World's richest beggar...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This guy makes a living from begging. He has collected one million dollars from begging and owns property.

The above is why it's important to donate only through legitimate charities such as Christian Aid in Virginia. (They thoroughly check out each indigenous ministry they help.)

In India foreigners are cautioned to not give money to beggars.

Reactions: marks and Nancy

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The western equivalent of begging can be found in the GO Fund Me Appeals that are posted on the internet.

Reactions: amigo de christo

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The western equivalent of begging can be found in the GO Fund Me Appeals that are posted on the internet.
A workmates uncle was killed in a motorcycle accident. Not his fault.
His family had no life insurance and the sudden funeral expense was a burden they could not afford.

Were it not for Go Fund Me, they would have been lost for a way to afford to bury theiroved one.

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This guy makes a living from begging. He has collected one million dollars from begging and owns property.

The above is why it's important to donate only through legitimate charities such as Christian Aid in Virginia. (They thoroughly check out each indigenous ministry they help.)

Back in the day my wife and I would take people into our home from time to time. That's how we learned that the guys who stand on the freeway onramp would collect $300 - $400 per day, that was in the early 90's, so that's more than double in today's dollars, or like making $4000 a week tax free, or $200,000 a year.

They'd fight over the best corners. I can see why.

Much love!

Reactions: Debp

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
A workmates uncle was killed in a motorcycle accident. Not his fault.
His family had no life insurance, and the sudden funeral expense was a burden they could not afford.

Were it not for Go Fund Me, they would have been lost for a way to afford to bury their loved one.

There will always be genuine Go Fund me appeals mix with the appeals that are not.

Just as there are genuine beggars on the streets, and there are others who are begging just for the easy money that it brings.

My one sentence post above was only highlighting the fact that begging has now transitioned to the internet and the means by which it is done.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in the day my wife and I would take people into our home from time to time. That's how we learned that the guys who stand on the freeway onramp would collect $300 - $400 per day, that was in the early 90's, so that's more than double in today's dollars, or like making $4000 a week tax free, or $200,000 a year.

Much love!
You make is sound like ALL street beggars make that same amount of money...

...which is NOT even close to true.

MOST street beggars make about 20-30 bucks a day. The average they make is about $300...per month.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You make is sound like ALL street beggars make that same amount of money...

...which is NOT even close to true.

MOST street beggars make about 20-30 bucks a day. The average they make is about $300...per month.
No, I just mean around here, and not all of them, I'm sure. We were near a good corner.

Much love!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea rather it can be found in the pulpits of the most richest preachers seen . They always begging for dollars
and build them massive houses , empires , buy planes , trains and automobiles
and still get up and beg for new planes . THEMS the RICHEST beggers ever seen . YET SPIRITUALLY they are bankrupt .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Much love!
bad as that is i know something far far worse .
YES , your right SOME of them beg under pretence and make much money in the process .
But what is worse than that you might ask . GO to some churches
and see who is getting filthy rich off the backs of the poor . I tell us all that is not a good thing to do .
Far worse to do it IN JESUS NAME . Just a friendly reminder to all .

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yea rather it can be found in the pulpits of the most richest preachers seen . They always begging for dollars

And there are also some self-named "Christian workers" who use Christian forums to beg. (They do not ask directly as that is against forum policy.) Investigate them and you will see very little ministry is being done.

Reactions: GTW27

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

After reading the bible I realized that it is important to do charitable works. So I helped a lot of homeless people and learned a lot about them in the process. The precentage of homeless people that deserve help is really low. Most here are drug addicts and career criminals. They'll take your money and buy illegal drugs.

These scammers from other countries like south america and mexico or india are terrible people. They just steal peoples identities on facebook to get your phone number off the messenger area. Then they harrass you with spam calls trying to get your personal information to steal money from you.

Now days I've turned my charitable works towards people I know can't work for themselves. Like dissabled people.

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
After reading the bible I realized that it is important to do charitable works. So I helped a lot of homeless people and learned a lot about them in the process. The precentage of homeless people that deserve help is really low. Most here are drug addicts and career criminals. They'll take your money and buy illegal drugs.
It depends on the area. But statistically, most homeless people are not drug addicts/career criminals. In fact, MOST homeless people don't panhandle. If they do, it's usually for a short-lived time (a few weeks to a few months).
These scammers from other countries like south america and mexico or india are terrible people. They just steal peoples identities on facebook to get your phone number off the messenger area. Then they harrass you with spam calls trying to get your personal information to steal money from you.
Agreed. It's the main reason why I don't answer my phone unless it's a number I know (such as, someone in my contacts or a phone number I know I just recently called).
Now days I've turned my charitable works towards people I know can't work for themselves. Like dissabled people.
Good idea. But just to remind people, there is such a thing as having what's called "hidden disabilities." Chronic back pain (from an injury, let's say) that may only allow someone to stand for short periods of time...Autism and Schizophrenia...even conditions that impair their sight and hearing could be regarded as disabilities.

