A Common Error

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
and yes, I'm saying that the same Spirit, the Holy Spirit that is in Adam is in Christ. well scott, if you believe diffrent, question, is the Holy Spirit that was in Adam (the breath of Life) is it a a diffrent or "another" Spirit, please answer.
There is nothing in Scripture to suggest that the Holy Spirit was in Adam at the time he was created. God breathed into him the breath of life, meaning that He gave life to clay (as He does to every living creature). Simply that.

Had Adam possessed the Holy Spirit, he would probably not have foolishly disobeyed God for absolutely no benefit.

Reactions: ScottA

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have your opinion and I have mine and we are certainly not together on it. Paul said it was HIDDEN since the world began but you say it wasn't. I will believe Paul.

Deut 29:29
29 "The secret things belong to the Lord our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law.
NKJV
first thanks for the reply. No, I have no opinion of my own, and yes it was hidden to them who don't believe. scripture,
1Cor 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: (Stop you might want to read that again)
1Cor 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
1Cor 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Cor 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God".

the wisdom of God have always been here.

your history is flawed. example, before Israel and the Jews came along, there was a man from Oz who knew these things. and he was a, "son of God", and that man name was Job. Job was keeping God commands and had fellowship with God. and as a matter of fact job was keeping God feast day way long before any people called the Jews was even a nation.

so don't get caught up in who know and don't know, for God have revealed himself unto men,
Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds".

and there was many prophets in the bible before these few who you're acquainted with now.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is nothing in Scripture to suggest that the Holy Spirit was in Adam at the time he was created. God breathed into him the breath of life, meaning that He gave life to clay (as He does to every living creature). Simply that.

Had Adam possessed the Holy Spirit, he would probably not have foolishly disobeyed God for absolutely no benefit.
apparently you have not read the bible either. just like Adam then and you now have the same Holy Spirit in you now... I hope. just assuming you do, have you not sinned? please answer.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it's becoming very apparent that some people do not understand the difference between spirit and the soul of man.

1John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us”.
as long as we're in this flesh body we're subject to sin, just like Adam. scripture,
Rom 8:20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

Understand something, the spirit in you don’t sin, but that thing called the soul it can.. Listen, Ezek 18:4 Behold, all souls are mine; as the soul of the father, so also the soul of the son is mine: the soul that sinneth, it shall die.

the spirit returnes to the one who gave it at death ... God. now if anyone want to call God sin, that's on U.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for your reply, second i was very clear. but Error on your part. I never said nor implied that the Holy Spirit sinned. and yes, I'm saying that the same Spirit, the Holy Spirit that is in Adam is in Christ. well scott, if you believe diffrent, question, is the Holy Spirit that was in Adam (the breath of Life) is it a a diffrent or "another" Spirit, please answer.
Adam first walked with God in the same spirit, but then
first thanks for your reply, second i was very clear. but Error on your part. I never said nor implied that the Holy Spirit sinned. and yes, I'm saying that the same Spirit, the Holy Spirit that is in Adam is in Christ. well scott, if you believe diffrent, question, is the Holy Spirit that was in Adam (the breath of Life) is it a a diffrent or "another" Spirit, please answer.
In the beginning Adam walked with God. But the breath/spirit that was given him was the same spirit that went on to sin, not a new spirit, and not the spirit of God, which is evident because he sinned.

So then, there is a spirit of God, and there is a spirit or breath of life. But even Christ was born without the spirit of God, for it did not descend upon Him until it was time.

These things are so, because God created each "after its kind", of which none was begotten of God until Christ. Thus, all other "kinds" do not share in the same spirit, but have been created "a little lower than the angels."

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam first walked with God in the same spirit, but then

In the beginning Adam walked with God. But the breath/spirit that was given him was the same spirit that went on to sin, not a new spirit, and not the spirit of God, which is evident because he sinned.

So then, there is a spirit of God, and there is a spirit or breath of life. But even Christ was born without the spirit of God, for it did not descend upon Him until it was time.

