Will Fornicators Inherit God’s Kingdom?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
1 Corinthians 6:9, 10 NASB
“Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.”

Sexual relations outside of marriage is commonplace. How many think that practicing fornication will prevent a person from inheriting the Kingdom?

If you had a son or daughter who chose to live with someone though not married, how would you handle the situation? If you acted like nothing was wrong, would you be condoning their choice, a choice that could cost them their eternal future? Would that be showing real love?

Bible tells us that fornicators will not inherit the kingdom but nor will any other sinful way in us....In actual fact those who do such things, the bible says, that they have a reservation in the 2D.

Revelation 21
8 But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Reactions: Phoneman777

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not see that the vows are what constitutes marrage, but the cleaving together as in Gen 2:24.

Or does God differ to the civil authorities for who is married to whom?
That's a good question. Seems to me no secular authority ought to intrude on the business of God and His ordained institution which was established well before the advent of any civil authority...all the way back in Eden.

Reactions: Angelina

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just remember what Jesus said in Matthew 19:25-26

When His disciples heard it, they were greatly astonished, saying, “Who then can be saved?”

26 But Jesus looked at them and said to them, “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 6:9, 10 NASB
“Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.”

Sexual relations outside of marriage is commonplace. How many think that practicing fornication will prevent a person from inheriting the Kingdom?

If you had a son or daughter who chose to live with someone though not married, how would you handle the situation? If you acted like nothing was wrong, would you be condoning their choice, a choice that could cost them their eternal future? Would that be showing real love?
Maybe if you would finish the scripture with context, you'd have your answer.
KJV 1 Cor.6
[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
[11]
And such  WERE some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Do you know the difference between being made "sin-less", as opossed to becoming "sin-free"? The latter is an impossibility in this world.

Reactions: Jim B

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Maybe if you would finish the scripture with context, you'd have your answer.
KJV 1 Cor.6
[9] Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
[10] Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
[11]
And such  WERE some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

Do you know the difference between being made "sin-less", as opossed to becoming "sin-free"? The latter is an impossibility in this world.
Fornication is sexual relations with another without them being married.
Since there is no formal tie, they could separate and go on to sex with someone else, ad-nauseum and very many people do that.
I tend to think fornicators are those who have multiple sexual partners when unmarried and commit adultery when married when they engage in sex outside of the marriage.

But if they are committed to each other and stay together, then they are married, and they also need to formally sanctify the relationship to their church as a witness to all the congregation as godly examples and get married officially. They must also in the eyes of God, since He sees them as a couple, remain together, and follow all the marriage obligations in the NC. Otherwise, reject them, remove them from the church, if they will not repent, Gods says they are evil persons.

1 Corinthians 7
36 But if any man thinks he is behaving improperly toward his [d]virgin, if she is past the flower of youth, and thus it must be, let him do what he wishes. He does not sin; let them marry.

Just because someone says they believe in Christ, does not mean they are born again as His people.
People have to bear good fruit to God (demonstrate fruits of the Spirit in their life) or they are not saved, their relationship is just fake news.
Which Christ are they believing and following?
Maybe a false Christ?

Matthew 24
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you.
5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

Matthew 3
9 and do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 10 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit [a]and fire.

God knows those who are His,
2 Timothy 2:19, ESV: But God’s firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”

When there is no repentance from doing evil, there is no godly induced sorrow and I question someone's claim of salvation.
We are NOT to have anything to do with those kinds of people, who scripture calls evil

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

1 Corinthians 5

Immorality Must Be Judged​

9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to [f]keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?
13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fornication is sexual relations with another without them being married.
Since there is no formal tie, they could separate and go on to sex with someone else, ad-nauseum and very many people do that.
I tend to think fornicators are those who have multiple sexual partners when unmarried and commit adultery when married when they engage in sex outside of the marriage.

