Y do U believe what U believe, and do U have good reasons 4 those beliefs? - let's find out.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are so concerned... but for what reason?
Read the OP again. My intent is not harrassment, nor condemnation of persons. It is to test the belief (doctrines, practices, etc) by scripture.

I believe in the God who I encountered as a child of 6 years in the Catholic Church more than 70 years ago.
Who is that "God"? What is God's name? For to say that they know "God" is to understand His character, of which God's name sums up. See Exodus 33:12-23, 34:1-9, 20:5-7.

I have gotten to know Him a lot better than I did then. I continue to move and to be moved closer to Him. This is the secret, to not remain still and stagnate.
The Bible shows for Him many different names
God stated God's own name in Exodus 20. We are not speaking about Emmanuel, or Joshua, or David, or Solomon, or Israel or Levi, or Michael, etc as also designated.

for different reasons and situations, but rather than simply knowing a name pronounceable with human mouths and lips and tongues, I have been IN His name. I would that I was always IN His name so as always to be safe. That is my direction! When I have overcome all the world as Jesus did, I will no longer be in the world as Jesus was no longer in the world prior to going to the cross... When I am no longer in the world, then I will always be IN his name, will I not?
"And now I am no more in the world, but these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep through thine own name those whom thou hast given me, that they may be one, as we are." John 17:11

"Our help is in the name of the LORD, who made heaven and earth." Psalm 124:8

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." Prov 18:10

"And the Gentiles shall see thy righteousness, and all kings thy glory: and thou shalt be called by a new name, which the mouth of the LORD shall name." Isaiah 62:2

"Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name." Rev 3:12
You quote the passages which say, "LORD", which is JEHOVAH (YHVH). Therefore, do you accept this as God's name, yes or no?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes!

I had never heard her name before reading about her on one of these forums some years ago. Why would I look deeper into Joseph Smith?
You are commanded in scripture to "prove all things" and "despise not prophesyings", and that the "spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets":

1Th 5:19 Quench not the Spirit.
1Th 5:20 Despise not prophesyings.
1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

1Co 14:31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
1Co 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

You are to test 'JS' as readily as 'Ellen G White', and others. You are commanded to do so, so that you might know whether they are of God or not, for certain, and not in uncertainty.

Why would I look deeper into Pope Francis?
You are to test:

Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

Why would I look deeper into the pastor of the largest Baptist Church in New York City?
You are to test.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

You say "look deeper", means you looked somewhat. Did you find them in harmony with scripture, yes or no? If not, reject, but if so, continue to test and accept that which is from God.

So the question, again, did you test sister Ellen G White, and if so, what was the test, and what did you compare to in scripture. The purpose of this thread is to see if your belief had good reasons (for accepting or rejecting).

I have looked deeper into my own pastor, because he was my pastor... but even that through the lens of the Holy Spirit. Am I being led by the Holy Spirit or some person?
A 'pastor' is to be tested like any other. Yet a 'pastor' is not necessarily a 'prophet', are they?

Eph_4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you but as I recently told another person here, not of the SDA persuasion, my wife sees to my health insofar of natural food is concerned and I pray with God. I trust my wife as my other half after 47 years. Yes, we are to be good stewards over all that God has provided, but that part of the stewardship while she remains as my spouse is given to her. I also pray for her for God to keep His hand on her so that she will also be where He wants her to be doing what He wants her to do.

"... and Mary hath chosen that good part, which shall not be taken away from her." Luke 10:42
Show her the video then. Be careful on trusting in human flesh with your health. Trust God's plan wholly. Many live in ignorance, even though they are nurses, doctors or caretakers. Yes, prayer is needful, but not the only. A person can pray all day over pork, and it will never make it not unclean or abomination, or unhealthy when digested.

Adam trusted in what Eve (his wife and helpmeet) offered for food, inspite of the command of God contrary that it was not good for food.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which one?, What is God's name that you believe in? For scripture says:

1Co_8:5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)

Then you believe God inspired the writers with God's name as being? What of the Ten Commandments itself where God spake aloud God's own name in glory and majesty and power surroudned by ten thousand time ten thousand and thousand of holy angels from Heaven?