These things are so, because God created each "after its kind", of which none was begotten of God until Christ. Thus, all other "kinds" do not share in the same spirit, but have been created "a little lower than the angels."
First thanks for the reply, the spirit in us sin not, but the soul do. and the breath in Adam nostrils is the spirit of God in man.
Job 27:3 All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils.

Adam spirit did not sin.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
first thanks for the reply. No, I have no opinion of my own, and yes it was hidden to them who don't believe. scripture,
1Cor 2:7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: (Stop you might want to read that again)
1Cor 2:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
1Cor 2:9 But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.
1Cor 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God".

the wisdom of God have always been here.

your history is flawed. example, before Israel and the Jews came along, there was a man from Oz who knew these things. and he was a, "son of God", and that man name was Job. Job was keeping God commands and had fellowship with God. and as a matter of fact job was keeping God feast day way long before any people called the Jews was even a nation.

so don't get caught up in who know and don't know, for God have revealed himself unto men,
Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Heb 1:2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds".

and there was many prophets in the bible before these few who you're acquainted with now.

Why do you insist on saying my "WHAT EVER" is flawed, wrong, what ever. Can't you just say what you believe without the personal accusations. No you can't because what you wish to do is elevate yourself over me and that is the sin of PRIDE.

But since you can't stop your sinning then I will not reply to you any longer.

1 Cor 2:7-8 Paul writing
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
NKJV

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you insist on saying my "WHAT EVER" is flawed, wrong, what ever. Can't you just say what you believe without the personal accusations. No you can't because what you wish to do is elevate yourself over me and that is the sin of PRIDE.

But since you can't stop your sinning then I will not reply to you any longer.

1 Cor 2:7-8 Paul writing
7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, the hidden wisdom which God ordained before the ages for our glory,
8 which none of the rulers of this age knew; for had they known, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.
NKJV
personal accusations? you say.
2Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
(smile).

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So the bible is split into two parts? For two different peoples?
There are two Bodies, two Churches, two spirits...??

Please explain:
1 Corinthians 12:12-13
12For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ.
13For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit.

Also Epesians 4:4:
3being diligent to preserve the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.
4There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling;5one Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.

And could you explain...did Jesus speak to the Jews or to the Gentiles?

And your condescending attitude is not appreciated.
If you don't wish to discuss this, just don't answer.

Like many others on this forum you insist on accusations which are not true but elevate yourself. It is the sin of pride.

First of all Paul only writes to those under grace. Only Paul wrote about """"THE BODY OF CHRIST""" if you don't believe that then show scriptures that say otherwise.

I have posted the scriptures that say WHO Jesus came too and so have others. Do you have eyes to see the truth in these scriptures?

D. THE ARRIVAL OF THE MESSIAH:

Let me make it clear that Jesus Christ, by His own words, did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the "kingdom of heaven" TO the Gentiles. The following scriptures support my view.

Matt 10:5-7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Matt 15:23-24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Paul said: Rom 15:8 (NKJ)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

If you still wish to argue this then bye.

H. Richard

Sep 16, 2015
Southeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
personal accusations? you say.
2Tim 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
(smile).

And every religious person wants to quotes the same scripture. You are not my teacher. The Holy Spirit teaches the children of God, not man.

What made you include (smile)? Did it please you to make that dig? The one thing I see in the children of God is humility. You certainly don't seem to have any.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the """"THE BODY OF CHRIST""" who spoke of it? let's see,

Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

oh my gosh God is preaching about the BODY of CHRIST to Come... oh the world is coming to and end, somebody beside the apostle Paul is preaching about the BODY OF CHRIST.

Reactions: GodsGrace

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Holy Spirit teaches
Gen 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

well you got that right, he teaches the "CHILDREN of GOD". amen.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
  1. Yes. No more are there Jew or gentile, slave or free, male or female, but all are one in Christ Jesus.
  2. God does distinguish a difference. Which was why Jesus commented on it, saying, "No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him"
  3. Jesus said "other sheep I have which are not of this fold"...meaning two folds. Which have been identified as "first to the Jew, then to the Greek (gentile)."
OK Scott. It took 3 tries, but I think we agree.
I wish we all studied from the same "dictionary"!

