Abiding In Christ Necessary for Eternal Life

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just touching on this one thought here, no need to go through the rest. "They were never of us" because they were never of us. Your statement simply again negates the plain saying of the text. How many times can you do this without realizing it's not right?

I appreciate your kindness and discussion, and I don't know what else to tell you that won't just be more like the rest, so I'm thinking it's best to leave this here.

Much love!
Again, as you say, Scripture is "harmonious"--without honoring the fact that God forgets righteousness, Scripture makes no sense.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Heb 10 "My righteous one will live by faith, but if My righteous one draws back... unto destruction".
I'm wondering, what translation is this?

Hebrews 10:38-39 KJV
38) Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39) But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Much love!

• Love
Reactions: Eternally Grateful

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is from God's covenant of Law made with Israel at Mount Horeb.

Will God forget Christ's righteousness?

We have a covenant based on better promises.

Much love!
Nope, God is "the same yesterday today and forever".
God doesn't forget Christ's righteousness, but such a person isn't "abiding in Christ", so that's not an issue.
God still blots sinners out of His Book in the New Testament (Rev 3).
God forgets sin, and He forgets righteousness--both are mentioned in Ezekiel.
You want God to continue forgetting sin but to somehow lose the capacity to forget righteousness.
How is that logical?

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm wondering, what translation is this?

Hebrews 10:38-39 KJV
38) Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.
39) But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

Much love!
Hebrews 10 BSB
38But My righteous one will live by faith;i
and if he shrinks back,
I will take no pleasure in him.”j
39But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who have faith and preserve their souls.

1. I myself added "My righteous one" where it says "he" in v38, so that there is no ambiguity--lots of people "conveniently" lose the ability to follow a thought.
2. v39 says "We are not of those RIGHTEOUS ONES who shrink back and are destroyed"--if we follow the line of thought--and he is referencing those mentioned in Hebrews 6, those who "crucify the Lord afresh and put Him to an open shame", who "go on sinning".

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This thread is about the Word of Life. Inspired by the Holy Spirit and written by the apostles. You should listen instead of disrupting.

This was my short one-way conversation with you. Not reading your response (if any) You're on ignore now. I don't engage with disruptive people anymore.
This thread is about abiding in Christ, and the only way we can do that is by the rebirth.

I don’t care how disruptive you think I’m being, that is your opinion.

I go by what God says..not man...and if God wants me to post, it will be done.

The OP starter hasn’t a clue what Born Again means, in fact he dismisses it..well, without the rebirth / Spirit of God, we don’t belong to him.

Therefore all he does ,is lead himself through scripture .....

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You want God to continue forgetting sin but to somehow lose the capacity to forget righteousness.
I do?

I don't really think about things that way.

I think more in terms that I'm a new creation, born of God. And just as I inherited the nature of my earthly father, my new creation has inherited the nature of my Heavenly Father.

This on/off righteousness was something in the covenant of Law made between God and Israel at Mt. Horeb, which is the covenant in which Ezekiel wrote.

Much love!

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So let me get this straight.

They were actually of us. But since they left. God took his imputed righteousness away, and because of that, our righteousness is forgotten (was it our righteousness to begin with?
Yes, I don't know how many times I have explained this.
God doesn't only forget sin, He forgets righteousness.
When righteousness is forgotten, it never happened.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently?
I don't really think about things that way.

I think more in terms that I'm a new creation, born of God. And just as I inherited the nature of my earthly father, my new creation has inherited the nature of my Heavenly Father.

This on/off righteousness was something in the covenant of Law made between God and Israel at Mt. Horeb, which is the covenant in which Ezekiel wrote.

Much love!
Well, whether you want to call it "on/off" or not is immaterial--the text doesn't change--God doesn't change, and He still blots names out of His Book today (Rv 3), He forgets righteousness, thus, "they were never of us".

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I don't know how many times I have explained this.
God doesn't only forget sin, He forgets righteousness.
When righteousness is forgotten, it never happened.
But it was not our righteousness which saved us, it was gods imputed righteousness.

And you still have not explained why God said they were never of us when according to you they were at one time of us..

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Apparently?

Well, whether you want to call it "on/off" or not is immaterial--the text doesn't change--God doesn't change, and He still blots names out of His Book today (Rv 3), He forgets righteousness, thus, "they were never of us".
Yes,

He blots people out who die having rejected him

He who believes is not condemned, He who does not believe is condemned already

they wre not of us because they were in a condemned state and they remained in that state. They were never born again

Reactions: mailmandan

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But it was not our righteousness which saved us, it was gods imputed righteousness.

