Would the US government allow anyone to interpret the US constitution?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Truthcampaign.org said:
That's really rich! Why do you keep embarrassing yourself, I wonder?
... Is Christ its root then I say, apparently not.

... more obviously, is the "Truthcampaign" the TRUTH? -- Apparently not. It's Orwell Speak.

I'm here to tell you the TRUTH. See? It's in my "screen name"! -- What a SHIP load of barnyard.
Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Would the US government allow anyone to interpret the US constitution without the court system guiding them? If anybody can determine law by their own interpretation, we would have complete chaos! This is what we have in non-catholic christian religions, interpretation chaos. This is why there are 50 thousand different protestant / non-denominational churhes that believe different things.

Some Thoughts:
  • Jesus established a Church and gave the Church the keys to the kingdom of heaven, along with binding and losing authority - Matt 16
  • Only the Catholic Church can claim that it was established by Jesus
  • The early Church Fathers are Catholic
  • Who owned back then and still owns the ancient write scripture scrolls? The Church did and still does; located at the Vatican in their massive library
  • The Bible was not created until around the 4th century
  • If there was no bible, who did the teaching? The Church that Jesus established did the teaching with the scripture scrolls
  • Very few people could read back then
  • There was no printing press; it took a year for a scholar writer to write out the Bible
  • The Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church using her binding and losing authority, which you believe in indirectly
  • Thousand of writings were voted on; the Church used her binding and losing during several Catholic Councils including the Council of Rome to compile the Bible
  • You follow an ex catholic priest via the protestant reform of the 1500s - a human being
  • etc...
The congregation, not church, is built on the revelation that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. Peter is the little rock, while Jesus is the Chief Cornerstone. Shalom.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's a perfect analogy. The Holy Spirit doesn't lie. In other posts, you claim the Holy Spirit is guiding your interpretations but so does all other protestants, and many have different interpretations. Which interpretations are correct and guided by the Holy Spirit. Yours or their interpretations?

The Catholic Church has one interpretation. If I travel to Europe or Africa or the US, all Masses are the same with the same interpretations because the Holy Spirit doesn't lie!
Your one of them denominations my friend. You need to stop separating yourself

Reactions: Truman

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some Thoughts:
  • Jesus established a Church and gave the Church the keys to the kingdom of heaven, along with binding and losing authority - Matt 16
  • Who owned back then and still owns the ancient write scripture scrolls? The Church did and still does; located at the Vatican in their massive library
  • If there was no bible, who did the teaching? The Church that Jesus established did the teaching with the scripture scrolls
  • There was no printing press; it took a year for a scholar writer to write out the Bible
  • The Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church using her binding and losing authority, which you believe in indirectly
  • Thousand of writings were voted on; the Church used her binding and losing during several Catholic Councils including the Council of Rome to compile the Bible
  • You follow an ex catholic priest via the protestant reform of the 1500s - a human being
  • etc...

TC.org: Some Thoughts:
(My answers are in black.)

The Church (capital "c"), ekklesia, is made up of all believers in Jesus Christ.
What is the church? | GotQuestions.org
What is the definition of ekklesia? | GotQuestions.org
This cannot be proven in scripture (i.e. the Bible).
Hopefully, the "early church fathers" are in heaven, where there are no denominational divisions!
I'm sorry, but you're going to have to rephrase this. It doesn't make sense.
The scriptures were written over the centuries as the Holy Spirit inspired the writers.
What is the Bible? | GotQuestions.org
Who wrote the Bible? | GotQuestions.org
Manuscripts of various scriptures were circulated long before they were compiled into our present-day Bible.
I would say this is conjecture. Even if this is true, the people didn't have to be good readers in order to know what was in the early manuscripts. I'll bet they had teachers who could read....
Like I said, copies of manuscripts of sections of the Bible were circulated throughout the churches.
I praise God for the book we currently call the Bible! But the Catholic Church is not responsible for writing the scriptures, which were written by various men under the unction of the Holy Spirit. All scripture is inspired by God (2 Tim 3:16), not the Catholic Church.
  • Thousand of writings were voted on;...
ok
Who says that I follow Martin Luther? I'm not a Lutheran.
  • etc...
Well, I've complied with your initially unspoken wishes. Now what?

