Would the US government allow anyone to interpret the US constitution?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Already answered that early:

Wow, not one yes for our non catholic christians! I put that out to see how harden your hearts are.

If Jesus came to me in-person and said the Catholic Church is not the Church, just follow your interpretations with the Holy Bible, I would 100% say hell yes!

Then I can set my own rules according to how I interpret the Bible. I wouldn't have to follow the list of mortal sins the Catholic Church has - just look at the list! No more Holy Days of Obligation! I can determine that I'm already saved by Jesus, no purgatory, no more rosaries, I don't even have to attend a church service, if I have church service - the music would be great and I can buy and drink a Starbucks at the service, no more kneeling all the freaking time, suffering can take a hike, don't have to listen to some Pope on a chair, no more confessing my sins to a Priest, I mean the list can go on and on...

Send me a message Lord so I can do what I want!!!
The Bible talks about those who "bind heavy burdens hard to bear and lay them on men's shoulders; but will not lift them with one of their fingers."

The Bible talks about how the law is "a burden that neither we nor our forefathers were able to bear."

Jesus said, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light."

You would do well to leave the hard yoke of religion by trading it for a relationship with Jesus.

The Lord most often speaks through His people...He has given the Holy Spirit to many who believe in Him...and He speaks through such.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbyrd009

Truth1945

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well having a bible college degree, taking one year of early church history and having teh complete 30 volume works of teh early church Fathers, I know I am not making stuff up!

Constantine deserves to be beaten to death more and more. while it blessed the church in that it allowed it to come out of persecution and to solidify biblical doctrine, it did far more harm than good in that it merged the church with the empire over time and introduced into the church many pagan concepts and practices.

Sorry but that is simply history without revising it to put a happy face on what went on as a result of Constantine.

so all those early Church Fathers that celebrated mass, the holy eucharist, etc... before Constantine wasn't history? ex Ignatius of Antioch (110AD), excommunicating people for the Church because they did not believe in the true presence of Jesus in the holy eucharist, Justin Martyr (155AD) describing mass in detail and the real presence in holy eucharist, etc........

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Already answered that early:

Wow, not one yes for our non catholic christians! I put that out to see how harden your hearts are.

If Jesus came to me in-person and said the Catholic Church is not the Church, just follow your interpretations with the Holy Bible, I would 100% say hell yes!

Then I can set my own rules according to how I interpret the Bible. I wouldn't have to follow the list of mortal sins the Catholic Church has - just look at the list! No more Holy Days of Obligation! I can determine that I'm already saved by Jesus, no purgatory, no more rosaries, I don't even have to attend a church service, if I have church service - the music would be great and I can buy and drink a Starbucks at the service, no more kneeling all the freaking time, suffering can take a hike, don't have to listen to some Pope on a chair, no more confessing my sins to a Priest, I mean the list can go on and on...

so iow "no, i would not, even if Yah Himself came down and told me that," regardless of the other ranting, fine. And it is we who have the hardened hearts, ok. Imo go and kiss the ring, Roman, and may Yah bless you, but wadr "Catholic Christian" is all too obviously an oxymoron
No more Holy Days of Obligation! I can determine that I'm already saved by Jesus, no purgatory, no more rosaries, I don't even have to attend a church service, if I have church service - the music would be great and I can buy and drink a Starbucks at the service, no more kneeling all the freaking time, suffering can take a hike, don't have to listen to some Pope on a chair, no more confessing my sins to a Priest, I mean the list can go on and on...
imo if you read the Bible for yourself you would find that none of those are in It anyway, but i gotta ask once again why are you here, rather than on a Catholic forum, in your own culture?

we're Christians lol, we dont confess our sins to anyone, let alone one to another, and "to a priest" is something your "church" made up, or at least you sure cant Quote that from Scripture, can you

yes, so you are determined to force your way, in disregard of the point, gotcha. Have a good day ok

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
The Bible talks about those who "bind heavy burdens hard to bear and lay them on men's shoulders; but will not lift them with one of their fingers."

The Bible talks about how the law is "a burden that neither we nor our forefathers were able to bear."

Jesus said, "My yoke is easy and my burden is light."

You would do well to leave the hard yoke of religion by trading it for a relationship with Jesus.