I am not condemning anyone, I am simply pointing out the nebulous position you continually take. it isn't caution, it is fear.

God still working, does not say anything about the truths which God has clearly given to us, which we may boldly stand upon.

Deu_29:29 The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever, that we may do all the words of this law.
I know God and yet you ask me if He is the True God. I cannot prove that to you nor do I need to... That part is not just belief on my part. I know that I know God! You don't believe that? There is nothing I can say to change your mind. Again, only God gives any real increase!

Sometimes it seems to me that you are both blind and deaf to what I say. Because you do not understand you call my position, nebulous. You say you are not condemning me, but when my understanding disagrees with yours why not simply leave it at that rather than apply your adjective to it?

You are not checking me by the Holy Spirit in you, but rather it seems against a black and white rule book. I don't have a rule book like that when I am walking in His Spirit. Because I say that sometimes I miss Him or I have doubts or questions you say I have a nebulous position. I would rather be that than frozen in place by rigid rule book that Peter already said in the Bible could not be borne...

"Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" Acts 15:10

Our rule book needs to be written in our hearts by the Holy Ghost...

This forum has many people who call the Catholics names, and the JW's names, and the tongue talkers names, and the Mormons names and, yes, the Seventh Day Adventists names. All of those name callers believe they are right as you believe you are right. If you want to make this into a one sided sermon, we need to end it. If you only want to teach and not discuss, you need to talk to someone else.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confused. You continually refer to what "I think" something means. This is counter to what I have continually stated, and it is insulting because it simply rejects what I have stated, and you substitute what I have not stated as defining my position. What "I think" is irrelevant. God's word defines itself, Genesis 40:8; 2 Peter 1:20, etc. I have no say in any definition. The 7th Day is the 7th day (Genesis 2:1-3; Exodus 20:8-11; Isaiah 58:13; Mark 2:27-28, etc), and if a person is not keeping that Holy as God expressly, plainly commanded, then they are not keeping the commandment, nor the day Holy, but do their own thing, and have a law of their own, their own 'truth' apart from God, being self-righteous. God's definition (see texts cited) is the standard, not I.
I sorry if I have unnecessarily insulted you. I admit that I do not remember many things. One of the reasons that I usually avoid long posts is because I often cannot get a handle so much stuff altogether, but it seems that you expect me to remember all that you believe. You have asked me on another post to find the previous post I made on this thread for your benefit explaining the answer to another one of your questions. You are able to find as easily, perhaps more so than I. Now you are preaching at me again rather than discussing.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I embrace and love the Word of God, which is Jesus.
Do you acknowledge the word of God, the scripture also? Everytime I bring up the "word of God" (scripture), you say "Word of God" (Jesus). The two are not the same. The latter is the Person and the former the written image of said Person.

You apparently love Jesus
I love Jesus (period), scripturally speaking:

Joh 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.
, but please do not try to tell me what I need to know or to embrace as if you knew my heart.
You are confused, as I did no such thing.

God does know my heart as He knows every heart.
I asked you to name this "God", and you have not yet.

Ultimately only He may lead us correctly.
Not in question. Differing subject.

For this reason He sent His Son
Not in question. Differing subject.

and He sent the Holy Ghost.
And yet what you just told me of what you believed of the Holy Ghost needs to be discussed, as what you stated is a heresy of belief (not because I said so, but because of scriptural definition).

I am one of His sheep:
I do not question this so far as you have stated. I only question some of your belief, see as mentioned above (Holy Ghost/Spirit).