Last edited:
Reactions: Truman and Bobby Jo

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Tell ya what. Next time you go to court, tell them that the Holy Spirit will guide the court proceedings. See what they say. You're talking about a man-made legal system and comparing it to the divine guidance of the Holy Spirit, whom God the Father sent to indwell believers and guide us into all truth.

Come to think of it, the Catholic Church is full of man-made customs and traditions.... Wasn't this one of Jesus' main criticisms of the Pharisees? Looking to the traditions of man instead of the guidance and power of the Spirit--holding to a form of godliness, but denying its power?

Edit: And many Protestant churches are full of man-made traditions too. There. So y'all don't think I'm only picking on the Catholics.

Didn't one of the Popes declare cat's to be heretics .. leading to the mass massacre and sadistic torture of Cats ... no .. we don't want Law on the basis of "inspiration" .. Catholic or Otherwise.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Supreme Court has gotten the Constitution wrong in some cases...for example, in Roe v. Wade, not recognizing that the unborn child has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...

No it didn't ... who are you to say SC has gotten the constitution wrong.

What you have wrong is that JC would have wanted Christian's to get political and bastardize his name on the basis of made up beliefs .. putting words in God's mouth .. the "unforgivable Sin"

What was it that you figured the Soul arrived again ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pro 31:8, Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction.
Pro 31:9, Open thy mouth, judge righteously, and plead the cause of the poor and needy.

It is not wrong for Christians to stand for righteousness to be implemented by the government...consider 2 Samuel 23:3 and Matthew 5:13.

Salt is a preserving agent...that we are the salt of the earth means that we, as believers, preserve the culture from moral decay and we keep iniquity from running rampant through our influence in governmental affairs.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
putting words in God's mouth .. the "unforgivable Sin"
Speaking for God is not unforgiveable even if you are wrong in what you speak.

At least the one who speaks for God is not taking his talent and hiding it in the sand, even if he is wrong he cannot be condemned for being complacent.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
justbyfaith said:
The Supreme Court has gotten the Constitution wrong in some cases...for example, in Roe v. Wade, not recognizing that the unborn child has the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness...

No it didn't ... who are you to say SC has gotten the constitution wrong. ...

A THINKING person? -- There's easily a DOZEN cases where the SC got it WRONG; and where it had to REVERSE itself.

But some people choose not to think, but only to believe/do what they're told! :)
Bobby Jo

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Would the US government allow anyone to interpret the US constitution without the court system guiding them? If anybody can determine law by their own interpretation, we would have complete chaos! This is what we have in non-catholic christian religions, interpretation chaos. This is why there are 50 thousand different protestant / non-denominational churhes that believe different things.

Lol....haven't the masses (christians including catholics) determining law (the constitution as well as God's Law) by their own interpretation for a long time? .....and chaos is well underway.

Would it surprise you that as a result of global chaos that an attempt to control the situation might be a type of fascism in the making? initially benign but increasingly with 'teeth' ......and what's more, approved of by the masses. The emergence of Covid has already encouraged ratting on each other. It's easy to see a society living in distrust of everybody and everything all because God's Law has been interpreted through the lens of self.

So much for the glorious age of Aquarius!

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
justbyfaith said:

A THINKING person? -- There's easily a DOZEN cases where the SC got it WRONG; and where it had to REVERSE itself.

But some people choose not to think, but only to believe/do what they're told! :)
Bobby Jo

I agree that the SC get's it wrong .. but it did not get the abortion decision wrong ... the poster gave no justification for claim.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Speaking for God is not unforgiveable even if you are wrong in what you speak.

