7 Major Demonic Spirits Inflicting the Church

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
Plea: There is a major tide and wave that has flooded our assemblies. There is a disease and virus that we have allowed to slowly tear down and erode of churches immune system. These demonic spirits are ordained and commissioned by Satan himself to destroy, dismantle, decapitate, and demolish the church. They are trained to blend in and gain familiarity with the local church to launch its unseen yet destructive venom. They have attacked leaders, laymen, men, women, children, young, elderly, seasoned, and the unseasoned and have conquered all of them in some way! Wake up church and burn with the heavenly zeal of Christ Jesus unleash the kratos power that has been locked away in the years of our slumber and apostasy and launch a didactic, strategic, wise, and effective campaign against them. Human wisdom, power, intellect, intelligence, and might will not be able to conquer this threat! We need the eyes of God to uncover the secret covens, dens, contracts, plans, and schemes of these satanic and diabolical assailants. We needs the full armor of God, the Word of God, the eternal blood of Jesus the Christ, authority of Jesus the Messiah, power of the Holy Spirit, and effective and fervent prayer to defeat this foe.
NOTE: Traits listed are not canon meaning they are not written in law and may be loosely interpreted based of the individual, circumstances, church, etc. This is a general statement of 7 spirits that encompass a plethora amount of sins and wickedness at their disposal.

1. Religious Spirit
Key Scripture: Luke 7:39
Attributes: A demonic spirit that dances around as an angel of light and is really a devil of darkness. They masquerade under the cover of a discerning saint and is really a judgmental bigot sowing discord and confusion amongst the church they are assigned to. They work against the grace and free repentance of God and work for legalistic self righteous pride. Many who operate under the influence of this spirit operate under 1or more of these traits:
  • judgementalism
  • self-righteousness
  • religious pride
  • criticism
  • legalism
  • perfectionism
  • division
  • error (doctrinal falsehood)
  • unbelief
  • doubt
  • confusion
  • argumentism
  • false holiness
  • salvation by works
  • guilt
  • condemnation
  • fear of losing salvation
  • fear of God (unhealthy, scared feeling)
  • intolerance
2. Jezebel Spirit
Key Scripture: 1 Kings 18:13, Revelation 17:6
Attributes: A demonic spirit of control that aims to influence men and women in authority and control. The main purpose of this spirit is to gain power by any means necessary. Many under the influence of a Jezebel spirit enter a local assembly seeking positions and titles for themselves to begin their campaign to the highest seat of authority. Many times they enter as humble, willing, and very gifted people but it is a cover for their excessive pride, ambitious drive, and insecure weaknesses. If allowed to reach the seat of authority all they bring is destruction and misfortune. A person influenced by a jezebel spirit operate under 1 or more of these traits:
· Accusation
· Indecision
· Aggression
· Intimidation
· Attention seeking
· Insinuation
· Arrogance
· Insecurity
· Beguiling
· Inadequate
· Belittling
· Intellectualism
· Bickering
· Inhospitable
· Backbiting
· Interference
· Pride
· Witchcraft
· Rebellious
· Heretical
· Anit-God
· Sexual Immorality

3. Witchcraft Spirit
Key Scripture: Galatians 5:19-21
Attributes: The spirit of witchcraft affects the church by unleashing rebellion against godly leadership, God’s word, and the lifestyle of holiness. Satan can and does assign witches to certain churches to sow discord, rebellion, magic, and evil in the church to hinder the move and presence of God. The spirit of witchcraft looks to gain power and knowledge aside from the true and holy power of God. When there are people operating under the spirit of witchcraft there is a since of confusion, discord, immorality, anger, evil and wickedness that penetrates and fills the local church. Many operating under the influence of a witchcraft spirit have 1 or more of these traits:
· Super-Spiritual
· Rebellion
· Confusion
· Emotional Manipulation
· Intimidation
· Immorality
· Flattery
· Discouragement
· Soul Ties
· Sickness
· Control
· Divination/false prophecy
· Idolatry
· Wickedness
· Horoscopes
· Astronomy
· Mantras
· “New Age” beliefs
· Eastern Spirituality

4. Divination “False Prophecy” Spirit
Key Scriptures: Deuteronomy 18:10
Attributes: The spirit of divination is becoming a prevalent spirit amongst church ministers and prophets. Many are arising claiming to have a prophecy from God and yet has originated from their own mind, emotionalism, and or Satan himself. The power of this spirit has ruined many Christian walks and faith because of the destruction of the false prophecy given to them by someone operating under a spirit of divination. The spirit of divination causes confusion, discord, and destruction in the local church. A person operating under a spirit of divination has 1 or more of these traits:
· False prophecy
· Confusion
· Destruction
· Falsehood
· Greed
· Idolatry
· Impiety
· False Doctrine
· False spirituality
· Anti-God
· Anti-Christ
· Apostasy
· Jezebel spirit
· Witchcraft spirit
· Familiar spirit
5. Idolatrous “Foreign gods” spirit
Key Scripture: 1 Corinthians 10:14
Attributes: The spirit of idolatry arises to sway and persuade the people of God to worship false gods and deities. Which ultimately leads to the wrath and chastisement of God for he will not be second to anyone. The spirit of idolatry flourishes when there is a spirit of jezebel, divination, and witchcraft operating in a strong position of influence and authority in the local church. The spirit of idolatry utilizes materialism, greed, entertainment, “gifted” people, pride, and leaders to unleash it’s deadly venom. People operating under a spirit of idolatry have 1 or more of these traits:
· Greed
· Materialistic
· “New Age” beliefs
· Horoscopes
· Astronomy
· Mythology
· Idol Worship
· Divination
· Jezebel spirit
· Confusion
· Immorality
· Apostasy
· Satanic worship

6. Lukewarm “Complacent/ Indifferent” spirit
Key Scripture: Revelation 3:16
Attributes: This spirit is a major plague to the general church body. This spirit places a mirage of indifference and complacency in the minds of the believers. A lack of concern for missions, witnessing, growth, spiritual vitality, and sound doctrine all plague the believer and church under the influence of a lukewarm spirit. Emphasis upon wealth, prosperity, greed, frugality, and church numbers consume the time, resources, and focus of the believer and the church. Apostasy, scandal, and sin corrupt the church under the influence of a lukewarm spirit. A believer or church under the influence of a lukewarm spirit contain 1 or more of these traits:
· Apostasy
· Scandal
· Immorality
· Greed
· Indifference
· Confusion
· Witchcraft spirits
· Religious spirits
· Divination spirits
· “New Age” Beliefs
· Idol worship
· Astronomy

7. Familiar Spirits “Secret Agent”
Key Scripture: Leviticus 19:31
Attributes: Familiar spirits are the core agents of destruction commissioned by Satan to cripple the church. These spirits are sent on assignment to study, record, and report to Satan the familiarities and commonalities of the church. These spirits make themselves familiar with the church to launch their attacks undetected. Familiar spirits utter false prophetic words, outburst of false praise, and counterfeit moves of the Spirit that fool the majority of the undiscerning believers into believing that these demonic movements are of God and really are of the pits of Hell. Familiar spirits utilize every possible weapon to cripple the church. Individuals or churches under the influence of a familiar spirit operate under 1 or more of these traits:
· Confusion
· Deception
· Divination
· Jezebel spirits
· Lukewarm spirits
· Religious spirits
· Idolatrous spirits
· Sabotage
· Scandal
· Demonic activity
· Depression
· Vexation
· Coldness
· Hyper-emotionalism
· Fanaticism
· Witchcraft spirits
· Satanic worship
· Astronomy
· Psychic works
· Immorality

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
This list is itself a spiritualizing occultic approach that can easily be used to derail a real attempt at getting to the truth.

The bible does not use this kind of reasoning.

Rather we see the great powers arrayed against the church as...

Mammon: the love of money and power (we are to give it away)

Pride: the downfall of the devil and many believers in Jesus (think of oneself as lowly)

Ambition: The desire to be seen as great (seek obscurity)

Love of this world: Conflicted interst and a divided heart. (Love God)

Wisdom of this world: Rails against the simplicity of childlike faith (become as fools here)

Presumption:: Claiming something other than we actually have (claim nothing)

Judgementalism: Looking down on others to prop oneself up. (esteem others as higher than oneself)

IanLC

Encounter Team
Mar 22, 2011
North Carolina
What do you mean this is misleading? These are a general set of spirits along with many others that seek to cripple the effectiveness and growth of the church!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What do you mean this is misleading? These are a general set of spirits along with many others that seek to cripple the effectiveness and growth of the church!

By spiritualizing bad character as spirits we can claim to not be responsible. That is the real problem with Christendom today...no one is responsible. The Holy Spirit used to bring conviction for sins...but it seems we are above all that today. Instead we blame outside forces.

That is not to say that evil spirits are not at work in the church...they ARE! But these would have us NOT take responsibility for our own actions.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Plea: There is a major tide and wave that has flooded our assemblies. There is a disease and virus that we have allowed to slowly tear down and erode of churches immune system. These demonic spirits are ordained and commissioned by Satan himself to destroy, dismantle, decapitate, and demolish the church. They are trained to blend in and gain familiarity with the local church to launch its unseen yet destructive venom. They have attacked leaders, laymen, men, women, children, young, elderly, seasoned, and the unseasoned and have conquered all of them in some way! Wake up church and burn with the heavenly zeal of Christ Jesus unleash the kratos power that has been locked away in the years of our slumber and apostasy and launch a didactic, strategic, wise, and effective campaign against them. Human wisdom, power, intellect, intelligence, and might will not be able to conquer this threat! We need the eyes of God to uncover the secret covens, dens, contracts, plans, and schemes of these satanic and diabolical assailants. We needs the full armor of God, the Word of God, the eternal blood of Jesus the Christ, authority of Jesus the Messiah, power of the Holy Spirit, and effective and fervent prayer to defeat this foe.

Hi UHCAI!
The list you have posted is in general some of the demonic influences that can plague Churches today in varying degrees. I agree that Churches have their own specific set of influences due to many factors which include: The Pastor's Mantle, The Churches Mandate, The environment, The members and the people who live in the area whom the Church wishes to minister. These battles are on-going and will continue until the enemy's influence on this earth is taken away according to the will of God and the power of our Christ.

The Churches today, remind me very much of the Children of Israel who were born, lived and came out of the wilderness. They were the one's whom God chose to take the promised land. They were not learned in the art of warfare like their forefathers but their leaders [Joshua and Caleb] were obedient to the leading of God and many of the battles were won when they listened and obeyed his will. It is very much the same today as God deals with the enemy of his body which is the Church. When they listen and obey his will according to the leading of the Holy Spirit, the enemy is defeated.
Prayer is the key to breakthrough and God has given his Church the authority to bind and loose enemy influences according to the will of God and the power of Christ our Lord and Savior and the gates of hell shall not prevail. Matthew 16:16-17, 18,19, 20.

Hi Episk!
I also agree with your list which is actually a condensed version of the one above. Being able to identify a general set of demonic influences over Churches today is not that easy because there are so many combination's but the same enemy. I'd like to summarize even more so with this verse which relates more to our own personal responsibilities rather than other outside demonic influences:

1 John 2
16 For all that is in the world—the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not of the Father but is of the world. 17 And the world is passing away, and the lust of it; but he who does the will of God abides forever...

Shalom!!!

Reactions: Angelina

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
UCHAlan... I agree... This is no Sunday School picnic!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
selfishness manifests in many evil behaviors.....

Reactions: aspen

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Great post and thanks..I thought maybe it was just me....or just a few others that was aware of all the Spirits....I agree Angelina..the same spirit behind all

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Hi Shep!

The biggest encounter I have ever had in a Church [as a prayer warrior in a team situation] has been Jezebel. Although this spirit can be found in males, it usually manifests in females and attaches itself to their lower spine. Jezebel is sometimes accompanied by a husband with an Ahabic nature. She is mainly found in Charismatic/ Pentecostal Churches because most mainline Churches hold a strong view regarding women in leadership. Jezebel is a powerful controlling spirit that gains position in a Church very quickly. She has many gifts and talents and tends to lean toward Prophecy, Worship, teaching and other areas of spiritual significance. Jezebel will not take discipline/ correction because she thinks that she is right. She normally has the Pastor's ear [by gaining his trust] and can convince him on certain matters of direction via prophecy or a word of knowledge and supposed "discerning of spirits." Jezebel often uses Witchcraft and Sexual Lust, interchangeably according to the situation at hand. The only way this spirit can be dealt with is through deliverance [by her own admission and free will] or casting her out of the Church entirely.

