3.5 Tribulation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had some discussion with some of the participants in another thread and was intrigued by the idea that Jesus fulfilled the first 3.5 years of the tribulation. I had only heard one other source mentioning this in some of my past ministry connections, but had never heard the reason for it. However on further study of the subject I'm wondering the true validity of the doctrine.
In brief; the doctrine comes into play with the verse of Daniel 9. It reads as such:

Daniel 9:26,27 KJV
And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

Is this a common teaching for many on the forum?

No Pre-TB

Jan 15, 2022
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've had some discussion with some of the participants in another thread and was intrigued by the idea that Jesus fulfilled the first 3.5 years of the tribulation. I had only heard one other source mentioning this in some of my past ministry connections, but had never heard the reason for it. However on further study of the subject I'm wondering the true validity of the doctrine.
In brief; the doctrine comes into play with the verse of Daniel 9. It reads as such:

And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

No, it is not. All Christian-esq type forums are riddled with many different views. For every person that says there still exists a 70th week, another says 3.5 or some other thing.

One theory causes the believer to explain why there is a gap and to prove it which is difficult because it's not explained anywhere.
Another theory shows promise and has some collaboration from various verses, but still can be difficult.
The last theory has no gap and no issues. But again, it's how people interpret scripture and IMHO, on online forums, it's normally done with pre-conceived notions.

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it is not. All Christian-esq type forums are riddled with many different views. For every person that says there still exists a 70th week, another says 3.5 or some other thing.

One theory causes the believer to explain why there is a gap and to prove it which is difficult because it's not explained anywhere.
Another theory shows promise and has some collaboration from various verses, but still can be difficult.
The last theory has no gap and no issues. But again, it's how people interpret scripture and IMHO, on online forums, it's normally done with pre-conceived notions.
Thanks; To my own detriment I've never been on a forum, so the diversity in reason is new to me. But I will say I'm still teachable if the message is sound and the Word supports such reason.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Actually many posters here say the 70 weeks were already finished in the first century. They see all fulfulled as Messiah, and that Jesus has been King for 1993 years. Yet the 7th Trumpet has not sounded.

"And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever."

Revelation 11:15

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually many posters here say the 70 weeks were already finished in the first century. They see all fulfulled as Messiah, and that Jesus has been King for 1993 years. Yet the 7th Trumpet has not sounded.

"And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever."

Revelation 11:15
I wonder if there is any significance to the trumpet sounds heard around the world. Sky trumpets 2020 - Updated list of trumpet sounds in the sky

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

It appears the bait of Ribera's decoy/ smokescreen in interpreting the above text has been taken by the large majority.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That idea is fallacy, and does not align with Bible prophecy about the end of this world.

That final "one week" of Daniel 9:27 has never been fulfilled to this day. That 'whole period' (all 7 years) links with the final Antichrist who will place an abomination idol in a new temple in Jerusalem for the end, what Rev.13 reveals as the "image of the beast".

Lord Jesus forewarned about that "abomination of desolation" event from the Book of Daniel in connection with the 'final' generation that will literally 'see' His future return.

Use your common sense. How can the coming false one who will end sacrifices in the 'middle' of that 7 year period ("one week") do that for the very end of this world, IF the first half of that 7 years were already completed by Christ back in history? There's no way to establish the 'middle' of the "one week" by that theory. That's yet another way to know that idea is false.

There's already some denominations that teach the false idea that Jesus fulfilled all... of the 70 weeks of Daniel 9, including that Daniel 9:27 verse, and that false working certainly is bad enough. So that idea you propose is just more proof of Christ's enemies that have crept in trying to mislead the brethren.

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing about end times prophecy is we don't know if we have arrived to that signature point where prophecy and world events collide. So I remain open minded when presented alternative views hoping to find another piece of the end times puzzle. As for this 3.5 year theory I think different versions of the verse help solidify that its talking about the AC.

