Work is the Evidence of Faith: No Work, No Faith

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

Work of faith is the evidence of faith. No evidence of work, no substance of faith.

Faith without works is dead, being alone.

James 2 is written to faith alone hearers only, and is their worst enemy they must destroy.

A whole world of false doctrine is made for that single purpose.

Reactions: Robert Gwin

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

God has declared that until man can see the faith, the faith is not justified by God.

So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

The members of the body of Christ are seen of one another, and without the seeing and knowing of another, there is no member.

God is not saving members of ideology, but of doing the will of God for the good of the body.

Until our neighbor can see our faith by loving him, then neither does God see any faith loving Him.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is the root of salvation and works are the fruit. No fruit at all would demonstrate there is no root. In regards to "work of faith," as in 1 Thessalonians 1:3 (along with labor of love and patience of hope), these are the practical outworking of the Thessalonians' conversion. The work the Thessalonians do is a result or consequence of their faith. So too their labor flows from love and their endurance comes from hope. Work "of" faith does not mean that faith in essence is the work accomplished or that we are saved by works that are produced "out of" faith.

In regards to "faith without works is dead," this does not mean that faith is dead until it produces works and then it becomes a living faith (which would be like saying that a tree is dead until it produces fruit and then it becomes a living tree) or that works are the source of life in faith or that we are saved by works. James is simply saying, "faith that is not accompanied by evidential works demonstrates that it's dead." If someone merely says-claims they have faith, but lack resulting evidential works, then they have an empty profession of faith/dead faith and not authentic faith. (James 2:14)

Works-salvationists don't understand the difference between an empty profession of faith/dead faith that remains "alone" - barren of works (James 2:14, 24) and a living faith that trusts in Christ "alone" for salvation and not in works. (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:5-9) Salvation by faith and works is false doctrine. Works salvation is no salvation at all.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

God has declared that until man can see the faith, the faith is not justified by God.

So we, being many, are one body in Christ, and every one members one of another.

The members of the body of Christ are seen of one another, and without the seeing and knowing of another, there is no member.

God is not saving members of ideology, but of doing the will of God for the good of the body.

Until our neighbor can see our faith by loving him, then neither does God see any faith loving Him.
In James 2:21, one needs to take notice that James does not say that Abraham's work of offering up Isaac resulted in God accounting Abraham as righteous. The accounting of Abraham's faith as righteousness was made in Genesis 15:6, many years before his work of offering up Isaac recorded in Genesis 22. The work of Abraham did not have some kind of intrinsic merit to account him as righteous, but it showed or manifested the genuineness of his faith. This is the "sense" in which Abraham was "justified by works." He was shown to be righteous.

Romans 4:2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it (faith, not works) was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

The testing of Abraham was twofold:

1. To prove to God that Abraham feared him.

Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Imputed righteousness is by faith seen within the heart by God, but until it is proven and perfected by work of faith, God does not declare it justified and call us Friend.

2. To prove to Isaac that Abraham believed God.

And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Until the evidence of faith is seen by man, then there is no substance of faith imputed by God.

For by it the elders obtained a good report.

If the report of the body is not good, then neither is the faith.

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation by dead faith alone is no salvation at all.
An empty profession of faith/dead faith that remains "alone" - barren of works is not genuine faith that saves, but a bare profession of faith. It's critical to understand that in James 2:14, we read of one who says/claims he has faith but has no works (to evidence his claim) which is not genuine faith, but a bare profession of faith. So when James asks, "Can that faith save him?" he is saying nothing against genuine faith, but only against an empty profession of faith/dead faith. *So James does not teach that we are saved "by" works. His concern is to show the reality of the faith professed by the individual (James 2:18) and demonstrate that the faith claimed (James 2:14) by the individual is genuine. Simple!

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

The testing of Abraham was twofold:

1. To prove to God that Abraham feared him.

Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect? And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

Imputed righteousness is by faith seen within the heart by God, but until it is proven and perfected by work of faith, God does not declare it justified and call us Friend.

2. To prove to Isaac that Abraham believed God.

And Isaac spake unto Abraham his father, and said, My father: and he said, Here am I, my son. And he said, Behold the fire and the wood: but where is the lamb for a burnt offering?

And Abraham said, My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering: so they went both of them together.

Until the evidence of faith is seen by man, then there is no substance of faith imputed by God.

For by it the elders obtained a good report.

If the report of the body is not good, then neither is the faith.

But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
In James 2:22, faith made perfect or complete by works means bring to maturity, to complete like love in 1 John 4:18. It doesn't mean that Abraham was finally saved based on merits of his works after he offered up Isaac on the altar in Genesis 22. When Abraham performed the good work in Genesis 22; he fulfilled the expectations created by the pronouncement of his faith in Genesis 15:6.

In James 2:23, the scripture was fulfilled in vindicating or demonstrating that Abraham believed God and was accounted as righteous. Abraham was accounted as righteous based on his faith (Genesis 15:6) not his works (Romans 4:2-3) long before he offered up Isaac on the altar in Genesis 22, yet Abraham was shown to be righteous by his work of offering up Isaac on the altar. (James 2:21)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In James 2:21, one needs to take notice that James does not say that Abraham's work of offering up Isaac resulted in God accounting Abraham as righteous. The accounting of Abraham's faith as righteousness was made in Genesis 15:6, many years before his work of offering up Isaac recorded in Genesis 22. The work of Abraham did not have some kind of intrinsic merit to account him as righteous, but it showed or manifested the genuineness of his faith. This is the "sense" in which Abraham was "justified by works." He was shown to be righteous.

Romans 4:2 For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. 3 For what does the Scripture say? “Abraham believed God, and it (faith, not works) was accounted to him for righteousness.” 4 Now to him who works, the wages are not counted as grace but as debt. 5 But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works.

God does not declare we fear Him, until we prove it by work of faith, that can be seen by man.

Dead faith alone seen only in the imagination of a man's mind is alone, dead, and does not fear the Lord.

The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.

The evidence of unbelief, is when any man is transgressing against God, and even man can declare they have no fear of God.

Anyone teaching that any man can be transgressing against God and be a child of the devil, and a saved son born of God, has a dead faith of vain imagination only, and there is no fear of God in his heart.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s good to fear God.

God can take the life you have away from you today… God is the life giver and the life taker.

Reactions: mailmandan

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In James 2:22, faith made perfect or complete by works means bring to maturity, to complete like love in 1 John 4:18. It doesn't mean that Abraham was finally saved based on merits of his works after he offered up Isaac on the altar in Genesis 22. When Abraham performed the good work in Genesis 22; he fulfilled the expectations created by the pronouncement of his faith in Genesis 15:6.

In James 2:23, the scripture was fulfilled in vindicating or demonstrating that Abraham believed God and was accounted as righteous. Abraham was accounted as righteous based on his faith (Genesis 15:6) not his works (Romans 4:2-3) long before he offered up Isaac on the altar in Genesis 22, yet Abraham was shown to be righteous by his work of offering up Isaac on the altar. (James 2:21)
He was finally justified.

Without works no man is justified by dead faith alone.

Anyone teaching that any man can be transgressing against God and be a child of the devil, and a saved son born of God, has a dead faith of vain imagination only, and there is no fear of God in his heart.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was finally justified.
In what sense are you implying? Accounted as righteous by works (which would mean that he was saved by works) or shown to be righteous?

Without works no man is justified by dead faith alone.
Dead faith produces no works and is not authentic faith in the first place that justifies/accounts man as righteous. Man is saved through faith and not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9); yet genuine faith is substantiated, evidenced by works. (James 2:14-24)

Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption "alone" and not based on the merits of our works.