"And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice." John 10:4
The confusion that people have comes from within themselves when they listen to the 'old man' within still seeking to regain his dominion and/or it comes from others who speak also NOT from God.
There are not merely internal influence, but also external, which leads me to ask another question. Do you believe in a physical devil, a real person of being called 'satan'?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are commanded in scripture to "prove all things" and "despise not prophesyings", and that the "spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets":

1Th 5:19 Quench not the Spirit.
1Th 5:20 Despise not prophesyings.
1Th 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

1Co 14:31 For ye may all prophesy one by one, that all may learn, and all may be comforted.
1Co 14:32 And the spirits of the prophets are subject to the prophets.

You are to test 'JS' as readily as 'Ellen G White', and others. You are commanded to do so, so that you might know whether they are of God or not, for certain, and not in uncertainty.

You are to test:

Act 17:11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

You are to test.

Isa 8:20 To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

You say "look deeper", means you looked somewhat. Did you find them in harmony with scripture, yes or no? If not, reject, but if so, continue to test and accept that which is from God.

So the question, again, did you test sister Ellen G White, and if so, what was the test, and what did you compare to in scripture. The purpose of this thread is to see if your belief had good reasons (for accepting or rejecting).

A 'pastor' is to be tested like any other. Yet a 'pastor' is not necessarily a 'prophet', are they?

Eph_4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
I prove the things before God... not before you, my friend. There 7 billion, or is it now 8 billion, people in the world. I do not test where each one of them is in God. Neither do I need to prove a person because you or my next door neighbor says that I need to.. That is not what God meant and it is not how He works. No more details on what I believe now because you really don't want to discuss as I have now seen. You want to proselytize or to win an argument or some combination thereof. Your spirit has caused me to turn from you. I wish that were not so. You need to find His Spirit when you discuss things with people who disagree with you. It does work a whole lot better.

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.

You are speaking of fear of man.
In part.

I am speaking of communication. People have changed the meaning of words.
Not in question, even as I so stated previously.

Would it help a native Californian who only speak English for me to testify to him in Spanish?
What does that have to do with the previous?

Perhaps we are not communicating so well here.
Yes, I am clear, you are being not so clear. I give clear statements and you say, "Likely ...", "no simple answer", "could be problematic", and so on.

If you want to discuss this, I am willing, but please do not presume I don't know anything about God the things of God.
You are presuming something of me which I do not presume about you.

I don't know, but I also have never any human being that did. The only one I always trust to be right is God. He alone knows me better that I know me.
The point of my questions earlier was to understand the name of the "God" you trust. See it is simple for me, God's name is JEHOVAH (even as Jesus, means JEHOVAH is my salvation). What is the name of the "God" you trust? It was a simple question, and yet you (not I) have made it entirely complicated.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ReChoired
I have not answered all of your questions, nor will I now for both your purpose and your method is wrong. You are not the worst I have met on forums like this, but neither are you the best. All of us have been wrong and all of us who are still on the pathway still are wrong in some measure or we would already be overcomers and would no longer be facing the temptations which might lead us to sin. I know you don't agree with me or understand me, but neither are you willing to listen... Not on anything you have decided is an Absolute Truth. Our friend, @bbyrd009 could tell you something about taking hold of beliefs and calling them ATs.

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't have a rule book like that when I am walking in His Spirit.
Which is what I have suspected about your beliefs. This answer confirms it (and is as 'LDS, Mormon', 'Pentecostal', 'word of Faith', etc as it gets).

Scripture says:

Joh_16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh_16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh_12:48 He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.

Joh_17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
The Holy Ghost points to the scripture, by which all things are tested, even the Holy Spirit.

1Jn_4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.​

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would rather be that than frozen in place by rigid rule book that Peter already said in the Bible could not be borne...
That is a confusion (and even "wrest[ing]") of what Peter said, and even to the position upon which Seventh-day Adventists stand. We are not speaking about justification by rules.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For discussion, I will add a 25th point. I believe in a real physical being, who is a tangible person, called "the devil", aka satan, dragon, lucifer, old serpent, etc. Such being is not intangible, immaterial, non-corporeal, nor imaginary, nor a metaphor or figure of speech. This being is a fallen (sinful) angel, who was once the highest among God's created angelic hosts, as the anointed cherub who covered the throne of God itself.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That should keep you debating until the end.

