Afraid of Losing My Faith In God :(

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To the OP - I haven't read all of the posts in this thread but I just want to say that I really thought it would be a long shot that Trump remain president. But I haven't lost faith in God nor should you! Maybe we just put too much faith in a man(Trump) and God was letting us know that man will fail you.

What really gets me is Kim Clements partially fulfilled prophecy. What is that all about? When I saw his prophecy I was floored. After seeing countless "prophets" on you tube all fail, Kim's word mostly came true, true enough to really think he was a prophet from God.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even so, but first things first! If our Americanism gets in the way of our Christianity, is there then any real choice for one who believes in God and His Son, Jesus?
I can see how a lot of the patriotism could be idolatry. If you put the flag above God then it's an idol.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

Ferris Bueller

Sep 9, 2020
Middle South
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What almost every church group or denomination practices and teaches is quenching the Holy Spirit. When a person quench the Spirit, he walks out of Christ. Churches set up rules and their own order to follow. There are few 'churches' where you can walk in the door and testify to the glory of God simply because you feel something good building up down in your heart. Some churches never have testimony services. Some do but testimonies are only allowed when some man decides to have a testimony service. Is that man always led by the Holy Spirit? Is that man IN the Spirit, when he rebukes a person in the congregation who had those words of praise burning them needing to be let out... to be spoken? Consider Jeremiah...

"Then I said, I will not make mention of him, nor speak any more in his name. But his word was in mine heart as a burning fire shut up in my bones, and I was weary with forbearing, and I could not stay." Jerem. 20:9

Do we suppose that if some man told the prophet, Jeremiah, to remain silent, he would have done so?

And Apostle Paul warns us:

"Quench not the Spirit." I Thess 5:19

How many have sat in a pew in a church and had that the Word of God like a burning fire want to speak out, but quenched it because it was not allowed by a minister or church rules to speak "out of order"? Whose order? God's or man's?

Ministers are supposed to help us move toward perfection so as to stop that "to and fro" thing, but many of them are not very helpful or worse:

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;" Eph 4:11-14
What you are describing is this......

1 Corinthians 14:26-31

When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up. 27If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.

29Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop. 31For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged.

The church abandoned this Biblically commanded way of meeting together so long ago that we don't even realize it was ever done this way. These kinds of meetings are so far and few between that for all intents and purposes they don't exist. I attended one in the late 80's early 90's. Once you go to church like this you'll never go back to the cold dead church system we have now.

Reactions: Nancy and amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice I said faith, not belief which can be two entirely different things. Right now I sort of feel foresaken after the events over the past couple of days. It just seems like God doesn't care about us Americans anymore. :(
Read revelations . THIS had to be sister . God gives up those who reject HIM and do not want him in their conscious . HE will and has
delivered the world over to a reprobate mind . Pastors need to quit with this best life now stuff . And start teaching churches
what JESUS said . IN This world YE gonna HAVE TRIBULATION . If our faith is in men , WE GONNA GET LET DOWN .
BIG TIME . I knew what was coming , by grace i knew it . And i had no hope in any of them . WE are rapidly headed
right into all out betrayal and persecution against the few true lambs . And NOTHING GONNA STOP IT .
Be encouraged sister . HOPE ONLY IN GOD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know the feeling. It feels that to be a Christian is to court constant disappointment
Rather odd . i have constant joy no matter what comes against me or is to come against me .
BUT THEN I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO HOPE < TRUST , OR FAITH IN MEN . ONLY IN GOD . ONLY IN JESUS .
And my JOY is constant . What a wonderful abundant life in JESUS . Whatever comes against me in this world ,
whatever i lose in this world , I HAVE JESUS . HE IS ALL I NEED . OH what great PEACE have they whose mind is STAYED UPON GOD .
Not men , not govts , BUT GOD .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the end I still follow Him even when I feel forsaken.
Govts will , men will , even familes will forsake us , BUT NOT THE GLORIOUS LORD.
What is and what is coming WILL NOT be stopped . CHOOSE YE THIS DAY , LET IT BE THE LORD , WHOM YE shall serve .
Count the cost . prepare to lose everything and i mean even your life . YET COUNT KNOWING JESUS AS ALL JOY through it all .
Now lift those hands up sister , ITS LORD PRAISING TIME . I saw this one coming sister , i knew men were not to be trusted .

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What you are describing is this......

1 Corinthians 14:26-31

When you come together, each of you has a hymn, or a word of instruction, a revelation, a tongue or an interpretation. Everything must be done so that the church may be built up. 27If anyone speaks in a tongue, two—or at the most three—should speak, one at a time, and someone must interpret. 28If there is no interpreter, the speaker should keep quiet in the church and speak to himself and to God.

29Two or three prophets should speak, and the others should weigh carefully what is said. 30And if a revelation comes to someone who is sitting down, the first speaker should stop. 31For you can all prophesy in turn so that everyone may be instructed and encouraged.

The church abandoned this Biblically commanded way of meeting together so long ago that we don't even realize it was ever done this way. These kinds of meetings are so far and few between that for all intents and purposes they don't exist. I attended one in the late 80's early 90's. Once you go to church like this you'll never go back to the cold dead church system we have now.
I have attended a very few in the past where they really strived to do it that way. Eventually, in my experience, men got in the way. Two or three getting together In Jesus Name is something we can and do see for a time, but then somebody, some man or men in their flesh, want to build a church. And so they do and one more church of men even though it may have begun as a part of the Church of God.

The last place I attended began striving to do it right, but they did lose their way. I stayed a long time because I could not understand what God wanted from me. As I started to work in that place then men took a hand in it, too much of hand. I came out or it or was drawn out of it a bit over 2 years ago before this Covid-19 thing. Now I stay home caring for my wife and trying to follow God's lead... but no more 'home' church. At age 77 there may never be another home church. God knows. Moses was 80 when God called him to do His work, so what can I say? God always knows the Way He has for us. Keep our eyes and ears open and give Him the glory!