It is through faith "in Christ alone" (and not based on the merits of our works) that we are justified on account of Christ and His finished work of redemption (Romans 3:24; 5:1; 5:9); yet the faith that justifies does not remain alone (unfruitful, barren) if it is genuine. (James 2:14-24)

Are you saying that anyone who is not living a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life (exactly as Jesus lived) 100% of the time is a child of the devil, has a dead faith and is not saved? Have you read the parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector? (Luke 18:9-14)

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s good to fear God.

God can take the life you have away from you today… God is the life giver and the life taker.
We are to have a healthy fear of God as fear of offending God and a righteous awe and respect for Him. (Proverbs 1:7; Psalm 34:9; Isaiah 66:2) Prior to my conversion, while still attending the Roman Catholic church several years ago, I basically saw God as a tyrant who couldn't wait to punish me every time I messed up, which left me miserable and blinded me from God's love. That is an unhealthy fear!

Reactions: MatthewG

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In what sense are you implying?

You say saved by works. Scripture says justified by works. Address what Scripture says, not what you say.

Dead faith produces no works and is not authentic faith in the first place that justifies/accounts man as righteous. Man is saved through faith and not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9; Titus 3:5; 2 Timothy 1:9); yet genuine faith is substantiated, evidenced by works. (James 2:14-24)

Faith is dead without works, being alone. Man is not saved by dead faith alone without works.

Until the evidence is seen, it is unseen dead faith without being justified by works.

Christ saves us through faith based on the merits of His finished work of redemption "alone" and not based on the merits of our works.

Jesus paid the price for all sins, which is death of the soul, so that all past sins are forgiven, not sins presently being committed.

He that is sinning is dead to God.

It is through faith "in Christ alone" (and not based on the merits of our works) that we are justified on account of Christ and His finished work of redemption (Romans 3:24; 5:1; 5:9); yet the faith that justifies does not remain alone (unfruitful, barren) if it is genuine. (James 2:14-24)

Until faith ceases to be alone, it justifies nothing.

Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

Speeches mean nothing, when Scripture contradicts it.

Are you saying that anyone who is not living a sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolute perfect life (exactly as Jesus lived) 100% of the time is a child of the devil, has a dead faith and is not saved? Have you read the parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector? (Luke 18:9-14)

Are you saying someone fornicating is not a child a devil?

Your law of perfectionism to define sin is false. It is not the law of Christ: Fornicating is sinning, not the mortal defect of tripping on a stone.

Your equating fornication as a mortal defect tells the story of how justify being saved by faith alone, while fornicating.

Have you read the parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector? (Luke 18:9-14)

If you're still the tax collector at the altar, you need to repent as he did, and then you will be justified as he when he walked away not sinning.

If any man is now transgressing Jesus' law, he is not born of God now, but is a child of the devil as any other sinner on earth.

Do you teach being born of God, and not a child of the devil, while fornicating with faith?

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are to have a healthy fear of God as fear of offending God and a righteous awe and respect for Him. (Proverbs 1:7; Psalm 34:9; Isaiah 66:2) Prior to my conversion, while still attending the Roman Catholic church several years ago, I basically saw God as a tyrant who couldn't wait to punish me every time I messed up, which left me miserable and blinded me from God's love. That is an unhealthy fear!

It is a good thing you now know who the true and living God is. He is love, and he desires to help us in our lives, what was in the Garden of Eden is still active today because of the victory of Jesus Christ overcoming, Sin, Death, Hell, Satan and his Demons, and because of faith on the Lord Jesus Christ we are made right with God because of his righteousness.

Im more annoyed than anything by what some people post because either it seems to me to be vain humility or perhaps a hidden agenda but why people may say, I have a hard time trusting people because when you put your trust in people that is when you can be mislead and why it’s important to learn the Bible scripture and not just what someone may say out here on this internet sites.