I recommend not getting set in [your] ways, and not latching onto things along the path (as you have in your list above), but rather to where they lead ("Seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these will be added unto you", not your list above, but just those things which He would list).
The list is a fruit, not a root. Thank you, but please stop misrepresenting me.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a confusion (and even "wrest[ing]") of what Peter said, and even to the position upon which Seventh-day Adventists stand. We are not speaking about justification by rules.
No more one sided discussions, my friend! You believe you are right and I like everyone else believe that I am right. The truth is that God alone is always right. Until we have all that He has, we need to approach one another as if the other guy was God. Are we Job wanting to reason with God for a while to make Him understand better how things are?

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No more one sided discussions, my friend! You believe you are right and I like everyone else believe that I am right. The truth is that God alone is always right. Until we have all that He has, we need to approach one another as if the other guy was God. Are we Job wanting to reason with God for a while to make Him understand better how things are?
I do desire you to make up your mind, and be settled, for we are either going to continue, or to cease. Which is it?

You do not have an objective standard to test all things (black and white), but rather have a subjective, internal one of mere feeling, emotion (what you call the Holy Spirit). It is impossible to discuss truth with such a person, for such person's truth is never objective, never static, never foundationally solid, but is an ever shifting field of sands, as the Sahara, and changes constantly, and can never be pinned to objectivity. It is always right, until it decides it is in error by its deciding it is in error (which in itself it claims it is right in so doing), and not by any objective standard.

Thank you for the time you have given.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I know God and yet you ask me if He is the True God. I cannot prove that to you nor do I need to... That part is not just belief on my part. I know that I know God! You don't believe that? There is nothing I can say to change your mind. Again, only God gives any real increase!

Sometimes it seems to me that you are both blind and deaf to what I say. Because you do not understand you call my position, nebulous. You say you are not condemning me, but when my understanding disagrees with yours why not simply leave it at that rather than apply your adjective to it?

You are not checking me by the Holy Spirit in you, but rather it seems against a black and white rule book. I don't have a rule book like that when I am walking in His Spirit. Because I say that sometimes I miss Him or I have doubts or questions you say I have a nebulous position. I would rather be that than frozen in place by rigid rule book that Peter already said in the Bible could not be borne...

"Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?" Acts 15:10

Our rule book needs to be written in our hearts by the Holy Ghost...

This forum has many people who call the Catholics names, and the JW's names, and the tongue talkers names, and the Mormons names and, yes, the Seventh Day Adventists names. All of those name callers believe they are right as you believe you are right. If you want to make this into a one sided sermon, we need to end it. If you only want to teach and not discuss, you need to talk to someone else.

I have to give this post a two thumbs up John.
Thumb.gif Thumb.gif

Having read along with the posts, I too was sadly getting the impression (and I said it early on in a thread somewhere...I "think" it was this thread.)
When the spirit of "I am right and you are wrong" raises its head...the word discussion goes out of the window. And it becomes a case of I have a right to challenge your beliefs because mine are correct and yours arn't.
It becomes a 'one-up-manship'...and sadly ruins everything. :(

Attachments

• Thumb.gif
    Thumb.gif
    472 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do desire you to make up your mind, and be settled, for we are either going to continue, or to cease. Which is it?

You do not have an objective standard to test all things (black and white), but rather have a subjective, internal one of mere feeling, emotion (what you call the Holy Spirit). It is impossible to discuss truth with such a person, for such person's truth is never objective, never static, never foundationally solid, but is an ever shifting field of sands, as the Sahara, and changes constantly, and can never be pinned to objectivity. It is always right, until it decides it is in error by its deciding it is in error (which in itself it claims it is right in so doing), and not by any objective standard.

Thank you for the time you have given.
God is absolute, but none of us are absolute. At our best we are moving toward Him. The limit is always in us. You say I am too subjective and must be objective. In the things of God we cannot be objective and approach Him. That is man's way. We need to learn God's Way.

Reactions: Helen