Daniel 9:26,27
KJV
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:
and the people of the prince that shall come
shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Amplified 9:26
and the people of the [other] prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined. 27 And he will enter into a binding and irrevocable covenant with the many for one week (seven years)

NIV
: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, it would appear that most of Christendom believes that both 3.5 time periods occur as a final "week" after a "gap" between the first 69 weeks of Daniel's prophecy (the times of the Gentiles)...or something along those lines.

Which is not true.

On the contrary, all things were and are fulfilled in and by Christ during His time, the greater scope of which is eluded to in Daniel's prophecies as "a time, times, and a half of time"-- which is rather all of time divided in two on either side of His sacrifice ("in the middle of the week").

To answer your question then, yes, the first half (3.5) "is finished", and we are in or rather nearing the end of the second time of the "times".

Incidentally, the reference of "a half of time" in Daniel's prophecy above, has been going on daily since the beginning as foretold when "God divided the light from the darkness."

Last edited:

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can we ask another question? What happens if a theory is wrong and precedes our understanding of end times; will we ever notice when the real time line appears?
These matters are also enmeshed in spiritual struggle; if for any other reason because we are trying to seek after the kingdom of God.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The thing about end times prophecy is we don't know if we have arrived to that signature point where prophecy and world events collide. So I remain open minded when presented alternative views hoping to find another piece of the end times puzzle.
I strongly... disagree.

Christ's elect of the last generation will... know when the coming new Jewish temple in Jerusalem is built, with sacrifices started up again by the orthodox Jews there, and then the coming "man of sin" (false-Messiah Jesus warned about for the end), ends those sacrifices and instead places the "abomination of desolation" IDOL in that new temple, spiritually desolating it. All those events are SIGNS of the end leading up to Christ's future return as written in His Word (Daniel 8; Daniel 9; Daniel 11; Matthew 24; Mark 13; Revelation 13; 2 Thessalonians 2).

As for this 3.5 year theory I think different versions of the verse help solidify that its talking about the AC.

Daniel 9:26,27
KJV
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself:
and the people of the prince that shall come
shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Amplified 9:26
and the people of the [other] prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end will come with a flood; even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined. 27 And he will enter into a binding and irrevocable covenant with the many for one week (seven years)

NIV
: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week
Sure... depending on which Bible version one uses... one technically could... twist the meaning:

Dan 9:27
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many, in one week: and in the half of the week the victim and the sacrifice shall fall: and there shall be in the temple the abomination of desolation: and the desolation shall continue even to the consummation, and to the end.
Douay-Rheims

27 The ruler will make a treaty with the people for a period of one set of seven, but after half this time, he will put an end to the sacrifices and offerings. And as a climax to all his terrible deeds, he will set up a sacrilegious object that causes desecration, until the fate decreed for this defiler is finally poured out on him."
Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®, copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.

27 "'Then for one seven, he will forge many and strong alliances, but halfway through the seven he will banish worship and prayers. At the place of worship, a desecrating obscenity will be set up and remain until finally the desecrator himself is decisively destroyed.'"
(from THE MESSAGE: The Bible in Contemporary Language © 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. All rights reserved.)

Yet this is why God provided MORE Scripture witnesses of that coming future event in a Jewish temple at the end of this world, with the coming false-Messiah setting up that abomination IDOL there in Jerusalem. That's why Daniel 11 about the "vile person" must be included with that Daniel 9:27 event, as also Matthew 24 and Mark 13 where Jesus quoted from Daniel about that "abomination of desolation" IDOL, and also Apostle Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2 about the coming "man of sin" that is to sit in that "temple of God" to desolate it by playing God, and even in Revelation 13 with the "another beast" that is the same one coming to work those great signs and wonders to deceive the whole world into believing he is God.

So truly, only someone who has NOT... really studied their Bible, would try to take that Daniel 9:27 verse and attempt to apply it to just anytime, or anything they want. No, God's Word with multiple Scripture witnesses applies that Daniel 9:27 verse to a 'specific' time for the end of this world in the final generation that will see Christ's future coming.

