Will we feel pain in the millennium?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So as I understand we will live on a partially restored earth with our new bodies during the millennium of Christ. With our new spiritual or metaphysical bodies will we feel pain? I know in the new earth there will be no pain or death but on the partially restored earth it seems like we would still need to feel pain. What say you?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So as I understand we will live on a partially restored earth with our new bodies during the millennium of Christ. With our new spiritual or metaphysical bodies will we feel pain? I know in the new earth there will be no pain or death but on the partially restored earth it seems like we would still need to feel pain. What say you?
Wet your finger and hold it up.

What do the scriptures say, has all authority in heaven and earth been given to Jesus? When was that? So--yes or no, does He now reign? And if He does--biblically...what time is it?
Now then, do you feel pain?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wet your finger and hold it up.

What do the scriptures say, has all authority in heaven and earth been given to Jesus? When was that? So--yes or no, does He now reign? And if He does--biblically...what time is it?
Now then, do you feel pain?
That’s all I feel. So you think this is the millennial reign of Christ? I am so disappointed if that is the case. Sure seems like the devil is ruling this world at the moment.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That’s all I feel. So you think this is the millennial reign of Christ? I am so disappointed if that is the case. Sure seems like the devil is ruling this world at the moment.
Yes, of course this is the time of Christ's reign--all power in heaven and earth has long since been given to Him. But don't misunderstand, there is no need to be disappointed.

First, Jesus said His return would be "not when you expect", but as Paul explained: "but each one in his own order." Combined that with us reigning with Him "as Priests and Kings" and the church becoming "His body" after He laid it down. Put it all together...and...Christ not only came "quickly" as He said would be the case about all that "must shortly come to pass"--but He began entering into His church members when each person opened the door when He knock, starting at Pentecost. This is His returning in the flesh, in His body.

Then, just as Peter indicated that a thousand years is not a specific time per se, but rather simply refers to "the fulness of time" (as in the time of the gentiles), much as God does not literally "own the cattle on a thousand" hills", but rather owns them all. Thus, Jesus' referring to theses times rather as "until the times of the gentiles is fulfilled." Meaning, one thousand years, two, whatever it takes to fulfill the times of the gentiles--wherein He is building His church one person at a time, as Paul explained, "but each one in his own order." All of which makes the common belief of a one-time mass event of Christ's return at the end of the world, the "lie" that has brought "strong delusion" and "great apostacy" because, as both Peter and Paul foretold, "false teachers entered into the church and deceived many", just as it is written.

But, not to worry, His church is nonetheless intact and well established. Everything is well in hand.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, of course this is the time of Christ's reign--all power in heaven and earth has long since been given to Him. But don't misunderstand, there is no need to be disappointed.

First, Jesus said His return would be "not when you expect", but as Paul explained: "but each one in his own order." Combined that with us reigning with Him "as Priests and Kings" and the church becoming "His body" after He laid it down. Put it all together...and...Christ not only came "quickly" as He said would be the case about all that "must shortly come to pass"--but He began entering into His church members when each person opened the door when He knock, starting at Pentecost. This is His returning in the flesh, in His body.

Then, just as Peter indicated that a thousand years is not a specific time per se, but rather simply refers to "the fulness of time" (as in the time of the gentiles), much as God does not literally "own the cattle on a thousand" hills", but rather owns them all. Thus, Jesus' referring to theses times rather as "until the times of the gentiles is fulfilled." Meaning, one thousand years, two, whatever it takes to fulfill the times of the gentiles--wherein He is building His church one person at a time, as Paul explained, "but each one in his own order." All of which makes the common belief of a one-time mass event of Christ's return at the end of the world, the "lie" that has brought "strong delusion" and "great apostacy" because, as both Peter and Paul foretold, "false teachers entered into the church and deceived many", just as it is written.

But, not to worry, His church is nonetheless intact and well established. Everything is well in hand.
Very interesting view on the millennium! I haven’t heard that one before. So we are kings and priests?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very interesting view on the millennium! I haven’t heard that one before. So we are kings and priests?
Those who are His have been given all power and authority, as:

Grace to you and peace from Him who is and who was and who is to come, and from the seven Spirits who are before His throne, and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth. To Him who loved us and washed us from our sins in His own blood, and has [past tense] made us kings and priests to His God and Father, to Him be glory and dominion forever and ever. Amen. Rev 1:4-6
And yet, it should be known that we have the power not only for good but for evil, not only for us, but against us, as the spirit of God is poured out upon "all flesh", both on the good and on the evil. Such is the power of God, which is also the power of the abomination--standing in the holy place of Christ that brings desolation--the Judgement.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What do you think that means?
Just as we come into this world in our own times and order, we also leave in our own times and order...which incidentally, is that "day and hour which no one knows but the Father only."

Thus is the convergence of eternity [past] with our times, and then again the convergence of our times with eternity [future].

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Will we feel pain in the millennium?
I wanna know who produces the toilet paper! :confused:

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So as I understand we will live on a partially restored earth with our new bodies during the millennium of Christ.

Hi there Mantis.
Where did you get the idea that we will live on a partially restored earth with our new bodies.?

Apostle Peter looked for a fully restored earth at the coming of the Lord , where only righteousness will dwell.

2Pet 3
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!

