart has grown dull, and their ears are hard of hearing, and they have shut their eyes; so that they might not look with their eyes, and listen with their ears, and understand with their heart and turn—and I would heal them.’" Matthew 13:13–15, NRSV
I have no problem believing and knowing that Jesus did speak in parables.

So can you please interpret this verse for me please. Cheers.
Did the disciples believe because of His deity?

Or the parable that he spoke? because obviously the guests would not have understood it.
Or Did they believe Him because of the miracle?.

John 2:11, This beginning of signs Jesus did in Cana of Galilee, and manifested His glory; and His disciples believed in Him.

Yes totally he manifested his deity.

So what does this part of he Scripture mean "His disciples believed in Him."
Why did they believe in Him? Its this Jesus speaking in parables
Or was it because of his revealed deity.
Did he perform the miracle

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Woman On A Mission,

Did the disciples believe because of His deity?
Or did they believe him because of the miracle?

Both are true. The answer lies in John 1:19-51. Although there are spiritual significant elements in these verses they are self-explanatory.

I hope this helps.

To God Be The Glory

Aug 15, 2017
Queensland/Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Eternal torment is not a matter of opinion in God's Word, it is a matter of fact.
"perrero" - Yes love that

Both are true. The answer lies in John 1:19-51. Although there are spiritual significant elements in these verses they are self-explanatory.
Thanks "Jun2u,
I asked these two questions talking about the wedding at Cana
1: Did the disciples believe because of His deity?
2:Or did they believe him because of the miracle?

In another place I replied to a post that was written, "where are the Scriptures to back up". I replied using John 2:11 This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested His glory. And his disciples believed in him. )

You wrote (see quote 14) something in the lines of "depends how one interprets the scripture or something along those lines. Which I did look up.

The place I was quoting from was "The Marriage at Cana.
1: Did the disciples believe because of His deity?
2:Or did they believe him because of the miracle?

I am familiar with John 1. Where John the Baptist proclaims Jesus is the The Lamb of God, The two disciples who heard John say "Behold the Lamb of God, and they followed Jesus. I do know that one of them was Andrew, who went and told his brother Simon Peter. The manifestation of the Holy Spirit in the form of a dove, the voice of God from heaven. According to those Scriptures these disciples had already witnessed the deity of Christ the day before the wedding in Cana John 2:1, On the third day there was a wedding at Cana in Galilee,.....1:43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee,

So although John 1:19-51, Talks about the manifestation and the eye witness, and hearing John witness to Jesus deity as the Son of God. Andrew and the other disciple went and told Simon Peter "we have seen the Messiah" They went to the place where Jesus abode and Jesus , called Philip to follow him. Andrew and the other disciple had witnessed Jesus at the baptism, Peter, Philip and Nathanael hadn't. So at the wedding 2 John 11, Peter, Philip and Nathanael would have witnessed Jesus Deity and they all would have witnessed the miracle of the water to wine. 2:11 This, the first of his signs, Jesus did at Cana in Galilee, and manifested is glory. And his disciples believed in him. )

John 1:19, And this is the record of John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him, Who art thou? 20 And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am not the Christ. 21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. 22 Then said they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? 23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the prophet Esaias. 24 And they which were sent were of the Pharisees. 25 And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet? 26 John answered them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not; 27 He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me, whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose. 28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing. 29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. 30 This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. 31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. 32 And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. 33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. 34 And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God. 35 Again the next day after John stood, and two of his disciples; 36 And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God! 37 And the two disciples heard him speak, and they followed Jesus. 38 Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto him, Rabbi, (which is to say, being interpreted, Master,) where dwellest thou? 39 He saith unto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth hour. 40 One of the two which heard John speak, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peter's brother. 41 He first findeth his own brother Simon, and saith unto him, We have found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ. 42 And he brought him to Jesus. And when Jesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the son of Jona: thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, A stone. 43 The day following Jesus would go forth into Galilee, and findeth Philip, and saith unto him, Follow me. 44 Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the city of Andrew and Peter. 45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph. 46 And Nathanael said unto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith unto him, Come and see. 47 Jesus saw Nathanael coming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile! 48 Nathanael saith unto him, Whence knowest thou me? Jesus answered and said unto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast under the fig tree, I saw thee. 49 Nathanael answered and saith unto him, Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. 50 Jesus answered and said unto him, Because I said unto thee, I saw thee under the fig tree, believest thou? thou shalt see greater things than these. 51 And he saith unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Hereafter ye shall see heaven open, and the angels of God ascending and descending upon the Son of man.
So Thanks Jun2u for your response. Blessed Of God.
<<

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is getting all sideways again.....In human ( Spirit filled ) hands........yes !....... Are we one yet........NO !
Anyway BOL, we don't seem to have anything much to add to one another, and when we're not adding to our faith, love, patience etc. we're taking away from it. so I will bow out.....I wish you all the best, and perhaps we'll see each other at the Marriage Supper of the Lamb........
Yes, we ARE one.
If you're not ONE with Christ's ONE Church - then you're NOT part of it.

That's been my point all along.
Tens of thousands of perpetually splintering sects who have divorced themselves from that ONE Church and their millions of Lone Ranger believers are NOT "One" . . .