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hello Gordon,

I gave a few clues that with hard work, prayer, and the Holy Spirit‘s guidance, it can be solved. The meaning of the seventy sevens of Daniel can only be solved through Revelation. i believe that was the first clue. Unless I’m mistaken, the second clue was that the seventy sevens is totally about Jesus. There is no mysterious seven-year end times prophecy involved here.

The cover art work is in progress and I expect the resolution to be published.

Blessings,

jaz

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Gordon,

I gave a few clues that with hard work, prayer, and the Holy Spirit‘s guidance, it can be solved. The meaning of the seventy sevens of Daniel can only be solved through Revelation. i believe that was the first clue. Unless I’m mistaken, the second clue was that the seventy sevens is totally about Jesus. There is no mysterious seven-year end times prophecy involved here.

Blessings,

jaz
…soon.

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I strongly... disagree.

Christ's elect of the last generation will... know when the coming new Jewish temple in Jerusalem is built, with sacrifices started up again by the orthodox Jews there, and then the coming "man of sin" (false-Messiah Jesus warned about for the end), ends those sacrifices and instead places the "abomination of desolation" IDOL in that new temple, spiritually desolating it. All those events are SIGNS of the end leading up to Christ's future return as written in His Word (Daniel 8; Daniel 9; Daniel 11; Matthew 24; Mark 13; Revelation 13; 2 Thessalonians 2).

Sure... depending on which Bible version one uses... one technically could... twist the meaning:

27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many, in one week: and in the half of the week the victim and the sacrifice shall fall: and there shall be in the temple the abomination of desolation: and the desolation shall continue even to the consummation, and to the end.
Douay-Rheims

27 The ruler will make a treaty with the people for a period of one set of seven, but after half this time, he will put an end to the sacrifices and offerings. And as a climax to all his terrible deeds, he will set up a sacrilegious object that causes desecration, until the fate decreed for this defiler is finally poured out on him."
Holy Bible, New Living Translation ®, copyright © 1996, 2004 by Tyndale Charitable Trust. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers. All rights reserved.

27 "'Then for one seven, he will forge many and strong alliances, but halfway through the seven he will banish worship and prayers. At the place of worship, a desecrating obscenity will be set up and remain until finally the desecrator himself is decisively destroyed.'"
(from THE MESSAGE: The Bible in Contemporary Language © 2002 by Eugene H. Peterson. All rights reserved.)

Yet this is why God provided MORE Scripture witnesses of that coming future event in a Jewish temple at the end of this world, with the coming false-Messiah setting up that abomination IDOL there in Jerusalem. That's why Daniel 11 about the "vile person" must be included with that Daniel 9:27 event, as also Matthew 24 and Mark 13 where Jesus quoted from Daniel about that "abomination of desolation" IDOL, and also Apostle Paul in 2 Thessalonians 2 about the coming "man of sin" that is to sit in that "temple of God" to desolate it by playing God, and even in Revelation 13 with the "another beast" that is the same one coming to work those great signs and wonders to deceive the whole world into believing he is God.

So truly, only someone who has NOT... really studied their Bible, would try to take that Daniel 9:27 verse and attempt to apply it to just anytime, or anything they want. No, God's Word with multiple Scripture witnesses applies that Daniel 9:27 verse to a 'specific' time for the end of this world in the final generation that will see Christ's future coming.
"Christ's elect of the last generation will... know when the coming new Jewish temple in Jerusalem is built"
Im assuming you hold to the 3.5? You make my case for me; Im not looking for a future sign to tell me what time it is, I'm looking for the Holy Spirit to lead me into all truth regarding what has already been revealed and what is about to be revealed. Do any events in the last three years coincide with Daniels prophecies as well as that which is found in Revelations Chapter 6? If you can't see it then I refer back to my original statement: we as a whole don't know if we have arrived at any one point.
BTW
This might be the only temple the Jews get. The third temple does exist and has been here awhile. It even remains situated next to the temple mount; but under ground. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaXbN1RX8X0

Finally every abomination was orchestrated by military campaigns.
His armed forces will rise up to desecrate the temple fortress and will abolish the daily sacrifice. Then they will set up the abomination that causes desolation. DAN11:31

Thanks for the bible versions options I'll take a look.