Though they may be doing it out of pure intentions, however it makes a mockery out of the whole message of the Gospels and it is like something is missing and I hate that here lately this is the way it has been seen from my eyes… I grow tired of seeing it and just desire to stick with truth, even if others don’t believe what is being spoken of as truth… because Jesus said he was gonna return in a generation worth of time (40 years), and he is not a liar; and neither is his Apostles neither was the Prophets of Old that God used that made their prophecies.

It is good learn from others but be careful what you may learn and does it lead to learning? Having more love? Contention or hatred?

God bless.

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say saved by works. Scripture says justified by works. Address what Scripture says, not what you say.
It sounds to me like YOU are saying "saved by works." Scripture says justified by works, yet do you realize that the word "justified" has a duel meaning depending on the context?

The Greek word for justified "dikaioo" #1344 is:

1. to render righteous or such he ought to be
2. to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

We know it's the latter meaning in James 2:24 because James is discussing the evidence of faith (says-claims to have faith but has no works/I will show you my faith by my works - James 2:14-18) and not the initial act of being accounted as righteous with God. (Romans 4:2-3)

Faith is dead without works, being alone. Man is not saved by dead faith alone without works.
Dead faith cannot produce works. It takes a living faith to produce works. James is talking about an empty profession of faith/dead faith that remains "alone" - barren of works (hence the alone part) which is not genuine faith, but a bare profession of faith. (James 2:14)

Until the evidence is seen, it is unseen dead faith without being justified by works.
False. God knows the condition of our hearts prior to faith producing good works. (Ephesians 2:5-10) God knows whether or not we have placed our faith in Jesus Christ alone for salvation to establish a living faith. We show our faith by our works, (James 2:18) but we do not establish it.

Jesus paid the price for all sins, which is death of the soul, so that all past sins are forgiven, not sins presently being committed.
Acts 13:39 - and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.

He that is sinning is dead to God.
So the apostle Peter was dead to God when he sinned by denying Christ three times in John 18:25-27 and when he played the part of a hypocrite when he was not being straight forward about the truth of the gospel in Galatians 2:11-15?

Until faith ceases to be alone, it justifies nothing.
Abraham was said to be justified by faith (and not by works) in Romans 4:2-3. How do you get around that?

See posts #3.

Speeches mean nothing, when Scripture contradicts it.
You are in contradiction with Romans 4:2-6.

Are you saying someone fornicating is not a child a devil?
A continuous lifestyle of fornicating with no repentance, yes.

Your law of perfectionism to define sin is false. It is not the law of Christ: Fornicating is sinning, not the mortal defect of tripping on a stone.
Why do you single out fornication? Is that the only sin in your book? People who talk about sexual sins a lot are typically the one's who struggle with it the most.

Your equating fornication as a mortal defect tells the story of how justify being saved by faith alone, while fornicating.
I never even mentioned fornicating. Your sinless perfection delusion is getting you side tracked.

If you're still the tax collector at the altar, you need to repent as he did, and then you will be justified as he when he walked away not sinning.
1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense, no sinless perfection) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

'Called' a brother? If that is his lifestyle or bent of life, then he is no brother in Christ. (1 Corinthians 6:9-11)

If any man is now transgressing Jesus' law, he is not born of God now, but is a child of the devil as any other sinner on earth.
So only those who are sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolutely perfect (exactly like Jesus) 100% of the time qualify? Does that describe you?

Do you teach being born of God, and not a child of the devil, while fornicating with faith?
Back to fornicating again? Why are you so obsessed with that particular sin? How many people of faith have never had a weak moment (especially as babes in Christ) and NEVER once had a lustful thought? Christians can have weak moments at times, but that's different from fornication being a person's lifestyle or bent of life, which is practicing sin and no one who is born of God practices sin.. (1 John 3:9)

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds to me like YOU are saying "saved by works."
You hear what you want to hear, in order to not hear what you don't want to hear.

Scripture says justified by works, yet do you realize that the word "justified" has a duel meaning depending on the context?

