Zechariah 14 . . . Fulfilled? or Future?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nothing is void, but fulfilled...

Are those not the words of Christ also? Is that too muddled for you?

But you do not want to hear the truth. You say the word of God is inspired, but you mock the idea that He still inspires by the same Spirit as if He were dead; and you refuse to accept His plans for these times of lead us into all truth by that same Spirit. Which is not a spirit of confusion...except to those who do not hear.

so in other words, in your mystical linguistics, you still believe God is writing new SCripture, and by your implication- through you!

Yes all that was written about Jesus has been fulfilled I agree with that 100% But that does not mean every prophecy ever inspired by God through the prophets has been fulfilled! Most OT prophecy refers to Israel as a nation and not Jesus! If you don't know that, maybe you should give up seeking mystical spiritual meanings for so many scriptures and look at what god spoke through the prophets and apostles!

And you intentionally and deliberately lying about what I do or don't believe just tells me you are just another hick phony spiritual wanna bew like thousands of others before you and will come after you.

In all your cutesy little writings, you just drip with arrogance and condescension to those who dare disagree with your high priestly pontifications.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well your arrogance notwithstanding and your faux spirituality (your writing is dripping with condescension, this Jesus never did) .

You are ignorant of what I speak, but remember this passage as written unless you have mystically retranslated this as well:

Proverbs 16:18
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

I pray your landing is fairly soft.

so in other words, in your mystical linguistics, you still believe God is writing new SCripture, and by your implication- through you!

Yes all that was written about Jesus has been fulfilled I agree with that 100% But that does not mean every prophecy ever inspired by God through the prophets has been fulfilled! Most OT prophecy refers to Israel as a nation and not Jesus! If you don't know that, maybe you should give up seeking mystical spiritual meanings for so many scriptures and look at what god spoke through the prophets and apostles!

And you intentionally and deliberately lying about what I do or don't believe just tells me you are just another hick phony spiritual wanna bew like thousands of others before you and will come after you.

In all your cutesy little writings, you just drip with arrogance and condescension to those who dare disagree with your high priestly pontifications.
Your hateful daggers give you away.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Israel is not the church, so it must indeed be future.....

Israel is the church. It started with 12 Jews, with the Messiah. That is the bride of Christ and the body of Christ. All gentiles that believe in Christ join that church, bride, body and olive tree.

Reactions: Brakelite

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Israel is the church. It started with 12 Jews, with the Messiah. That is the bride of Christ and the body of Christ. All gentiles that believe in Christ join that church, bride, body and olive tree.
1 Corinthians 10.30 shows that Jews, Gentiles and the church of God are distinct.

The Lord Jesus in the institution of the Lord's Supper shows that it is the New Testament in His blood (Matthew 26; Mark 14; Luke 22; 1 Corinthians 11).

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Corinthians 10.30 shows that Jews, Gentiles and the church of God are distinct.

No, it doesn't.

There is no distinction between Jew and Gentile:

WNT Gal 3:28 In Him the distinctions between Jew and Gentile, slave and free man, male and female, disappear; you are all one in Christ Jesus.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
No, it doesn't.

There is no distinction between Jew and Gentile:

WNT Gal 3:28 In Him the distinctions between Jew and Gentile, slave and free man, male and female, disappear; you are all one in Christ Jesus.
1 Corinthians 11.26 is talking about the Lord's coming in relation to the church.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I should think that is good science.

But I prefer to consider the "likeness" that it portrays of the things of God. Which is, that the waters below are their own spirit, and those above are God's, and the two have been separated until there is no more sea, and no more shadow of turning.
Does this mean Noah was saved from God's Spirit? Those wicked humans were killed with God's spirit?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Verse 20 says that infants will not die and old men who won’t live out his years, this is talk about no more death confirming verse 19. The ones who fail to reach 100 are accursed because they died spiritually and parished in the lake of fire.
Thought you said no death? This is an ongoing phenomenon. Not a prior scenario before the rest of Isaiah 65. Those who rebel will be killed. This is not a new reality. There is still death, as death is the last enemy after the 1,000 years are finished, and then death is destroyed.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Ronald Nolette Since as per 1 Corinthians 10.32 Israel is not the church, then hard to see how all the events spoken of by Zechariah are already fulfilled...
Israel was never the church. Some in Israel were made part of the church by faith. Most ended up in sheol, and still there today. Only Christ is the church, and the church is in Christ.

ewq1938

Jul 11, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only Christ is the church

No, he isn't the church, we are:

Act_2:47 Praising God, and having favour with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily such as should be saved.

He adds people to the church.

Act_7:38 This is he, that was in the church in the wilderness with the angel which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who received the lively oracles to give unto us:

Israel was the church in the wilderness.

Andreas

Apr 12, 2022
brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
These are just a few of the many scriptures referring to the Day of The Lord.

Zechariah 14 refers to the battle of Armageddon which comes at the end of the [7 years] Tribulation. It is referred to as The Day of The Lord in many places in the bible.

