A Way

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death. - Proverbs 16:25.

That thing in man; what they know is all there is to know. You can set yourself, give yourself to understand all the mysteries of God.. and in your search you will feel you already have that feeling - I have all God can give - in understanding! Now you're right in saying 'I have all that God has to give,' when you look at the death burial and resurrection!

Scripture opening up to you is on a different level. Even in the death burial and resurrection, you will see different things that are written. God teaching you what it was he was doing in Christ. In Christ - those words need to open up to you. You cannot separate yourself from that weight of scripture to search out anything else. Not without those words fixed in you.. in him. All of scripture hinge on those words. Even the Old Testament will hinge on the words in Christ. When you look back into the Old Testament, it must be from those words that put it together for you.

But my thoughts on scripture is a different story. Me thinking I'm right and God has given to me all he can give in scripture. When the fact of the matter is; scripture is always opening up to you. As the Holy Spirit would reveal scripture to you. Teaching you what is written. Or what is in written scripture!

So when you read - leave an opening for the Holy Spirit to teach you. You can't read looking for points to prove. You read to get understanding. That understanding can only come by the Holy Spirit!

As Romans 6 says, yield ourselves to the Holy Spirit - your members.. the mind is a member. Give him room. Allow him to teach you.