Y do U believe what U believe, and do U have good reasons 4 those beliefs? - let's find out.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Agape and Phileo are the same. Care to take a test?

Methinks you will find no takers to your "tests" ..O thou who has set yourself up as "The Tester" with the 'right or wrong' buzzer in your hand. :rolleyes:
Sadly for you God already gave out that job to someone else , a long time ago back in The Garden. o_O

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am speaking of the highest form of love- Agape. Jesus asks Peter 3 times if he "agape" loved Him, Peters answered in the Phileo form of the word love, all three times. The last time Jesus asks Peter this question, He asked it in the "phileo form. I know the KJV has changed that to mean the same thing and it is not. Also, NO, I want no test from you, I'd never pass! lol
You don't read koine Greek, and that is easily tested. (PS, Jesus said agape two times, not three, but you wouldn't know that simply parroting someone else).

Moreover, here is a non-Seventh-day Adventist demonstrating from scripture (even the very text you cited) that agape and phileo are the same thing. Are you afraid to look?

If you want to skip the first part, jump straight to the test at Time Index: 48:00 Minutes.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's what I thought.
We do not prove or disprove anything... not in pure science, nor in God's Way... by twisting arms. Perhaps you study the Bible some but apparently you are focused on supporting what you already believe rather than in seeking first His kingdom and His righteousness.

Do you ever just talk to God and ask Him to show you something, anything, that you have not seen before? Do you really believe that He has nothing more good to offer to you? That is the way I see you act... as if you believe you already have it all!

There is not one church or group of people that has every answer to every question, but God does.

I apologize to @brakelite , because I have been turned in a measure against what he supports through no fault of his. Never has his attitude been so poor nor his approach so selfish. You might take a page from his book of charity for your own edification in the things of God. There is more to it than 'good' doctrine. Do you remember how Jesus treated Judas, the man who betrayed him?

Not having a local place now to worship God and fellowship with other people, I do continue to visit church groups as I am led to do so but the SDA which has been in my list of possibles has dropped down toward the bottom. It is not because of you alone, but you certainly have given me no reason why it should be otherwise!

Reactions: Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't read koine Greek, and that is easily tested.

Moreover, here is a non-Seventh-day Adventist demonstrating from scripture (even the very text you cited) that agape and phileo are the same thing. Are you afraid to look?

If you want to skip the first part, jump straight to the test at Time Index: 48:00 Minutes.

Hardly "afraid" to look. I can do the same thing here and find another video to counter this. See how this works? Somebody say's something and you ALWAYS have to one up them. I am not interested in addressing you anymore. You win!!! Yay for you!
I will pray for a little humility to come your way.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hardly "afraid" to look. I can do the same thing here and find another video to counter this. See how this works? ...
Please do. Post it and I will watch and reply to it by time indexes.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hardly "afraid" to look. ...
Words must be in hand with actions. All I hear are 'words', and see no actions corresponding. You stated:

I am speaking of the highest form of love- Agape. Jesus asks Peter 3 times if he "agape" loved Him, Peters answered in the Phileo form of the word love, all three times. ...
Show me in the koine Greek where Jesus said "agape" "three times", I'll wait.

Joh 21:15 οτε ουν ηριστησαν λεγει τω σιμωνι πετρω ο ιησους σιμων ιωνα αγαπας με πλειον τουτων λεγει αυτω ναι κυριε συ οιδας οτι φιλω σε λεγει αυτω βοσκε τα αρνια μου
Joh 21:16 λεγει αυτω παλιν δευτερον σιμων ιωνα αγαπας με λεγει αυτω ναι κυριε συ οιδας οτι φιλω σε λεγει αυτω ποιμαινε τα προβατα μου
Joh 21:17 λεγει αυτω το τριτον σιμων ιωνα φιλεις με ελυπηθη ο πετρος οτι ειπεν αυτω το τριτον φιλεις με και ειπεν αυτω κυριε συ παντα οιδας συ γινωσκεις οτι φιλω σε λεγει αυτω ο ιησους βοσκε τα προβατα μου​

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Methinks you will find no takers to your "tests" ..O thou who has set yourself up as "The Tester" with the 'right or wrong' buzzer in your hand. :rolleyes:
Sadly for you God already gave out that job to someone else , a long time ago back in The Garden. o_O

The Apostle Paul wrote the following verse...

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2

What he lack before he met Jesus on the road to Damascus was charity. He was an intelligent man and he knew the written Bible better than perhaps any other man in his time... but until he met Jesus he did not know God and he was extremely uncharitable. So much for knowledge, even Bible knowledge... without charity!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Apostle Paul wrote the following verse...

"And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing." I Cor 13:2

What he lack before he met Jesus on the road to Damascus was charity. He was an intelligent man and he knew the written Bible better than perhaps any other man in his time... but until he met Jesus he did not know God and he was extremely uncharitable. So much for knowledge, even Bible knowledge... without charity!
Real love:

Rev_3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Lev_19:17 Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.