At least the one who speaks for God is not taking his talent and hiding it in the sand, even if he is wrong he cannot be condemned for being complacent.

Yes it is IMO - and I back my opinions up with a whole lot more than you do.

Some of us have studied and puzzled over these things for years .. others do nothing but try to fit every passage in scripture into their pre-ordained man made dogma of the day.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree that the SC get's it wrong .. but it did not get the abortion decision wrong ... the poster gave no justification for claim.
The justification is in the Declaration of Independence...the concept that every human being has the inalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. This obviously does not apply to the murderer who claims that they will be happier if someone in their life is dead (such as an unborn baby).

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes it is IMO - and I back my opinions up with a whole lot more than you do.
I backed up my opinion with scripture...the parable in which the wicked and lazy servant hid his talent in the sand...

What scripture do you back up your claims with?

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The justification is in the Declaration of Independence...the concept that every human being has the inalienable right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. This obviously does not apply to the murderer who claims that they will be happier if someone in their life is dead (such as an unborn baby).

That was for every "citizen" which is different than human being but it matters not. You have yet to show where in the process a human being exists.

Then on the basis of "I don't know" you want to force your personal made up religious beliefs onto others through physical violence.
Jesus really hates this.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I backed up my opinion with scripture...the parable in which the wicked and lazy servant hid his talent in the sand...

What scripture do you back up your claims with?

How does the parable of the lazy servant relate to abortion ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was for every "citizen" which is different than human being but it matters not. You have yet to show where in the process a human being exists.

Then on the basis of "I don't know" you want to force your personal made up religious beliefs onto others through physical violence.
Jesus really hates this.

See Jeremiah 1:5, Galatians 1:15.

I am not among those who resort to physical violence in order to stop the killing of unborn babies.

I am of the ilk that would stand in front of an abortion clinic pleading with the mother not to kill her child.

But I agree with you that the bombing of abortion clinics is reprehensible...the ends do not justify the means, Romans 3:5-8.

How does the parable of the lazy servant relate to abortion ?

I was not relating it to abortion, but to your contention that when we speak for the Lord we are committing the unpardonable sin.

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Some Thoughts:
  • etc...
The problem with Catholics, Protestants, and the rest of the congregation (we can't even get the name right) is the lack of proper biblical leadership. I believe (you may not) that the coming move of God will right this wrong. "There is no one as blind as the blind man who believes he sees." Shalom.

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have come to the conclusion that many on this forum are not open to finding the truth and would rather believe what's in the minds, rather . I wish you all the best! God Bless!
TC.org: Some Thoughts:
(My answers are in black.)

The Church (capital "c"), ekklesia, is made up of all believers in Jesus Christ.
What is the church? | GotQuestions.org
What is the definition of ekklesia? | GotQuestions.org
This cannot be proven in scripture (i.e. the Bible).
Hopefully, the "early church fathers" are in heaven, where there are no denominational divisions!
I'm sorry, but you're going to have to rephrase this. It doesn't make sense.
The scriptures were written over the centuries as the Holy Spirit inspired the writers.
What is the Bible? | GotQuestions.org
Who wrote the Bible? | GotQuestions.org
Manuscripts of various scriptures were circulated long before they were compiled into our present-day Bible.
I would say this is conjecture. Even if this is true, the people didn't have to be good readers in order to know what was in the early manuscripts. I'll bet they had teachers who could read....
Like I said, copies of manuscripts of sections of the Bible were circulated throughout the churches.
I praise God for the book we currently call the Bible! But the Catholic Church is not responsible for writing the scriptures, which were written by various men under the unction of the Holy Spirit. All scripture is inspired by God (2 Tim 3:16), not the Catholic Church.
  • Thousand of writings were voted on;...
ok
Who says that I follow Martin Luther? I'm not a Lutheran.
  • etc...
Well, I've complied with your initially unspoken wishes. Now what?

Okay then... I'll pray for you too! God Bless