The Lord most often speaks through His people...He has given the Holy Spirit to many who believe in Him...and he speaks through such.
^

Truth1945

Sep 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we're Christians lol, we dont confess our sins to anyone, let alone one to another, and "to a priest" is something your "church" made up, or at least you sure cant Quote that from Scripture, can you
Hmmm....
John 20:21-23:

Jesus said to them again, “Peace be with you. As the Father has sent me, even so I send you.” And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, “Receive the Holy Spirit. If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained.”

Is Confession in Scripture?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Because Jesus did not speak those words directly to Paul!!

I see that you ignored all of the scriptures I quoted even though I addressed yours. Hmm

You are welcome to believe everything your church leaders tell you. I will seek the truth in His Word through the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Hopefully, I'll see you in heaven, and we can compare notes there, okay?? :)
I Didn’t ignore “all” (actually ONE) of the passages from Scripture you misquoted. I agreed with it.

You are welcome to believe everything you tell yourself. You THINK it is the truth but even the great Reformer, who allegedly brought Christians back to the Bible, disagrees with you sooooo Hopefully Luther will see you in heaven and you can argue with him kiddo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I Didn’t ignore “all” (actually ONE) of the passages from Scripture you misquoted. I agreed with it.

You are welcome to believe everything you tell yourself.

This is an insult from you, Mary. You have grossly misrepresented what I believe.

I've made it very clear that I believe the Bible and that the Holy Spirit guides us into all truth. This tactic is beneath you.

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which one? Not one. All of them. Each one a little at a time, some more than others, some different from others. But none of them everything at once, but all of them God led away from error and superstition , step by step. Some faltered. Some refused to learn more. They stagnated and fell away. But Protestantism grew. And it continues to grow today, and for those listening, they are growing further and further away from Rome. Each step away from Rome is a step toward truth.
Each step toward Rome is a step toward apotasy.
Hi and thanks for joining the convo. It’s nice to hear others points of view.

Protestantism has grown to the point of approving of abortion and gay marriage. Has Protestantism gone to far? Is that the new truth?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Protestantism has grown to the point of approving of abortion and gay marriage. Has Protestantism gone to far? Is that the new truth?
Protestantism approves of abortion????????????? Come on, Mary, did you take the wrong pill this morning?

Does it not matter to you that you are speaking lies? Should I blame Catholicism for this?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that it is the function of the Holy Spirit to guide those who have Him into all truth. Therefore the promise is to all those who have the Holy Spirit.
Completely and utterly NOT TRUE.

If your theory were true then why did the Holy Spirit “guide those who have Him” away from Luther. And then guide other men away from those men. And then guide more men away from those men into the truth that abortion and gay marriage is ok. Your theory needs more work.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is an insult from you, Mary. You have grossly misrepresented what I believe.

I've made it very clear that I believe the Bible and that the Holy Spirit guides us into all truth. This tactic is beneath you.
Ok....the Holy Spirit has told me YOU are wrong. What now?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Protestantism approves of abortion????????????? Come on, Mary, did you take the wrong pill this morning?

Does it not matter to you that you are speaking lies? Should I blame Catholicism for this?
You are not up to date on what your Protestant friends are teaching? Sad for you

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not up to date on what your Protestant friends are teaching? Sad for you
Should I blame all of Catholicism because many priests have molested children??? Should I misrepresent what the Catholic Church teaches based on the wrongs of some Catholic leaders?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If your theory were true then why did the Holy Spirit “guide those who have Him” away from Luther. And then guide other men away from those men.

I don't know that Luther had every truth in the bag; so if the Holy Spirit led people away from things that Luther said, that were not according to the truth, that would be guiding them into all truth.

And then guide more men away from those men into the truth that abortion and gay marriage is ok.

We can know at the very least that it was not the Holy Spirit who led these men into such reprobate thinking.

Ok....the Holy Spirit has told me YOU are wrong. What now?

The Holy Spirit did not tell you that...but you and I both know that you are saying that to make a point...now isn't that true?

Last edited:
Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last edited:

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

You are being very very selective here. Yes, there are some churches who have compromised in all manner of things. I would not call them Protestant. Protestant is a specific sector of non Catholic Christian faith, and it holds to certain specific tenets... It's a narrow road.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've heard Chinese Christians ask the West not to pray for an end of persecution in China because it keeps them close to the Lord. It may be that persecution also convinces nonbelievers to believe in Jesus when they see His love in the face of so much hatred. I know this is counterintuitive to our western mindsets, but this is what some of them have said.

I made 2 mission trips to china! They pray for us so that materialism will not pollute us! They have their issues to deal with but I love thier heart and humility and desire for the Lord!

Reactions: Prayer Warrior