A look at Timothy

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Greeting​

1Ti 1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope;
Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and the Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope,
1Ti 1:2 Unto Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.
To Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Warning Against False Teachers​

1Ti 1:3 As I besought thee to abide still at Ephesus, when I went into Macedonia, that thou mightest charge some that they teach no other doctrine,
Paul sought him out to be still in Ephesus, when going through to Macedonia, that thou might charge some that teach no other doctrine,

A specific command for Timothy here.
1Ti 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
Paul tells timothy, to not give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith;

so do.

So Paul warns timothy do not get hung up in debates, rather to encourage relationship with God, edifying on in the faith.
1Ti 1:5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned:
Now the end of the commandment is love, charity, out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.

Paul states that the end of the commandment is when a person comes around to having love out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience and of faith unfeigned. Which is a faith not wavering back and forth, nor faked.
1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;
For which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling - the state of affairs as the push of the Gospel continue forward.
1Ti 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.
Desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say, nor wherefof they affirm.
1Ti 1:8 But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;
But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

Paul speaks about people wanting to be teachers of law, not understanding anything they say or what they are affirming; but that we know that the law is good, if a man uses it lawfully.
1Ti 1:9 Knowing this, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers,
Knowing that the Law is good, if used lawfully, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless, and disobedient, for the ungodly, and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for man slayers,
1Ti 1:10 For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;
For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine - which was what? Go back and check out verse number 4.
1Ti 1:11 According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.
According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Christ Jesus Came to Save Sinners​

1Ti 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
And Timothy, is being told by Paul that he is thanking Christ Jesus our Lord, who has enabled him, for that he counted him faithful, and put him into the ministry.
1Ti 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
Who was before a blasphemer, and persecutor and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
1Ti 1:14 And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is in Christ Jesus.
And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is Christ Jesus.
1Ti 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
1Ti 1:16 Howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might shew forth all longsuffering, for a pattern to them which should hereafter believe on him to life everlasting.
Paul continues to tell timothy, howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me First Christ Jesus might show forth all the longsuffering, for a pattern to them which shoul d hereafter believe on him to everlasting life.
1Ti 1:17 Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
1Ti 1:18 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightest war a good warfare;
Paul charges timothy, with according to the prophecies which went on before on he, and that thou by them mighest war a good warfare, - fighting against the world - the flesh compared to the spirit. Timothy was on a mission to help a certain people, on what to teach them. Good warfare sounds good compared to warfare along or bad warefare.
1Ti 1:19 Holding faith, and a good conscience; which some having put away concerning faith have made shipwreck:
Paul encourages during times of struggle to continue to hold on to faith, and having a good conscience which some having put away concerning faith made shipwreck.
1Ti 1:20 Of whom is Hymenaeus and Alexander; whom I have delivered unto Satan, that they may learn not to blaspheme.

Hymenaues and Alexander - were delivered unto satan - for saying Jesus had already returned or the resurrection had already occurred when it was not yet so.

What that means idk, but still it is good to look and consider a whole chapter than single verses, hope this helps you.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Greeting​

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the commandment of God our Saviour, and the Lord Jesus Christ, which is our hope,
To Timothy, my own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

Warning Against False Teachers​

Paul sought him out to be still in Ephesus, when going through to Macedonia, that thou might charge some that teach no other doctrine,

A specific command for Timothy here.
Paul tells timothy, to not give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith;

so do.

So Paul warns timothy do not get hung up in debates, rather to encourage relationship with God, edifying on in the faith.
Now the end of the commandment is love, charity, out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.

Paul states that the end of the commandment is when a person comes around to having love out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience and of faith unfeigned. Which is a faith not wavering back and forth, nor faked.
For which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling - the state of affairs as the push of the Gospel continue forward.
Desiring to be teachers of the law, understanding neither what they say, nor wherefof they affirm.
But we know that the law is good, if a man use it lawfully;

Paul speaks about people wanting to be teachers of law, not understanding anything they say or what they are affirming; but that we know that the law is good, if a man uses it lawfully.
Knowing that the Law is good, if used lawfully, that the law is not made for a righteous man, but for the lawless, and disobedient, for the ungodly, and for sinners, for unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for man slayers,
For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine - which was what? Go back and check out verse number 4.
According to the glorious gospel of the blessed God, which was committed to my trust.

Christ Jesus Came to Save Sinners​

And Timothy, is being told by Paul that he is thanking Christ Jesus our Lord, who has enabled him, for that he counted him faithful, and put him into the ministry.
Who was before a blasphemer, and persecutor and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
And the grace of our Lord was exceeding abundant with faith and love which is Christ Jesus.
This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.
Paul continues to tell timothy, howbeit for this cause I obtained mercy, that in me First Christ Jesus might show forth all the longsuffering, for a pattern to them which shoul d hereafter believe on him to everlasting life.
Now unto the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honour and glory for ever and ever. Amen.
Paul charges timothy, with according to the prophecies which went on before on he, and that thou by them mighest war a good warfare, - fighting against the world - the flesh compared to the spirit. Timothy was on a mission to help a certain people, on what to teach them. Good warfare sounds good compared to warfare along or bad warefare.
Paul encourages during times of struggle to continue to hold on to faith, and having a good conscience which some having put away concerning faith made shipwreck.
Thank you for sharing. To me the above is talking about their adultery (not literal adultery but being under the law by holding people under it. “Teachers of the Law” …under the school master. Galatians 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

1 Corinthians 4:15 For though you have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet have you not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
Which he affectionately referred to Timothy as a son.