Revelation 2
19 “I know your works, love, service, faith, and your patience; and as for your works, the last are more than the first. 20 Nevertheless I have a few things against you, because you allow that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophetess, to teach and seduce My servants to commit sexual immorality and eat things sacrificed to idols. 21 And I gave her time to repent of her sexual immorality, and she did not repent. 22 Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds. 23 I will kill her children with death, and all the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

I have seen Churches devastated by this spirit and families torn apart by her false teaching...The only way to discern this spirit clearly is through the gift of discernment. That is why it is so important that prayer warriors are praying regularly for their Pastor's, leaders and Church members. :huh:

Bless you!!!

Reactions: Angelina

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
I could feel some of what you are talking about Ian it feels like they want to apply their sinful agenda to the true beleievers. One of the best best weapons against them is to become aware of them God can make us very sharp so we do not take them on or absorb them by mistake it can be very harmful to us.

selfishness manifests in many evil behaviors.....

Speaking of which what are you trying to accomplish on this site ?

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use to participate in the Appalachian Conference of Pentecostal Holiness Churches back when I had time to do so. I was a youth camp one time and told a brother to beware of the devil in church people. Well, he exploded... The devil can't trespass against the blood he said. He even took steps against me to the directors.

Well, I was at a Camp Meeting years later and the gentleman looked me up. He said he wanted to apologize for what he had done, in which I had graciously accepted. I have often wondered what kind of troubles the poor man went through to arrive at the decision that I was right in what I had said. The devil can come against church people. And when he does so... Look out! Most of the time the religious people are the only ones to know that they are operating outside God's anointing!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I could feel some of what you are talking about Ian it feels like they want to apply their sinful agenda to the true beleievers. One of the best best weapons against them is to become aware of them God can make us very sharp so we do not take them on or absorb them by mistake it can be very harmful to us.

Speaking of which what are you trying to accomplish on this site ?

I am trying to convert you to Romanism, Comm.Arnold - isn't that obvious by now?

Not sure what your problem is with me, CA - but whatever it is, it is obvious you are more bothered by it than I will ever be. So, carry on.

Stefcui

Jan 29, 2012
The City
The biggest encounter I have ever had in a Church ...has been Jezebel. Although this spirit can be found in males, it usually manifests in females... Jezebel is sometimes accompanied by a husband with an Ahabic nature. She is mainly found in Charismatic/ Pentecostal Churches because most mainline Churches hold a strong view regarding women in leadership. Jezebel is a powerful controlling spirit that gains position in a Church very quickly. She has many gifts and talents and tends to lean toward Prophecy, Worship, teaching and other areas of spiritual significance. Jezebel will not take discipline/ correction because she thinks that she is right. She normally has the Pastor's ear [by gaining his trust] and can convince him on certain matters of direction via prophecy or a word of knowledge and supposed "discerning of spirits."

WOW. I never thought I would here this from another female. I am deeply impressed by your discernment, Angelina, at least in regard to the few posts I have thus far read. This Jezebel spirit is not easy to see. A church can be plagued by it and still no one see it. It is basically a formula you can see in church after church with strong opinionated females dominating over the minister. They often need to teach, or need to have their say in church councils. This is so tricky, because you want to encourage women to feel inclusive and valuable; but then comes the noose. The Ahab spirit is also very blind to this influence. Ahab loves the female attention, and loves to have people agree with him; even when his idea is not his, but hers.

This spirit had the prophets hiding in caves. Even Elijah ran from fear of reprisals. Elijah was about as powerful a prophet as there was, and he ran. God has forewarned us in Revelation that this spirit would infect the churches; and it has. I have backed down from it; even ran at times. This spirit can really do some damage. God has given me the sight to see many spirits. This is one ugly spirit that resides in Christian women. If only they knew how ugly this is; their vanity alone would do everything to be cleansed from this. It sniffs people with a grotesque wet nose. It uses woman to flatter and get the attention of men. It does not matter if the female is attractive or not; the demon will compel them to act that way. Demons are really bizarre the way they affect behaviour in Christians. They follow any type of sin. Basically, if a Christian sins they can have devils. They induce people into sin, and then stay with them like a flu virus. The flu virus then affects others.

This is why repentance and holiness are so important; Babylon the Great is a resting house of devils (Rev 18:2). It is a church that sins that is a resting place to devils. Churches need to repent. They need to treat sin in the same way we treat the swine flu. Sin is worse to a church. With swine flu you die; with sin you just spread the disease. May the Lord help cleanse us of sin and these demons affecting the churches.

