You read KJV that fine!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ButterflyJones

Feb 19, 2023
USA
youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for posting this. It is a very interesting video and shows how the KJV is just a translation, and not the most accurate one.
It also speaks of how the Trinity entered the KJV. And refers to Revelation 22:19
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Rather than "book'' it should read tree.

I was raised with the KJV as a family Bible. I enjoy it. Dr. Wallace is an excellent professor none the less.

Dr. Daniel Wallace Top 5 English Bible Translations

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It also speaks of how the Trinity entered the KJV. And refers to Revelation 22:19
19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Rather than "book'' it should read tree.

I was raised with the KJV as a family Bible. I enjoy it. Dr. Wallace is an excellent professor none the less.

Dr. Daniel Wallace Top 5 English Bible Translations
Very interesting interview! Dr. Wallace clearly knows what he is talking about.

Reactions: ButterflyJones

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
No animosity here.

But can you please tell the other side to stop slandering the KJV?

Thanks!
Don't you feel that, just as Paul stated, 'For the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles through you, as it is written,' you too may be engaging in similar behavior?

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
So you justify the slandering then.

Great. :hmhehm

When did elevating any translation of the Holy Bible become slander worthy?
Have you considered switching the positions of the KJV and NIV versions? If they raise the NIV, then they will naturally lower the KJV. It's the same situation for what you're doing, can't you see that?

Reactions: Jim B

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
By the way, I am also using the KJV when attempting to uncover mysteries and other versions simply for the purpose of relaxation.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some people have clearly made the King James translation into an idol to be worshiped. It is nothing but an English translation! The archaic Englyshe makes it seem "holy", but neither ancient Hebrew, Aramaic (Jesus language), or Koine Greek have the aura of "holiness".

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The KJV is very flawed. Invest 30 minutes in this video and you'll understand the need to double-check its translations with a correctly translated Bible such as Young's Literal Translation.

Thanks, Patrick. Great video.
I love the intro where he drives to Hell, Michigan. (not what he expected - LOL)
But he's right. Most Christians don't know what the _____ (fill in the blank) it is about.

Need to finish the video and what else this character is up to.
Might be worth a topic? (go ahead)

New topic to check out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Patrick1966

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The KJV is very flawed. Invest 30 minutes in this video and you'll understand the need to double-check its translations with a correctly translated Bible such as Young's Literal Translation.

There is no basis at all for saying that Young's Literal Translation is correctly translated. What does "correctly translated" even mean?

Clearly you lack understanding of the art/science of Biblical translation.

a) They are many differences between the source languages -- ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, and Koine Greek -- and English: vocabulary, verb tenses, idioms, etc. -- so a "literal" translation is impossible.
b) There is no single set of complete Bible source documents. There are numerous documents from a variety of sources, and they conflict with each other. An important part of the art/science of Biblical translation is textual criticism. (If you don't understand the term, look it up.)
c) Another important part is the accurate conversion of the text into English. Since there is no one-to-one correspondence between the source languages and destination language, part of the art of translation is deciding how to render the vocabulary and meaning into English (in this case) to maintain the author's words and message accurately, i.e., what the words meant to the original hearers.

Young's "literal" translation is simply one man's effort. Nothing more.

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To most, it would mean that it aligns with your man-made doctrines.
cc: @Patrick1966
LOL!!! "Correctly translated" is a meaningless term. There is no one-to-one, direct translation from ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, or Koine Greek into any form of English, early Englyshe (like the KJV) or modern English. Saying something as absurd as " it would mean that it aligns with your man-made doctrines" is mean-spirited nonsense.

Reactions: St. SteVen

St. SteVen

Feb 5, 2023
Minneapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL!!! "Correctly translated" is a meaningless term. There is no one-to-one, direct translation from ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, or Koine Greek into any form of English, early Englyshe (like the KJV) or modern English. Saying something as absurd as " it would mean that it aligns with your man-made doctrines" is mean-spirited nonsense.
Mean-spirited nonsense? Not at all, my good fellow.
That's exactly how most pick their favorite translation. It aligns with their doctrine.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Is there another way?

If none of our translations are correct, where does that leave you?

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mean-spirited nonsense? Not at all, my good fellow.
That's exactly how most pick their favorite translation. It aligns with their doctrine.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Is there another way?

If none of our translations are correct, where does that leave you?
One can choose a particular translation because they believe that it most correctly communicates God's word. Choosing it because it aligns with their doctrine is a poor reason. All reasonable translations communicate the same doctrine.

And how can any translation be "correct"? That is meaningless. => There is no one-to-one correspondence between ancient Hebrew, Aramaic, or Greek and English. <= The characters used, the vocabulary, the verb tenses, the idioms, etc. are all different, so a "correct" translation is impossible. Translators have a goal and a translation philosophy that guides the process, and the finished work is the result.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Don't force people read KJV!
Isn’t that a totally silly statement ?

who on earth can “force” anyone to do anything …let alone dictate which Bible someone reads!
it sounds very childish to me….

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you reject Young's Literal Translation then? What could be more "literal"?
Robert Young entitling his translation "Young's Literal Translation" doesn't make it a literal translation. It attempts to preserve the tense and word usage as found in the original Greek and Hebrew writings, but there is no direct correspondence to English. He produced a "Revised Version" of his translation in 1887 and a new Revised Edition was released in1898, ten years after his death. So, which one is the "literal translation"?

Here, for example is Genesis 1:1-3, "In the beginning of God's preparing the heavens and the earth—the earth hath existed waste and void, and darkness on the face of the deep, and the Spirit of God fluttering on the face of the waters, and God saith, 'Let light be;' and light is."