• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You know not the word of God or the Ekklesia.

I do know the word of God and the church quite well. What’s with “Ekklesia”? I’m not impressed with inordinate captivation to original language pronounciations.

But God hears your blasphemy of his holy spirit.

Oh?

Quote my blasphemy of the Holy Spirit according to the truth.

Because I have not accused Christ of having an unclean spirit.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“…work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” (Philippians 2:12)

:hmhehm
"Work out" your salvation and NOT work for.. Big difference. This pertains to the 2nd tense of salvation - "ongoing or progressive sanctification."

Verse 13 - for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Reactions: Blue Dragonfly's

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why the need to fear and tremble?

What are we fearing and trembling over Dan?

No difference.
For the believer it pertains to a healthy fear of offending God through disobedience and a righteous awe and respect or reverence for Him. (Proverbs 1:7; Psalm 34:9; Isaiah 66:2)

Prior to my conversion, while still attending the Roman Catholic church several years ago, I basically saw God as a tyrant who couldn't wait to punish me every time I messed up. That is an unhealthy fear!

So Philippians 2:12 is not about works salvation or fear and bondage to IN-security. Like I said before. BIG DIFFERENCE.

Reactions: RLT63

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the believer it pertains to a healthy fear of offending God through disobedience

Not so.

For:

“…by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil.” (Proverbs 16:6)

And God makes no distinctions in “healthy” or “unhealthy” fear.

The Lord said:

“…Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him, which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.” (Luke 12:4-5)

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
For the believer it pertains to a healthy fear of offending God through disobedience and a righteous awe and respect or reverence for Him. (Proverbs 1:7; Psalm 34:9; Isaiah 66:2)

Prior to my conversion, while still attending the Roman Catholic church several years ago, I basically saw God as a tyrant who couldn't wait to punish me every time I messed up. That is an unhealthy fear!

So Philippians 2:12 is not about works salvation or fear and bondage to IN-security. Like I said before. BIG DIFFERENCE.
True. Like Psalm 2:11. It isn't telling us we should be terrified of God. Where then would we find peace in him if he means we be scared to death of him.

Psalm 2:11(HSV)Serve the LORD with reverential awe and rejoice with trembling.

Reactions: mailmandan
Status
Not open for further replies.