13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless,
15 and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you,

[ Quote Mantis ] With our new spiritual or metaphysical bodies will we feel pain? I know in the new earth there will be no pain or death but on the partially restored earth it seems like we would still need to feel pain. What say you?]

When Jesus comes again we will be like him for we shall see him as he is. We will have a body like his Glorious body.
Does Jesus feel any pain? = no. Neither shall we.

PHIL 3
20 But [we are different, because] our citizenship is in heaven. And from there we eagerly await [the coming of] the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21 who, by exerting that power which enables Him even to subject everything to Himself, will [not only] transform [but completely refashion] our earthly bodies so that they will be like His glorious resurrected body.

1 John 3:2
Beloved, we are [even here and] now children of God, and it is not yet made clear what we will be [after His coming]. We know that when He comes and is revealed, we will [as His children] be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is [in all His glory].

Amp Bible.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as we come into this world in our own times and order, we also leave in our own times and order...which incidentally, is that "day and hour which no one knows but the Father only."

Thus is the convergence of eternity [past] with our times, and then again the convergence of our times with eternity [future].
Death then?

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there Mantis.
Where did you get the idea that we will live on a partially restored earth with our new bodies.?

Apostle Peter looked for a fully restored earth at the coming of the Lord , where only righteousness will dwell.

2Pet 3
10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in which the heavens will pass away with a roar and the elements will be destroyed with intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up.

11 Since all these things are to be destroyed in this way, what sort of people ought you to be in holy conduct and godliness,
12 looking for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be destroyed by burning, and the elements will melt with intense heat!

13 But according to His promise we are looking for new heavens and a new earth, in which righteousness dwells.

14 Therefore, beloved, since you look for these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, spotless and blameless,
15 and regard the patience of our Lord as salvation; just as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given him, wrote to you,

[ Quote Mantis ] With our new spiritual or metaphysical bodies will we feel pain? I know in the new earth there will be no pain or death but on the partially restored earth it seems like we would still need to feel pain. What say you?]

When Jesus comes again we will be like him for we shall see him as he is. We will have a body like his Glorious body.
Does Jesus feel any pain? = no. Neither shall we.

PHIL 3
20 But [we are different, because] our citizenship is in heaven. And from there we eagerly await [the coming of] the Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; 21 who, by exerting that power which enables Him even to subject everything to Himself, will [not only] transform [but completely refashion] our earthly bodies so that they will be like His glorious resurrected body.

1 John 3:2
Beloved, we are [even here and] now children of God, and it is not yet made clear what we will be [after His coming]. We know that when He comes and is revealed, we will [as His children] be like Him, because we will see Him just as He is [in all His glory].

Amp Bible.
The book of Revelation is where I got it. I don’t see the Wolf lying down with the Lambs. I see them ripping them apart to eat them. I don’t see a great time of peace with men. I see war and rumor of war, school shootings, crime and anarchy. This is the millennial reign of Jesus Christ? I’ll have to disagree with that one.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Death then?
Just as Jesus relayed in the gospels: being born into this world is not life as God is Life. But we are rather dead in the flesh because of the sin of our father Adam whom God drove out of the garden into this world where the children of Adam have had no access to the Tree of Life until the coming of Christ. Therefore, Christ preached the need to be born again of the spirit of God, which is eternal Life.

Thus, yes, "the wages of sin is death." But to believe in Christ is eternal Life.

jeffweeder

Jul 6, 2007
South Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The book of Revelation is where I got it. I don’t see the Wolf lying down with the Lambs. I see them ripping them apart to eat them. I don’t see a great time of peace with men. I see war and rumor of war, school shootings, crime and anarchy. This is the millennial reign of Jesus Christ? I’ll have to disagree with that one.

The wolf lying down with the lamb etc is speaking of the NHNE after the millennium. Its another way of saying there will be no more death...,

Is 65
New Heavens and a New Earth
“Behold, I am creating new heavens and a new earth;
And the former things [of life] will not be remembered or come to mind.
“But be glad and rejoice forever over what I create;
Behold, I am creating Jerusalem to be a source of rejoicing
And her people a joy.
“I will also rejoice in Jerusalem and be glad in My people;
And there will no longer be heard in her
The voice of weeping and the sound of crying.

“No longer shall there be in it an infant who lives only a few days,
Or an old man who does not finish his days;
For the youth who dies at the age of a hundred,
And the one who does not reach the age of a hundred
Will be thought of as accursed.
“They will build houses and live in them;
They will plant vineyards and eat the fruit.
“They will not build and another occupy;
They will not plant and another eat [the fruit].
For as the lifetime of a tree, so will be the days of My people,
And My chosen [people] will fully enjoy [and long make use of] the work of their hands.
“They will not labor in vain,
Or bear children for disaster;
For they are the descendants of those blessed by the Lord,
And their offspring with them.

24 “It shall also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear. 25 The wolf and the lamb will graze together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox [there will no longer be predator and prey]; and dust will be the serpent’s food. They will do no evil or harm in all My holy mountain (Zion),” says the Lord.

Revelation 21
Amplified Bible

The New Heaven and Earth
21 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away (vanished), and there is no longer any sea. 2 And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, arrayed like a bride adorned for her husband; 3 and then I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, “See! The tabernacle of God is among men, and He will live among them, and they will be His people, and God Himself will be with them [as their God,] 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be death; there will no longer be sorrow and anguish, or crying, or pain; for the former order of things has passed away.”