• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
-
Why do you sin, confess, repent.....repeat. ????

See that?

Why does that happen ??
Because : "The Law is the power of sin".

What is the law?
Its not just Moses writings... Its more specific...its everything that you believe is a sin, that you are trying not to do.
So, when that is your religion, as that is not CHRISTianity, then you are trying to exist in your religion that is to try to perform for God so that He'll keep you, or even take you to begin with...
As long as you do that, as long as that is your Carnal MIND of the FLESH.....then the dominion of the law will empower your sin consciousness and your flesh to sin more.
Thats a fact.

Look at this verse....
= "Christ came to deliver us from the CURSE of the Law"., and most believers are living inside the curse, in their own head, trying to do this, and not do that, to try to please God, and STAY SAVED.
See that? That is RELIGION< tied to the Law, that is not Salvation.
Its a work of your FLESH. (carnal mind), to believe that way.

See that?....and that means that those people who are under that curse are trying to be good enough for God to accept and keep.
This is why they are sinning and confessing and can't stop.
Reader, you can't be good enough for God to take you to begin with, or keep you... As He can only accept you and keep you, based on Jesus, and the finished work Jesus did for you, on the Cross.

Jesus did it, and we get it. " = The GIFT of Salvation".
You take Christ and GOD TAKES YOU. = Forever. "ETERNAL LIFE"... "eternal Forgiveness".

The Religious but lost....or believers who are deceived.....both have in their own heart and mind a LAW, many, and they are trying to keep them to "keep fellowship with God" and "Stay saved".
And that is why the curse of the law, their own, keeps them out of the revelation knowledge of God's Grace, and in bondage to their self righteousness.
See, until you place all your Trust in Christ to get you to heaven and keep you CLEAN, forgiven, .. then you are trying to do it, and that is Bondage to Self RIGHTEOUSNESS, = you are in bondage to your own SELF Righteousness......
That is broken faith..>Its dead faith, it means you are "fallen from Grace", if my words are speaking to you and you are born again.

"self Righteousness"..= Trying to make SELF....RIGHT with God. = is the enemy of the Cross.

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hahahaha that's funny...:D
Even Jesus was tempted by the devil...
Anyone who claims to be free of temptation is claiming to be higher than Christ and are kidding themselves... This is pride of the highest order... Satan's favourite sin...

Such people seem to forget that thoughts and feelings are also sins, hate, envy, pride, anger, lust. Your a liar of you say you never have such feelings cos every human does

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
"So I find this law at work. Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me"
Romans 7:21

One must be ignore many passages like this and have extreme pride to put themselves above Christ and claim they are free from temptation

Spiritual warfare is well documented and real, and if you think your exempt from it than you are being deceived by the evil one

The greatest deception Satan has is that he doesn't exist (in our lives)

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
"So I find this law at work. Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me"
Romans 7:21

Ok, and is that all Paul wrote?
Its not is it?
So, that is Paul struggling with the law, and later in Philippians 3, he gets out of that Struggle.
In 1 Corinthians 15:57, he is delivered from that bondage, and says..."Christ always gives us/me the Victory".

I teach how to have that., same as Paul.

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Temptation is not Sin.
Try to figure out why., Cristo Rio., and then you might be able to understand why "Christ was Tempted, YET< without sin."
¶ Therefore, since we have a great high priest who has gone to heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us live our lives consistent with [Lit. us hold tightly to] our confession of faith. [The Heb. lacks of faith]
Heb 4:15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses. Instead, we have one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet he never sinned.

We have not an high priest who cannot, etc.
Whatever may be thought to the contrary; whatever contrary conclusion may be drawn from the character of the Levitical priests, or from Christ's exalted dignity and purity.
Touched with the feeling (συνπαθῆσαι)
Only here and Heb_10:34. This is more than knowledge of human infirmity. It is feeling it by reason of a common experience with (σύν) men.
Infirmities (ἀσθενείαις)
Not sufferings, but weaknesses, moral and physical, which predispose to sin and facilitate it.
Like as we are (καθ' ὁμοιότητα)
Lit. according to likeness. Ἡμῶν of us or our is to be understood, or, as some, ἡμῖν, according to his likeness to us.
Without sin (χωρὶς ἁμαρτίας)
This, of course, implies that he was not led into sin by temptation, and also that no temptation aroused in him sin already present and dormant. It is not meant that temptation arising from sin external to himself was not applied to him.
Vincent.

