Zechariah 14 . . . Fulfilled? or Future?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
How can they be born during this time then? This is talking about people born even 300 years after the 1,000 years starts. There is still time, because people are still considered youth at 100. They are not dead before the new earth, they are born and die on this new earth.

Where does it say that people are born or even that they are born 300 years after the thousand years start? Where did you get 300 from?

How can they be born or die on the new earth when revelation shows that the new earth in chapter 21 and 22 is after the thousand years and the judgement day in chapter 20?

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are not dead before the new earth, they are born and die on this new earth.

Wrong. Death doesn't exist in the New Heaven and new Earth.

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Reactions: Marty fox

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Rev 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
Rev 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
Rev 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
Rev 21:4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.

Yes and look at these very same words from revelation 21 which are also in Isaiah 65

17 “See, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever
in what I will create,
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight
and its people a joy.
19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem
and take delight in my people;
the sound of weeping and of crying
will be heard in it no more.

A new heaven and a new earth

The former things have passed away

No more crying

A new created Jerusalem

These are the same events and times

Last edited:
Reactions: ewq1938

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say that people are born or even that they are born 300 years after the thousand years start? Where did you get 300 from?

How can they be born or die on the new earth when revelation shows that the new earth in chapter 21 and 22 is after the thousand years and the judgement day in chapter 20?
I am talking about Isaiah 65 as the 1,000 years. You are talking as if there is no end in Isaiah 65. 300 years is just a point of time after the start. Children are still being born after 300 years, no?

100 years later at the 400 year mark, they are still children, no? If a child dies before reaching 100, they are still dead, no?

That is death. Prove Isaiah 65 denies birth or death. You claim a birth after 300 years, means those people died prior to the point they were even born. Isaiah 65 after the new heaven and new earth clearly points out birth and death. Those born most certainly have the ability to die before they reach 100. What is the point of Scripture mentioning something if you think or even demand it does not happen?

Obviously. That is why Isaiah 65 is talking about Revelation 20.

Isaiah 65 is not talking about Revelation 21!

If you claim Isaiah 65:20 should have been a verse before Isaiah 65:17, you will have to take that up with God and Isaiah. Can you rearrange all the verses in Isaiah 65 into your own words, to fix the Word of God and still make sense? Perhaps if you wrote the chapter the way you think it should go it would be more convincing than how it is currently written?

Last edited:

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This first verse is spoken by the prophet to the victors or the conquerors of the literal city called Jerusalem. They will leave the city in ruins and plunder it, and take the spoils they can see, grab, and can carry out of it. All valuable artifacts and materials will be taken, even people for slaves and the raping of women. They are all spoils of war.

And the unbelievers in Christ will see all this happening in front of their eyes.

You said “They will leave the city in ruins and plunder it, and take the spoils they can see, grab, and can carry out of it. All valuable artifacts and materials will be taken, even people for slaves and the raping of women. They are all spoils of war.”

The verse all nations with gather around Jerusalem…how and what Jerusalem does God protect from destruction? The physical one destroyed …or the new one with constant light(which makes me think of walk you in the light so you do not stumble)?

Excellent point...and I was eventually going to get to that if needed for a future discussion. The physical city destroyed and then the new one, for ever, with constant light.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah 14:1-9 KJV
1) Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5) And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6) And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7) But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8) And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9) And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Already fulfilled? Or are we still waiting for these things to happen?

As for me, no, these events have not happened yet.

Much love!

Ditto, a Future event. :)

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: marks

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who is this speaking of and what is the spoil?
Thank You
Hugs

pride [goes]before destruction,
And a haughty spirit before stumbling. (Again reminds me of the New Jerusalem’s constant light. Walk in the light that you do not stumble? They stumble in darkness, not able to see where they go? pride [goes]before destruction.) it is better to be humble in spirit with the lowly than to divide the spoil with proud. Proverbs 29:23-25, Matthew 11:28-30, Isaiah 57:15, he who gives attention to the word will find good, And blessed(Happy) is he who trust in the LORD. (Proverbs)

For you had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that you have in heaven a better and an enduring substance. Hebrews 11:1

Luke 11:20-23 But if I with the finger of God cast out devils, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you. [21] When a strong man armed 1 Peter 4:1-5
keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:
[22] But when a stronger than he shall come upon him, and overcome him, he taketh from him all his armour wherein he trusted, and divides his spoils.
1 John 4:4
He that is not with me is against me: (all nations gathers together to fight against) and he that gathers not with me scatters.

Reactions: Ziggy

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3) And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. [29] Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. [30] For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

all the people of the earth be gathered together against it. Matthew 12:30-38 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. [31] Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Spirit shall not be forgiven unto men. [32] And whosoever speaks a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. [33] Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit. [34] O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. [35] A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things. [36] But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. [37] For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned. [38] Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee. Matthew 24:2-3 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down. [3] And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, wishful thinking that Christ would change his mind and make his Kingdom an earthly one, complete with body guards and soldiers to fight any future-age

2 Corinthians 10:3-4 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: [4] (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds

Ephesians 6:13-18 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. [14] Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; [15] And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; [16] Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. [17] And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: [18] Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Revelation 16:10-16 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, [11] And blasphemed the God of heaven Matthew 12:30-32 because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds. [12] And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. [13] And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. [14] For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle (against Jerusalem?) of that great day of God Almighty. [15] Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. [16] And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

1 Peter 4:7-8 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. [8] And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
? Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ditto, a Future event. :)

Glory to God,
Taken

Future? Is the fiery trial also future?
1 Peter 4:12-13 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: [13] But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Reactions: Ziggy and ScottA

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You said “They will leave the city in ruins and plunder it, and take the spoils they can see, grab, and can carry out of it. All valuable artifacts and materials will be taken, even people for slaves and the raping of women. They are all spoils of war.”

The verse all nations with gather around Jerusalem…how and what Jerusalem does God protect from destruction? The physical one destroyed …or the new one with constant light(which makes me think of walk you in the light so you do not stumble)?
Regarding Zech 14:1-2- The 'all' for all nations, are the foreign nationals of/within the Roman army during the generation of Christ that plundered and destroyed the physical city of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

Regarding Zech 14: 3-5a - Christ will protect his people during the time after 70 AD until he returns again. It continues today.

Regarding Zech 14:5b-11..Then..) No one will touch or harm the New Jerusalem, the city of constant lights, the Body of Christ when Christ returns and transforms the heavens and earth anew. All nations, throughout every generation have tried to destroy the Body, since Christ was on earth, and failed. And they continue and will try their best to attack and destroy it before Christ returns for his Bride.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2 Corinthians 10:3-4 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: [4] (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds

Ephesians 6:13-18 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. [14] Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; [15] And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; [16] Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. [17] And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: [18] Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Revelation 16:10-16 And the fifth angel poured out his vial upon the seat of the beast; and his kingdom was full of darkness; and they gnawed their tongues for pain, [11] And blasphemed the God of heaven Matthew 12:30-32 because of their pains and their sores, and repented not of their deeds. [12] And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared. [13] And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. [14] For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle (against Jerusalem?) of that great day of God Almighty. [15] Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame. [16] And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

1 Peter 4:7-8 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer. [8] And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.
? Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.
The whole world in Rev 21 is the same as 'all the nations' in Zech 14. THis event already occurred during the generation of CHrist.

When Zechariah was speaking about future events as other prophets, before and after him, they all pointed to a time of the NEXT great significant event. The major event spoken of in the OT, hands down, was the birth and life of Christ and his significance for all and to the world. This fact must count for something, and factor into a person's mind when searching for part of the context.

As you or anyone quotes Rev, Matthew, and I Peter etc, the words were spoken TO that generation, and not to a mystical future generation, even to us directly. One must consider this as fact and of major importance in knowing the timing and the audience being addressed. For example did not Christ in spirit and power in his Kingdom come as a thief in the night to destroy the literal city of Jerusalem for the many reasons he recorded and others. Did they see this coming? And yes prophecy sometimes has a dual meaning and a dual time frame. Another 'thief in the night' appearance when he returns for his Bride..?