We can take 1 Timothy 1:1-20 as a weapon to bring more bondage or look at what IS adulterous: whoremongers, menstealers, liars …not enduring sound doctrine 2 Timothy 1:7-8 For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. [8] Be not thou therefore ashamed (Timothy) of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

Romans 8:15 For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear(could see Paul speaking this to Timothy, of holding fast to what he has receive); but you have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
…what is if one comes preaching another spirit…do not receive it? Is it; if one comes preaching the spirit of fear unto bondage again…do not receive this spirit again unto bondage? God has not given us the Spirit of fear again unto bondage…instead hold fast as a good soldier in Christ to the Spirit of adoption, of power, and of love and of a sound mind in Jesus Christ.

we say …The adulterous are those who lack faith, but I don’t think so anymore but instead those which destroy and go to town to overthrow faith in another rather than building up “as helpers of faith” and edifying so those weak be made strong in Him. Reminds me of the hens that peck at a sickly hen with a sore spot, peaking the weakness unto the hen dies. (Or that is what I’ve read about the nature of hens sometimes). Which is Paul warning Timothy of? The hen with a weak spot as the topic of “whoremongers, menstealers” …or of those who peck at the weakest to death to destroy it as the topic of “whoremongers, menstealers

2 Peter 2:12-14 But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not (1Ti 1:7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.)
;and shall utterly perish in their own corruption; [13] And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you; [14] Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: (menstealers?) an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children:

A warning to keepers of the law of condemnation unto death they push to destroy one’s faith (as instructors) with in Christ(where Paul said he had not been given power for destruction but for edification), instructors not giving of ministry of reconciliation (fathers, having begotten you through Jesus Christ) but instead …under the law of sin and condemnation unto death not knowing what they preach, bringing others into bondage of the spirit to not receive again. To me it says…If you want to preach the ministry of condemnation of sin unto death (not to be prayed for) then be under the condemnation unto death that it might become exceedingly sinful; “whoremongers”
“menstealers” “adulterers”?

The passage also about being an adulterer but if her husband be dead—she is free from the law—so she is no adulterer. Brother, (and Timothy) you also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ …to not bring forth sin unto death. (Destruction) But to bring forth fruit unto God (Edification).

Hymenaues and Alexander - were delivered unto satan - for saying Jesus had already returned or the resurrection had already occurred when it was not yet so.

What that means idk, but still it is good to look and consider a whole chapter than single verses, hope this helps you.
I didn’t find this in 1 Timothy 1:20. But instead …handed over to satan so they be taught not to blaspheme.

But regardless to destroy the faith you claim to be a helper of…can be blaspheme (no?)

But even in this what Paul does in handing over to satan…those adulterers…is merciful to me. It is still not using (abusing) the power given of God on destruction but for edification. Because I think Paul experienced being handed over himself to sin…saying he was alive once, but then the law came and “sin” slayed him, and he died. Then he speaks of it was Not an evil thing but that sin would become exceedingly sinful. Which to Paul was good. Coming into agreement with the law that revealed exceedingly sinful. —Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Seeing it as good to be brought to Christ going from “him who once destroyed the faith, he now preaches the faith he once destroyed”. Does Paul desire the same for Hymenaeus and Alexander? I think so. Which puts the exclamation point on what a father in Jesus Christ desires over instructors. in the handing over, even in this the ministry of reconciliation in edification “that the spirit might be saved” of “be you reconciled unto God.” That sin might become exceedingly sinful—to Hymenaeus and Alexander.

I know thats probably too long of a response but I didn’t have anything to study this morning. It was refreshing to take another look at Timothy with you. Thank you for posting on the topic.

Last edited:
Reactions: MatthewG

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for adding and sharing some your thoughts to the topic, Victory.

The error, therefore, of Hymenaeus and his two companions would amount to this: They taught that "the resurrection is past already," circa 50AD–65AD, and that there would be no future resurrection, but that all that resurrection means is that the soul awakes from sin.

Some information on him. 15 years of going around.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for adding and sharing some your thoughts to the topic, Victory.

The error, therefore, of Hymenaeus and his two companions would amount to this: They taught that "the resurrection is past already," circa 50AD–65AD, and that there would be no future resurrection, but that all that resurrection means is that the soul awakes from sin.