J.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
most believers are living inside the curse, in their own head, trying to do this, and not do that, to try to please God, and STAY SAVED.

"self Righteousness"..= Trying to make SELF....RIGHT with God. = is the enemy of the Cross.

So Paul must have been “self righteous” and an enemy of the cross by your standards:

“But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.” (1 Corinthians 9:27)

Reactions: Wynona

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here are the true enemies according to the Bible:

“(For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ: Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)” (Philippians 3:18-19)

Reactions: Wynona

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahahaha that's funny...:D
Even Jesus was tempted by the devil...
Anyone who claims to be free of temptation is claiming to be higher than Christ and are kidding themselves... This is pride of the highest order... Satan's favourite sin...

Such people seem to forget that thoughts and feelings are also sins, hate, envy, pride, anger, lust. Your a liar of you say you never have such feelings cos every human does

Our mistake is always towards trying to finish in our own strength what was begun by the Spirit. We struggle against an unbelief that God can or will free us from our flesh controlling us. We see so few men who have had their flesh put under their feet that we assume God cannot or will not free us from it in this life. All around us, we see believers (and ourselves) in a stupendous disorder of the flesh and emotions ruling them and us and so we think it is either impossible or that God is unwilling to put this enemy under us in this life.
We have three enemies - the world, the flesh and the devil. They all work in concert to keep us from depending on God and trusting that He can win the battle.

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
-
Why do you sin, confess, repent.....repeat. ????

BINGO...!!!
...Because the Catholics take credit, I will give them credit for perpetuating Continual Sin “according to the Law”, Continual Sin atonement necessary “according to the Law”, Continual need for an Advocate “according to the Law” (and the corrupt expansion thereof heaped upon Mary as an Advocate)...

Jesus’ Teachings were expressly ABOUT reconciliation of particular MEN (Jews) having become LOST from exercising obedience to “their Laws”, the difficultly of men to KEEP in Obedience to their Mosaic/Jewish LAWS, and
TA DA....A REMEDY!

* Obviously, TIME a factor. Jesus selecting and Teaching a handful of JEWISH men, Jesus’ REMEDY.
* Obviously, TIME a factor. The handful of JEWISH men, traveling about Teaching other JEWS (first), thereafter other TRIBESMEN.
* Obviously, Pharisees, Sanhedrin, “power sitters” threatened, and the Political climate of Gentile Romans Law superseding all Jewish Laws.
* And thereafter, A SINGLE chosen, UNIQUE man (a Pharisee, steeped in Jewish Law, a Jew by natural birth, AND a Roman citizen by natural birth), Also selected by Jesus, taught Jesus’ REMEDY, and appointed to Teach, primarily Gentiles, kings, and any Jews, of Jesus’ REMEDY.

JESUS’ REMEDY?
His fulfillment of Mosaic/Jewish Law.
His offering of His BLOOD, once for Forgiveness OF ALL SIN against God.
His offering of His BODY, once for the Price required to be PAID, “BEFORE” Forgiveness, Salvation of ones soul, and Quickening of ones spirit COULD BE GIVEN, “BEFORE” ones physically bodily death.

A LIVING MANS OFFERING of JESUS’ REMEDY, perpetuated and acceptable BY God Himself!

AN OFFERING is ONLY a portion of the equation...Gods works.
Every individual man can ACCEPT and TAKE the offering...
OR
Reject the Offering....mans “service”.

Wait...what is a mans “works”? A mans “works” IS to HEAR the Remedy Offered, Know what the Offering means....
AND TRUST TO “BELIEVE” the remedy and offering...ie mans “works”.

Any man ACCEPTING the Offering...ie a mans “service”.

SO...IF and WHEN, any individual Hears & BELIEVES the offering...
The man has accomplished “works”.
His “works” can remain steadfast, or be abandoned, and worthless.

SO...IF and WHEN, any individual Hears & BELIEVES the offering...
“AND” Heartfully ACCEPTS the Offering....A duly irrevocable once and forever ‘CONTRACT” is established, Between that ONE man and the Lord God Almighty.

ARE YOU LISTENING? A contract BETWEEN who and who?
Every man on the planet? No! ONE man and the Lord God Almighty.

So What does that ONE contract have to do with ANY OTHER MAN?
NOTHING.

So WHEN one man has Agreed to the Contract...which EXPRESSLY relieves that man of PAST SINS against the Lord God Almighty, (Via HIS Forgiveness) and FURTHER PREVENTS FUTURE SIN against the Lord God Almighty...what does that have to do with ANY OTHER man?
NOTHING.

WHAT are a mans PAST SINS AGAINST “GOD”?
* IF you are a Jew UNDER the LAW, your past SINS are violation of ANY Mosaic/Jewish Law. IF you are still Under the Law, it’s continued violations of a Laws, would be your sins.
* IF you are a GENTILE not UNDER Mosaic LAW....
WHAT WERE YOUR PAST SINS AGAINST?

* Were you released from being Under the Law? No.
* So, what are your SINS? And AGAINST whom?
...praying on Tuesday instead of Saturday?
...kicking the dog?
...eating too much?
...disagreeing with a neighbor?
...telling a lie?
...stealing from an employer?
...cheating in a game of checkers?
OR...
...1) being naturally conceived and born IN sin?
...2) being naturally alive and NOT Believing IN the Lord God?
YES!
AND WHO ARE YOU AGAINST? God.
AND WHAT IS BEING AGAINST God? A sin.
AND WHO CAN FORGIVE SIN AGAINST Him? God.

So WHY are men confessing to God, they committed a sin of stealing from their employer? Does that make the employer feel better? Feel relieved? Allow him to forgive? Allow the thief to make amends?

Did God give express teaching of behaviors among and between men?
Did God give express teaching of MEN to FORGIVE MEN OF TRESPASSES Against them?
Is God IGNORANT and not KNOW “IF” men forgive each other of TRESPASSES men commit against men?

Why DID the JEWS want to KILL JESUS?
Some ya, because He threatened their “uppity status”.
BUT really, the big point WHY did the JEWS want JESUS KILLED?
* BECAUSE JESUS FORGAVE MEN of their SIN of having HAD disbelief IN GOD.

* HOW IS IT...6,000 years after the first man...MEN today DO NOT KNOW, SIN IS AGAINST GOD, and ONLY GOD CAN FORGIVE SIN?

* HOW IS IT...2,000 years since Jesus arrived on Earth, MEN today DO NOT KNOW, A mans SIN, IS: NOT BELIEVING IN the Lord God?

* HOW IS IT...men do NOT KNOW MAN against God is SIN...and
MAN against MAN is TRESPASSING.
* ONLY God forgives SIN.
* Men forgive Trespassing.

* HOW IS IT...men DO NOT KNOW? Thank you historical Catholic Church and other man-made churches that follow established man-made Gentiles mens Doctrine calling themselves “catholic”...

* REALLY? Oh, cleric, forgive me, I just cheated on my spouse. Oh, okay, go say 10 hail Mary’s and you will be forgiven...HUH?
* REALLY? Well gee, I’m sure the spouse is feeling relief, pff.
What a load.

* Man up. Learn the Truth in Gods Word. Agree to Gods required “works” of Belief and Agree to Gods require “service” of Heartful Confessed Belief In the Lord God......or Reject it and IT’S Gifts and Blessings and Permanency.
* Man up. Take care of your OWN Trespasses, intentional or by happenstance, WITH the one harmed by your Trespass.

Stop pretending GODS SIN Forgiveness IS superficial, inadequate, temporary, dependent on your behavior among men.

Stop pretending MEN sin AGAINST men, and men forgive men of SIN, and yipes the whining of demanding a man FORGIVE you of SIN.

Reactions: Alfredthefifth

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The blood of does wash away our sin. But we have grace to overcome sin as well.

Romans 12:21
New King James Version

21 Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

We don't have to keep repeating sin every day. We can take our thoughts captive for Christ and not be enslaved to sin as Scripture commands us.

Jesus said, Go and sin no more. The Bible tells us over and over again not to sin, to depart from iniquity, and that if we sin we are none of Christ's.

So what do we do? Each day, moment by moment, we rely on the present grace to overcome the present temptation.

I do not believe that sin is this constant condition that believers must accept. Jesus didn't die to leave us enslaved to sin. He loves us and so He wants us to stop. And He will empower us to do so moment by moment when we fully surrender to Him.

Reactions: stunnedbygrace