A most shocking response

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
I do agree that perfect science should agree with perfect truth. Since science usually has no, or at least minimal, means to measure things spiritual or things not perceivable by the five senses of men accurately, it usually misses all of the truth. Until they also listen to God leading them they are bound to continue to miss all of the truth.
yet this is nonetheless how we advance, by making mistakes and realizing the fruit.
I also have to agree to your premise here, that science is polluted with evil intent; but then so is religion imo, and so is politics.

so i perceive a false dichotomy here, especially when a believer denigrates science on the one hand yet pays taxes to a king that openly displays evil intent to make atom bombs, using science. Or more to the point, accepts evil scientific intent--shelf life, say--into their food even, at the obvious expense of their health, etc.

you back the science you believe in with your feet/dollars, and God will not be mocked regardless, imo.
Deny science while eating ingredients you cannot pronounce to your heart's content iow; we all reap what we sow.

Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The dishonest or ignorant or greedy scientists may then be seen together with most [all?] politicians and altogether too many who are called believers. This would be why God looks more closely at the heart than at the doctrine. A superficial view is likely to be riddled with errors. Who is it that has "eyes to see" what lies beneath the surface?

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
The dishonest or ignorant or greedy scientists may then be seen together with most [all?] politicians and altogether too many who are called believers. This would be why God looks more closely at the heart than at the doctrine. A superficial view is likely to be riddled with errors. Who is it that has "eyes to see" what lies beneath the surface?
imo a completely unexplored area in Scripture is likely relevant here; that of "joining two sticks."

so while Christians mostly debate what might happen in some tomorrow, after they die, imo we are, step by step, bringing the spiritual into the practical, a little more every day. Despite them, i guess

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo a completely unexplored area in Scripture is likely relevant here; that of "joining two sticks."

so while Christians mostly debate what might happen in some tomorrow, after they die, imo we are, step by step, bringing the spiritual into the practical, a little more every day. Despite them, i guess
Well hopefully, "we" are really doing that. Everyone seems to be saying that they are doing it right. If they weren't they would be changing, right?
@APAK
One thing that comes to mind is the ecumenism of today. Some want us to be one, but with what result and what cost? This could be the clay and iron of Nebuchadnezzar's statue [Daniel 2] working to blend into something strong when the their premise is based on the idea that clay and iron really can be mixed. Those "Christians" who oppose the ecumenical movement are blocking the way for the Body of Christ or... they are part of the stone made without hands that will crush those clay and iron feet and the whole statue. Could be the feet are Catholicism and Protestantism.

Then there are the two parts of Israel divided between Rehoboam and Jeroboam after the death of Solomon apparently come back together in modern Israel, but with must we not also consider the thread by @APAK regarding who those people are in the nation of "Israel" today?

What if it is simply the correct bringing together of the OT and NT?

Then again, have we missed the two sticks altogether?

Is it all of those and/or something else?

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yes, I'm sure we all know that, although there are some who will elevate themselves to make them the bastion of truth.
YEs usually those who are the ones that are being disagreed with because teh yto believe they are bastions of truth. I care not if you believe me or nor, its no skin off my nose,,,

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Well hopefully, "we" are really doing that. Everyone seems to be saying that they are doing it right. If they weren't they would be changing, right?
hmm, i'm not sure most believers ever hear a sermon on "two sticks," so i dunno
must we not also consider the thread by @APAK regarding who those people are in the nation of "Israel" today?
you mean the country?
What if it is simply the correct bringing together of the OT and NT?
back to two sticks now, right? could be another way to put it i guess sure
Then again, have we missed the two sticks altogether?

Is it all of those and/or something else?
hard to say, imo it would be a spiritual marriage of two concepts that we naturally keep separate or something i guess? It keeps my interest bc it is hard to find NT, similar to tongues OT

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you mean the country?
You will have to explain. I have understood you saw a difference in the two, nation and country, but remember that everyone's vocabulary and experience and understanding is not the same. Help me out.

hard to say, imo it would be a spiritual marriage of two concepts that we naturally keep separate or something i guess? It keeps my interest bc it is hard to find NT, similar to tongues OT
Yes, very similar to tongues, and again that is one where some people, [as I am sure you know] can and do get into heated discussions without really even communicating. All of us are blind and deaf at times... some more or less than others.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
All of us are blind and deaf at times... some more or less than others.
imo a central takeaway of "tongues" might be that even the informed used common terms differently, iow we all speak in tongues in a sense? And the Tower of Babbel is just a rep of that, perhaps

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
imo a central takeaway of "tongues" might be that even the informed used common terms differently, iow we all speak in tongues in a sense? And the Tower of Babbel is just a rep of that, perhaps
Absolutely! Jesus spoke also in tongues, when he told a parable for which only a few were given understanding.

Reactions: pia and bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I would disagree that the Scientific Method is unassailable.
i'm glad for some commentary there, bc i'm still testing that one.
i guess we should also recognize that this method has increased our knowledge by 500% in the last 100-150 years, as we now realize just less than 5% of Creation, up from 1%! Iow >95% of Creation has yet to even be discovered

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

A Messianic Jew...and he told me that it was the joining of Jew and Gentile.
I also heard him preach on it. Good word with "scripture back up". :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
A Messianic Jew...and he told me that it was the joining of Jew and Gentile.
I also heard him preach on it. Good word with "scripture back up". :)
yes, i've heard that one too, and while i don't dislike everything in the perspective, it does seem to contest "No Jew or Gentile," at least in a sense. But at the same time if "Jew" stands for "spiritual" and Gentile for "practical," then alla sudden i like it better. And i guess these would pretty closely reflect the symbology of a MJ anyway...

Reactions: amadeus and Helen