A BIBLICAL WARNING TO “PROFESSING” CHRISTIANS

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bigape

May 22, 2008
One of Satan’s lies in the last days, to detour people from getting saved, is by allowing them to receive a vision or see a sign.

I have ran into this lie several times over the years....
I recall visiting with a man and talking to him about getting saved, and he told me about a vision he had seen of three crosses in the sky, and how he knew that he was saved, because of this vision.
--------------------------------------------------
The Bible says NOTHING about seeing signs, as being proof of ANYTHING!

In fact, Jesus warned us about it........
Matthew 16:4
“A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.”

The reason, that giving any weight to “signs” is wicked, is because it lifts up self, instead of humbling us; And the reason it is adulterous, is because the sign or vision, becomes a false god to us and others.
Although signs and wonders give most people that “goose bumpy feeling”, they are something to be shunned and avoided...........
Matthew 24:23-24
V.23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not.
V.24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Sure enough, some famous people did report seeing signs; Such as Ellen G. White, Joseph Smith, and most other false prophets; And interest in these people’s signs and visions, drew many millions of poor lost soles into a net, that will take them to hell.

But Satan isn’t through yet. He wants to take as many to hell with him, as he can:
(Misery loves company!)

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
Yes people should test spirits to see where the sign is coming from, but God does gives signs and speak, I see him speaking to me in everything

bigape

May 22, 2008
Hello Disciple

You said..........
“Yes people should test spirits to see where the sign is coming from, but God does gives signs and speak, I see him speaking to me in everything”

I know what you mean; I hear the Lord’s voice every day(His still small voice, to my heart), and I see His hand moving in my life, every day.

But.......it’s wrong for me(or you), to call seeing His hand, a “sign”. Because it’s not.
It’s not a sign, because it wouldn’t be considered supernatural, to anyone else.

When I see His hand in my life, I know it’s “His hand” because it’s something that I have been praying for.
Anyone else that would see it, would just call it luck or something else.

Therefore be careful, talking about “SIGNS”:
Biblically, that word sends the wrong message to others.

Disciple

Soldiers United 4 Christ
Feb 3, 2011
Dallas Tx
He speaks to me everyday, all the time and sometimes he even gives me signs sometimes when my flesh is really weak just a sign that hes with me or caring for me, sometimes even a sign for a reminder that its the last days.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have been in the last days since the Resurrection

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
One of Satan’s lies in the last days, to detour people from getting saved, is by allowing them to receive a vision or see a sign.

I have ran into this lie several times over the years....
I recall visiting with a man and talking to him about getting saved, and he told me about a vision he had seen of three crosses in the sky, and how he knew that he was saved, because of this vision.

“A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.”

The reason, that giving any weight to “signs” is wicked, is because it lifts up self, instead of humbling us; And the reason it is adulterous, is because the sign or vision, becomes a false god to us and others.
Although signs and wonders give most people that “goose bumpy feeling”, they are something to be shunned and avoided...........
Matthew 24:23-24
V.23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not.
V.24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

Sure enough, some famous people did report seeing signs; Such as Ellen G. White, Joseph Smith, and most other false prophets; And interest in these people’s signs and visions, drew many millions of poor lost soles into a net, that will take them to hell.

But Satan isn’t through yet. He wants to take as many to hell with him, as he can:
(Misery loves company!)

What are the man's fruits? Or is he just fruity?

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods

Signs are proof of God's power and foreknowledge of His prophetic Word. Not all signs are from God and not all things we consider signs are actual signs!

Acts 2:18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:
19 And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come:
21 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

"A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed."

That's not a warning for Christian's. That's a warning for the Pharisees and Sadducees who were seeking a sign to prove that Jesus was the Christ.

Matthew 12:38 ¶Then certain of the scribes and of the Pharisees answered, saying, Master, we would see a sign from thee.
39 But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:
40 For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.
41 The men of Nineveh shall rise in judgment with this generation, and shall condemn it: because they repented at the preaching of Jonas; and, behold, a greater than Jonas is here.

The reason, that giving any weight to "signs" is wicked, is because it lifts up self, instead of humbling us; And the reason it is adulterous, is because the sign or vision, becomes a false god to us and others.

Although signs and wonders give most people that "goose bumpy feeling", they are something to be shunned and avoided...........

Not all signs are wicked and not all things are signs. People do get dreams, visions, or other signs and they're often misunderstood or misinterpret.

Sings and wonders are prophecied for the end just preceeding the Lord's return, and those signs will turn many to God.

If you don't believe in dreams, visions, or signs...you don't get them!

Signs and wonders...they aren't a bad thing!

Robbie

Jan 4, 2011
Huntington Beeach
Yeah... I also to immediately thought of acts... probably because I have the scripture hanging on my wall... haha

'In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams."

So my guess is like anything God's people will do the real and satan will try and impostor it...

That's why we have to test every Spirit...