Some information on him. 15 years of going around.
I think so. the contradiction maybe in their words being those claiming the resurrection has already come and is past…being those in darkness and death still. So much so that if the resurrection has come and is past…how will they pass from death to Life, from darkness unto Life?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk, all that is known is that was the rumor and spreading of 15 years worth of time which, apparently was not yet. It is weird though the belief was "the resurrection means is that the soul awakes from sin". I never heard of that, we come to reconginze our sin, in which one goes to Christ, and then is raised again with Christ. So idk.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Pray for All People​

1Ti 2:1 I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
After the prior mention of handing one over to Satan, Paul goes on to tell timothy, to be exhorted in understanding,

First of all, supplications, prayers, and intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
1Ti 2:2 For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
Pray for kings, and for all that are in earthly authority;

we (Christians) may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
For there is One God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
1Ti 2:7 Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
Where unto I (Paul) am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not;) a teacher of the gentiles, in faith and verity.
1Ti 2:8 I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
I (Paul) will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.
1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
In like manner, also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel (in aspect of keeping themselves right before God), with shamefacedness and sobriety (clear awareness)' not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array. (A difference between the need of the material and the need of God by the spirit and not in the joys of the world. But the Joys of the Lord.
1Ti 2:10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.
But (which becometh women professing godliness (devotion to God) with good works.
1Ti 2:11 Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.
Let the women learn in silence with all subjection (in case of arising issues and questions i suppose due to the culture that timothy was going to). Not a degatory thing towards women.
1Ti 2:12 But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.
But I suffer not a woman to teach (I think they can today - but back then they had Apostolic Authority), nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence. (perhap overthrow a situation in an assembly? Idk) but its not a degatory thing towards women.
1Ti 2:13 For Adam was first formed, then Eve.
Yes Adam was first formed, and then eve.
1Ti 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression (of having causing also Adam to make his own choice to go ahead and partake)
1Ti 2:15 Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Idk, all that is known is that was the rumor and spreading of 15 years worth of time which, apparently was not yet. It is weird though the belief was "the resurrection means is that the soul awakes from sin". I never heard of that, we come to reconginze our sin, in which one goes to Christ, and then is raised again with Christ. So idk.
I’ve never heard the rumor of 15 years worth. So I don’t know what is said concerning it. Awakes to sin I’m not sure. Or Awakened unto righteousness…made Alive unto God …?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, his name is stated in the bible, and as shared previously, he was around doing so from 50-65Ad, unless he was only 15 years old when he lived? But that is just something historical to note if anything. Yeah, I am not really sure how to take it either. Thank you again for stopping by.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Qualifications for Overseers​

1Ti 3:1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
Paul goes on to tell timothy. This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desires to do good work.
1Ti 3:2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
1Ti 3:3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthly lucre, but patient, not a brawler, not covetous,
1Ti 3:4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
One that rules well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
1Ti 3:5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
For if a man knows not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?
1Ti 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
1Ti 3:7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.
Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

Qualifications for Deacons​

1Ti 3:8 Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
Like wise, deacons must be grave, without doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;
1Ti 3:9 Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.
1Ti 3:10 And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.
1Ti 3:11 Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
Even so must their wives be grace, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.
1Ti 3:12 Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.
1Ti 3:13 For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.

The Mystery of Godliness​

1Ti 3:14 These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly:
Paul writes to timothy hoping to see him shortly.
1Ti 3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
But if I tarry long, that thou mayest known how though ought to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.
1Ti 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world and recieved up into glory.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some Will Depart from the Faith​

1Ti 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
Paul goes on after having meeted out the requirements of deacons and overseers. Saying to Timothy,

Now the Spirit speaks expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.

Alright so as time would progress, in the last time - the last days of the age - some would depart from the faith, taking heed to seducing spirits and doctrines of devils.

They would be leading others away from Christ, and thus they departed from the faith.

Does this happen today? Departing from the faith? Taking heed to seducing spirits, or doctrines of devils?
Sure, people can teach about demonic ways, being seduced by the spirits of the world, and depart from the faith, looking rather at the world than the heavenly.
1Ti 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
They go about speaking lies, in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

It seems that there is a very deep dark hole which comes from departing from what is good, and heeding to what is bad.
1Ti 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
They would go around, forbidding people to marry; and commanding them to abstain from meats - to revert back to the old Law, rather than Christ. Which God has allowed meats, which God has created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Those who are commanding to abstain from meats, which people obeyed should just go on and leave you be, as you know what is true.
1Ti 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving.
1Ti 4:5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.
For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

A Good Servant of Christ Jesus​

1Ti 4:6 If thou put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thou shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine, whereunto thou hast attained.
If though put the brethren in remembrance of these things, thous shalt be a good minister of Jesus Christ, nourished up in the words of faith and of good doctrine; whereunto thou hast attained.
1Ti 4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
But refuse profane and old wive's fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness (devotion to God).
1Ti 4:8 For bodily exercise profiteth little: but godliness is profitable unto all things, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come.
While exercise is good, devotion to God is profitable, having promise of the life that now is, and of that which is to come (speaking of the resurrection after this life)
1Ti 4:9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acception.
1Ti 4:10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.
Good verse there.
1Ti 4:11 These things command and teach.
These things command and teach - (Timothy).
1Ti 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity.
Be an example (Timothy)
1Ti 4:13 Till I come, give attendance to reading, to exhortation, to doctrine.

1Ti 4:14 Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

1Ti 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

1Ti 4:16 Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.