The Greek word for justified "dikaioo" #1344 is:

1. to render righteous or such he ought to be
2. to show, exhibit, evince, one to be righteous, such as he is and wishes himself to be considered

God doesn't care about your greekology, that changes the Scripture, as well as it's context. Faith without works is dead, and we are justified by works, and not by faith only. The created christ idolaters also have greekology that says the Word was a god.

Dead faith cannot produce works. It takes a living faith to produce works. James is talking about an empty profession of faith/dead faith that remains "alone" - barren of works (hence the alone part) which is not genuine faith, but a bare profession of faith. (James 2:14)

Dead faith is still dead until it's doing the word and working. Hearers and agreers have dormant dead seed planted only. And with it is an endless twist and turn of Scripture to change and do away with James 2.

Abraham was said to be justified by faith (and not by works) in Romans 4:2-3. How do you get around that?

I don't get around Scripture as you by greekology. I read all Scripture and so by Scripture reconcile all Scripture together.

Paul rebuked the Jews seeking to be justified by works without faith, and was not preaching being justified by faith alone without works, which James confirms by rebuking you who pervert grace by faith, that we are justified by works of faith, and not by faith only.

Acts 13:39 - and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses.

Believers are not hearers only, but are doers of the word, and so are justified in all things by doing the word, and not by agreeing with it only.

So the apostle Peter was dead to God when he sinned by denying Christ three times in John 18:25-27 and when he played the part of a hypocrite when he was not being straight forward about the truth of the gospel in Galatians 2:11-15?

No man was born again before the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Peter was guilty of unbelief as a Jew in the Messiah, which Scripture confirms they were all concluded in unbelief at the cross.

A continuous lifestyle of fornicating with no repentance, yes.

And so, you say someone fornicating now is a born son of God, and not of the devil, unless they do it twice or thrice.

God says no man is born of Him and is fornicating with the devil, and the devil says not too much.

Why do you single out fornication? Is that the only sin in your book? People who talk about sexual sins a lot are typically the one's who struggle with it the most.

I was a fornicator, drunkard, theif, liar, etc...

I choose fornication as example of sinning with the devil, because only a spirit of whoredom would in any way justify fornicating today, and still being born of God by faith only,

OSAS does not just preach saved by faith alone without works, but also preaches with works of the devil.

The only works OSAS allows to be saved with, are works of the devil, and never with any works of righteousness.

God teaches being saved with His works of righteousness, and the devil teaches being saved with his works of unrighteousness.

Your sinless perfection delusion is getting you side tracked.

So only those who are sinless, without fault or defect, flawless, absolutely perfect (exactly like Jesus) 100% of the time qualify? Does that describe you?

You teach a law of perfection, by calling mortal imperfection sin, and so sinlessness as being perfectionism. That is your law, not Jesus'.

And since no man on earth in mortal flesh can do perfection without burping, tripping, singing off tune, forgetfulness, then you make the law of Christ against sinning in fornication, adultery, robbery, menstealing, etc...of none effect.

It is how you justify yourself as an unrighteous christian sinner, since you're not perfect anyway.

1 John 1:8 - If we say that we have no sin, (present tense, no sinless perfection) we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

(1 John 3:9)

Them that are in Christ Jesus have not sin, for in Him is no sin, and even as Jesus did not boast of being good and sinless on earth, neither does His body, The admonition is warning to the saints walking in Light, not to become high minded as Lucifer, who was also created perfect in all his ways, but then rose up within his heart to declare he was sinless by his own will and power.

How many people of faith have never had a weak moment (especially as babes in Christ) and NEVER once had a lustful thought? Christians can have weak moments at times, but that's different from fornication being a person's lifestyle or bent of life, which is practicing sin and no one who is born of God practices sin.. (1 John 3:9)

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Weak moments iare being tempted to lust, but receiving lust to lust after sin is adultery, and them committing adultery within the heart, have no fellowship nor Spirit of Christ supping with them and the devil.