And you still have not explained why God said they were never of us when according to you they were at one time of us..
Yes, those who are not in Christ do not have God as their righteousness.

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes,

He blots people out who die having rejected him

He who believes is not condemned, He who does not believe is condemned already

they wre not of us because they were in a condemned state and they remained in that state. They were never born again
I do not hold that all men are in His Book of Life, but, even if you wanted to assert that, He differentiates between Church members in Sardis, all of whom had been washed, but some of whom had soiled their garments, and some of whom had kept them White, and the latter would not be blotted out of the Lamb's Book of Life, but would be confessed before the Father, meaning that the former, by contrast, would be blotted out (and if the men were unsaved, and you get blotted out for sinning, surely they would have been blotted out long before the writing of the letter), and would be denied before the Father and His angels, because whoever denies Christ before men will be denied before the Father, and "they claim to know God but in their works they deny Him", so they denied Christ in their works (soiled their garments), and so would be blotted out, as God said before "the ones who have sinned against Me I will blot out of My book" (Ex 32:33).

GracePeace

May 4, 2021
Southwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"They were never of us" because their righteousness of faith is forgotten. It never happened.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We must be Born Again to see the Kingdom of Heaven, a Born Again has been birthed in the Spirit, therefore permanent, we aren’t supplied..,the Baptism in the Spirit is a one off....we have been Born of God?..

And your scripture, means what exactly to you?

Maybe you can also explain what it means to be birthed in the Spirit?..thanks.
It's not "my" scripture, but the Lord's. And you had requested it. And now rather than acknowledging it, you seem to be rejecting it and deflecting.

I don't think I will try to explain what those things mean, sister. I know you would have difficulty with it because of your OSAS belief. You are loved and so is Eternally Grateful as well....there are things we agree on for sure, but on this topic it's just endless arguing with a stronghold.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's not "my" scripture, but the Lord's. And you had requested it. And now rather than acknowledging it, you seem to be rejecting it and deflecting.

I don't think I will try to explain what those things mean, sister. I know you would have difficulty with it because of your OSAS belief. You are loved and so is Eternally Grateful as well....there are things we agree on for sure, but on this topic it's just endless arguing with a stronghold.
You’ve rejected God’s scripture also that I posted.

Plus you haven’t answered my questions about the rebirth/ Born Again..therefore if you don’t know what that means.

No wonder I’m having difficulty understanding you?

Plus I’m Born Again...not OSAS...

A Born Again is in the Kingdom of God...

Arguing with a member who started a topic, with no idea of what it means to be Born Again..therefore he is leading himself through scripture, in his confused state.mo.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's false. He does speak about it. You don't understand what He said. Or you ignore it by choice. I won't know which one of the two is the reason.
John 15:1 - I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2 Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes, that it may bear more fruit. Like I said - does not bear fruit and bears fruit.

5 I am the Vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, the same brings forth much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.
Amen! Only he who abides. Only genuine believers abide. In John 8:31-32, Jesus said - If you continue in My word, then you are truly My disciples; and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free. Those who do not continue demonstrate they are not truly His disciples, as we see in John 6:64-66.

6 If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as a branch and is withered. And they gather and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. (John 15)
Judas Iscariot is a good example. (John 6:64-71; 13:10-11,18; 17:12)

No one can be cast out who was not abiding in the Vine before he was cast out.
False. The lack of abiding (remaining, continuing) demonstrates a lack of conversion. 1 John 4:13 - By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those sheep of Jesus who believe in Him but who later draw away stop abiding in the Vine by their own choice. Not by Jesus' choice. As long as they abide, no one can snatch them out of His hand.

You're making it like the sheep who believe become robots and slaves and begin living by instinct, incapable of making any choices because they are saved.
Which sheep are those? Out of the 12 disciples only Judas Iscariot did not abide (remain, continue) and that's because he was not a sheep, but the son of perdition (John 17:12) who was an unbelieving, unclean devil who betrayed Jesus. (John 6:64-71; 13:10-11) It's not about becoming robots but becoming new creations in Christ Jesus (2 Corinthians 5:17) and being preserved forever/preserved in Jesus Christ. (Psalm 37:28; Jude 1:1)

You added your eisegesis to what Jesus said in John 10:27-28. I believe Jesus.

Reactions: Ritajanice
Status
Not open for further replies.