And yes this is the prophecy when Christ will return to transform everything...the heavens and the earth and divide the people. It will all happen in a one-time 'short' event.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Future? Is the fiery trial also future?
1 Peter 4:12-13 Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you: [13] But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

There is knowledge, that can be revealed, per hearing/reading
and
There is seeing, ie manifestation that which can be seen.

Gods glory is KNOWN...
Gods glory is not SEEN...with Earthly Eyes.
The Results of Gods glory is SEEN...with Earthly Eyes.

Per the Scripture you quote 1 Peter 4:13, I wait for a future time, a raised Body, with Spiritual eyes to SEE His Glory.

1 John 3:
[2] Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How can they be born during this time then? This is talking about people born even 300 years after the 1,000 years starts. There is still time, because people are still considered youth at 100. They are not dead before the new earth, they are born and die on this new earth.

The “new earth”, is manifested AFTER no mortals exist upon the face of the “new earth”. Human births and deaths have become moot.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Regarding Zech 14:1-2- The 'all' for all nations, are the foreign nationals of/within the Roman army during the generation of Christ that plundered and destroyed the physical city of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

I realize this is only an opinion but how do we know it isn’t an diversion we hopelessly latch onto in “see these tall buildings” …not a stone will be left upon another that is not thrown down. Unless I’m mistaken He spoke often of their being as tall buildings (monuments, full of dead mens bones) adorned, as stone where even in the building up of the temple of God, the warning to be careful how you build upon where no stone can any man lay beside the corner stone which is Christ lain and set by God. So He points at the astute building as a sign that they ask for. Could those overhearing mumble “is He talking about us again?”
John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
…is that the end of it or what of God can indeed raise upon children unto Abraham out from these stones? (But He spoke of His body while they marveled, what is He saying, how can He rebuild this temple that took so long for us to build?) could they bear being the stony hearts to be overturned
to raise up Children unto God, could they bear the corner stone rejected of men but approved of by God? Tunnel vision on He spoke of those buildings when really was it His body He spoke of? 1 Corinthians 3:1-23

Regarding Zech 14: 3-5a - Christ will protect his people during the time after 70 AD until he returns again. It continues today.

Regarding Zech 14:5b-11..Then..) No one will touch or harm the New Jerusalem, the city of constant lights, the Body of Christ when Christ returns and transforms the heavens and earth anew. All nations, throughout every generation have tried to destroy the Body, since Christ was on earth, and failed. And they continue and will try their best to attack and destroy it before Christ returns for his Bride.

Zechariah 2:1-13 I lifted up mine eyes again, and looked, and behold a man with a measuring line in his hand. [2] Then said I, Whither goest thou? And he said unto me, To measure Jerusalem, to see what is the breadth thereof, and what is the length thereof. [3] And, behold, the angel that talked with me went forth, and another angel went out to meet him, [4] And said unto him, Run, speak to this young man, saying, Jerusalem shall be inhabited as towns without walls for the multitude of men and cattle therein: [5] For I, saith the Lord, will be unto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her. [6] Ho, ho, come forth, and flee from the land of the north, saith the Lord : for I have spread you abroad as the four winds of the heaven, saith the Lord. [7] Deliver thyself, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon. [8] For thus saith the Lord of hosts; After the glory hath he sent me unto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you toucheth the apple of his eye. [9] For, behold, I will shake mine hand upon them, and they shall be a spoil to their servants: and ye shall know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me. [10] Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion: for, lo, I come, and I will dwell in the midst of thee, saith the Lord. [11] And many nations shall be joined to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwell in the midst of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hosts hath sent me unto thee. [12] And the Lord shall inherit Judah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Jerusalem again. [13] Be silent, O all flesh, before the Lord : for he is raised up out of his holy habitation.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize this is only an opinion but how do we know it isn’t an diversion we hopelessly latch onto in “see these tall buildings” …not a stone will be left upon another that is not thrown down. Unless I’m mistaken He spoke often of their being as tall buildings (monuments, full of dead mens bones) adorned, as stone where even in the building up of the temple of God, the warning to be careful how you build upon where no stone can any man lay beside the corner stone which is Christ lain and set by God. So He points at the astute building as a sign that they ask for. Could those overhearing mumble “is He talking about us again?”

