Your Calling And Election!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28.

When you look at your gifts and calling - scripture says to make sure you're calling and election. I didn't really understand that for years, and when I felt I was to do something for God in ministry.. I could just feel it. I had a desire so to say. But what has come to me through the years is the calling. What is the calling? Most feel like God is calling them to do something to further the kingdom and perform some kind of help for humanity. Alot of good things come from men and women who feel like they are called. Missionary journeys and men and women working here and abroad to do a necessary work for God - I'm envious at times to see how some impact the world. Alot of great men and woman of God who truly care and do what they can to help humanity - a glorious thing to do for a suffering people.

In our text verse you can see the calling of God is 'according' to His purpose. Those are the words to be underlined. Now we do ourselves justice to take a long look in your study time at 'the calling of God.' Called according to His purpose. That brought me to another factor - I needed to know what the purpose of God was. Can you see how it all loops together to give the understanding of God for all things. According to scripture all things work for good if you love God.

What is that? my take is if you don't love God then you will not know how the world works, and it works against you - If you love God he will teach you how the world works and it's purpose in the plan of God!

What does that mean for humanity in general? it means all you will ever see is 'good and evil.' When some tragedy happens you cannot understand how the world works and what is built into the world and creation. What some people have is a "if good things are happening it's God, and the bad things that happen is the devil."

I know I do that sometimes when things are not going right, I start thinking 'ok what did you do.' You will have to reel your mind in at times it loves to play games - hence the knowing of the purpose of God. Understanding creation and as we have said so many times 'the schoolhouse.' The world is a schoolhouse! The world is the father's schoolhouse where he can train his son's and daughter's, those that love him.

If you are having trouble in this world like we all do - I say fall in love with God, fall in love with your father, fall in love with Jesus Christ who is in you, love the Holy Spirit and what he does in the world. Why is that? then all your trouble will be for good, and not just feel like the whole world is whipping on you. When you look at the plan and purpose of God, you see that is the bottom line anyway. Love!

A love that goes both ways. How about other relationships you have - if you don't feel much from the person then your really not that interested. So it is with our father - he likes a little love to instead of just there being God answering prayer and making sure you're ok. To me that sounds boring - I mean come on he created everything by speaking surely there is more to him than just all my problems!