No. 2 sounds a little calvinistic, but the Father does draw everyone..some choose to accept and some do not.

Reactions: ScottA

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Like many others on this forum you insist on accusations which are not true but elevate yourself. It is the sin of pride.

First of all Paul only writes to those under grace. Only Paul wrote about """"THE BODY OF CHRIST""" if you don't believe that then show scriptures that say otherwise.

I have posted the scriptures that say WHO Jesus came too and so have others. Do you have eyes to see the truth in these scriptures?

D. THE ARRIVAL OF THE MESSIAH:

Let me make it clear that Jesus Christ, by His own words, did not come to minister to the Gentiles, nor was His message "the kingdom gospel" sent to the Gentiles. He did not offer the "kingdom of heaven" TO the Gentiles. The following scriptures support my view.

Matt 10:5-7 (NKJ)
5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: "Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans.
6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.
7 "And as you go, preach, saying, 'The kingdom of heaven is at hand.'

Matt 15:23-24 (NKJ)
23 But He answered her not a word. And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, "Send her away, for she cries out after us."
24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Paul said: Rom 15:8 (NKJ)
8 Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

If you still wish to argue this then bye.
:rolleyes: The following is not for you, but for those interested.

As @101G already noted in post no. 111, the SEED of Mary in Genesis 3:15 means all of humanity. Since Adam represented all of humanking, so did the woman's seed represent all of human kind.

The Abrahamic Covenant teaches us that God wanted Abraham to be the Father of a great nation. Every covenant built on the prior... so, the Davidic Covenant is for all nations on earth. Jeremiah 23:5, Psalm 89:3-4. Jesus would be the King of David's house and His throne would be established forever and over all the earth...both spiritually now, and literally at the end of the age.

Mathew 24:14 Jesus plainly states that the gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world.

John 5:28-29 Jesus says that all who are in the tombs shall hear His voice.

John 11:26 Jesus says that everyone who believes in Him will never die.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world...

Mathew 22 The parable of the Marriage Feast. The invited did not attend...those from the street were brought into the feast, as long as they were properly dressed.

John 4:10 Jesus tells the Samaritan woman she could ask God for a "drink" and He would give her living water.

John 4:14 Jesus tells the woman that whoever drinks of the water that Jesus will give them, will never thirst again and will have eternal life.

Jesus came to His own...but His message was for everyone.
In Mathew 10 He sends the Apostles to Israel...eventually He is ready to give His message to all the world and so tells His Apostles to do this in Mathew 28.

Romans 1:19-20 clearly states that God draws all men to Himself and that they are without excuse.

Anyone, at anytime, in any place on earth, could have had faith in God and belonged to His family...ONE family, not two.

It always required faith to be saved...both in the O.T. and the N.T.
The New Covenant does not replace the Mosaic Covenant...it just makes it better.

There is one God and One Body.
There is neither male nor female, gentile or jew...
Galatians 3:28

Last edited:

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:rolleyes: The following is not for you, but for those interested.

As @101G already noted in post no. 111, the SEED of Mary in Genesis 3:15 means all of humanity. Since Adam represented all of humanking, so did the woman's seed represent all of human kind.

The Abrahamic Covenant teaches us that God wanted Abraham to be the Father of a great nation. Every covenant built on the prior... so, the Davidic Covenant is for all nations on earth. Jeremiah 23:5, Psalm 89:3-4. Jesus would be the King of David's house and His throne would be established forever and over all the earth...both spiritually now, and literally at the end of the age.

Mathew 24:14 Jesus plainly states that the gospel of the Kingdom will be preached in the whole world.

John 5:28-29 Jesus says that all who are in the tombs shall hear His voice.

John 11:26 Jesus says that everyone who believes in Him will never die.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world...

Mathew 22 The parable of the Marriage Feast. The invited did not attend...those from the street were brought into the feast, as long as they were properly dressed.

John 4:10 Jesus tells the Samaritan woman she could ask God for a "drink" and He would give her living water.