God Bless
Steve

Comm.Arnold

Apr 7, 2011
I am trying to convert you to Romanism, Comm.Arnold - isn't that obvious by now?

Not sure what your problem is with me, CA - but whatever it is, it is obvious you are more bothered by it than I will ever be. So, carry on.

I'm not actually bothered by you, obviously you want to get to me and other people on the forum you just exposed that in yourself. Looks like it's working out for you :)

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Thanks Steve and Rocky!

God has given me the sight to see many spirits.
He has also given me this gift and the ability to discern the spiritual realm.

Jezebel tends to have a lot of health issues particularly endometriosis and lower abdominal problems. This is due to the demon attached to her lower spine. She will not come under authority to anyone but rather manipulates situations and people so that things go her way. She loves to be admired and glories in her accomplishments...Jezebel has a strong hold on her family as well and interferes in her children's lives, even though they may be married and have children of their own. Everything in her sphere of influence is tainted with her tentacles of control, manipulation, witchcraft and seduction...a nasty power demon and difficult to remove from a believer but certainly not impossible for God.

Bless you!!!

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Thanks darling...have you encountered the Queen of Ice yet? Very powerful, similar to Jezebel but much colder in their demeanor..Love gets them everytime...Just fill the room with the Love of Christ and the Glory...she has to go then...

Lively Stone

Jan 15, 2012
Ontario, Canada
WOW. I never thought I would here this from another female. I am deeply impressed by your discernment, Angelina, at least in regard to the few posts I have thus far read. This Jezebel spirit is not easy to see. A church can be plagued by it and still no one see it. It is basically a formula you can see in church after church with strong opinionated females dominating over the minister. They often need to teach, or need to have their say in church councils. This is so tricky, because you want to encourage women to feel inclusive and valuable; but then comes the noose. The Ahab spirit is also very blind to this influence. Ahab loves the female attention, and loves to have people agree with him; even when his idea is not his, but hers.

This spirit had the prophets hiding in caves. Even Elijah ran from fear of reprisals. Elijah was about as powerful a prophet as there was, and he ran. God has forewarned us in Revelation that this spirit would infect the churches; and it has. I have backed down from it; even ran at times. This spirit can really do some damage. God has given me the sight to see many spirits. This is one ugly spirit that resides in Christian women. If only they knew how ugly this is; their vanity alone would do everything to be cleansed from this. It sniffs people with a grotesque wet nose. It uses woman to flatter and get the attention of men. It does not matter if the female is attractive or not; the demon will compel them to act that way. Demons are really bizarre the way they affect behaviour in Christians. They follow any type of sin. Basically, if a Christian sins they can have devils. They induce people into sin, and then stay with them like a flu virus. The flu virus then affects others.

This is why repentance and holiness are so important; Babylon the Great is a resting house of devils (Rev 18:2). It is a church that sins that is a resting place to devils. Churches need to repent. They need to treat sin in the same way we treat the swine flu. Sin is worse to a church. With swine flu you die; with sin you just spread the disease. May the Lord help cleanse us of sin and these demons affecting the churches.

God Bless
Steve

This is excelent and exactly what I have witnessed on occasion in the past. I praise God that our leaders in the church we go to now are highly anointed in the discerning gifts, so that these types are cut off at the pass before any acting out or damage is done. In a church that strongly challenges people to live their faith, you don;t see many with this Jezebel spirit sticking around. Pastor says, "You either grow or you go!" LOL!

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not actually bothered by you, obviously you want to get to me and other people on the forum you just exposed that in yourself. Looks like it's working out for you :)

If attempting to engage in thoughtful, challenging, Christian discussion is 'trying to get to [you] and other people on this forum' than I guess I am guilty! What are you afraid of?

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Mercy hate to be in that church...not all grow at the same rate and some take longer than others...that is what a church is for helping us to mature in Christ...The Queen of Ice usually hangs with Jezebel, she takes a back seat most of the time but will come forth in the condescending way with the perfect smile and the let me tell you attitude...She loves to gossip and loves to act holier than thou..she freezes people she does not like out...she makes me cold from the inside out during deliverance ministry... have to bring in the fire of God to melt the ice from around the heart...pour Christ's love over them...that melts even the coldest of people...I find them in church and just start praying in tongues..they sure can give you that I see you smile...