Without unconditional Election,no one would be saved.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please show us in Scripture, plainly, where one is presented with a gift, and accepts the gift of salvation to be saved. Also, show us where anyone is saved by making a decision. John 1:13 plainly says this is not possible, but you can still try to disprove the fact we're not saved by choosing if you want.
Yes I see the problem you have P4T..
You are quite arrogant in that you seem to believe God is in control as in Isa46:9-11
You are probably one of those who believes Jesus is Lord.
Then you are so rude as to openly post these ideas, instead of being nice to those who profane God's name by hating the scriptures offered.
Is that your problem?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Please show us in Scripture, plainly, where one is presented with a gift, and accepts the gift of salvation to be saved. Also, show us where anyone is saved by making a decision. John 1:13 plainly says this is not possible, but you can still try to disprove the fact we're not saved by choosing if you want.

John 1:12 plainly states that God gives the power to become children of God to as many as receive Him.

Therefore you have taken John 1:13 out of context.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
John 1:12 plainly states that God gives the power to become children of God to as many as receive Him. Therefore you have taken John 1:13 out of context.
Correct.

1. Those who believe on Christ's name.

2. Those who receive Christ by faith.

3. Are regenerated supernaturally (born of God)

4. To become children of God

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are quite arrogant in that you seem to believe God is in control as in Isa46:9-11
Then you are so rude as to openly post these ideas, instead of being nice to those who profane God's name by hating the scriptures offered.
Is that your problem?
Guilty as charged!!!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How awesome it is that we can seriously talk about the import of Scripture and still find time for humor. I love it.
One thing that is true, is that he is guilty of being arrogant from what I see.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that your problem?
It would be a feat for these theologically inept professing believers to end their lashing back with zero Bible and boatloads of name calling.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Eph.2:

That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing that is true, is that he is guilty of being arrogant from what I see.
Why do unlearned people accuse someone, whose spiritual eyes and ears, have been opened to the truths of the Bible by God? Is it because yourself believe you have the correct understanding of Scripture?

“What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?” 1Corinthians 14:36

If I am you, which I am not, I would get down on my knees and ask God to also have your spiritual eyes and ears opened.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: SovereignGrace

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The fact is that people will forever squabble over how God does things...until they mature a little...since God has more than one way of doing things with people. God knows how to tailor His approach to each one of us as individuals. There is really zero point in arguing over it. It is quite disrespectful, actually, to a God whose ways are so much higher than our own.

Can we just be quick to listen and slow to opinionate?

God calls people by grace seemingly out of the blue. I say seemingly because we really don't know what God's reasons are for calling this one or electing that one. Pure speculation on our part.

But God IS looking for things in us that do prompt His intervention. Otherwise prayer would be useless. Faith would also be useless.

It is possible to please God BEFORE He intervenes. Many will say that we are just puppets and can in no way please the Lord until He makes us do so. But that's not biblical. God did not tell David to kill Goliath. Jesus did not tell Mary to pour the perfume on His head. Jesus did not order the prostitute to wash His feet with her tears and her hair.

This is about grace not law. Those who would limit God to a specific way of doing things are themselves still under the law. Grace brings freedom. For where the Spirit is....there is freedom.

Reactions: brakelite

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do unlearned people accuse someone, whose spiritual eyes and ears, have been opened to the truths of the Bible by God? Is it because yourself believe you have the correct understanding of Scripture?

“What? came the word of God out from you? or came it unto you only?” 1Corinthians 14:36

If I am you, which I am not, I would get down on my knees and ask God to also have your spiritual eyes and ears opened.

To God Be The Glory
First of all, are you not also accusing me (of being unlearned)?

Secondly, the fact that @Preacher4Truth comes off as arrogant to me probably has nothing to do with his theology; and my judgment of his attitudes and behaviour is not based on his doctrine that he purports but on how I perceive he comes off to people. I really don't see the same arrogance in you that I see in him.

And there may be three fingers pointing back at me, for all I know. What I do know is that no one has told me that they think of me as coming across as arrogant; which does not mean that it is not the case, but would indicate that either it isn't the case or else no one here loves me enough to give me that kind of constructive criticism.

Now my eyes and ears have been opened to quite a few things, in my life. If I am wrong on the issue of Calvinism I am open to the Holy Spirit teaching me how I am wrong. So yes, Lord, if I am wrong on any of this, please open my spiritual eyes and ears to the truth of the matter.

Now, @Jun2u, are you humble enough to do the same as I just did and admit that you might be wrong in your perception of things, and to ask the Lord to show you where and how you are wrong if it is so?

Is it only if you are me that you would get down on your knees and ask God to have your spiritual eyes opened? Or will you do it when it is you?

Jun2u

Mar 6, 2014
Southern CA.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all, are you not also accusing me (of being unlearned)?
Yes I am. You should be so fortunate because Jesus chose unlearned men to be His Apostles. When it comes to the things of God we are all unlearned, but we grow in our walk with God.

Secondly, the fact that @Preacher4Truth comes off as arrogant to me probably has nothing to do with his theology; and my judgment of his attitudes and behaviour is not based on his doctrine that he purports but on how I perceive he comes off to people. I really don't see the same arrogance in you that I see in him.

I don’t think it is arrogance but more of frustration. Here we are sharing the true Gospel with others with accompanying verses, yet time and again we are repelled with their own verses, not realizing Scripture does not refute another Scripture.

Now my eyes and ears have been opened to quite a few things, in my life. If I am wrong on the issue of Calvinism I am open to the Holy Spirit teaching me how I am wrong. So yes, Lord, if I am wrong on any of this, please open my spiritual eyes and ears to the truth of the matter.

People don’t seem to understand WE ARE NOT TEACHING CALVINISM. Calvin and us happens to understand the truths of the Bible the same way by the Holy Spirit!

Just look at how you seem to dare the Holy Spirit to open your spiritual eyes and ears and doing so in a forum? You sound like the Pharisee who prayed at the temple with his face distorted to signify how he fasted twice in a day. The proper way is to go to your closet and pray as Jesus commanded.

Now, @Jun2u, are you humble enough to do the same as I just did and admit that you might be wrong in your perception of things, and to ask the Lord to show you where and how you are wrong if it is so?

I know I’m right as the Holy Spirit witness with my spirit I am a child of God. However, no one in this lifetime have a perfect understanding of Scripture.

Is it only if you are me that you would get down on your knees and ask God to have your spiritual eyes opened? Or will you do it when it is you?

Done that and many times over.

To God Be The Glory

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I am. You should be so fortunate because Jesus chose unlearned men to be His Apostles. When it comes to the things of God we are all unlearned, but we grow in our walk with God.

I don’t think it is arrogance but more of frustration. Here we are sharing the true Gospel with others with accompanying verses, yet time and again we are repelled with their own verses, not realizing Scripture does not refute another Scripture.

People don’t seem to understand WE ARE NOT TEACHING CALVINISM. Calvin and us happens to understand the truths of the Bible the same way by the Holy Spirit!

Just look at how you seem to dare the Holy Spirit to open your spiritual eyes and ears and doing so in a forum? You sound like the Pharisee who prayed at the temple with his face distorted to signify how he fasted twice in a day. The proper way is to go to your closet and pray as Jesus commanded.

I know I’m right as the Holy Spirit witness with my spirit I am a child of God. However, no one in this lifetime have a perfect understanding of Scripture.

Done that and many times over.

To God Be The Glory
Good response!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@justbyfaith,

I've made several attempts to have brotherly dialog with you, to get you to use proper context, to accept biblical correction (Romans 5:2 for example), have offered an olive branch to you and to others as well. This was not accepted by you.

It is a well known fact that several have come at me with name calling, ridicule, lies, false assertions, and zero biblical answers simply for challenging their false assertions, or for asking them to prove their accusations.

All of these refuse to deal with contextual Scripture, answer their false claims in what's in Scripture (Romans 8/ @CoreIssue for instance) or address Scripture that plainly refute their positions. Any honest person can see this, and they know it themselves.

Unfortunately you've done the same, even stooping to call me Satan, and will receive no correction when it is PROVEN you take Scripture out of context.

And you continue the name calling to this day as you've done it yet again. The fact remains the above concerning you, and others, is true.

I'll offer one more olive branch to you, in my arrogance. First, go show where, by quoting in context, what I've said is untrue, called you names, was arrogant &c. Then I'll apologize. If it's a matter of something else, then bring your case, with evidence.

And I believe, given your total lack of arrogance, and in your well known humility, it is probably obvious what you should extend to me after your several instances of name calling and attempts to drive division at me from others. I probably don't need to tell you what you should do in this instance as a professing believer.

Last edited: