Would it be a sin to get a tattoo of a dragon?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Leviathan

Jan 18, 2008
My step dad once removed got a huge one whose tail runs down his arm. However im not sure if this portrays evil. Ive heard that any tatoo is a bad idea but have never really looked it up.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
Leviticus 19:28 - Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.Look at Lord Yahshua/Jesus Christ, Did He sin? Did He get a tattoo?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Leviathan

Jan 18, 2008
Lol. I believe that we have to look at compare the things that jesus did to today. We have to think about what he would do and what would be considered a sin in todays society if a modern day jesus was to come. God is a very forgiving and awesome god. I dont think all the people who get a tatoo are goin to hell. I think that statement was a little harsh jag.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Kimshi42;31963)
He also didn't drive a car...is it a sin to drive cars?
That has got to be the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. There was no mention of scriptures about cars. But tattoo, Yes! All tattoo does is poisoning your body that belongs to God.I Corinthians 6:19 - What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?We are ought to take care of the body, while we are alive.(Leviathan;31965)
Lol. I believe that we have to look at compare the things that jesus did to today. We have to think about what he would do and what would be considered a sin in todays society if a modern day jesus was to come. God is a very forgiving and awesome god. I dont think all the people who get a tatoo are goin to hell. I think that statement was a little harsh jag.
And I never mention tattoos are an unforgiveable sin. All sins are forgiveable. Tattoos does poison your body, same as smoking...and does lead to shorten one's life. I'm just warning you guys. Even Yahshua Himself was harsh as Truth needs to be told.JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Jag was just quoting scripture and is right to do so we cant ignore it cause we dont like it. but lets look at the scriptureYe shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.I do think this has a religious conitation to it I can not prove that so one is taking that risk if they get a tatoo but the cuttings for the dead, lead me to think this maybe in reference to a a religious ritual because I know God is concerned about the state of our heart/soul not our appearance, and I can not see where todays tatoo's could effect this,its not a religious statement today. I think this applies to people Like in India that get a dot on their foreheads as a religious statement that they worship another god. Thats my opinion for what its worth

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(kriss;31967)
Jag was just quoting scripture and is right to do so we cant ignore it cause we dont like it. but lets look at the scriptureYe shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.I do think this has a religious conitation to it I can not prove that so one is taking that risk if they get a tatoo but the cuttings for the dead, lead me to think this maybe in reference to a a religious ritual because I know God is concerned about the state of our heart/soul not our appearance, and I can not see where todays tatoo's could effect this,its not a religious statement today. I think this applies to people Like in India that get a dot on their foreheads as a religious statement that they worship another god. Thats my opinion for what its worth
Nice post Kriss. I agree with that.
smile.gif
But however I'm that sure that tattoos does poision your body. I don't see why people wants to put tons of needle inside their flesh body. The same goes for smoking, Why do people want to do it when they know it kills them?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(thesuperjag;31968)
smile.gif
But however I'm that sure that tattoos does poision your body. I don't see why people wants to put tons of needle inside their flesh body. The same goes for smoking, Why do people want to do it when they know it kills them?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
I agree Jag but we have to be careful of not judging these things as sins necessarily or we could become to self righteous as christians you could extend that to eating to much fat or taking prescription meds or drinking soda pretty soon there is nothing left that we would not be against. I just have to say that everything in moderation is the rule. And it is each persons responsibility to take the best care of their own body as you have pointed out it is a temple.

followerofchrist

Nov 22, 2007
(kriss;31969)
I agree Jag but we have to be careful of not judging these things as sins necessarily or we could become to self righteous as christians you could extend that to eating to much fat or taking prescription meds or drinking soda pretty soon there is nothing left that we would not be against. I just have to say that everything in moderation is the rule. And it is each persons responsibility to take the best care of their own body as you have pointed out it is a temple.
PLEASE!!! :eek: I am begging you! Don't rule out soda! Without Dr Pepper...well I just wouldn't be the same:(

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Kriss;31969)
(thesuperjag;31968)
smile.gif
I agree Jag but we have to be careful of not judging these things as sins necessarily or we could become to self righteous as christians you could extend that to eating to much fat or taking prescription meds or drinking soda pretty soon there is nothing left that we would not be against. I just have to say that everything in moderation is the rule. And it is each persons responsibility to take the best care of their own body as you have pointed out it is a temple.I agree Kriss that we have to be careful. While like tattoos what scripture says about it, I just wanted to reason with other people about it, that's all. I may be a bible quoter, but I'm not going to let myself be a bible basher, that is to say "Force scriptures" / "Force Love" I only care about others, that's why I want to reason with them and warn people that it can lead to danger. I am in no position to judge anyone's soul as I'm not the Judge. Love you much Kriss.
smile.gif
JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour of the world.

Jan 19, 2008
(kriss;31967)
in India that get a dot on their foreheads as a religious statement that they worship another god.
Just for accuracy's sake...The dot on the forehead in Hindu culture symbolizes marriage, like a wedding ring does in our culture. It's cultural, not religious. Also, it's a little disposable adhesive thing, not a tattoo. Many of my Hindu friends' wives, especially among the younger generation, traded the dots for rings when they came to live in the US.

