Why would the devil attack someone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

paul1234

Jan 20, 2011
england
Why would the devil attack someone lets say to stop that person from getting on with there life and lets say this person has had 7 visions from god and he is protected by god,and why would the devil leave other people alone I WOULD LOVE TO NO thanks you

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Let's look at the Devil's situation:

He's lost hisstatus as top Angel and he blames it on Adam, so in his mind Adam's line must suffer. Satan thinks that if he is dammed then man might as well be dammed with him, he would do this rather than repent because he is proud and spiteful.

Since the Devil is a spirit, he isn't solid in this world so he can't hurt humans physically but he does his best to give them misery where ever he can. He will do anything to lead a person away from God and the closer they are to God, the greater his satisfaction is when they are lead astray. I think the holier a person is, the more he wants to turn them away from God and the bigger the victory it is for him.

Look at what he tried to do with Job for example. He wanted Job to crack under the tests that God gave him and eventually turn against God.

The devil is also very subtle and sneaky, he doesn't go around with horns and cloven hoffs, stomping about and scaring people to death. He wispers in your ear and burrow's himself right down in your subconsious and feeds you negative thoughts to make you miserable and cloud your mind, making it harder for you to see God.

Has anyone read; "the Screwtape Letters," by C.S. Lewis. I would highley reccommend it.

paul1234

Jan 20, 2011
england
Let's look at the Devil's situation:

He's lost hisstatus as top Angel and he blames it on Adam, so in his mind Adam's line must suffer. Satan thinks that if he is dammed then man might as well be dammed with him, he would do this rather than repent because he is proud and spiteful.

Since the Devil is a spirit, he isn't solid in this world so he can't hurt humans physically but he does his best to give them misery where ever he can. He will do anything to lead a person away from God and the closer they are to God, the greater his satisfaction is when they are lead astray. I think the holier a person is, the more he wants to turn them away from God and the bigger the victory it is for him.

Look at what he tried to do with Job for example. He wanted Job to crack under the tests that God gave him and eventually turn against God.

The devil is also very subtle and sneaky, he doesn't go around with horns and cloven hoffs, stomping about and scaring people to death. He wispers in your ear and burrow's himself right down in your subconsious and feeds you negative thoughts to make you miserable and cloud your mind, making it harder for you to see God.

Has anyone read; "the Screwtape Letters," by C.S. Lewis. I would highley reccommend it.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Why would the devil attack someone lets say to stop that person from getting on with there life and lets say this person has had 7 visions from god and he is protected by god,and why would the devil leave other people alone I WOULD LOVE TO NO thanks you

Easy. Someone involved with God is someone Satan wants to destroy.

Those that aren't involved with God are already condemned, there's no reason for him to bother with them.

The wonderful thing about this is though, Satan will never get what he wants.

God sees his people through, Christ is the guarantee of the faith and God will see that person through unto the end. God might let Satan take your physical life- but he won't let him take your soul. I am speaking about the true Christians, not the pretend ones.

Look at Job. Satan wanted to sift him- he had to ask God to do it. God wasn't going to let him harm Job.
Elsewhere we know that demons can physically harm people, so we can deduce God will let them physically harm and/or take the life of one of his people, but I don't ever see a situation in which God will ever let Satan take one of his children.

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
Satan can't do anthing without God's permission. Though he is against God, he can still do his will .

If God din't want Job to be tested then it would have ended therefor the Devil Job would have been a real prize.

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
That's who the Lord told us he is helmet... he attacked Jesus... he's the father of lies... he's a murderer... he was the tempting voice in the garden... he's the anti-christ... he's anti-salvation... he's the accuser... this is what he uses his free will for... to rebel against God... and because God loves you... satan hates you...

Hope this blesses...