Unfortunately, as a society, we do tend to place a lot of weight on looks. "He doesn't LOOK unhealthy, so he should just get a job." "She doen't LOOK like she's homeless." "He LOOKS like he's a drug addict." "She LOOKS like she's an alcoholic."

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It depends on the area. But statistically, most homeless people are not drug addicts/career criminals. In fact, MOST homeless people don't panhandle. If they do, it's usually for a short-lived time (a few weeks to a few months).

Agreed. It's the main reason why I don't answer my phone unless it's a number I know (such as, someone in my contacts or a phone number I know I just recently called).

Good idea. But just to remind people, there is such a thing as having what's called "hidden disabilities." Chronic back pain (from an injury, let's say) that may only allow someone to stand for short periods of time...Autism and Schizophrenia...even conditions that impair their sight and hearing could be regarded as disabilities.

Unfortunately, as a society, we do tend to place a lot of weight on looks. "He doesn't LOOK unhealthy, so he should just get a job." "She doen't LOOK like she's homeless." "He LOOKS like he's a drug addict." "She LOOKS like she's an alcoholic."
"The reality, obvious to anyone who spends any time in tent cities or emergency shelters, is that 80 percent of the homeless suffer from drug and alcohol addiction and 30 percent suffer from serious mental illness, including bipolar disorder and schizophrenia." Seattle Under Siege

Mink57

Aug 4, 2020
Las Vegas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The reality, obvious to anyone who spends any time in tent cities or emergency shelters, is that 80 percent of the homeless suffer from drug and alcohol addiction and 30 percent suffer from serious mental illness, including bipolar disorder and schizophrenia." Seattle Under Siege
Don't know if you read any of my other posts regarding homelessness, but *I* was homeless...for almost a year...in Las Vegas.

"According to the National Coalition for the Homeless, substance abuse is more prevalent in people who are homeless than in those who are not. In many instances, substance abuse is the result of the stress of homelessness, rather than the other way around. Many people begin using drugs or alcohol as a way of coping with the pressures of homelessness."

• Most research shows that around 1/3 of people who are homeless have problems with alcohol and/or drugs, and around 2/3 of these people have lifetime histories of drug or alcohol use disorders.
  • According to SAMHSA, 38% of homeless people abused alcohol while 26% abused other drugs.

Having been homeless before, it's a subject that's near and dear to my heart. I see so many misconceptions about it, and it's actually a very complex issue.

Reactions: goforit/leap

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don't know if you read any of my other posts regarding homelessness, but *I* was homeless...for almost a year...in Las Vegas.

"According to the National Coalition for the Homeless, substance abuse is more prevalent in people who are homeless than in those who are not. In many instances, substance abuse is the result of the stress of homelessness, rather than the other way around. Many people begin using drugs or alcohol as a way of coping with the pressures of homelessness."

• Most research shows that around 1/3 of people who are homeless have problems with alcohol and/or drugs, and around 2/3 of these people have lifetime histories of drug or alcohol use disorders.
  • According to SAMHSA, 38% of homeless people abused alcohol while 26% abused other drugs.

Having been homeless before, it's a subject that's near and dear to my heart. I see so many misconceptions about it, and it's actually a very complex issue.
I was homeless for a while as well. I drank alcohol. So I understand that. It is fairly painful to be homeless. Sorry you had to go thru that.

Anyways, I had some time to see the homeless in my area, the vast majority are like I said, career criminals and heroin addicts. It is a huge problem here. They're not drunks here. And we have some of them dying on the streets from that drug that's been killing them. Can't remember what it is called.

I live in a high crime area, one of the worst in the country. It's terrible really.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hello,

Unless you are also involved in helping those with whom you rub shoulders every day, then you are not doing God's work.

Yes, you can send money overseas, and I still do, but first we need to focus on the needy in our own communities first. Yes, the church I attend has a food parcel program to help the needy out and through my giving to the church I am supporting the people in need around me.

If we have money over, after looking after our own needy people in our communities, then it is appropriate to send money to other countries to help them as well. However, it is far better to teach a person how to fish than it is to give him a fish to eat.

Spreading the gospel to others is hard work because we have to ask the Lord to fix us first and we are often to proud to admit that we need help as well.