Your Favourite Theodicy?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you make a habit of continuing to search for something after you have found it just for the sake of the search?

Thank you

Regards

So, your characterisation of the Christian as a searcher is one I can relate to. But it is one typical of an immature faith. I remember, once I had found my faith, thinking 'So now what do I do?' The answer, of course, is the lifelong quest to become a better Christian.

Best wishes, 2RM.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's rudenesses like this, and the demonstrable, woeful lack of good manners, which are the reason I will not debate with you, only police you on my threads.

That's not the reason and we both know that as well as anyone who has critical thinking skills who reads the exchanges.

That's just your attempt at a PC excuse to hide behind because you cannot defend or promote your points on their merits against the factual rebuttals they have faced and that stymies your agenda a bit and you simply don't like it so you make up unfounded claims like this because its all you have left.

The real reason is that you came here to promote your unscriptural ideals under the cover of "philosophy" and you have been exposed. Your points have been thoroughly rebuked by facts as they apply and you have no recourse or out.

Others have even pointed that out to you in various ways because it is that obvious.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's not the reason and we both know that as well as anyone who has critical thinking skills who reads the exchanges... blah, blah, blah.
You really need to get the idea out of your head that you can read my mind. Where it derives from, I do not know, and can only surmise that you think everyone else thinks like you. Well, my friend, we don't.

Best wishes, 2RM

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You really need to get the idea out of your head that you can read my mind. Where it derives from, I do not know, and can only surmise that you think everyone else thinks like you. Well, my friend, we don't.

Its not your mind I'm reading. Its your words. Also, you didn't deny it or refute my premise- you just tried to skirt it.

See, I'm well versed in statement analysis and the Reid Techniques from my prior life.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I told you; I'm not debating with you. I can't be bothered with you at all. But when you attack others on my threads I will step in.

Best wishes, 2RM.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I told you; I'm not debating with you. I can't be bothered with you at all. But when you attack others on my threads I will step in.

And I addressed all of the reasons why you wont. You are right about not debating me and I know you wont and we both know the real reasons why. its already been shown and proven. You know your points will be addressed on their merits effectively and completely thus exposing the true intent.

You have yet to effectively challenge or disprove a single point or answer the direct questions earlier and on the other- we both know all the reasons so don't deny it.

That's no surprise to anyone who has read any of it. You know it as well as I do. You just need something to hide behind and this is your latest attempt.

Desire Of All Nations

Jun 23, 2021
Troy
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God knew there was a possibility for Lucifer to become an adversary, but the fact is that Lucifer and only Lucifer is responsible for what he chose to do from the moment he decided to overthrow God and turn other angels against God. As the Law teaches, whoever disobeys God's commandments has only themselves to blame for choosing to do so. Lucifer was created and instructed by God to administer His government on this planet, and Lucifer decided he wanted to be the one calling the shots in the universe instead.
There is so much evil in the world, and it’s literally hell on earth for many people, because Satan is legally god of this world.

It’s no surprise that the world that is ran by Lucifer is full of evil.

God gave Adam dominion over the world, and Adam legally transferred dominion over the world to the devil when he fell.

Satan tempted Jesus by offering Him the kingdom’s of the world, which had been delivered unto him - by Adam.

Due to Adams fall, we are all born into the kingdom of darkness, with Satan as our spiritual father - and the only escape is to change fathers by receiving Jesus and becoming a son of God - which is via adoption - and change kingdoms, by being translated into the kingdom of Gods son.

The world will remain under the devils control and filled with evil, until the second Adam returns and takes back what the first Adam lost.

Scriptures available upon request.
Adam did not give dominion over the world to Satan. He simply disqualified himself from replacing Satan. That's why the Bible teaches that Christ succeeded where Adam failed. When Adam was tempted, the world was still Satan's to rule. Satan made it a priority to lead Adam into sin so he wouldn't replace him, and he made the same attempt with Christ. What God gave Adam was dominion over his environment and the animals(Gen. 1:26, 28). At no point does the Bible ever say Adam ruled the world.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam did not give dominion over the world to Satan
He certainly did - Satan offered to give all the kingdoms of the world to Jesus if He worshipped him for “they have been DELIVERED UNTO ME”.

Who handed the world over to Satan? Certainly not God.

Adam did.

Maranatha

Reactions: Truman

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Above all, below all, around all, through all, and in all, God is sovereign! Hallelujah!