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
believers are NOT "One" . .
This is where what you claim differs from what Jesus said to me, so I cannot and should not dis-believe Him.
You assume all believers in Him, who do not belong to a catholic church somewhere, are what? Lost? Without hope ?
You are taking on things ( many I've seen so far are in direct opposition to Christ) upon yourself, which cannot be a call from above, so I can see no further use in this what so ever.
No need to reply. You make it very clear where you stand.... I just can't stand there with you !

Reactions: Helen

perrero

Aug 6, 2010
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You assume all believers in Him, who do not belong to a catholic church somewhere, are what? Lost? Without hope ?
That's exactly what BoL believes. He just hides it by saying that he doesn't know about those out there if they are saved or not, only God does. He doesn't believe that the Holy Spirit can bring millions of people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ outside of the Catholic cult, because he thinks that the Catholic Church is the actual Body of Christ with all its members. There are so many dangerous doctrines of this cult that has kept people in darkness that God had to, through His Spirit, speak and enlighten (ex. Luther) in order to revive buried truths or counter erroneous traditions and beliefs propagated by this cult.
Having said that, I know that there are many real "born again" Christians within the C church that are part of the global Body of Christ. They hold this position, not because they were sprinkle with water at birth, but because they made a will and intelligent confession of their sins before God, repented and began to follow Jesus in obedience. In doing so the Spirit baptized them into the Body of Christ which cannot be numbered or identified as any one religion.
I am also aware that in every religion there are those that are not saved who still hold to their religion, traditions and their good works to eventually save them, which is also what the C church believes.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's been my point all along.
Tens of thousands of perpetually splintering sects who have divorced themselves from that ONE Church and their millions of Lone Ranger believers are NOT "One" . . .
Thats just it is it not, they have like you divorced your self from His "ecclesia" His gathering of people" to be joined to your church the harlot one, the institution.

I guess you did miss this part

1Co 6:16 What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.

That mens religions and institutions, the one your religion in the mother of.

This bit is for those who belong to Christ

1Co 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

You went and joined your church and became a catholic, we went to Christ became joined to Him and became Chritians, His bride,.

Reactions: bbyrd009

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is where what you claim differs from what Jesus said to me, so I cannot and should not dis-believe Him.
You are taking on things ( many I've seen so far are in direct opposition to Christ) upon yourself, which cannot be a call from above, so I can see no further use in this what so ever.
No need to reply. You make it very clear where you stand.... I just can't stand there with you !
Fair enough - but don't make the mistake in thinking that Jesus "approves" of the tens of thousands of perpetually splintering sects who have divorced themselves from that ONE Church and their millions of Lone Ranger believers.

Jesus prayed fervently for the unity of His Church - they they remain ONE as He and the Father are ONE.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's exactly what BoL believes. He just hides it by saying that he doesn't know about those out there if they are saved or not, only God does. He doesn't believe that the Holy Spirit can bring millions of people to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ outside of the Catholic cult, because he thinks that the Catholic Church is the actual Body of Christ with all its members. There are so many dangerous doctrines of this cult that has kept people in darkness that God had to, through His Spirit, speak and enlighten (ex. Luther) in order to revive buried truths or counter erroneous traditions and beliefs propagated by this cult.
Having said that, I know that there are many real "born again" Christians within the C church that are part of the global Body of Christ. They hold this position, not because they were sprinkle with water at birth, but because they made a will and intelligent confession of their sins before God, repented and began to follow Jesus in obedience. In doing so the Spirit baptized them into the Body of Christ which cannot be numbered or identified as any one religion.
I am also aware that in every religion there are those that are not saved who still hold to their religion, traditions and their good works to eventually save them, which is also what the C church believes.
Don't you ever tire of being wrong, Perrero??
Allow me to educate you . . .

First of all - you're WRONG when you say that I believe that ALL non-Catholics are "lost". This is a lie of your own invention because this is neither what I believe - NOR what the Church teaches.

I believe what Jesus taught and what His Church has ALWAYS taught.
John 39:41
Jesus said: It is for judgement that I have come into this world, so that those without sight may see and those with sight may become blind.
Hearing this, some Pharisees who were present said to him, 'So we are blind, are we?'
Jesus replied: If you were blind, you would not be guilty, but since you say, 'We can see,' your guilt remains.

John 15:22
If I had not come and spoken to them, they would have no sin; but as it is they have no excuse for their sin.

Catechism of the Catholic Church
846 How are we to understand this affirmation, often repeated by the Church Fathers?335 Re-formulated positively, it means that all salvation comes from Christ the Head through the Church which is his Body:

Basing itself on Scripture and Tradition, the Council teaches that the Church, a pilgrim now on earth, is necessary for salvation: the one Christ is the mediator and the way of salvation; he is present to us in his body which is the Church. He himself explicitly asserted the necessity of faith and Baptism, and thereby affirmed at the same time the necessity of the Church which men enter through Baptism as through a door. Hence they could not be saved who, knowing that the Catholic Church was founded as necessary by God through Christ, would refuse either to enter it or to remain in it.336

847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church:

Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.337

YOU don't fit that description because YOU have been told and you still reject Him.