Writing Contest

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@brakelite So, did you win again?..o_O... :confused::(……:)……I guess I won't hyperventilate and scratch myself off this thread just yet. I will stay as a good Philippian..and...hold the ground.....APAK

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shortly after little Billy fell asleep, he found himself in the forest near a turquoise shack with a mossy roof. The door opened, and out came Gesimo who greeted Billy with a wave of his hand that made Gesimo's body fluoresce. Straight away Billy noticed Gesimo's waving caused the air to become acrid. Billy coughed and ran all the way home. Billy's mama greeted Billy and said, "oh Billy, supper is ready. Sit now and eat your beans". Billy said, "Beans?" "I sure hope they are Green Jack beans and not Gesimo glow and stink beans!" Mama laughed.
The End

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Taken, that's good! But that contest has ended. I think brakelite should have maybe started a new thread for the 2nd contest...less confusing maybe...

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a contest to write a story that must include 3 particular words, which I will give you. The story has to be a micro- mini, which means you may tell the story with no more than 100 words.

The winner will be whoever receives the most likes by...October 15th, 9 pm, EST. This means you need to post your story as quickly as possible.

I would like it if the writers could be anonymous until after the end but I don't think there is a way to do that. Readers, you may only vote like for one story, so don't vote until close to October 15th!

Okay, so you are instantly disqualified if you go one word over the limit of 100 words o r if you don't incorporate these 3 EXACT words into your story: fluoresce, turquoise, acrid.

Sharpen your pencils!

The winner will start the next contest and give any prompts of their choice.

Added my story LATE just for fun.
Revealing a confession....Just saw this post, and besides, I don't have a calendar! LOL

God Bless,
Taken

Reactions: stunnedbygrace

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unless there are any more votes before brake calls it, APAK is the winner and will give the next theme, idea, genre or prompts, along with a word count limit.I

Apak, you should begin a new thread titled Writing Contest #3 or...Flash Fiction Contest #3. Something like that. ☺

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Relist the rules you want, the time the contest ends, that the stories should be sent to you by pm so they are anonymous, and then label them Story #1, Story #2, etc.

that way, entrants won't have to wade through this whole thread to find the next challenge.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The winner of the 2nd competition sets the prompts for the 3rd competition. ☺

B

brakelite

Okay guys. Time is up. Pens down please. ,......................
Your work had been collected
Apprised.... Or is it appraised....
And APAK is declared the winner of round two. Congratulations. Thankyou for all the contributions...all3....
APAK... The floor is yours.

A reminder. All entries to be submitted via private message to this rounds adjudicator, APAK, who will then copy and paste each entry to the public anonymously.

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay guys. Time is up. Pens down please. ,......................
Your work had been collected
Apprised.... Or is it appraised....
And APAK is declared the winner of round two. Congratulations. Thankyou for all the contributions...all3....
APAK... The floor is yours.

A reminder. All entries to be submitted via private message to this rounds adjudicator, APAK, who will then copy and paste each entry to the public anonymously.

Could the OP be updated for each contest to reflect the words to be used and time due?

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hahaha!

Just returned after being away for a time to find my gospel message has been beaten by three horsemen and a fisherman with a pregnant wife! :)

Oh, well!

Last edited: