Would the US government allow anyone to interpret the US constitution?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have come to the conclusion that many on this forum are not open to finding the truth and would rather believe what's in the minds, rather . I wish you all the best! God Bless!

Okay then... I'll pray for you too! God Bless
I pray that you will have God’s grace to allow the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth.

God bless!

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have come to the conclusion that many on this forum are not open to finding the truth ...

ANYONE whose "church" is the TRUE CHURCH, is in a CULT. And anyone who says their "church" has NO Doctrinal Errors, is in a CULT.

And there's no shortage of CULT members, including ALL DENOMINATIONS.
Bobby Jo

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Would the US government allow anyone to interpret the US constitution without the court system guiding them? If anybody can determine law by their own interpretation, we would have complete chaos! This is what we have in non-catholic christian religions, interpretation chaos. This is why there are 50 thousand different protestant / non-denominational churhes that believe different things.

Some Thoughts:
  • Jesus established a Church and gave the Church the keys to the kingdom of heaven, along with binding and losing authority - Matt 16
  • Only the Catholic Church can claim that it was established by Jesus
  • The early Church Fathers are Catholic
  • Who owned back then and still owns the ancient write scripture scrolls? The Church did and still does; located at the Vatican in their massive library
  • The Bible was not created until around the 4th century
  • If there was no bible, who did the teaching? The Church that Jesus established did the teaching with the scripture scrolls
  • Very few people could read back then
  • There was no printing press; it took a year for a scholar writer to write out the Bible
  • The Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church using her binding and losing authority, which you believe in indirectly
  • Thousand of writings were voted on; the Church used her binding and losing during several Catholic Councils including the Council of Rome to compile the Bible
  • You follow an ex catholic priest via the protestant reform of the 1500s - a human being
  • etc...

Your first error is saying there are over 50,000 different non roman Catholic sects. there are only about 13,000
Second, there was no Roman Catholic church prior to pope Julius in the 6th Century.
Third , Prior to Constantine polluting the church by granted it favored status in the empire, there was enormous disunity. We had teh Jewish/Gentile divisons of the first and early 2nd century. Then Greek/Roman believers having problems, then teh churches founded by different apostles having disagreements. This was all foretold would happen by both Jesus and Paul.
Fifth- The binding and loosing authority are not connected to the keys!
sixth. the term catholic is generic and means universal. All believers in all sects are the church and it is us whoa re the catholic (small c ) church. Not one denomination.
7th, The vatican confiscated all early writings so of course they owned most of the early scrolls and vellums and parchments.
8tjh Teh bible was authorized by believers not a particular sect! And they did not do that through their authority, but through history, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. God not men chose which books were to be in the Bible!

9th The binding and loosing has nothing to do with accepting which books were to be in the bible. Binding and loosing has to do only with Church discipline. REad the passage in its context! The Body of Christ (the real church) has o authority to add to or take away from Scripture!
10th. the real church follows Scripture guided by the Holy Spirit. If Luther, Calvin and Svingli were alive today, I would be debating them on many issues they believed in. But God used them mightily to bring the light of Scripture back to teh people and not held by a sect that brought Europe into the dark ages, called for wars tha killed millions and murdered thousands of people who were followers of jesus and dared to disagree with teh bishop or Cardinal.

Sorry but Teh Lord Jesus Christ does not recognize any one sect. He recognizes only those who have placed their full trust in HIs death and REsurrection ans the full and only payment for their sin God the Father accepts.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Would the US government allow anyone to interpret the US constitution without the court system guiding them? If anybody can determine law by their own interpretation, we would have complete chaos! This is what we have in non-catholic christian religions, interpretation chaos. This is why there are 50 thousand different protestant / non-denominational churhes that believe different things.

Some Thoughts:
  • Jesus established a Church and gave the Church the keys to the kingdom of heaven, along with binding and losing authority - Matt 16
  • Only the Catholic Church can claim that it was established by Jesus
  • The early Church Fathers are Catholic
  • Who owned back then and still owns the ancient write scripture scrolls? The Church did and still does; located at the Vatican in their massive library
  • The Bible was not created until around the 4th century
  • If there was no bible, who did the teaching? The Church that Jesus established did the teaching with the scripture scrolls
  • Very few people could read back then
  • There was no printing press; it took a year for a scholar writer to write out the Bible
  • The Bible was compiled by the Catholic Church using her binding and losing authority, which you believe in indirectly
  • Thousand of writings were voted on; the Church used her binding and losing during several Catholic Councils including the Council of Rome to compile the Bible
  • You follow an ex catholic priest via the protestant reform of the 1500s - a human being
  • etc...
then wadr why arent you on a Catholic forum, rather than a Christian one? Yes, our Gov misinterprets the Constitution, too!
"Some thoughts" hilarious, could you please take your pagan Rome jazz somewhere else

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your first error is saying there are over 50,000 different non roman Catholic sects. there are only about 13,000
Second, there was no Roman Catholic church prior to pope Julius in the 6th Century.
Third , Prior to Constantine polluting the church by granted it favored status in the empire, there was enormous disunity. We had teh Jewish/Gentile divisons of the first and early 2nd century. Then Greek/Roman believers having problems, then teh churches founded by different apostles having disagreements. This was all foretold would happen by both Jesus and Paul.
Fifth- The binding and loosing authority are not connected to the keys!
sixth. the term catholic is generic and means universal. All believers in all sects are the church and it is us whoa re the catholic (small c ) church. Not one denomination.
7th, The vatican confiscated all early writings so of course they owned most of the early scrolls and vellums and parchments.
8tjh Teh bible was authorized by believers not a particular sect! And they did not do that through their authority, but through history, and the guidance of the Holy Spirit. God not men chose which books were to be in the Bible!

9th The binding and loosing has nothing to do with accepting which books were to be in the bible. Binding and loosing has to do only with Church discipline. REad the passage in its context! The Body of Christ (the real church) has o authority to add to or take away from Scripture!
10th. the real church follows Scripture guided by the Holy Spirit. If Luther, Calvin and Svingli were alive today, I would be debating them on many issues they believed in. But God used them mightily to bring the light of Scripture back to teh people and not held by a sect that brought Europe into the dark ages, called for wars tha killed millions and murdered thousands of people who were followers of jesus and dared to disagree with teh bishop or Cardinal.

Sorry but Teh Lord Jesus Christ does not recognize any one sect. He recognizes only those who have placed their full trust in HIs death and REsurrection ans the full and only payment for their sin God the Father accepts.

No Catholic Church prior to the 6th century. So all the Catholic early Church Fathers never existed in your own mind. Poof, gone!

Can you tell me what religion to did these people follow: Justin Martyr, Ignatius of Antioch, Pope Linus, Pope Cletus, Clement of Rome, St. Orgin, St. Alexandria, Polycarp of Smyrna, St. Ambrose, St Jerome, Pope Gregory I, Tertullian, Pope Damasus I who helped compile the Bible -- Council of Rome - Wikipedia etc.........

I mean, believe what you want but don't lie or pretend you know history.

Many seek to be right, and as a result, they fail to seek the truth! God Bless

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you tell me what religion to did these people follow: Justin Martyr, Ignatius of Antioch, Pope Linus, Pope Cletus, Clement of Rome, St. Orgin, St. Alexandria, Polycarp of Smyrna, St. Ambrose, St Jerome, Pope Gregory I, Tertullian, Pope Damasus I who helped compile the Bible
Uh...Christian??

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then wadr why arent you on a Catholic forum, rather than a Christian one? Yes, our Gov misinterprets the Constitution, too!
"Some thoughts" hilarious, could you please take your pagan Rome jazz somewhere else
Very Christian of you!

The truth hurts... God Bless

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Catholic Church prior to the 6th century. So all the Catholic early Church Fathers never existed in your own mind. Poof, gone!

Trace the History of the Roman Catholic Church
According to The Moody Handbook of Theology, the official beginning of the Roman Catholic church occurred in 590 CE, with Pope Gregory I. This time marked the consolidated of lands controlled by authority of the pope, and thus the church's power, into what would later be known as "the Papal States."

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trace the History of the Roman Catholic Church
According to The Moody Handbook of Theology, the official beginning of the Roman Catholic church occurred in 590 CE, with Pope Gregory I. This time marked the consolidated of lands controlled by authority of the pope, and thus the church's power, into what would later be known as "the Papal States."​
Keep reading your Moody Handbook of Theology!!!!!! Hahahahaha. Freaking hilarious! Now we're getting somewhere!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahahaha

Correct... but Catholic Christian my Friend. I mean, seriously people! I have more appreciation for those that tell the truth but just don't care to be Catholic than those making up fairytale stories. God knows your heart!
Believers in Jesus CHRIST are called CHRISTians, period!

I grew up in a predominantly Catholic city, and Catholics used to ask me, "What religion are you?" meaning what denomination. I always thought it was funny. :)

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
True history, not this fake BS

I think you need to calm down and stop using initials of curse words!

Did you come on this forum hoping to convert everyone to Catholicism, or what?? You don't seem to understand that many on this forum have been Christians for quite a while, some of us for decades. We've studied the scriptures, and we don't need someone telling us what to believe.

I look to the Holy Spirit to unite believers, but it won't be under the banner of any denominational label. It will be in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... but Catholic Christian my Friend. ...

Silly people think that just because THEY chose a particular denomination, that EVERYONE should be as "SMRT". -- I am so smart; I am so smart; S M R T; S M R T; ... -- Homer Simpson

-- You're not Christian if you're not Catholic. You not a Christian BECAUSE you're a Catholic. --

No you are; I man not; No you are; I am not ...
Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you need to calm down and stop using initials of curse words! ...

PW, -- You Don't Understand! Using profanity (even in initials) is a sign of a SINCERE CHRISTIAN. And when I hit my thumb with a hammer, I'M A SUPER SINCERE CHRISTIAN!!! :eek:

With Very Best Regards, :p
Bobby Jo

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What if Jesus came to you in-person and said he is Catholic. Would you convert if you're not Catholic?

Just curious...

Just a simple yes or no

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus isn't a Catholic...I believe that there was an even entire thread recently devoted to this subject.

Jesus isn't Catholic

I believe that the conclusion was that Jesus was neither Catholic nor Christian...He was the Christ...the founder of the faith.

(not to mention there is some good discussion in that thread regarding the subject of eternal security).