Y do U believe what U believe, and do U have good reasons 4 those beliefs? - let's find out.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is absolute, but none of us are absolute.
Not in question, not the subject.

At our best we are moving toward Him.

The limit is always in us.

You say I am too subjective and must be objective.
Not what I said at all. I did not say you were "too subjective". I stated that your 'standards' are plainly, absolutely "subjective". it is simply a matter of reading what I said, not what I did not say.

In the things of God we cannot be objective and approach Him. That is man's way.
This is the kind of non-clarity I spoke of earlier about your responses. Do you objectively believe in God to approach God?

We need to learn God's Way.
Not in question, not the subject. (PS, see Psalms 77:13, in connection with John 14:6)

You claim to be walking in the Spirit (Holy Ghost). How do you know it is the Holy Ghost, and not another claiming to be the Holy Ghost? By what standard did you test? Be specific.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the spirit of "I am right and you are wrong" raises its head.
This is an incorrect representation of what is taking place. God is right. Paul and scripture is clear about that. I do not claim to be any more "right" than what God states is "right" in scripture, for it is not my duty ever to define what is right, but rather to simply "Amen" that which is right, as defined by God. I am not the standard and do not test anyone by myself as that standard. The word of God is the standard by which all (myself included) are judged.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God is right. Paul and scripture is clear about that. I do not claim to be any more "right" than what God states is "right" in scripture, for it is not my duty ever to define what is right, but rather to simply "Amen" that which is right, as defined by God. I am not the standard and do not test anyone by myself as that standard. The word of God is the standard by which all (myself included) are judged.

That sounds very noble....but it is a hollow argument, always is and always has been.

We all agree that God is 'right'.

I quote you < I do not claim to be any more "right" than what God states is "right" in scripture, for it is not my duty ever to define what is right, but rather to simply "Amen" that which is right,..>

What you miss here is that we all interpret what we each believe God is saying though our own filter system.
You say "God is right" what you mean is "God is right and I have interpreted this rightness correctly. "

What makes YOUR interpretation right, and @amadesus interpretation wrong? You do!!!! :D

( This goes for us all. )

Bless you anyway.

Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
@ReChoired
I have not answered all of your questions, nor will I now for both your purpose and your method is wrong. You are not the worst I have met on forums like this, but neither are you the best. All of us have been wrong and all of us who are still on the pathway still are wrong in some measure or we would already be overcomers and would no longer be facing the temptations which might lead us to sin. I know you don't agree with me or understand me, but neither are you willing to listen... Not on anything you have decided is an Absolute Truth. Our friend, @bbyrd009 could tell you something about taking hold of beliefs and calling them ATs.
ah no bro no one can tell her anything right now sry
she would have to lay a fleece, and might get what Frank got, beware iow

Reactions: amadeus

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The list is a fruit, not a root. Thank you, but please stop misrepresenting me.
If you continue to glorify the "fruit" as your focus, don't be surprised if I continue to call you on it.

I also recommend you "stop misrepresenting" the proper order of things.

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you miss here is that we all interpret
And I tell you, No, that is not what I do. Yet you have to re-define my position, so that it appears that your faulty argument is correct, when it is merely the strawman of a position, which was never held by myself in this entire thread. God interprets God (Genesis 40:8; 2 Peter 1:20, etc). I simply Amen what God said (and how is this known, by testing it against God's word, simple, the entire point of this thread). God is the reality, God the standard. I am to merely be a mirror that reflects that standard, not that the mirror is the standard. For instance, were God to hold in His hand a stick, and God defines that stick to be the measurement of a foot, and God defines that the measurement is 12 inches. The mirror's function is to merely "Amen", 'reflect' that which God shows as standard. Even when the mirror is perfectly reflecting the standard in God's hand, it is never the standard, only the reflection of it. Any mirror which reflects anything other than the standard as set by God is a mirror in a fun-house, a distortion to truth, a warping of the standard, and not its 'Amen'.

You continually say, "we all interpret", and I am here to tell you, Not so. No one has that right but God and it is in His written word, the Bible (KJB).

Last edited:

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You say "God is right" what you mean is "God is right and I have interpreted this rightness correctly. "
That is precisely what I do not mean, for you continually have to place strawmen upon the field, as if it were my position and assault it. God is right, whether I exist or not, whether what I have stated is correct or not, whether I acknowledge it or not. Truth exists eternally, objectively, independent of mankind.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would be interested in understanding how you "abstain from the above mentioned (other than sexual immorality, of course). What is your understanding/meaning? Thank you.

I just think there is some spirit of these commands that I can't see. I wish I could!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ReChoired
amadeus said:
In the things of God we cannot be objective and approach Him. That is man's way.
This is the kind of non-clarity I spoke of earlier about your responses. Do you objectively believe in God to approach God?
The difficulty you have with my responses is that you ask your questions and expect any answers according your own established set of rules.

amadeus said:
We need to learn God's Way.
Not in question, not the subject. (PS, see Psalms 77:13, in connection with John 14:6)

You claim to be walking in the Spirit (Holy Ghost). How do you know it is the Holy Ghost, and not another claiming to be the Holy Ghost? By what standard did you test? Be specific.
My friend, I could write a book and effectively have already done so on the all, or nearly all, of the subjects you say you want to discuss. But as long as everything must be done according to your rule book... including my answers, much of it could be a waste of time since you still have the wrong ultimate purpose.