Lev 19:18 Thou shalt not avenge, nor bear any grudge against the children of thy people, but thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself: I am the LORD.​

Tit 2:4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,

Tit 2:15 These things speak, and exhort, and rebuke with all authority. Let no man despise thee.​

Look up love in connection with "correct[ion]" in scripture, and "chasten[ing]" and "rebuk[ing]" even with all "long suffering".

Pro_18:17 He that is first in his own cause seemeth just; but his neighbour cometh and searcheth him.

Pro 18:13 He that answereth a matter before he heareth it, it is folly and shame unto him.​

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am speaking of the highest form of love- Agape. Jesus asks Peter 3 times if he "agape" loved Him, Peters answered in the Phileo form of the word love, all three times. The last time Jesus asks Peter this question, He asked it in the "phileo form. I know the KJV has changed that to mean the same thing and it is not. Also, NO, I want no test from you, I'd never pass! lol
Nancy, you only need to please God. If you are able to also please others that may be good, don't compromise what you do for God because of man.

On this thread are man traps. Beware!

Reactions: Nancy

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...On this thread are man traps. Beware!
Indeed, and dug by your own selves, and so you shall fall into those pits you yourselves have dug. I gave you warning elder brother, in love.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't read koine Greek, and that is easily tested. (PS, Jesus said agape two times, not three, but you wouldn't know that simply parroting someone else).

As a PS to this, sister Nancy, I used to believe like you (agape, etc, and even heard two sermons, both very similar (obviously copied from somewhere else and snuck in as their own work)), and merely parroted what others told me, that is until someone loved me enough to correct me and show me where I erred. Humility was in accepting that which was true and acknowledging my error. Will you reject the messenger which is an 'ass' (Numbers 22:28)?

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
@brakelite , @Phoneman777 etc etc...

I am out of this thread now.

Just wanted to say I am sorry things ended like this.
No doubt you have to be supportive of all this stuff.

This person has done your cause no favours ...
I had no beef with the Calvinists on this Site ...I didn't really know what they believed ...I am nondenominational dividing lines are what Satan likes. It was only when we had those 4 Calvinist bully-boys who attacked everyone , rude to everyone ...and showed us that only Calvinists are saved, that I found out then that I did not like Calvinists. lol

Now with this thread ( remembering how dominant and arrogant HolyBookEnds was) ...and now this one here... :rolleyes:

I hope you see how pushing a doctrine at people and trying to prove them wrong is a killer to any "truth" that may have been being shown to others if indeed there was any.

This leaves a sour taste in my mouth where SDA are concerned.
I hope the majority of your people there in Kiwi land and Oz are not like this one here. :oops:
In my view he/she has greatly let your side down and done your cause a damage . Just my opinion.

Bless you brother. ...H

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sure does. Look out brother, for in falling at your age, it might cause a 'break'.
Do you never look at yourself in the mirror? Do you not realize how ugly Saul of Tarsis was before he met Jesus? You have so much knowledge which you use to attack people with your sarcasm and barbs. Do you really believe that God is not watching you as well as the rest of us? What does He see in your heart? I know that if you stand by your record thus far on this thread you will want to insult me as well as show off your 'great' knowledge, but would not we all really love to be surprised to see you turn around instead?

I am praying for you right now!

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope you see how pushing a doctrine at people
The purpose of this thread was stated in the OP. To test everyone's belief by scripture, and that includes (present tense) mine own, as has been done in this very thread. So I am not pushing "a doctrine". The thread is testing all doctrines. Some people just don't want theirs openly tested.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you ever just talk to God and ask Him to show you something, anything, that you have not seen before?
This is a good question. Yes, and sometimes it was answered immediately and sometimes it took two years with continual prayer, asking and personal searching His word, and none of it contradicts the previous word (Isaiah 8:20). There are also times when I never asked and He showed me somethings, from the word, that nearly caused me to fall out of my chair (as Paul would say, "I lie not."), a surprise gift if you will. I immediately shared what was given from Heaven, confirmed by the word.

Reactions: amadeus

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is not one church or group of people that has every answer to every question, but God does.
Do you believe there is a single group of people that are the pillar and ground of truth, an organized and visible body on earth that represents Jesus Christ, and has proper leadership in council and continue in the apostles doctrine, which is Christ's doctrine, in every nation, keeping God's commandments, and having the faith and testimony of Jesus?

Act 15:2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.

Act 15:6 And the apostles and elders came together for to consider of this matter.

Act_2:42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Rev 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Rev 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Rev 14:12 Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.​

1Ti_3:15 But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.​

If you do, where is that visible body, and what is it's name? For there is "one faith" and not many, and then let us test it by the written word:

Eph_4:5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism,​

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why?

Now you are trying to bring something precious of The Holy Spirit down to earthly rules and dissect it with mans intellect.
I too , along with @amadeus , and many others on this forum 'speak with other tongues' in a prayer and worship language.

I can type 60 wpm in tongues...heeheehee!

Reactions: Nancy and shnarkle