Luke 20:18-19 Whosoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever it shall fall, it will grind him to powder. [19] And the chief priests and the scribes the same hour sought to lay hands on him; and they feared the people: for they perceived that he had spoken this parable against them.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Zechariah 14:1-9 KJV
1) Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2) For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4) And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5) And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6) And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
7) But it shall be one day which shall be known to the LORD, not day, nor night: but it shall come to pass, that at evening time it shall be light.
8) And it shall be in that day, that living waters shall go out from Jerusalem; half of them toward the former sea, and half of them toward the hinder sea: in summer and in winter shall it be.
9) And the LORD shall be king over all the earth: in that day shall there be one LORD, and his name one.

Already fulfilled? Or are we still waiting for these things to happen?

As for me, no, these events have not happened yet.

Much love!

I don’t know but for me(wrong or right) the stones being thrown down was a sign of something far more all-encompassing
Daniel 2:27-35 Daniel answered in the presence of the king, and said, The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king; [28] But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets, and maketh known to the king Nebuchadnezzar what shall be in the latter days. Thy dream, and the visions of thy head upon thy bed, are these; [29] As for thee, O king, thy thoughts came into thy mind upon thy bed, what should come to pass hereafter: and he that revealeth secrets maketh known to thee what shall come to pass. [30] But as for me, this secret is not revealed to me for any wisdom that I have more than any living, but for their sakes that shall make known the interpretation to the king, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart. [31] Thou, O king, sawest, and behold a great image. This great image, whose brightness was excellent, stood before thee; and the form thereof was terrible. [32] This image's head was of fine gold, his breast and his arms of silver, his belly and his thighs of brass, [33] His legs of iron, his feet part of iron and part of clay. [34] Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces. [35] Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

“The secret which the king hath demanded cannot the wise men, the astrologers, the magicians, the soothsayers, shew unto the king; [28] But there is a God in heaven that revealeth secrets,..”
reminds me of Matthew 16:14-18 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. [15] He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? [16] And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. [17] And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Bar-jona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. [18] And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THis event already occurred during the generation of CHrist.

I’m confused because I thought the generation of Christ is a generation without end?

For example did not Christ in spirit and power in his Kingdom come as a thief in the night to destroy the literal city of Jerusalem for the many reasons he recorded and others. Did they see this coming? And yes prophecy sometimes has a dual meaning and a dual time frame. Another 'thief in the night' appearance when he returns for his Bride..?

as a thief in the night Hebrews 10:34-37 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance. [35] Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. [36] For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. [37] For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
^it seems the thief has come (to kill, steal and destroy)to the spoiling of yours goods but “yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.” Isaiah 62:11-12 KJV
[11] Behold, the Lord hath proclaimed unto the end of the world, Say ye to the daughter of Zion, Behold, thy salvation cometh; behold, his reward is with him, and his work before him. [12] And they shall call them, The holy people, The redeemed of the Lord : and thou shalt be called, Sought out, A city not forsaken.

John 10:10-18 I get confused over “as a thief” a thief as an hireling which cares not for the sheep, or as a good shepherd which cares for the sheep? “They run and the wolf snatches them, and scatters them.”

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You witness against yourself.

I just confronted you in your error...and I quoted you as a second witness.

Well all you did is quote whtr you think my emotional and spiritual state is so you are quoting you and you.

But have the last word. I am sure we will tangle again on another thread. Hyper spiritual faux prophets like you are a dime a dozen.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
during the generation of Christ that plundered and destroyed the physical city of Jerusalem in 70 AD.

Plundered and took spoils…you suggest the physical plundering a spoils of goods …what if it is an image plundered and spoiled? What if “houses” they enter and rifle and spoil are the temple which you are; for a habitation (palace) of God adorned not with gaudy trinkets of gold but adorned with His Fruit of “peace, Love, long-suffering, patience, kindness, joy…”

Zechariah 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

What if it is what creeps in to “houses” (if this house is destroyed, we have a house?) Plundered to destroy and steal away Life? Is it money or material things plundered or the removal of “silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lust” these “women” ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. or is is something else, example Saul/Paul image was made as the scum of the earth but he had hope? 2 Timothy 3:6-7 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, [7] Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

Last edited: