Abortion

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Do you believe someone can be Christian and support / defend aborting millions of unborn babies?

• Yes

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Jack,

It’s something that happens. People support for different reasons. I personally think instead of abortion adoption is a better way. All I know is that God will judge and it doesn’t necessarily matter what I think.

Can God still be seen through the acts of a person who has had an abortion leading them to himself? I believe he can be; as the sin of that act can lead to Christ.

God is the giver and taker of life.

All of us have sinned in many different ways.

So I don’t know.

May the God of peace be with you.

Reactions: Jack

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi @Jack,

It’s something that happens. People support for different reasons. I personally think instead of abortion adoption is a better way. All I know is that God will judge and it doesn’t necessarily matter what I think.

Can God still be seen through the acts of a person who has had an abortion leading them to himself? I believe he can be; as the sin of that act can lead to Christ.

So I don’t know.

Well said!!! We are all different and God knows all. I'm glad He is the Judge!

Reactions: MatthewG

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep accusing me of lying with ZERO proof. Guess who's lying.

Don't you even remember saying "a fetus is not a person"? All the Left America haters agree with you and you with them. That's FACT! Not lie.

I remember exactly what “I” said, and what “YOU” said “for me”.

I could give a crap less WHO thinks what is a “fetus or person”.

“You saying”

ALL the Left of America haters AGREE with me.....

IS phenomenal that YOU KNOW WHAT ALL the Left Believes.....and then you (with your obvious self implied psychic wizard abilities KNOW I AGREE with with ALL the Left of America so as you all them haters....
and NOT ONE SHRED of that has ONE IOTA to do with the Act of Abortion....
Which you claim to be defending!

You are not defending anything. You are rampaging, and mad I’m not jumping on your bandwagon of:

Your definition of a person.
Your pointing your finger at all people you call haters.

Dude lighten up....I have ZERO requirement to agree with you, or Be accountable for you to speak for me.

Reactions: Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No they don't, but the mother made that choice for them and SHE will have to live with the (much of the time, deeply regretful consequences) as well as the sin...UNLESS she reaches out to Christ in repentance, IMHO. This world will allow this until it becomes commonplace, and nobody raises and eyebrow. Yet, it is still a choice same as any other. If you shoot someone intentionally, it is a choice. If you drive intoxicated and kill yourself or others, again, a choice...

God affords us free will, who is man to take that away? It will never end in "this world"...legal OR illegal. We choose our path unless we submit it to The Lord and allow His choices to reign in our lives.

Sin is a free will choice...
Nancy ~
Absolutely God affords us free will....and absolutely agree, not another mans place to take that away.

@ Jack....astounding you commented Nancy is so right to acknowledge men have freewill.....Yet when @Naomanos said the same....When I said the same...
You accused us of being far left haters....no hypocrisy there...uh...:rolleyes:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
There was a heartrending fictional short play on Brit TV some years ago where we saw an elderly woman and her son going about their daily business at home talking to each other and visiting the shops together and so on etc, and as it seemed a bit boring I was on the point of switching off.
But then I noticed that when she stopped to chat to friends and neighbours in the street or the shops, her son was no longer in the scene.
It turned out that her son didn't exist because she'd aborted him when she was a young woman, but now in her lonely old age she felt so sad and guilty at killing him that she was only pretending he was alive, and he existed only in her imagination.

LouisWilliams

Mar 3, 2021
Home
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A bit of a stretch from the title of this thread, don't ya think?

OTOH, I do not believe someone can be Christian and support / defend aborting millions of unborn babies.

OTOH, I do believe abortion CAN BE morally sanctioned in some very limited number of instances. Rape = no. Incest = no. The mother's life is in mortal jeopardy, possibly. Statistics show the vast majority of abortions are due to convenience, >95%.

Regarding rape, in Canada a video was made explaining how only 6% of rape accusations have sufficient evidence to make an arrest, let alon convict in court. This means claims of rape are not true 94% of the time. And we are not talking about unwanted pregnancy, merely the claim of being raped.

My guess is among unwanted pregnancy's, the false rape claim would skyrocket if that is all that was needed to rationalize human sacrifices to Baal. The exception for rape/incest is not justice on 2 counts:
  1. The penalty for rape/incest is not death.
  2. Murdering an innocent baby is not any kind of justice.
The exception for rape/incest is just accomodating the wish to not be inconvenienced. Funny, how men not wanting to be inconvenienced by paying for 'child support' for 18 years is not an accepted rationalization for aborting the baby. But the woman being inconvenienced for a mere 9 months, intolerable! Wow.

I understand many woman say they'd not want to give the baby they carried to term up for adoption. Again, so as not to inconvenience the mother, killing an innocent baby is preferable? Not morally justified one little bit.

I think I might be able to look the other way if my teenage daughter made some kind of "mistake" and wanted to abort it right away, but even that probably only once. I am generally pro-life also, although I agree, it is AMAZING how millions of Americans today think abortion is nothing but an ordinary medical procedure, and treat it so casually and even humorously.

It is SHAMEFUL how most Catholics, who are supposed to be the most pro-life group, has become so pro-abortion it's not even funny any longer. Those pro-abortion Catholics should just leave their Church entirely, honestly, in my opinion. I still don't get how Biden and Pelosi cling to an institution when they refuse to consider any of its moral policies. The secular culture of death has become overwhelmingly pervasive in American society, and so many Christians as well have hardened their hearts over the years.

I once asked a very left-wing feminist why she felt some Americans opposed abortion. Her answer to me? "Because they hate women."

So I guess by that logic...I guess people who are for abortion hate babies? :(

What makes me uncomfortable is not that abortion has been legalized, but that it has been so glamorized in our society, as if it is some kind of woman-liberating heroic act, and that men and women who champion abortion are admirable heroes or something. It is quite honestly not so. Read this article - even 15 years ago, it was perfectly normal to have very prominent Democratic politicians who supported pro-life, but nowadays, those who do are seen as repulsive as racists by most on the American left. The Republicans have changed a lot, yes -- but so has the other side, we cannot ignore that either!

Last edited:

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It is SHAMEFUL how most Catholics, who are supposed to be the most pro-life group, has become so pro-abortion it's not even funny any longer.
That's not true.
1675171564221.png 1675171621600.png 1675171738254.png
Those pro-abortion Catholics should just leave their Church entirely, honestly, in my opinion.
Those moral relativists already have left the Church. They think they haven't. And there are not as many as the media wants you to think.
I still don't get how Biden and Pelosi cling to an institution when they refuse to consider any of its moral policies.
Biden and Pelosi don't cling, they mock.
The secular culture of death has become overwhelmingly pervasive in American society, and so many Christians as well have hardened their hearts over the years.
I think most Christians are pro-life. 100% have voted "no" in the poll.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think I might be able to look the other way if my teenage daughter made some kind of "mistake" and wanted to abort it right away, but even that probably only once. I am generally pro-life also, although I agree, it is AMAZING how millions of Americans today think abortion is nothing but an ordinary medical procedure, and treat it so casually and even humorously.
Sex is a matter of life and death. Pure evil only can deem it casual or humorous.

Rush Limbaugh pointed out the Left considers abortion a sacrement.

• Sad
Reactions: LouisWilliams

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rush Limbaugh was not a journalist but a talk show host.

And you just ignore the fact that 'safe and rare' has been removed from the Demonrat platform and what that implies?

Either way it is still sensationalism.

The name calling is uncalled for on both sides of this. I know many Democrats and they are hardly rats. I am a moderate that leans left and am listed as a Democrat and I am hardly a rat.

Reactions: Nancy

Naomanos

Jul 5, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. It is as accurate and insightful as can be. How else do you explain 70M babies aborted in the last half century? More than WWII.

It is still sensationalism no matter how you slice it. Look at what he said.

I will continue calling it sensationalism. You call it whatever you want to call it I guess and we'll let others decide what it is for themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stan B

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes me uncomfortable is not that abortion has been legalized, but that it has been so glamorized in our society, as if it is some kind of woman-liberating heroic act, and that men and women who champion abortion are admirable heroes or something. It is quite honestly not so. Read this article - even 15 years ago, it was perfectly normal to have very prominent Democratic politicians who supported pro-life, but nowadays, those who do are seen as repulsive as racists by most on the American left. The Republicans have changed a lot, yes -- but so has the other side, we cannot ignore that either!

I agree with your assessment of glamorization.
Some sort of weird thing, that if “an individual” (who happens to be famous, for whatever) tells the world she has had an abortion, it’s like a a magic wand being waved, it’s okay for others, and they also will have their dreams come true and become famous and wealthy.

I don’t liken it to A Catholic teaching specific or a Political party specific, rather (in today’s world) an individual specific.

In days past, Catholics openly preached against abortion, established homes to hide away pregnant girls, keep the children as orphans, to ease the family shame. Some of those homes turned out to be, horrible. Baby killers, Child molesters, Sex dens, and the assaults kept private and hidden for years.

In days past, men attached to the Republican Party, for years had the reputation of being openly Converted IN Christ, visible how they were upright with their children, their community, their involvement in Church.

In days past, men attached to the Democrat Party, for years had the reputation of being Mob, KKK, Hollywood, anti-black, thugs and patsies, to do their “secret” dirty works.

These days, the majority does not care who sits in the seat of Power, as long as they are willing to Promise eternal Favors and Freebies at someone else’s expense.

Reactions: Stan B and Wrangler

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Everyone who supports abortion is killing the unborn fetuses / babies!
Translating your twisted understanding of English, you are actually saying:

“Everyone who supports killing of something which has never been alive . . . “
So how can someone kill something that is already dead ????

So, this is a rule you dreamed up, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the Bible?!

Scripture warns us to avoid those with this objective, heady, highminded, 5Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away. 6For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, 7Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2Tim 3

Do you really think I would dump my Bible and follow your illiterate unsupportable nonsense??

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Onwards in the LORD my friends . Abortion is wicked and evil and let none who name the name of CHRIST
do it nor support it . Let us think only on the things that are TRUE , PURE LOVELY , the things of the LORD .
It is time to praise and thank the LORD .
A few people here have said abortion is wicked, but not one of them can supply a Scriptural reference to support their cult. Perhaps YOU could supply Scriptural support, without which, anti-abortionists writing their own Law, would have to be relegated as a demonic cult!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You're leaning far Left. I will continue to defend the unborn. Where are all the Christians?
How are you continuing to support the unborn?? Please give us a list.

Where are all the Christians? They have read in their Bible that God approves of abortion. So whoever condemns what GOD has approved doesn’t fit within the definition of ‘Christian’. Your beliefs harmonize more with Taliban, Ayatollahs, Muslims, etc. Like you, they also despise the Inspired Word of God, and make up their own rules to impose upon others.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi @Jack,

God is the giver and taker of life.

So I don’t know.

So, you believe that the best route for a 12 year old victim of rape would be devoting the next 9 months to bearing his child?!?

That is the complete opposite of God’s way, when under Levitical law, a fetus even conceived of an immoral sexual act such as adultery must be aborted!

Perhaps God’s way of doing things might be preferred to some unGodly political agenda??

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A few people here have said abortion is wicked, but not one of them can supply a Scriptural reference to support their cult. Perhaps YOU could supply Scriptural support, without which, anti-abortionists writing their own Law, would have to be relegated as a demonic cult!
Thou shalt not kill , murder . Simple enough .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do unto OTHERS as you would have done unto you . simple enough .

Reactions: Marvelloustime