Reactions: Nancy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THERE is absolutely no hope in men peroid . HOPE IN GOD .
What GOD once said to the lukewarm Church , so now i say again . I COUNSEL THEE TO BUY OF ME GOLD TRIED IN THE FIRE
that YE MAY BE RICH . Be zealous therefore and repent . The true lambs are gonna get HAMMERED by this world .
betrayed by most all churches even , by your own family members even . HE who loves mother , father , son or daugher
husband or wife more than ME is not worthy of me . PREPARE TO LOSE EVERYTHING for JESUS . DO NOT SELL OUT
to the all inclusive false unity lie . Be faithful to JESUS and do so unto the end . loving not our lives even unto death .

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I have attended a very few in the past where they really strived to do it that way. Eventually, in my experience, men got in the way. Two or three getting together In Jesus Name is something we can and do see for a time, but then somebody, some man or men in their flesh, want to build a church. And so they do and one more church of men even though it may have begun as a part of the Church of God.

The last place I attended began striving to do it right, but they did lose their way. I stayed a long time because I could not understand what God wanted from me. As I started to work in that place then men took a hand in it, too much of hand. I came out or it or was drawn out of it a bit over 2 years ago before this Covid-19 thing. Now I stay home caring for my wife and trying to follow God's lead... but no more 'home' church. At age 77 there may never be another home church. God knows. Moses was 80 when God called him to do His work, so what can I say? God always knows the Way He has for us. Keep our eyes and ears open and give Him the glory!

God gave me a 'mind picture' a few years ago of our then leader with his hands on the wheel of a ship. So I told him. God then gave me another 'mind picture' of God's hand on the wheel and not long after that our leader left.

Reactions: amadeus

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Notice I said faith, not belief which can be two entirely different things. Right now I sort of feel foresaken after the events over the past couple of days. It just seems like God doesn't care about us Americans anymore. :(
God is NOT about MAGA.

God is about MJGA(Make Jerusalem Great Again).

Trump's sole purpose was to make Jerusalem the official capital of Israel to the world before Jesus Christ can return.

The world is getting worse and worse, not better and better.

You should never look to the world for your spiritual answers.

2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God gave me a 'mind picture' a few years ago of our then leader with his hands on the wheel of a ship. So I told him. God then gave me another 'mind picture' of God's hand on the wheel and not long after that our leader left.
Unfortunately, I have only had one minister who had started things that way. The others came to the fore after the beginning was finished and the hands of men had already begun to reform things making them more and more like most of the other churches. Without embracing any ecumenical movement, they become ecumenical, but heading toward a One World Church with the wrong head, which is Not the Body of Christ.

The Body of Christ exists, but men can only build on it as God leads and directs. Too many 'believers' don't trust God to lead and so implement their own rules and directions and then many are left to wonder why that 'church' died...

Reactions: amigo de christo

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is no respecter of nations. His love for you is greater than any form of patriotism. Your faith is not your own; it is granted to you by One whose faith fails not. Lay hold upon it. You may safely trust in it. It does not depend upon your feelings unless you permit it. And your God-given (not state-given) religious liberty can never be revoked. Be encouraged, my friend. For He has overcome the world.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
NOPE! LoL. But you've certainly given it the college try.

On a scale of 1 to 7 days, how long do you think it will take you to get banned again?
You're an absolute troublemaker, HIH. I was being polite by actually replying to your original post that initially struck me as ridiculous, giving you the benefit of the doubt that there was room for correction.
I don't know if you're hyper-sensitive or what, but constantly making threats about reporting people or having the mods on your side, under such circumstances, just makes you out to be a nuisance and an upstart.
Don't engage if you're not going to be serious!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, I have only had one minister who had started things that way. The others came to the fore after the beginning was finished and the hands of men had already begun to reform things making them more and more like most of the other churches. Without embracing any ecumenical movement, they become ecumenical, but heading toward a One World Church with the wrong head, which is Not the Body of Christ.

The Body of Christ exists, but men can only build on it as God leads and directs. Too many 'believers' don't trust God to lead and so implement their own rules and directions and then many are left to wonder why that 'church' died...
This spirit is infecting so many now my friend . The spirit of the dark one is heading massive amounts right into this one world
concept , church , religion , mindset . My tears are for so many my friend . But so many see me as a monster and hater
and all because i speak against a false love . There is such a thing as false sensual love . And any love that can contradict truth , IS that lie .

Reactions: amadeus

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is NOT about MAGA.

God is about MJGA(Make Jerusalem Great Again).

Trump's sole purpose was to make Jerusalem the official capital of Israel to the world before Jesus Christ can return.

The world is getting worse and worse, not better and better.

You should never look to the world for your spiritual answers.

2 Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem.

3 And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it.
Gods jersualem is heavenly and above . There is no need to make that great again . ITS OF GOD .
Now leap up and praise the KING .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THERE is absolutely no hope in men peroid . HOPE IN GOD .
What GOD once said to the lukewarm Church , so now i say again . I COUNSEL THEE TO BUY OF ME GOLD TRIED IN THE FIRE
that YE MAY BE RICH . Be zealous therefore and repent . The true lambs are gonna get HAMMERED by this world .
betrayed by most all churches even , by your own family members even . HE who loves mother , father , son or daugher
husband or wife more than ME is not worthy of me . PREPARE TO LOSE EVERYTHING for JESUS . DO NOT SELL OUT
to the all inclusive false unity lie . Be faithful to JESUS and do so unto the end . loving not our lives even unto death .
Amen brother, NO compromise!