Gordon

Jul 4, 2023
Longview
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Gordon,

Blessings,

jaz
Thanks

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It also isn't about a temple building reconstruction. Look at all the churches that have been built since then. Has any one of them fulfilled prophecy? The kingdom of Israel was finished in the days of Nebuchadnezzar and will never physically be a kingdom again. Theologians have been looking in the wrong places and pointing to the future because it hides the beast. The Holy Spirit has been showing me that it's time to expose and confront the beast.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Christ's elect of the last generation will... know when the coming new Jewish temple in Jerusalem is built"
Im assuming you hold to the 3.5? You make my case for me; Im not looking for a future sign to tell me what time it is, I'm looking for the Holy Spirit to lead me into all truth regarding what has already been revealed and what is about to be revealed.
I haven't made your case for you. That's not my job. The only way... your case can be made is by alignment with The Word of God as written. Have you done that with the theory you propose? No sir, you have not, and I certainly have not made a case for that either.

So you think I'm not speaking by the unction of The Holy Spirit when I quote to you Scripture witnesses about that future time at the end? And those Scriptures I referenced are not that difficult to understand for a disciple of Christ that disciplines theirself in His Word.

The actual time of "great tribulation" that Lord Jesus forewarned for the very end is set for the latter... half of the Daniel 9:27 "one week" (7 years). That is what the 1260 days of Rev.11 is about when God's "two witnesses" show up in Jerusalem at the end and prophesy against the beast for that 3.5 years, AS WRITTEN.

Do any events in the last three years coincide with Daniels prophecies as well as that which is found in Revelations Chapter 6? If you can't see it then I refer back to my original statement: we as a whole don't know if we have arrived at any one point.
You are definitely misled in your thinking, I have to say it, and it shows you really haven't studied The Scriptures enough to understand the events of the end leading up to Christ's future return.

The whole Revelation 6 chapter is a link to the SIGNS of the end which Lord Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13. At this present time today, we are already in the 4th Seal, which is part of the "beginning of sorrows" time that Jesus forewarned (Matthew 24:5-8).

When the event of the "abomination of desolation" IDOL in future Jerusalem is setup per the Matthew 24:15 verse, that is when the 'middle' of the "one week" will be, and will kick off the latter 3.5 years of the Dan.9:27 "one week", which will be the time of "great tribulation". (However, per Matthew 24:22, Jesus said He shortened that tribulation for the sake of His elect. So the 3.5 years, or 1260 days, or 42 months of Rev.11 is now just a blueprint of the events to come, those number of days no longer accurate. But Lord Jesus showed His elect to what time He shortened the tribulation to, just not where one would expect to find it in the Scriptures.)

BTW
This might be the only temple the Jews get. The third temple does exist and has been here awhile. It even remains situated next to the temple mount; but under ground. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaXbN1RX8X0
I don't know where the heck you're getting that WILD IDEA. The orthodox Jews in today's Jerusalem still have NO TEMPLE there. And if you try and say Christ's Church is what Apostle Paul's "temple of God" phrase is in 2 Thessalonians 2:4 that the coming "man of sin" false-Messiah is to sit in and play God at the end, then you are already deceived. I suggest you pray strongly to The Father in the Name of His Son Jesus Christ to open your eyes to His Word.

Bibleinvestigations

Jun 22, 2023
Melbourne Beach, FL
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The actual time of "great tribulation" that Lord Jesus forewarned for the very end is set for the latter... half of the Daniel 9:27 "one week" (7 years). That is what the 1260 days of Rev.11 is about when God's "two witnesses" show up in Jerusalem at the end and prophesy against the beast for that 3.5 years, AS WRITTEN.
You're getting closer...
You are definitely misled in your thinking, I have to say it, and it shows you really haven't studied The Scriptures enough to understand the events of the end leading up to Christ's future return.