You first make a law of perfectionism to excuse sinning against the law of Christ, and then you reduce sinning against God to a weak moment.

You elevate mortal imperfections to transgression of your own law, and dumb down transgressing the law of Christ to mere weakness.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You hear what you want to hear, in order to not hear what you don't want to hear.

God doesn't care about your greekology, that changes the Scripture, as well as it's context. Faith without works is dead, and we are justified by works, and not by faith only. The created christ idolaters also have greekology that says the Word was a god.

Dead faith is still dead until it's doing the word and working. Hearers and agreers have dormant dead seed planted only. And with it is an endless twist and turn of Scripture to change and do away with James 2.

I don't get around Scripture as you by greekology. I read all Scripture and so by Scripture reconcile all Scripture together.

Paul rebuked the Jews seeking to be justified by works without faith, and was not preaching being justified by faith alone without works, which James confirms by rebuking you who pervert grace by faith, that we are justified by works of faith, and not by faith only.

Believers are not hearers only, but are doers of the word, and so are justified in all things by doing the word, and not by agreeing with it only.

No man was born again before the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Peter was guilty of unbelief as a Jew in the Messiah, which Scripture confirms they were all concluded in unbelief at the cross.

And so, you say someone fornicating now is a born son of God, and not of the devil, unless they do it twice or thrice.

God says no man is born of Him and is fornicating with the devil, and the devil says not too much.

I was a fornicator, drunkard, theif, liar, etc...

I choose fornication as example of sinning with the devil, because only a spirit of whoredom would in any way justify fornicating today, and still being born of God by faith only,

OSAS does not just preach saved by faith alone without works, but also preaches with works of the devil.

The only works OSAS allows to be saved with, are works of the devil, and never with any works of righteousness.

God teaches being saved with His works of righteousness, and the devil teaches being saved with his works of unrighteousness.

You teach a law of perfection, by calling mortal imperfection sin, and so sinlessness as being perfectionism. That is your law, not Jesus'.

And since no man on earth in mortal flesh can do perfection without burping, tripping, singing off tune, forgetfulness, then you make the law of Christ against sinning in fornication, adultery, robbery, menstealing, etc...of none effect.

It is how you justify yourself as an unrighteous christian sinner, since you're not perfect anyway.

Them that are in Christ Jesus have not sin, for in Him is no sin, and even as Jesus did not boast of being good and sinless on earth, neither does His body, The admonition is warning to the saints walking in Light, not to become high minded as Lucifer, who was also created perfect in all his ways, but then rose up within his heart to declare he was sinless by his own will and power.

But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

Weak moments iare being tempted to lust, but receiving lust to lust after sin is adultery, and them committing adultery within the heart, have no fellowship nor Spirit of Christ supping with them and the devil.

You first make a law of perfectionism to excuse sinning against the law of Christ, and then you reduce sinning against God to a weak moment.

You elevate mortal imperfections to transgression of your own law, and dumb down transgressing the law of Christ to mere weakness.
I'm sorry, but you are way beyond mixed up, impossible to reason with and you also appear to be suffering from a severe case of self righteousness and contempt for others.

Last edited:

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Though they may be doing it out of pure intentions, however it makes a mockery out of the whole message of the Gospels and it is like something is missing and I hate that here lately this is the way it has been seen from my eyes… I grow tired of seeing it and just desire to stick with truth, even if others don’t believe what is being spoken of as truth… because Jesus said he was gonna return in a generation worth of time (40 years), and he is not a liar; and neither is his Apostles neither was the Prophets of Old that God used that made their prophecies..
Yeah, I get annoyed when people don't agree with me either.

But I don't just write it off as mockery of the gospel, unless I show Scripture to correct it.

Otherwise, I must be willing to be corrected.

And what really annoys me, is when I see someone cannot be corrected, but rather just go on with their own mantra.

But, that is when Paul says to just move on after the first or second admonition of Scripture.