A most shocking response

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Letting the Bible speak for itself has served me well.
of course, it is the only way a guy with a mortgage and faith in the Rule of Law can be served, i guess.
but you will prolly never get any wool from the Lamb of God, ok

"letting the Bible speak for itself" is code for "let me interpret for you" imo
and you are welcome to it

i mean Jesus, it has served you well? Our congregations are in meltdown based upon the same principle, seems to me anyway. Generally speaking, you are on prescriptions and your kids are prolly on prescriptions, but it has served you well. You think food is available at a grocery store, and you think dollars are money, too.

if none of those apply to you then disregard them, but get the point ok

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes, but you no doubt still believe that Paul said "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord," right, and your "great accuracy" includes "Easter" where i read Passover, and i guess ignores those passages about scribes too.

which is your right ok, you can certainly believe what you like, and you might even be a better person than me too, that wouldn't be too hard

Is there a reason for me to not believe that he said "to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord"? You for some reason have a problem with this statement. Why??? Did I not explain in pain staking detail what he actually meant?? Spare me, I guess you can figure it out yourself, no need to won't waste my time repeating myself.

if you think you can read the Book logically and make it work, then imo you are the blindest of all
(common "you" there ok, not you specifically)

God being the creator of the DNA code makes him the author of logic itself. So therefore, I'd like to think that the creator of life is a reasonable guy, you know, like his image bearers, he's no moron. If you have a problem with reading scripture IN WHOLE and coming to a reasonable conclusion, then that is quite a pathetic state of affairs. Its one of the main reasons why the faith is seen as a joke by many. When Paul speaks of transformation, that transformation includes your ability to think and reason for yourself. To exclude the brain that God gave you to function as a normal human from that transformation is no true transformation at all.

(Romans 12:1-2) "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. {2} And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God."

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
not if you don't want to, nope

m'kay.....
default_mellow.png

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah, prolly books written on the subject too i guess

default_mellow.png
.....You shouldn't need someone else's book to tell you what Paul plainly wrote. Reading the whole scripture makes it was very clear on what he actually meant. But from my time being here, I see most Christians don't really bother comprehending scripture in whole, they just like to take a small verse here or there to rob of its context so they can inject their own private interpretation on it.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
i certainly would not imply "don't ever use logic" ok, but logic gets one to the Hegelian Dialectic, what we are all so intimate with that it is first nature. An implied winner and loser. This will be reflected in "Duelling Scriptures" etc imo. Opposing sects

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
.You shouldn't need someone else's book to tell you what Paul plainly wrote
you say 'plainly wrote,' but there is a lot of deviation in the translations already, and i suggest that there is like one that maybe comes close. But the beauty of dialectic reasoning, see, is that you may certainly believe that Paul was suicidal or craved death in order to "be with the Lord" if you like ok. I can't prove you wrong. But what i can do is suggest that Paul is actually chiding there, thus

we have not only made up our minds, i tell you, but also wish that we were already dead and partying with Jesus;

is a perfectly acceptable interpretation there. That is occluded by the segway very cleverly to include the same "we" in the next v,
2 Corinthians 5:9 Lexicon: Therefore we also have as our ambition, whether at home or absent, to be pleasing to Him., or

however, what we should be doing is seeking to please God wherever we are

only stated in a quite cryptic way.
"The flesh profits nothing" is also often mistranslated using a similar logic, that forces an interpretation at odds with "that it may go well with you," even "life, more abundantly," the same way Paul's assurances that he was encouraged to give up the ghost at every turn and had no intention of doing so are above
imo

Dcopymope

May 22, 2016
Motor City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the beauty of dialectic reasoning, see, is that you may certainly believe that Paul was suicidal or craved death in order to "be with the Lord" if you like ok.

At what point did I ever say that Paul craved death to be with the Lord? Can you quote Paul on that or are you just getting this from those preaching Gnosticism on here? Dead or alive, if God wants you, he will take you. This is proven with the transfiguration.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
it can even be seen how reading the two vv in most of the accepted Trannies does not even make any sense; the first v is made moot by the second one, and the subject is changed completely

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There are some who believe they are special I guess, because they "have Jesus"

Well dont you?? IF you dont than you really have problems, If Christ cannot make you feel special God forbid, i dont know where you can go to get better.
:) Right well, its easy to say that now, especially for Christians who live in certain countries that have had an easy life

I guess than you really havnt had that walk with God than that has caused your life to be turned upside down for His sake, because if you had you would know better. Believe me there are few in this world who will be ready for whats coming, when they all run to there churches and find out they cant help.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
If I recall correctly were you not the one who claimed the Holy Spirit had told you, that you had to teach me ?
You don't recall correctly.
I'm not here to teach anybody. I'm not a theologian.
I'm here mainly for fellowship since I live in a country with few protestant churches.
However, if I read something that is askew, from what I have learned from two mainline churches and also agree with from reading the bible, I will make my feelings known - although I don't like to argue a point ad infinitum.

I also don't make the claim that the "Holy Spirit told me".
The Holy Spirit speaks through God's word and speaks individually to our heart.
What He tells me is private for me.
What I share is what I've learned and believe to be true.

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You don't recall correctly.
I'm not here to teach anybody. I'm not a theologian.
I'm here mainly for fellowship since I live in a country with few protestant churches.
However, if I read something that is askew, from what I have learned from two mainline churches and also agree with from reading the bible, I will make my feelings known - although I don't like to argue a point ad infinitum.

I also don't make the claim that the "Holy Spirit told me".
The Holy Spirit speaks through God's word and speaks individually to our heart.
What He tells me is private for me.
What I share is what I've learned and believe to be true.
And you are within your human right to do so....I really do seem to recall though that you offered to take me by the hand and with you and the Holy Spirit you were going to show me where I had gone astray...I shall try to find it, and if I am mistaken, then I sincerely apologize to you.
Since I did not lay eyes on a Bible ( and was brought up in a non believing family) until 6 odd years after being saved by Him ( at age 30) and having talked with and been with Him ( or rather, Him with me, as it was in my room) for quite a few hours ( as it was getting on to the morning when it ended) I cannot agree with this....I have become aware of Him a different way, but somehow you don't seem to think He 'should' be able to do this ?
Why would you set such a limitation to Him ? What right would any of us have to say what He can and cannot do ?
I mean, you could have knocked me over with a feather at the time, when I first saw Him, because I had not thought that real or even possible before that.....But there you go.....I cannot turn my back on the One who saved me and by coming like that, made it clear that I had been wrong all those years....there really was/is a God, and that He is the God of the Hebrews, and Jesus was/is actually real and alive, even though He died a long time ago.
I'm no scientist or mystic or any such thing and I have no way to explain nor prove that what I am telling you here is the Truth, but what you can do, is for you yourself to seek Him, to ask Him...Ask Him to reveal Himself to you, if you desire that....
I can tell you that when I very first laid eyes on Him, I splurted out :" You came ! You came to someone like me?" ( what I meant by that at the time was, that as a non christian I didn't understand it ).....
All He said to that was :" You called.".....After that, explaining that I had never called Him with all of my heart before then, and He sure was right about that, as I had never called Him in any manner what so ever before, and that being the reason I had not been aware of Him before...
As I said before...You have the God given right to choose what to believe, I do so hope though, that you will seek Him for the Truth, in regard to anything you read here on the forum, from anyone, or anywhere else for that matter...We cannot just let any Word be accepted in us, without His confirmation....His Word is way to precious and valuable for that.....He truly is The Way...The Way to the Truth and the Life..

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Luk_11:9 And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

Rev_3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Al one need do is open the door and invite Him in.

Reactions: amadeus

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
And you are within your human right to do so....I really do seem to recall though that you offered to take me by the hand and with you and the Holy Spirit you were going to show me where I had gone astray...I shall try to find it, and if I am mistaken, then I sincerely apologize to you.
Since I did not lay eyes on a Bible ( and was brought up in a non believing family) until 6 odd years after being saved by Him ( at age 30) and having talked with and been with Him ( or rather, Him with me, as it was in my room) for quite a few hours ( as it was getting on to the morning when it ended) I cannot agree with this....I have become aware of Him a different way, but somehow you don't seem to think He 'should' be able to do this ?
Why would you set such a limitation to Him ? What right would any of us have to say what He can and cannot do ?
I mean, you could have knocked me over with a feather at the time, when I first saw Him, because I had not thought that real or even possible before that.....But there you go.....I cannot turn my back on the One who saved me and by coming like that, made it clear that I had been wrong all those years....there really was/is a God, and that He is the God of the Hebrews, and Jesus was/is actually real and alive, even though He died a long time ago.
I'm no scientist or mystic or any such thing and I have no way to explain nor prove that what I am telling you here is the Truth, but what you can do, is for you yourself to seek Him, to ask Him...Ask Him to reveal Himself to you, if you desire that....
I can tell you that when I very first laid eyes on Him, I splurted out :" You came ! You came to someone like me?" ( what I meant by that at the time was, that as a non christian I didn't understand it ).....
All He said to that was :" You called.".....After that, explaining that I had never called Him with all of my heart before then, and He sure was right about that, as I had never called Him in any manner what so ever before, and that being the reason I had not been aware of Him before...
As I said before...You have the God given right to choose what to believe, I do so hope though, that you will seek Him for the Truth, in regard to anything you read here on the forum, from anyone, or anywhere else for that matter...We cannot just let any Word be accepted in us, without His confirmation....His Word is way to precious and valuable for that.....He truly is The Way...The Way to the Truth and the Life..
Where did I limit God? If I speak of my experience I'm limiting Him?
Thanks for your well-wishes.