toddsumrall.com

Jan 18, 2008
Look at Lord Yahshua/Jesus Christ, Did He sin? Did He get a tattoo?.
Some would say yes he did get a tattoo on his thigh.Rev 19:16 And he has on his robe and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. I don't know if a dragon tattoo is sin or not. I know that I have a dragon tattoo on my chest with a yin/yang symbol in his claws. That would seem evil, at least to me. I got it when I was living in rebellion, and now I am stuck with it. I am guessing when I get my new body, there won't be that tattoo anymore.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(toddsumrall.com;31996)
(thesuperjag;31962)
Look at Lord Yahshua/Jesus Christ, Did He sin? Did He get a tattoo?
Some would say yes he did get a tattoo on his thigh.Rev 19:16 And he has on his robe and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. I don't know if a dragon tattoo is sin or not. I know that I have a dragon tattoo on my chest with a yin/yang symbol in his claws. That would seem evil, at least to me. I got it when I was living in rebellion, and now I am stuck with it. I am guessing when I get my new body, there won't be that tattoo anymore.To some that says that Christ has gotten a tatoo on his thigh is a bit foolish, and make Christ Himself a hypocrite. If Christ broke the law, he wouldn't be sinless at all. A sinful person can never be God. Only a sinless person can be God. I'll stick with Christ as the spotless Lamb of God.P.S. Well the word dragon is symbolic referring to Satan, that is all I can say to you. (Revelation 12:9, Revelation 20:2)JagLovest ye in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.

toddsumrall.com

Jan 18, 2008
I agree on what the dragon symbolizes in the bible. Satan plain and simple and to get a dragon tattoo is to get a symbol of Satan on your body. If I had it to do all over again, I would not have gotten the tattoo. Thankfully it is on my chest and I am able to keep it covered up.

Thunder1

Dec 12, 2007
(thesuperjag;31962)
Leviticus 19:28 - Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD.Look at Lord Yahshua/Jesus Christ, Did He sin? Did He get a tattoo?JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
Thanks thesuperjag for that scripture, there were other good things on it too and some not so good, Lev. 19:27 " Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." How many people cut they hair at the sides and how many men shave they beard. Some men are bald.My hubby even doesn't have a beard, I don't either, I wonder why. My hubby has a tiger tattoo on his other arm, nice looking, not angry and on the other arm he's got Cross, there is red colour as blood on it and word Risen.God Bless,Thunder1

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(PilgrimLostInTraffic;31986)
Just for accuracy's sake...The dot on the forehead in Hindu culture symbolizes marriage, like a wedding ring does in our culture. It's cultural, not religious. Also, it's a little disposable adhesive thing, not a tattoo. Many of my Hindu friends' wives, especially among the younger generation, traded the dots for rings when they came to live in the US.
I stand corrected Pilgrim I did not know that my reasoning is the same but obviously I picked a bad example:)

ami

Sep 3, 2007
(kriss;31967)
Kriss,I agree with jag. first of, why would we cut our body? or draw things on it? the bible says you are not your own. Our body belongs to God. Our body is the temple of the holy spirit. Moreover, most of the images in most tatoos are images of dradon, snakes which symbolize the devil in the bible. They are also used in rituals and worships in some countries. Rev 12: 9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out wih him. So, we have to be careful.1 peter 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:God blessAmi

SpiritSoldier

Dec 24, 2007
You know guys there is a girl at my work who likes tattoos well like Jag said I agree I am convicted about this. God gave me one body and I want to keep it pure for my creator. Well this girl mentioned tattoos one day you know what I said? "don't you want to keep your body pure for your creator?" She told me "some people need them." and "tattoos are art and the body is a canvas." well if that's true look at it like this The Human body is a gift and a more complex machine than anything on the planet and whatever "Art" you put on it is not even close to the "Art" that God Made when he made you! Our bodies are temples of "God and his holy spirit" We should honor God with our lives and what better display than our bodies? Did Adam and Eve need tattoos to be better? No they are fine just the way they are and anyone who says they need a tattoo to be themselves or describe their personality is insecure and trying to hide something not describe something about themselves. Think about what tattoos people have suns,moon, stars, skulls, dragons, naked women, hearts,clovers,vegetation, tribal, what do these tell you about the person????? Well nothing spiritual but everything worldy! It tells me they are lovers of suns, moons, lovers of stars, lovers of dragons and women lovers of the world and not lovers of God. God made the body in tact we just need to recognize this fact and give him honor by not demoralizing his canvas with some less than heavenly more worldy view of what humans look like this is satan's ploy of dehumanizing God's creation how awfull. and yes I do think we should obey God's word in love when it says not to get tattoo marks on ourselves it's just so sad to see lovers of the world system when more and more of Today's Christians think it's okay to have tattoos and do in fact continue to support them so yes it is considered a sin to me and quite possibly God too.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Thunder1;32002)
(thesuperjag;31962)
Leviticus 19:28 - Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the LORD. Look at Lord Yahshua/Jesus Christ, Did He sin? Did He get a tattoo? Jag Lovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.
Thanks thesuperjag for that scripture, there were other good things on it too and some not so good, [url="http://biblegateway.com/cgi-bin/bible?language=english&version=KJV&passage=Lev.+19%3A27]Lev. 19:27[/url] " Do not cut the hair at the sides of your head or clip off the edges of your beard." How many people cut they hair at the sides and how many men shave they beard. Some men are bald.My hubby even doesn't have a beard, I don't either, I wonder why. My hubby has a tiger tattoo on his other arm, nice looking, not angry and on the other arm he's got Cross, there is red colour as blood on it and word Risen. God Bless, Thunder1Leviticus 19:27 - Ye shall not round the corners of your heads, neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.Now, of course, I don't know everything, but however... if cutting your hair is a sin, then how come Paul says this?I Corinthians 11:14 - Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?If a man has long hair, is it not a sin? If a man cut his hair, is it not a sin? He is in trouble both ways, so in that thinking, there is a contradiction in it, so in Leviticus 19:27 - It has to do something with worshipping another god, a pagan ritual etc, but cutting your hair? Come on people.This is what I believe until someone correct me...only if I am wrong. So please correct me if I'm wrong!JagLovest thou in Christ Yahshua, Lord and Saviour of the world.