Joel 3:2I will gather all nations and bring them down to the Valley of Jehoshaphat. There I will put them on trial for what they did to my inheritance, my people Israel, because they scattered my people among the nations and divided up my land

Also see the parable of the wheat and tares Matthew 13:30
[God first gathers the evil to be burned, but does not destroy them at that moment. He then gathers the righteous, (when we are caught up by the messengers/angels of God) with our master in the air and then descend to the earth. i.e ''Land''].

*Revelation 16v14-16 For they are breaths of demons performing signs, which spread out over the kings of the whole world, to collect them unto the battle of the great Day of God, 355*

*355 THE SOVEREIGN OVER ALL.

A Warning from Jesus to the Assemblies
Rev 16 Verse 15 (“Look! I am coming like a thief.356 Blessed is the one watching357 and guarding his garments358 so that he should not walk naked and his shame be seen.”359) 16 And He360 assembled them into the place called in Hebrew, “Armageddon.”361
*355 2 Pet. 3:10-12
*356 These words of Jesus are one final warning to His own, that His coming is now imminent (cf. Matt. 24:43-44; 1 Thess. 5:2; 2 Pet. 3:10). It is not imminent until the armies begin to gather for the battle of Armageddon after the first six bowl judgments.
*357 Mark 13:32-37; Luke 21:36
*358 Guarding one’s garments means to keep from soiling them with sin, (Rev. 3:4; Rev. 7:14).
*359 Here Jesus reminds the reader of His warning to Laodicea, (Rev. 3:18).
*360 While the unclean breaths deceive the kings of the land to come with their armies to Jerusalem, it is the Son who spoke the words in vs. 15 who ultimately gathers them for judgment and destruction (Joel 3:9-18 & Zech. 14:2 Then the Lord will appear over them;
his arrow will flash like lightning.
The Sovereign Lord will sound the trumpet;
he will march in the storms of the south,)
*361 Literally, “Mountain of Megiddo.” Megiddo is a very large plain about 50 miles north of Jerusalem. It is the place where the armies of the nations will assemble prior to their attack on Jerusalem. It is not the location of the final battle itself, which will be around Jerusalem (Zech. 14:1-9). Megiddo is overlooked from the south-east by Mt. Carmel, which was Elijah’s place of hiding and will be the primary place of refuge for Christians who flee from Judea (Micah 7:14-15; Matt. 24:15-21). These faithful believers will be able to watch the gathering of the armies from their vantage point in the caves of Carmel. This is probably why the text refers to “Armageddon” (Mountain of Megiddo) rather than merely “Megiddo” which is a valley. This is also why the exhortation to the believers in hiding was placed here in the text as a parenthetical statement. They will literally see the armies assemble as the sign to get ready for Jesus’ imminent arrival.

Malachi 4:1“Surely the day is coming; it will burn like a furnace. All the arrogant and every evildoer will be stubble, and the day that is coming will set them on fire, ” says the LORD Almighty. “Not a root or a branch will be left to them. But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its rays. And you will go out and frolic like well-fed calves. Then you will trample on the wicked; they will be ashes under the soles of your feet on the day when I act,” says the LORD Almighty.

The Tribulation commences at the end of the Second Exile.

The Bible has many analogies between the First Exile [in Babylon] and this Second Exile [the Diaspora]. [Leviticus 26:17-18]
You will be DEFEATED BY YOUR ENEMIES [REFERS TO THE FIRST EXILE]...And after all this, if you do not obey Me, then I will PUNISH YOU 7 TIMES MORE [refers to the Second Exile] for your sins. The First Exile lasted 70 years, so ''seven times more'' is 490 years. The warning is repeated in verses 21, 24 and 28, which means it occurs 4 times in total. Therefore God will punish the Jews one, two, three and four times, and each time lasts ''seven times more'' than the First Exile, i.e. 490 years. And 4 X 490 is 1960 years.
The 2nd Exile started in 70 AD, add the 1960 years punishment and we arrive at 2030, [however the Jewish New Year [Rosh Hashanah] is offset by a few months from our Roman calendar, so the year is 2029 on Rosh Hashanah, which can occur between September 5 and October 5.
The Tribulation commences when the 2nd Exile ends in 2029, it is the last Week [7 years] of Daniel's 70 Week Prophecy.
Jesus returns in 2036 on Yom Kippur, at the last trumpet on the 120th Jubilee since creation.
Balaam prophesied of a “Star” rising who is the Messiah (Num. 24:16-19).
Rev. 22:16 Jesus referred to Himself as the
“bright and morning star,” which in astronomy is the planet Venus when it appears early in the morning. Peter stated
that the “morning star” would arise on the Day of Christ’s return (1 Pet. 1:19). “The sign of the Son of man in the sky”
(Matt. 24:30), while the sun and moon are dark, very well may involve the planet Venus rising in conjunction with
Regulus (King) in the constellation Leo (Lion). This conjunction at dawn (viewed from Jerusalem) will occur on Yom
Kippur 2036.

The 120 Jubilee's

Genesis 6:3
[NIV]
3 Then the Lord said, “My Spirit will not contend with humans forever, for they are mortal; their days will be a hundred and twenty years.

2 Peter 3v5-8 (LGV)

5 For they are willingly oblivious to this: that the skies continued from antiquity, and the land out from water and by water having been upheld by the announcement*40 of God, 6 through which [announcement] the existing order was destroyed. 7 And the present skies and land, having been set aside by the same announcement,*41 are reserved for fire until the Day of Justice and the destruction of ungodly men.

*40 In Gen. 6:3 God announced to Noah that he was delaying mankind’s judgment for 120 years. This announcement withheld the judgment of the flood for the predetermined time (while Noah prepared the ark), but also brought the judgment at the appointed time 120 years later.
*41 The literal meaning of Peter’s statement is that the very same announcement that God made to Noah (that judgment would come for man in 120 years) not only withheld God’s judgment of the flood until the end of the specified time, but the same statement also indicates the time of the second destruction by fire.
Genesis 6:3 has a dual meaning, predicting the first destruction by flood in 120 solar years, and the second destruction by fire in 120 Jubilee years (6000 years from creation). A Jubilee year occurs every 50th year (Lev. 25).

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your hateful daggers give you away.

See your arrogant presumptiousness gives you away!. I do not hate you nor am I mad or angry or anything like that at you. I am just pointing out the facts as you have written them. YOu explicitly stated I do not have the Spirit which would make me unsaved and that I do nut understand because I do not have th elight! If there is hate- it is in your heart! You have borne false witness against a brother.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*40 In Gen. 6:3 God announced to Noah that he was delaying mankind’s judgment for 120 years. This announcement withheld the judgment of the flood for the predetermined time (while Noah prepared the ark), but also brought the judgment at the appointed time 120 years later.
*41 The literal meaning of Peter’s statement is that the very same announcement that God made to Noah (that judgment would come for man in 120 years) not only withheld God’s judgment of the flood until the end of the specified time, but the same statement also indicates the time of the second destruction by fire.
Genesis 6:3 has a dual meaning, predicting the first destruction by flood in 120 solar years, and the second destruction by fire in 120 Jubilee years (6000 years from creation). A Jubilee year occurs every 50th year (Lev. 25).

And you know your highlighted point is from God how???????

How do you get 120 Jubilee years from a judgment on mankind when there was not even a hint of Jubilees years. How do you tie both together.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does this mean Noah was saved from God's Spirit? Those wicked humans were killed with God's spirit?
No, but rather that the waters below--meaning the fallen spirit of this world, brings death; and to be saved from this fallen world, we must enter into His prevision in which we are carried above the spirit of those who are consumed by it.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See your arrogant presumptiousness gives you away!. I do not hate you nor am I mad or angry or anything like that at you. I am just pointing out the facts as you have written them. YOu explicitly stated I do not have the Spirit which would make me unsaved and that I do nut understand because I do not have th elight! If there is hate- it is in your heart! You have borne false witness against a brother.
You witness against yourself.

I just confronted you in your error...and I quoted you as a second witness.

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thought you said no death? This is an ongoing phenomenon. Not a prior scenario before the rest of Isaiah 65. Those who rebel will be killed. This is not a new reality. There is still death, as death is the last enemy after the 1,000 years are finished, and then death is destroyed.

That's why I'm saying that this is the time after the end of the world in the new heaven

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's why I'm saying that this is the time after the end of the world in the new heaven
So death is not defeated but eternal in the NHNE? First you say there is no death in Isaiah 65. Then you claim there is and that it goes on forever into eternity.

I just pointed out there is death in Isaiah 65. This is the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Then death is defeated. Then the NHNE starts.

So what exactly are you saying?

Marty fox

Jun 1, 2021
Vancouver
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So death is not defeated but eternal in the NHNE? First you say there is no death in Isaiah 65. Then you claim there is and that it goes on forever into eternity.

I just pointed out there is death in Isaiah 65. This is the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Then death is defeated. Then the NHNE starts.

So what exactly are you saying?

No I didn’t claim that there is death because death was already defeated the latter part of Isaiah 65 is the new heaven after the thousand years.

Isaiah 65 says
17“See, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever
in what I will create,
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight
and its people a joy.
19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem
and take delight in my people;
the sound of weeping and of crying
will be heard in it no more

20 “Never again will there be in it
an infant who lives but a few days,
or an old man who does not live out his years;

The ones below are because they parish in the lake of fire just before the it took place

the one who dies at a hundred
will be thought a mere child;
the one who fails to reach a hundred
will be considered accursed.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No I didn’t claim that there is death because death was already defeated the latter part of Isaiah 65 is the new heaven after the thousand years.

Isaiah 65 says
17“See, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.
The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever
in what I will create,
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight
and its people a joy.
19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem
and take delight in my people;
the sound of weeping and of crying
will be heard in it no more

20 “Never again will there be in it
an infant who lives but a few days,
or an old man who does not live out his years;

The ones below are because they parish in the lake of fire just before the it took place

the one who dies at a hundred
will be thought a mere child;
the one who fails to reach a hundred
will be considered accursed.
How can they be born during this time then? This is talking about people born even 300 years after the 1,000 years starts. There is still time, because people are still considered youth at 100. They are not dead before the new earth, they are born and die on this new earth.