The whole Revelation 6 chapter is a link to the SIGNS of the end which Lord Jesus gave in His Olivet discourse of Matthew 24 and Mark 13. At this present time today, we are already in the 4th Seal, which is part of the "beginning of sorrows" time that Jesus forewarned (Matthew 24:5-8).
Matthew 24 is not about the time of the end, it is all about the lives of the disciples.
When the event of the "abomination of desolation" IDOL in future Jerusalem is setup per the Matthew 24:15 verse, that is when the 'middle' of the "one week" will be, and will kick off the latter 3.5 years of the Dan.9:27 "one week", which will be the time of "great tribulation". (However, per Matthew 24:22, Jesus said He shortened that tribulation for the sake of His elect. So the 3.5 years, or 1260 days, or 42 months of Rev.11 is now just a blueprint of the events to come, those number of days no longer accurate. But Lord Jesus showed His elect to what time He shortened the tribulation to, just not where one would expect to find it in the Scriptures.)
Nope...

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I've had some discussion with some of the participants in another thread and was intrigued by the idea that Jesus fulfilled the first 3.5 years of the tribulation.
The desolating abominations are associated with the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple, and it's not unusual for apocalyptic/prophetic literature to mix two different topics into one and the same verse in one and the same text: We see it in prophetic literature all the time - the mention of the destruction of Israel (the Northern kingdom) in the Valley of Jezreel in one and the same verse where the uniting of Israel and Judah into one nation (after the restoration of both to God) is suddenly introduced - being a good example:

Hosea 1:11
(a) Then the sons of Judah and the sons of Israel shall be gathered together, and shall set over themselves one head,

(b) and they shall come up out of the land. For great shall be the day of Jezreel.

The part speaking about the coming up out of the land and the day of Jezreel (the day and place that Israel was judged) happened in circa 722 B.C (see Hosea 1:4-5), which is what Hosea Chapter 1 is talking about, but the first part of Hosea 1:11 is speaking of a future time that would occur 2,700+ years later.

Notice that Hosea did not write,

"Reader, please take note: This prophecy is about the judgment of the Northern kingdom of Israel ONLY. It's not about anything else just because God inspired me to pop into verse 11 an extra piece of information about the eventual reuniting of Israel and Judah into one nation with one Head.

Daniel 9:24-27

Subject: The coming of the Messiah.
Timing: 70 weeks from a certain point in time.
Purpose: To make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
Determined upon: Thy people and thy holy city.

Subject of verse 24: The Messiah.
Subject of verse 25: The Messiah.
Subject of verses 26-27: (a) The Messiah; and (b) the destruction of the city and the sanctuary by the prince of the people who was to come.

The prophecy was about the coming of the Messiah. Whatever else is said has to be understood in light of the subject. The desolating abominations are associated with the destruction of Jerusalem and the Temple, which is an added piece of information.

If the prophecy was about both the Messiah AND the people of the prince who was to come, the latter would also have got a mention in the beginning, in verses 24-25.

The 40-year gap between the crucifixion of the Messiah and the destruction of the city and temple does not change the meaning of the prophecy in any way - it's an added piece of information that is not part of the same 70-weeks prophecy.

Placing the fulfillment of Daniel's 70th "week" (Daniel 9:24-27) at the end of this Age as though it's referring to the final seven years of this Age is an anachronism.

Matthew 20
28 even as the Son of man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many.

Jeremiah 31
31 Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will cut a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah,

Matthew 26
28 For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

How many is many? Is it all?

.. to make atonement for iniquity.

Hebrews 10
5 Wherefore when he comes into the world, he says, Sacrifice and offering you would not, but a body have you prepared me:
6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin you have had no pleasure.
7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do your will, O God.

He caused sacrifice and offering to cease in the midst of the 70th week:

26 And after sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself. And the people of the ruler who shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. And the end of it shall be with the flood, and ruins are determined, until the end shall be war.

After the first 7+62 weeks = in the 70th week. The prince of the people who was to come destroyed the city and temple 40 years later. The desolating abominations are associated with this.

Last edited:

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I've had some discussion with some of the participants in another thread and was intrigued by the idea that Jesus fulfilled the first 3.5 years of the tribulation.
What is "the tribulation"?

Persecution of Jesus: John 5:16

Persecution of Christians: Matthew 5:10-12; John 15:20; Acts 22:4; Acts 26:11; 1 Corinthians 4:12; 1 Corinthians 15:9; 2 Corinthians 4:9; Galatians 1:13 & 23; Galatians 4:29; Galatians 5:11

Persecution of "the woman" who gave birth to the Messiah: Revelation 12:13

TRIBULATION OF APOSTLES OR CHRISTIANS:-

Matthew 13:21 (Parallel: Mark 4:17); Matthew 24:9 & 29 (Parallel Mark 13:24); John 16:33; Acts 11:19; Acts 14:22; Acts 20:23; Romans 5:3; Romans 8:35; Romans 12:12; 2 Corinthians 1:4, 6 & 8; 2 Corinthians 2:4; 2 Corinthians 4:8; 2 Corinthians 4:17; 2 Corinthians 6:4; 2 Corinthians 7:4-5; 2 Corinthians 8:2; Ephesians 3:13; Philippians 1:16; Philippians 4:14; Colossians 1:24; 1 Thessalonians 1:6; 1 Thessalonians 3:3-4 & 7; 2 Thessalonians 1:4, 6-7; 2 Timothy 1:8; 2 Timothy 3:11; 2 Timothy 4:5; Hebrews 10:32-33; 1 Peter 5:9; Revelation 1:9; Revelation 2:9-10, 22; Revelation 7:14.

GREAT TRIBULATION
(Greek: mégas thlîpsis)
Mentioned only three times in the New Testament:-

First mention: The Olivet Discourse: Matthew 24:21-22 (Parallel: Mark 13:19-20) *

"for then shall be mégas thlîpsis (great tribulation), such as has not been since the beginning of the world to this time; no, nor ever shall be. And unless those days should be shortened, no flesh would be saved.
But for the elect's sake, those days shall be shortened." (Also see Matthew 24:9).

"And immediately after the tribulation of those days, the sun shall be darkened and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from the heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken.
And then the sign of the Son of man shall appear in the heavens. And then all the tribes of the earth shall mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of the heaven with power and great glory.
And He shall send His angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather His elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other." (Matthew 24:29-31).

"And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they? And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of mégas thlîpsis (great tribulation), and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb." (Revelation 7:13-14 - the third and last mention of great tribulation in the New Testament).

Second mention: Revelation 2:21 "Behold, I will cast her (Jezebel) into a bed, and them (those Christians) that commit adultery with her into mégas thlîpsis (great tribulation), except they repent of their deeds."

* Luke 21:23 uses the words great distress and wrath to describe what was to come upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem (not the word tribulation):

"But woe to those who are with child, and to those suckling in those days! For there shall be great distress [anánkē] in the land and wrath [orgḗ] on this people."

(In Luke 21:20-24 Luke is writing about what Jesus said regarding the wrath of God that the inhabitants of Jerusalem would face when armies gather against the city and destroy the city),

but the tribulation or persecution of the disciples of Jesus in the days leading up to the coming of the Son of man is mentioned in Luke 21:12-19; Matthew 24:9-10; and Mark 13:9-13; and their redemption (ending their tribulation), is mentioned in Luke 21:25-36; Matthew 24:29-51; and Mark 13:24-37.

TRIBULATION OF NON-CHRISTIANS

There are only two verses in the New Testament referring to tribulation experienced by non-Christians:-

1. Of all who do evil: Romans 2:9.
2. Of the world as repayment for bringing tribulation upon the saints: 2 Thessalonians 1:6.

++++++++++++++++++++++++

THE 'PRE-TRIBULATION' MISNOMER

Referring to the judgement of God that is prophesied to come upon unbelievers | the enemies of Christ (which is produced by His wrath) as "the tribulation", or as "the great tribulation" is a complete and utter misnomer.

So what is "the tribulation" you are referring to?