But if they are committed to each other and stay together, then they are married, and they also need to formally sanctify the relationship to their church as a witness to all the congregation as godly examples and get married officially. They must also in the eyes of God, since He sees them as a couple, remain together, and follow all the marriage obligations in the NC. Otherwise, reject them, remove them from the church, if they will not repent, Gods says they are evil persons.

1 Corinthians 7
36 But if any man thinks he is behaving improperly toward his [d]virgin, if she is past the flower of youth, and thus it must be, let him do what he wishes. He does not sin; let them marry.

Just because someone says they believe in Christ, does not mean they are born again as His people.
People have to bear good fruit to God (demonstrate fruits of the Spirit in their life) or they are not saved, their relationship is just fake news.
Which Christ are they believing and following?
Maybe a false Christ?

Matthew 24
4 And Jesus answered and said to them: “Take heed that no one deceives you.
5 For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many.

Matthew 3
9 and do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 10 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit [a]and fire.

God knows those who are His,
2 Timothy 2:19, ESV: But God’s firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: “The Lord knows those who are his,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity.”

When there is no repentance from doing evil, there is no godly induced sorrow and I question someone's claim of salvation.
We are NOT to have anything to do with those kinds of people, who scripture calls evil

2 Corinthians 7:10
For godly sorrow produces repentance leading to salvation, not to be regretted; but the sorrow of the world produces death.

1 Corinthians 5

Immorality Must Be Judged​

9 I wrote to you in my epistle not to [f]keep company with sexually immoral people. 10 Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world. 11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside?
13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”
I hope that you, if married, did not divorce.
However, we all know that many do for the simplest of reasons, even Christians.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I hope that you, if married, did not divorce.
However, we all know that many do for the simplest of reasons, even Christians.
No divorce yet, married in 1981
According to scripture, you can separate but cannot remarry unless the former spouse dies.
1 Corinthians 7
10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.

39 A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

So you can argue about that with God all you want, your argument is not with me.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Wait a minute. If I am OSAS, will I not be forgiven immediately after I commit fornication and still be allowed in heaven?
There's an obvious problem between 1 Cor 6:9:10 and OSAS. Wonder how that problem will get solved?

I have seen some OSASers use 1 Cor 3:15 and try and use the text to prove the Christian who fornicates, his sinful work will be burned but he himself will be saved anyway in his sin of fornication as the link below indicates:

more:
Sam Morris, a Baptist preacher in Stamford, Texas : “We take the position that a Christian's sins do not damn his soul. The way a Christian lives, what he says, his character, his conduct, or his attitude toward other people have nothing whatever to do with the salvation of his soul... All the prayers a man may pray, all the Bibles he may read, all the churches he may belong to, all the services he may attend, all the sermons he may practice, all the debts he may pay, all the ordinances he may observe, all the laws he may keep, all the benevolent acts he may per-form will not make his soul one whit safer; and all the sins he may commit from idolatry to murder will not make his soul in any more danger... The way a man lives has nothing whatever to do with the salvation of his soul... The way I live has nothing whatsoever to do with the salvation of my soul" [Do a Christian’s Sins Damn His Soul?].

Bill Foster, Baptist preacher in Louisville, KY commented: "If I killed my wife and mother and debauched a thousand women, I couldn't go to hell -- in fact, I couldn't go to hell if I wanted to. If on the judgment day, I should find that my loved ones are lost and should lose all desire to be saved, and should beg God to send me to hell with them, He couldn't do it" (The Weekly Worker, March 12, 1959).

Others OSASers try and use 1 John 2:19 to claim if a Christian fornicates then that proves he was never really saved, they sometimes argue Judas was never really saved, as seen in the link below:

===========================

How can a Christian who fornicates be saved anyway per 1 Cor 3:15 according to some OSASers yet according to other OSASer his fonication proves he was never really saved per 1 Jn 2:19? How can a Christian who fornicates be AT THE SAME TIME saved anyway and not really saved?

Clearly OSASers have taken two verses out of context (1 Cor 3:15 and 1 Jn 2:19) twisted them both to a point they have created an obvious contradiction between these two verses.

Earburner

Feb 2, 2019
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No divorce yet, married in 1981
According to scripture, you can separate but cannot remarry unless the former spouse dies.
1 Corinthians 7
10 Now to the married I command, yet not I but the Lord: A wife is not to depart from her husband. 11 But even if she does depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband. And a husband is not to divorce his wife.

39 A wife is bound by law as long as her husband lives; but if her husband dies, she is at liberty to be married to whom she wishes, only in the Lord.

So you can argue about that with God all you want, your argument is not with me.
My point is, there is no argument.
Before God, all are exceedingly sin-ful.
Through faith in Christ, born again Christians are sin-less, and yet NONE are sin-free.

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not see that the vows are what constitutes marrage, but the cleaving together as in Gen 2:24.

Or does God differ to the civil authorities for who is married to whom?
You are assuming people are having sex with one person but that is not the case. People are having sex with many partners in marriage and outside of marriage.

If two people pledge each other under God but there is no certificate of marriage and stay only with each other until death then I don't think that is sexual immortality.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you had a son or daughter who chose to live with someone though not married, how would you handle the situation?

Just as the cost of a house or college education is becoming unaffordable for many.

The dollar cost of a wedding is likewise becoming unaffordable.

In past eras child mortality rates were higher. The risk of invasion from foreign nations was also higher. It was important for families to produce many children of high quality to ensure their survival.

Today circumstances are different. Threat of invasion is lower. Child mortality rates have declined. Its not as important for people to marry and produce many high quality children, as it was in ages past.

Given the lack of good guidance and parenting for children, its safe to say, many do not consider these types of priorities worthy goals to pursue. Which more or less defeats the point and purpose of marriage in the 1st place.

Last edited:

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Just as the cost of a house or college education is becoming unaffordable for many.

The dollar cost of a wedding is likewise becoming unaffordable.

In past eras child mortality rates were higher. The risk of invasion from foreign nations was also higher. It was important for families to produce many children of high quality to ensure their survival.

Today circumstances are different. Threat of invasion is lower. Child mortality rates have declined. Its not as important for people to marry and produce many high quality children, as it was in ages past.

Given the lack of good guidance and parenting for children, its safe to say, many do not consider these types of priorities worthy goals to pursue. Which more or less defeats the point and purpose of marriage in the 1st place.
Legal marriages can be performed cheaply by anyone authorized by the state to perform a marriage, and this is valid to God. They are then married.
If there was no one qualified by the state to officiate a marriage ceremony, man and woman can still be married together and it is valid to God. the state will consider this a common law marriage.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Common-law marriage, also known as non-ceremonial marriage,[1][2] sui iuris marriage, informal marriage, or marriage by habit and repute, is a legal framework where a couple may be considered married without having formally registered their relation as a civil or religious marriage.

The original concept of a "common-law marriage" is one considered valid by both partners, but not formally recorded with a state or religious registry, nor celebrated in a formal civil or religious service. In effect, the act of the couple representing themselves to others as being married and organizing their relation as if they were married, means they are married.

The term common-law marriage (or similar) has wider informal use, often to denote relations that are not legally recognized as marriages. It is often used colloquially or by the media to refer to cohabiting couples, regardless of any legal rights or religious implications involved. This can create confusion in regard to the term and to the legal rights of unmarried partners (in addition to the actual status of the couple referred to).[3]
---------------------------------------------------

However, they better actually live a married life and be pure in the eyes of God, or they are fornicators or adulterers, like if they sleep around and are unfaithful to the marriage as in having affairs

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Legal marriages can be performed cheaply by anyone authorized by the state to perform a marriage, and this is valid to God.

While it is true that many have small weddings.

In the modern era, it simply isn't as high a priority to build a stable structure for purposes of raising children. That goal isn't viewed as being aligned with prosperity, safety or security today. The way that it was in past eras.

Without that being a high priority, the entire point of marriage being emphasized as a social construct loses a significant portion of its value.

Which is a huge part of the divorce rate being as high as it is now. And also explains similar negative trends.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
While it is true that many have small weddings.

In the modern era, it simply isn't as high a priority to build a stable structure for purposes of raising children. That goal isn't viewed as being aligned with prosperity, safety or security today. The way that it was in past eras.

Without that being a high priority, the entire point of marriage being emphasized as a social construct loses a significant portion of its value.

Which is a huge part of the divorce rate being as high as it is now. And also explains similar negative trends.
Christians are not to conform their behavior to that of the world. Things the world does are much of the time, actually evil in the eyes of God.
Ephesians 5
1 Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma.

3 But fornication and all uncleanness or covetousness, let it not even be named among you, as is fitting for saints; 4 neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor coarse jesting, which are not fitting, but rather giving of thanks. 5 For [a]this you know, that no fornicator, unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, has any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and God.

6 Let no one deceive you with empty words, for because of these things the wrath of God comes upon the sons of disobedience.

7 Therefore do not be partakers with them.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My grandparents on my dad's side had a common-law marriage for the first 5 years of them being together, starting in 1930.
When my dad was 5, they officially got married. He found out about that after they both died.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are not to conform their behavior to that of the world.

Laws of the bible adjust and change to suit circumstances.

In eras when israelites invaded neighboring tribes, killed all the men. Claimed their women as spoils of war. The ratio of men to women became lopsided. This led to polygamy as there were significantly more women than men.

In later eras when israelites no longer were invaders, the ratio of men to women stabilized. This was when monogamy and marriage became the standard.

Likewise today, circumstances are different. The world has changed. It is not necessarily conforming to the way of the world. But rather adaptation. Or perhaps we can say that as it becomes more common for parents to abandon their own children by failing to offer them proper guidance or parenting. That parents in turn, abandon themselves.

Long story short, the world is changing. As it changes, the ideas and values people have and the way they perceive the world changes with it.

Trying to force old fashioned views on marriage and parenting on couples in the modern era, isn't necessarily the right approach. People appear to have forgotten the value of many traditional gender roles and ideas. Which they could rediscover over time.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Laws of the bible adjust and change to suit circumstances.

In eras when israelites invaded neighboring tribes, killed all the men. Claimed their women as spoils of war. The ratio of men to women became lopsided. This led to polygamy as there were significantly more women than men.

In later eras when israelites no longer were invaders, the ratio of men to women stabilized. This was when monogamy and marriage became the standard.

Likewise today, circumstances are different. The world has changed. It is not necessarily conforming to the way of the world. But rather adaptation. Or perhaps we can say that as it becomes more common for parents to abandon their own children by failing to offer them proper guidance or parenting. That parents in turn, abandon themselves.

Long story short, the world is changing. As it changes, the ideas and values people have and the way they perceive the world changes with it.

Trying to force old fashioned views on marriage and parenting on couples in the modern era, isn't necessarily the right approach. People appear to have forgotten the value of many traditional gender roles and ideas. Which they could rediscover over time.
The new covenant is timeless truths though. The end times is when the church departs from the faith en masse and that has been foretold.
The apostasy comes eventually of many in churches in the last days of the age. I think we have been seeing this for a while.
The warnings are written to believers for an understanding of what will occur, not for the world who does not care about Christ.
This must happen before the return of Christ.

1 Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him, we ask you, 2 not to be soon shaken in mind or troubled, either by spirit or by word or by letter, as if from us, as though the day of [a]Christ had come. 3 Let no one deceive you by any means; for that Day will not come unless the falling away comes first, and the man of [b]sin is revealed, the son of perdition, 4 who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God or that is worshiped, so that he sits [c]as God in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

5 Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? 6 And now you know what is restraining, that he may be revealed in his own time. 7 For the [d]mystery of lawlessness is already at work; only [e]He who now restrains will do so until He is taken out of the way. 8 And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord will consume with the breath of His mouth and destroy with the brightness of His coming. 9 The coming of the lawless one is according to the working of Satan, with all power, signs, and lying wonders, 10 and with all unrighteous deception among those who perish, because they did not receive the love of the truth, that they might be saved. 11 And for this reason God will send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie, 12 that they all may be condemned who did not believe the truth but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Space_Karen

Oct 1, 2022
west coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The new covenant is timeless truths though. The end times is when the church departs from the faith en masse and that has been foretold.

Jesus tells the Apostles He cannot teach them advanced things, when they do not know the basics.

I think the same precedent applies to the world as a whole. We cannot learn advanced Christianity, until we learn basic Christianity.

Little by little, through trial and error. People are learning the basics. When we learn them. Perhaps Jesus will return to give us advanced lessons.

In past eras people recognized the value of marriage. Then we took a wrong turn and forgot. In the future we might remember. Its all part of the learning process and hopefully we will all be better off for undergoing it.

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus tells the Apostles He cannot teach them advanced things, when they do not know the basics.

I think the same precedent applies to the world as a whole. We cannot learn advanced Christianity, until we learn basic Christianity.

Little by little, through trial and error. People are learning the basics. When we learn them. Perhaps Jesus will return to give us advanced lessons.

In past eras people recognized the value of marriage. Then we took a wrong turn and forgot. In the future we might remember. Its all part of the learning process and hopefully we will all be better off for undergoing it.
Jesus makes his second appearing in terrible times at the end of the great tribulation. there won't be many people of faith left alive, the beast world system of government is deadly to Christians and many other peoples. Christ is building His kingdom even now today, adding people into it daily. They are all of one flock, with Christ as the one shepherd.

Everyone needs to read the scriptures to gain an understanding of what God and Christ are all about here.
Hebrews 2
1 Therefore we must give [a]the more earnest heed to the things we have heard, lest we drift away. 2 For if the word spoken through angels proved steadfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just [b]reward, 3 how shall we escape if we neglect so great a salvation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed to us by those who heard Him, 4 God also bearing witness both with signs and wonders, with various miracles, and gifts[c] of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will?

The Son Made Lower than Angels​

5 For He has not put the world to come, of which we speak, in subjection to angels. 6 But one testified in a certain place, saying:

“What is man that You are mindful of him,
Or the son of man that You take care of him?
7 You have made him [d]a little lower than the angels;
You have crowned him with glory and honor,
[e]And set him over the works of Your hands.
8 You have put all things in subjection under his feet.”
For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him. 9 But we see Jesus, who was made [f]a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

Bringing Many Sons to Glory​

10 For it was fitting for Him, for whom are all things and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons to glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings. 11 For both He who [g]sanctifies and those who are being sanctified are all of one, for which reason He is not ashamed to call them brethren, 12 saying:

“I will declare Your name to My brethren;
In the midst of the assembly I will sing praise to You.”
13 And again:

“I will put My trust in Him.”
And again:

“Here am I and the children whom God has given Me.”
14 Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, 15 and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage. 16 For indeed He does not [h]give aid to angels, but He does [i]give aid to the seed of Abraham. 17 Therefore, in all things He had to be made like His brethren, that He might be a merciful and faithful High Priest in things pertaining to God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. 18 For in that He Himself has suffered, being [j]tempted, He is able to aid those who are tempted.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The primary subjective driver of God's Kingdom is what happens in a persons mind/heart; who in reality their allegiance is fixed on.
This is not solely about a cognitive interest. A cognitive interest alone fools the participant. Proverbs 18:2 describes this '“Fools have no interest in understanding; they only want to air their own opinions.

When Jesus uses the term 'born again' he is referencing a change of heart, a switch of allegiance; a switch which initiates a whole new thinking/seeing process.

Sin is a sabotaging phenomena.

When Paul says, “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals, nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.” he is stating a fact not making a threat to those who choose the sabotaging route.

Reactions: thelord's_pearl