WINGS LIKE EAGLES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Isaiah 40:31
. . . . those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; . . . .

I was thinking about this verse the other day and saw it in a new context.

When eagles soar on those strong wings they go far above the earth and it came to me that as Christians, even with our feet on the ground, our 'wings' give us the ability to rise above the darkness, sin and evil that is in the world today.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
. . . . those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; . . . .

When eagles soar on those strong wings they go far above the earth and it came to me that as Christians, even with our feet on the ground, our 'wings' give us the ability to rise above the darkness, sin and evil that is in the world today.
I think about this some times.

God brought Israel out of Egypt on eagle's wings.

First there was the oppression that followed Moses' demand, Make more brick, and get your own straw! Then the plagues, until they were expelled.

And then came the armies chasing them, Were there no graves in Egypt?? And the wind on the sea all night long, opening the sea, drying the seabed. Into the deep, followed by the armies of Egypt, and then deliverance!

Revelation describes the woman fleeing into the wilderness to be nourished there for 1260 days, on the wings of eagles, at time when the 2 witnesses will be striking the earth with every plague they want. As the dragon sends a flood from his mouth to drown her, but the earth helps her.

Tribulation produces endurance, that produces experience, that produces hope, and hope does not disappoint.

These are the eagle's wings as I think on it, but it's true, hope does not dissappoint, and that's where I really soar!

Much love!

Reactions: Pearl and Nancy

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

It's a demonstration of God's generosity, in that he enables us to soar rather than crawl.
He loves those that serve him to athousand generations.

Reactions: marks and Pearl