John 4:14 Jesus tells the woman that whoever drinks of the water that Jesus will give them, will never thirst again and will have eternal life.

Jesus came to His own...but His message was for everyone.
In Mathew 10 He sends the Apostles to Israel...eventually He is ready to give His message to all the world and so tell His Apostles to do in Mathew 28.

Romans 1:19-20 clearly states that God draws all men to Himself and that they are without excuse.

Anyone, at anytime, in any place on earth, could have had faith in God and belonged to His family...ONE family, not two.

It always required faith to be saved...both in the O.T. and the N.T.
The New Covenant does not replace the Mosaic Covenant...it just makes it better.

There is one God and One Body.
There is neither male nor female, gentile or jew...
Galatians 3:28
Great, Good, only one half percent off at the end. but everything else ok. , "The New Covenant does not replace the Mosaic Covenant...it just makes it better".

a better covenant is "BASED" on good thing to come, which replaces the OLD. scripture,
2Cor 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

as with the Mosaic Covenant. scripture,
Heb 8:12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First thanks for the reply, the spirit in us sin not, but the soul do. and the breath in Adam nostrils is the spirit of God in man.
Job 27:3 All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils.

Adam spirit did not sin.
You are picking out what suits you, as if the scriptures contradicted themselves to say that the Holy Spirit was given to Adam, and even Job, before Christ sent Him. As long as you do not reconcile the word, the error is yours.

As for the quote from Job, He did not speak for God, but in his own defense - your quote does your claim not good. In a "parable" he "uttered what he did not understand", and God confirmed it as such. And now you do the same, not reconciling what you do not understand.

The foreshadowing image created in Adam, was not the same as that which was made real in Christ, the only begotten Son.

Last edited:

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
There you go again!!!!!!!! I never said that Jesus preached today is worthy of damnation. Look at yourself and you will see how more confused a person can get.

Stop lying about what I say.
The gospel of the kingdom is what Jesus preached.

And this is what you accuse me of lying about...which you are actually yourself lying about. Read your own post.

It is a common error for religious preachers/teachers to assume that the Pauline Gospel of Grace should be blended in with what Jesus and the 11 preached. I feel this is a deadly error that will send many to Hell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are picking out what suits you, as if the scriptures contradicted themselves to say that the Holy Spirit was given to Adam, and even Job, before Christ sent Him. As long as you do not reconcile the word, the error is yours.

As for the quote from Job, He did not speak for God, but in his own defense - your quote does your claim not good. In a "parable" he "uttered what he did not understand", and God confirmed it as such. And now you do the same, not reconciling what you do not understand.

The foreshadowing image created in Adam, was not the same as that which was made real in Christ, the only begotten Son.
Scott, first thanks for your reply, but Jesus is the Holy Spirit

this can be settled quickley.
question Scott, is not Jesus the Wisdom of God yes or no?.

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scott, first thanks for your reply, but Jesus is the Holy Spirit

this can be settled quickley.
question Scott, is not Jesus the Wisdom of God yes or no?.
In a manner of speaking, yes: the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

But what does that do to prove your claim that Adam had the Holy Spirit?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In a manner of speaking, yes: the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

But what does that do to prove your claim that Adam had the Holy Spirit?

all the more. is not Christ the Wisdom of God? meaning that he is God, yes,
1Cor 1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
1Cor 1:24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

see scott, Christ is that Spirit, who is God that created all things and gave life to all things. Adam was BORN of God, because Adam when created had no sin. it was the "WISDOM" of God, The Spirit, Jesus who blew the breath of Life, in him. and this LIFE is passed on to all men.

now where you error is THIS, in fellowship Adam walked with God. but the Spirit that was in ADAM GAVE HIM LIFE. that relationship produce the fellowship with God. only the fellowship was broken or cut off, but not the Spirit that gave him life. hence the reason to be born again, and the whole reason why man was made subject to vanity.

so yes, the same Spirit is the Holy Ghost who came in flesh.

and once again Scott, is christ the Holy Spirit that sinned, or the Soul that Adam became living sinned? yes or no?