A most shocking response

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
If I speak of my experience I'm limiting Him
Of course not, I feel like you're trying to twist my words...Your experiences with the Lord, that is what I would dearly love to hear about...If you do feel like sharing a testimony?

Reactions: Helen

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Of course not, I feel like you're trying to twist my words...Your experiences with the Lord, that is what I would dearly love to hear about...If you do feel like sharing a testimony?
I truly believe that every born again believer has had similar experiences with knowing Jesus. You feel like you're living in the dark, and then one day Jesus speaks to you and you see the light and everything makes sense.

That's about how it was. I've spoken about it often when the occasion arises.
I was raised Catholic, born again at 28, left the Catholic church a few years later and went to a Nazarene church which I really liked a lot.

Now I'm here and all there is around here is the Catholic church. So here I am.
Looking for other protestants to speak to. I love everyone that loves Jesus but I don't have to agree with everything that's said here. I don't like to argue except for a couple of doctrine that really bother me. And I don't carry on forever and ever like some guys like to do.

Not much more to tell.

I never twist people's words. If I don't understand something, I say so.
If you think I twist YOUR words, you should tell me which ones.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
At what point did I ever say that Paul craved death to be with the Lord?
well, i meant the common "you" there also, ok, "one." You are somewhere on a bell curve in your belief on that, and i don't really know where, you might sing "when we all get to heaven" with no sense of irony at all, see, and still believe what you say in the first part there.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Can you quote Paul on that
on the "dialectic" part? imo it comes to us as "see and not see" and a few other phrases, but due to the rise of logic would have been obscured anyway, in order to "hide from the wise." But as "logic" has come up again, i should prolly differentiate it now from say Scientific Method or whatever, as one's "logic" can easily be faulty, and this is what Scripture can reveal. Of course SM gets scrutinized too, but it is pretty unassailable, might even be perceived as a mechanism of faith

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
hmm. We do have a Scripture that specifically corrects this perspective, although i get what you mean there.
something about "...know God; or rather be known by Him," something like that.
John 5:39??

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
But didn't God know us first from before we were born?
imo one who seeks and follows Christ differentiates themselves from "the sea," so while God surely knew us then, we have the choice of changing our minds or not, and what mother would not take new notice of a child who has changed their mind for the better?

this is why i question Scott's perspective, even though nihilism is correct from a certain pov imo

Reactions: Helen