You ask me about the Holy Ghost, but if any answer I give varies from what you consider correct, I guess you will express your doubts and try to correct me. I put everything before God each morning and sometimes later during the day. That my communication really is with God I really do not doubt at all, but even that I put before Him. You are unable to see what is in my heart so you think you need to ask a lot of your standardized questions. You want everything in black and white. You want a sign. Take then the sign of Jonah which Jesus gave to the Pharisees of His day if you will. The proof of it is in me and in God. My testimonies are my proof. Many of them have been given here on this forum over the years I have been here. I won't testify simply to see if I meet with your approval. God is the only One who needs to approve. But... I will give an inkling.

Simply every morning I talk/pray with/to God before and during my readings and studies in my Bibles. Back in 1976 He gave me a prayer language which I use daily as well as talking to Him in English and two other human languages. I use what He has given me. Is that not what Jesus told us to do? [Luke 12:48] What kind of stewards are we?

He also speaks to me as He will when He will. I try to always pay attention so I can always follow His lead.

Reactions: Nancy and Helen

ReChoired

Nov 26, 2019
Region
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Back in 1976 He gave me a prayer language which I use daily
Please type some of it here, and I want to take it to someone who can translate it. All language has syntax, structure, format, verbs, nouns, pronouns, adjectives, subject and predicates, as well as numbers, and so on. So, when you type out such an prayer here in the "prayer language" (not the English), point out each of the words as such in brackets as to what they are (V, N, Pn, A, S, P, Num).

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You continually say, "we all interpret", and I am here to tell you, Not so. No one has that right but God and it is in His written word, the Bible (KJB).

I guess we just have to drop it...we wont agree.

You have not "heard" @amadeus ...
And you obviously can't hear me either...or, probably anyone else outside your SDA.

My dad used to always be quoting- " A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still. "

We obviously believe very differently ...you have proved that you are on this site to 'show those' who are not SDA how wrong we are.
We've had "you" here before, and we will still be hear after - Happily we have SDA members who seem to understand what becoming a member of a Site means. Being a part of , they seem well able to 'just discuss' things of the Lord without having to show others how wrong they are.
You can say as much as you like that this is not what you do...but it sure sounded like it reading your responses to Amadeus and to others here.

The thing is..using @amadeus again as an illustration,( but it goes for many others too. )

He and I don't see eye to eye on everything. Some things we agree and some things we do not.
I am OSAS , he is not.
He doesn't believe "Trinity" I do.
He believes that he has to fight the daily battle to die to the old man . I don't.
I believe that I fight the daily battle of believing that my old man was crucified with Christ ..." awaking to righteousness and sinning not."
Etc etc

Yet in the various discussion threads we aren't continually trying to prove each other wrong.
We agree where we do agree, and we don't sweat it where we don't agree. We allow each other space.

I have known this man for almost two decades now... I have read miles of his posts. I think we met around '98 or '99 on a good forum now long years disbanded.
Even though we are not eye to eye on some beliefs ..but where it does matter we are joined together in the Lord.
When the chips are down it is the Amadeus's of God kingdom that I would want and trust at my back.

Setting yourself as judge of everyone else's beliefs robs you of being open to maybe hear from someone else.
As much as you seem to believe it so...you do not have 'all the truth.'
That is why God set us in a Body, not one individual has it all....but together, with the Head, we know all things.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please type some of it here, and I want to take it to someone who can translate it. All language has syntax, structure, format, verbs, nouns, pronouns, adjectives, subject and predicates, as well as numbers, and so on. So, when you type out such an prayer here in the "prayer language" (not the English), point out each of the words as such in brackets as to what they are (V, N, Pn, A, S, P, Num).

Why?

Now you are trying to bring something precious of The Holy Spirit down to earthly rules and dissect it with mans intellect.
I too , along with @amadeus , and many others on this forum 'speak with other tongues' in a prayer and worship language.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Absolutely not! I studied languages in college myself and understand what they may think they are finding. Many do the same thing with the Bible! Do you trust God for anything? I mean, really? Don't say this is different! You know the Bible well enough that you should know better than that.

"Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Prov 3:5-6

You want someone to use man's ways to test God's? Copy one of the parables of Jesus and take that to them and see what translation they get from that!

Reactions: Nancy

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That's what I thought.

King Hezekiah had his life cut short because he "showed" the precious vessels of God to visitors. God judged him.

I have never in all my 54 years walking with the Lord heard such a request. Shame on you for asking it of @amadeus .
thumbdown[1].gif

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@ReChoired
I have not answered all of your questions, nor will I now for both your purpose and your method is wrong. You are not the worst I have met on forums like this, but neither are you the best. All of us have been wrong and all of us who are still on the pathway still are wrong in some measure or we would already be overcomers and would no longer be facing the temptations which might lead us to sin. I know you don't agree with me or understand me, but neither are you willing to listen... Not on anything you have decided is an Absolute Truth. Our friend, @bbyrd009 could tell you something about taking hold of beliefs and calling them ATs.

True humility and Agape love has left the building, John. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Don't get your BP up.... xo

Reactions: amadeus

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agape and Phileo are the same. Care to take a test?

I am speaking of the highest form of love- Agape. Jesus asks Peter 3 times if he "agape" loved Him, Peters answered in the Phileo form of the word love, all three times. The last time Jesus asks Peter this question, He asked it in the "phileo form. I know the KJV has changed that to mean the same thing and it is not. Also, NO, I want no test from you, I'd never pass! lol

Reactions: amadeus and Helen